Hospitalised - Part 2

It's Love

The curtains were drawn and the doctor went out. "Doctor. How's my friend? He's alright, isn't he?" Yixing asked worriedly the moment he ran up to the doctor. Joonmyeon held his shoulders to calm him down. "Yes. Your friend is alright. Luckily you brought him here on time." The doctor said. "Was there really rat poison in his stomach?.." Yixing asked hesitantly.

Rat poison? What's Yixing talking about? Joonmyeon wondered to himself. "Yes. We've pumped out the poison so now he's alright. But he needs to eat light food as the poison has burned his stomach a little. He can leave after he wakes up." The doctor said. "Okay. Thank you, doctor." Yixing smiled. "No problem. Anyway, tell him to be more careful. Rat poison can be quite fatal if it's not treated quickly." The doctor said and left.

Yixing heaved a sigh of relief. "Yixing? What was that about rat poison?" Joonmyeon asked. Yixing looked up and saw Joonmyeon looking at him worriedly. "Umm...." Yixing answered hesitantly. "Yixing. You can tell me anything." Joonmyeon assured him. "It's actually a long story. Well, actually I'm not sure of the whole story too. In short, someone put rat poison in his drink and he drank it." Yixing said.

"But who would do such a thing? Luhan is such a nice guy." Joonmyeon said. "How do you know that he's a nice guy?" Yixing asked as he raised his eyebrow. , I can't tell him now. "Well umm... He looks nice. Just like you." Joonmyeon smiled. This guy is being so secretive. "And how did you know his name when I didn't even mention it?" Yixing asked. .

"Yixing?.." Yixing heard Luhan calling him. Yixing looked to his right and saw Luhan looking at him. "Luhan, you're awake." Yixing went in. Joonmyeon heaved a sigh of relief and he went in too.

"Yixing, I-"

"Don't need to say a single word. I understand." Yixing said. "You do?" Luhan asked. "Tia was the one who put the rat poison in your drink. I overheard her talking on the phone." Yixing said. Luhan sighed. "Whatever it is, I wanna apologise. I'm sorry, Yixing." Luhan apologised. "It's okay, Luhan. I'm fine." Yixing smiled as he ruffled Luhan's hair.

"Umm Yixing, who's this?" Luhan asked as he looked at Joonmyeon. "Oh he's a new friend of mine. I just met him earlier this morning. Right after when we met." Yixing said. "Hi. My name is Joonmyeon." Joonmyeon smiled. "Hi. I'm Luhan." Luhan smiled. "Yixing ah, he has a very sweet smile." Luhan said. Joonmyeon looked away shyly. I know, right? "Umm yeah.." Yixing said awkwardly.

"Come on. Let's go back." Yixing said as he helped Luhan got off the bed. Luhan was still feeling weak. The three of them walked slowly.

 

 

 

After a short journey in the cab, they reached at the building off their dorm. "Umm Joonmyeon?" Yixing called out. Joonmyeon's eyes lit up the moment he eard Yixing called his name. "I'll bring Luhan back to his dorm. Thanks for your help." Yixing said. Are you... Chasing me away? "Oh. Okay then. I guess I'll see you tomorrow in school?" Joonmyeon asked. Yixing nodded. "Okay. Bye. Have a good rest Luhan." He smiled. "Thanks Joonmyeon. See you tomorrow." Luhan smiled back.

"Hey wait." Yixing called out when he saw Joonmyeon started to walk away. Joonmyeon turned around and went back to them. "Yes?" He asked. "Give me your phone." Yixing said. Joonmyeon took his phone out of his pocket and gave it to Yixing. Yixing keyed in his number and gave himself a missed call.

"There. We have each others' number." Yixing gave the phone back to Joonmyeon. "Thanks Yixing." Joonmyeon tried to hide his happiness. "Okay. Bye." Yixing and Luhan entered the lift.

Joonmyeon smiled to himself. I have his number.

 

 

 

"You mustn't tell this to Sehun." Luhan said as he sat down on Sehun's bed. "Okay. Before I answer to that, I have a question to ask you." Yixing said as he sat beside Luhan.

"Why is Tia being mean to you?"

