Best Friend

It's Love

The following day-

 

"It's finally Friday! Woo Hoo!" Sehun exclaimed happily and as jumped around. "Keep it down, man. You're acting like a little kid." Luhan whispered. "Sorry." Sehun said as he cleared his throat. Both of them were walking to the canteen to grab a drink before going back to the dorm. "Hey hey. Look. She's pretty, isn't she?" Sehun asked she pointed to Soojung. "Yeah she definitely is. Go ahead and ask her out." Luhan said. "okay. Wait here." Sehun said and he went to approach Soojung.

 

"Hey there." Sehun smiled. "Hi, Sehun." Soojung smiled back. "Y-you know my name?" Sehun asked in disbelief. Soojung giggled and nodded. "Do you... Wanna hang out?" Sehun asked. "Sure." Soojung smiled. Sehun looked back at Luhan and waved him goodbye. Luhan just smiled. "It's good that he has found another girlfriend."

 

 

 

Back at the dorm-

 

It was already evening. Luhan was laying on his bed with his eyes closed and his earphones on. "I'm back!" Sehun announced as he entered the room. "Luhan?" No response. Sehun put his bag down and climb onto Luhan's bed. He hovered over Luhan and waited for him to open his eyes. "Baby..." Sehun called out softly. Luhan could feel something breathing down his face and he opened his eyes. "Whoa!" Luhan exclaimed in surprised. Sehun laughed and laid beside Luhan.

 

Luhan took off his earphones and put them away. "So how was the date?" Luhan asked. Sehun smiled shyly. "Oh she's likes you too?" Luhan asked excitedly. Sehun nodded. "Oh my God! Congrats man! You owe me a drink." Luhan said. "Why do I owe you a drink?" Sehun asked. "Well I don't know. You just owe me a drink." Luhan said. Sehun laughed.

 

"I'm happy for you." Luhan said genuinely. "Thanks." Sehun smiled. "So, any plans for tomorrow?" Luhan asked. "Well... She asked me out on a date." Sehun answered. "And I want you to come along." Sehun continued. "Me? Why do you want me to come along? I don't wanna be the gooseberry." Luhan said. "You're my best friend. And she's my girl friend. I want the 3 of us to have fun together." Sehun said. "Okay then..." Luhan said.

 

 

 

10pm-

 

Luhan and Sehun were jogging at the park nearby. "Sehun. I need to go to the toilet. Be back in a minute." Luhan said and ran to the toilet nearby. While waiting for Luhan to come back, Sehun sat down on a bench. All of a sudden, a group of boys approached him. "Are you Oh Sehun?" Of them asked. "Y-yes.. How may I help you?" Sehun asked. "You stole my girl friend, Soojung. Get him!" One of them shouted and all of them started to beat Sehun up.

 

"Hey what are you guys doing?!" Luhan shouted as he ran up to them. He pushed them away and hugged Sehun so he would be the one getting hurt instead. Heavy blows of punches were given to Luhan but he just endured the pain. The boys stopped and left after seeing how badly Luhan was injured.  

 

"Sehun! Sehun are you okay?" Luhan asked worriedly as he helped Sehun up. "I'm okay." Sehun answered. "Luhan you mouth is bleeding!" Sehun exclaimed. Luhan touched the side of his mouth. "It's nothing." He smiled. "All matters that you're okay." Luhan said. "Let's... Let's go back." Sehun said and the both of them headed back to the dorm.

 

 

 

Back at the dorm-

 

"Sit down on my bed. I'll take a wet towel and wipe the blood away." Sehun instructed. Luhan did as he was told. After wetting a piece of towel with water, Sehun came back and sat beside Luhan. He started dabbing the towel gently on Luhan's wound. Luhan winced in pain each time Sehun dabbed the towel on his wound.

 

"Is it very painful?" Sehun asked. Luhan nodded. "Okay I'll stop." Sehun said and he put the towel away. He leaned in and kissed Luhan's wound gently. "Is it better?"  Sehun asked. He was really caring towards Luhan. Luhan nodded. Sehun smiled. "Why did you do that?" Sehun asked. "I... I don't know. The moment I saw you being beaten up, all I wanted to do is to protect you." Luhan said. "You saved me again and again..." Sehun said as he touched Luhan's cheek. Luhan felt warm.

 

"I'm sorry..." Sehun started to cry. "Hey hey. Don't cry." Luhan said as he wiped Sehun's tears away with his thumbs gently. "What are best friends for." Luhan said. "You keep getting injured because of me..." Sehun cried even more and he turned around. Luhan hugged him from behind and rested his chin on Sehun's shoulder. He started to sing a song.

 

”Baby don’t cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon~"

 

Sehun listened to Luhan's soothing voice.


"Baby don’t cry tonight eobseotdeon iri doel geoya~"

 

It warmed Sehun's heart.


"Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun nega aniya kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon~"

 

Sehun turned around and faced Luhan.


"So baby don’t cry cry nae sarangi neol jikil teni~"

 

Luhan  sang the last line while he wiped Sehun tears away gently. "Don't cry anymore." Luhan said softly and he kissed Sehun on his lips gently. Sehun felt very warm and loved. A simple kiss on his lips could make all the sadness go away. Luhan pulled away and they looked at each other. "Luhan. I love you." Sehun said and he kissed Luhan on his lips gently, like how Luhan did to him.

 

"Do you feel better now?" Luhan asked. Sehun smiled. "Having you by my side makes my life full of happiness." Sehun said, and he really meant it. Luhan knew that he has already fallen for Sehun and he knew that he will be in pain.

 

"Oh my God that is so cliche'. Dude, where did you learn that from, man?" Luhan teased. "Hey I really mean it, okay." Sehun said. "Yeah right. Save it for your future girl friend. And once again, only if you manage to get one." Luhan teased. "Yah you poop!" Sehun pushed Luhan onto the bed and laid beside him. "You'll sleep with me, won't you?" Sehun asked. "If you want me to." Luhan smiled and the both of them faced each other. "By the way, I really like the song you sang to me just now." Sehun said. Luhan giggled. "Thank  you." He smiled.

Sehun moved closer until their foreheads touched. He intertwined their fingers together. "I really like holding your hand." Sehun said. "Why?" Luhan asked. "Because it makes me feel warm." Sehun smiled. "Oh my God you're being cliche' again. Save it for you girl friend. will you?" Luhan acted like he was disgusted. "Stop talking about girl friends." Sehun said. "I just wanna have a world of just the 2 of us right now." He continued.

 

Luhan just stared at him. Sehun placed his lips on Luhan's and cupped his cheek. Luhan wanted to pull away, but he was enjoying it. Sehun deepened the kiss. Luhan started to kiss back. he knew that it was wrong but he couldn't help it. He wrapped his arm around Sehun's waist and pulled him closer.

 

Feeling breathless, both of them pulled away and looked at each other. "Sehun, I think we should stop doing this. You're straight and shouldn't be kissing a guy. You might turn gay." Luhan said. "I don't mind turning gay for you." Sehun said. "Stop this joke." Luhan said. "I mean it. I mean it, Luhan." Sehun said seriously.

 

"I don't care that you're a guy. You have been by my side all this time. Whenever I feel down, you always cheer me up. You make my life complete." Sehun said. "I love you, my best friend." Sehun said. Best friend... I'm still just a best friend... He only loves me as a best friend... He is still straight after all... Stop hoping for something impossible to happen, Luhan... Luhan thought to himself. "Let's sleep. I'm tired." Luhan said. Sehun hugged Luhan to sleep.