"It's because.... Umm..." Luhan fidgeted. "Luhan. You can tell me anything. That sounds like what Joonmyeon said to me. Wait. Why am I thinking about him! "I don't wanna hurt your feelings." Luhan said. "Why would you hurt my feelings? Come on Luhan. Out with it." Yixing said.

Luhan took a deep breath. "Okay. Here goes. Actually, Sehun and I were dating."

What? Yixing just stared at Luhan blankly.

"We were doing fine until Tia came to me. She told me to leave Sehun otherwise she'll hurt Sehun and me. So we broke up..."

Yixing continued listening.

"We didn't tell you because we don't wanna hurt your feelings. I'm sorry, Yixing. You're a great guy but I've always been carrying a torch for Sehun."

Yixing smiled bitterly. "You said you don't wanna hurt my feelings. But by hiding it from me hurts me even more." Yixing said. "You should have just told me. So I wouldn't continue hoping for something that would never happen."

"I'm sorry. Yixing. I really am." Luhan apologised. He felt guilty. "It's okay. At least the problem is cleared now." Yixing smiled weakly. "But what about Tia? I mean is she going to hurt you again?" Yixing asked worriedly.

"I don't know, Yixing... I'm scared..." Luhan said sadly. "Wait. Does Sehun know about this?" Yixing asked. "No. You mustn't tell him. He can't know. Otherwise Tia might get angry." Luhan said. "What! He needs to know, Luhan." Yixing said seriously. "No. Please don't tell him. Promise me." Luhan pleaded. Yixing sighed. "Okay. But! If she does anything to you again, you have to tell me. I'll protect you." Yixing said. Luhan smiled. "Thanks Yixing. You're a great friend." Luhan hugged him.

While they were hugging, the door opened and Sehun went it. Luhan pulled away quickly and he looked at Sehun. "Umm you're back." he said awkwardly. "Yeah. I guess I came back at the wrong time. Do you guys want me to come back later?" Sehun asked. He was trying not to sound sad. "Oh. No no. It's okay. I'm leaving." Yixing said as he stood up. "Have a good rest, okay? See you tomorrow." Yixing smiled and left.

'Sorry to have interrupted you guys." Sehun said. "Umm... It's okay." Luhan said. It was getting awkward for the both of them.

"Why did you come back early? Didn't go on a date with Tia?" Luhan asked as he stood up after realising that he was sitting on Sehun's bed. "She said she has to leave." Sehun answered as he sat down on his bed.

She's not gonna hurt me again, is she?

"Sit down." Sehun told Luhan and Luhan did as he was told. Sehun hugged him. "Sehun?" Luhan called out, wondering why Sehun hugged him all of a sudden. "Just let me hug you." Sehun whispered.

Both of them hugged in silence.

 

 

 

Yixing walked towards the lift. He felt hurt and betrayed. He took out his phone and looked at the number he received earlier. Joonmyeon. He called him. It wasn't even a minute when he answered it. "Yixing?" Joonmyeon answered.

The moment he heard Joonmyeon's voice, he started to cry. He sniffed. "Yixing are you crying? What's wrong?" Joonmyeon asked worriedly. Why are you so caring towards me? "Joonmyeon..." Yixing said softly. "Where are you?" Joonmyeon asked.

"I've just left Luhan's dorm. I-"

"I'll wait for you downstairs." And with that, Joonmyeon ended the call.

 

 

 

3. 2. 1

 

The door opened and Yixing went out. He was about to look for Joonmyeon when someone pulled and hugged him.

"It's okay. I'm here."

Yixing could recognize that voice anywhere. The voice that makes him feel warm and comforted.

He pulled away and saw Joonmyeon looking at him. "Can you keep me company?.." He asked. Joonmyeon smiled and held Yixing's hand. Yixing had no idea why he felt better when Joonmyeon held his hand.

"I would do that even without you asking me." Joonmyeon said. "Joonmyeon... Why are you so nice to me?..." Yixing asked softly. "Because I care for you." Joonmyeon answered as he touched Yixing's cheek gently. "But we barely know each other." Yixing said. That's what you think. "It doesn't matter." Joonmyeon said.

"Let me take you to somewhere."

 

 

 

Here's another crappy chap... Sorry if I've made you guys sad... :((