Broken Hearts

It's Love

The following morning -

 

The following morning was  just like the previous one, or maybe worse. Sehun and Luhan didn't speak a single word to each other from the moment they woke up. The atmosphere in the room was really quiet yet tense. Usually, they would drown themselves in kisses and hugs but now, not even a touch or a smile. After what happened the previous day, Sehun was contented enough to have Luhan in the room and feel his presence. He couldn't ask for more.

 

Luhan stole a glance at Sehun, who was standing in front of the mirror and combing his hair. He wanted to stand behind him and hug him so badly but Tia's words kept pulling him back. I don't mind getting hurt by Tia, as long as you're fine. Sehun's mind was too preoccupied until he didn't realise that he has been combing the same spot and caused him to feel pain. "Ouch!" He exclaimed in pain and he stopped combing. Luhan wanted to check on him so badly but he couldn't. He knew Sehun was hurting too, just like himself.

 

Sehun touched his head, the spot where he felt pain. He felt something slippery. he looked at his hand and saw blood. Luhan instantly took few pieces of tissue paper and ran to Sehun. He dabbed the tissue papers gently on Sehun's head. Sehun looked at him. "Why are you so careless?" Luhan asked, more like making a statement. Sehun held Luhan's wrist and took it away from his head. "Don't do this. It will only make me feel even harder to let you go." He said.

 

Luhan felt hurt after hearing that. He didn't want Sehun to forget about him. He was being selfish. He was the one who initiated the breakup, yet he didn't want Sehun to let him go. "I-I'm sorry." Luhan managed to voice out. "Don't be sorry. It was never your fault." Sehun said. Luhan felt really bad. Sehun grabbed his bag and left. "I'm sorry Sehun...."

 

 

 

In class -

 

As usual, Baekhyun was sitting with his boyfriend, Chanyeol. Jongin was sitting with Sehun and Luhan with Yixing. Jongin has been texting Kyungsoo for the past few minutes and Sehun was starting to feel bored. "Yah Kim Jongin. Can you stop texting your boyfriend and talk to me?" Sehun asked. Jongin giggled. "Sorry, Sehun." He said and put his phone away. "So, how are things going?" Jongin asked. "Sehun just smiled bitterly. Seeing that Sehun was looking really down, Jongin decided to tell him a joke.

 

On their left side, Baekhyun was chatting happily with Chanyeol. "Do you know what I like most about you?" Chanyeol asked. Baekhyun shook his head. "Your love for me." Chanyeol said. "Lame." Baekhyun teased. He looked over to his right and saw Sehun laughing a little with Jongin and smiled. Maybe he's feeling better already.

 

On the right side of Sehun and Jongin were Luhan and Yixing. Both of them were chatting like usual. "So... Do you have any plans for today? It's Friday. I'm sure you wouldn't wanna go back to the dorm straight after school." Yixing asked. "I don't have any plans but maybe we can hang out?" Luhan smiled. "Sure! Of course!" Yixing beamed.

 

Luhan and Sehun would accidently make eye contact with each other and they looked away quickly. Seeing Luhan being so happy with Yixing hurt Sehun a lot. He missed Luhan's company.

 

5 minutes later, their teacher entered the classroom. "Class, I have an assignment for you. You need to work in pairs. I have already paired you up. Now listen.

 

"Chanyeol and Baekhyun."

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun high fived each other.

 

"Yixing and Jongin."

 

Jongin and Yixing looked at each other and smiled.

 

"Luhan and Sehun."

 

"Mr Kim, can I switch partners with Yixing? i think I'll work better with Jongin." Sehun asked. "No can do, Mr Oh. If everyone request to change partners, then there isn't any point for my arrangement." Their teacher answered.

 

Luhan felt hurt when Sehun requested to change partners, but he couldn't blame him. Everyone changed their seats and sat with their partners. "My assignment for you today is a little unrelated to the topic of history that I taught you, but it still is history. I want you to write down the history of you and your partner. For example, the first time both of you met." Their teacher announced.

 

Sehun sighed. "What kind of assignment is this. It's ridiculous." He said as he took out a piece of paper and placed it on his table. Then he took out a pen from his pencil case. "Won't it be better if we do it together?" Luhan asked as he looked at Sehun. "Why would it be better." Sehun said, without looking at Luhan. Luhan took the paper and pen from Sehun and placed it in the middle of their tables. "We'll take turns. You tell me and I'll write." Luhan smiled. Sehun looked at Luhan. "I'll start first." Luhan said. "When I first met Sehun, I found him really good looking." Luhan spoke as he wrote. Sehun smiled a little. "Your turn." Luhan said. "When I first met Luhan, I knew that we would be best friends." Sehun spoke and Luhan wrote.

 

"We became best friends within a short time. We're very close and practically do everything together." Luhan spoke as he wrote. "Then gradually, we developed feelings for each other. We love each other more than just as a best friend. Luhan has always been by my side." Luhan stopped writing and looked at Sehun, who was smiling as he talked while looking at his table. "He has saved me from trouble numerous times. When I feel unhappy, all I need is him by my side. He'd sing for me. His voice warms my heart. The first time I told him that I like him more than a best friend, he didn't believe me. It was until I confessed to him in public." Sehun continued talking.

 

"But, those are all memories. Memories that are locked deeply in my heart." Sehun could feel tears forming in his eyes. "He has left me for another person, but I've never blamed or hated him. Because my love for him is too deep." Sehun tears dropped on the table. Luhan just stared at him. "I miss him so much. I miss kissing him, hugging him, sleeping with him, talking to him. I miss doing every single thing with him. We would kiss and hug each other almost every minute. But now, things have changed so differently. We don't even talk to each other anymore." Sehun let his tears dropped on the table.

 

"Sehun..." Luhan said softly. It pained him to see Sehun like that. "I... I gotta go to the toilet." Sehun got up and left quickly. Luhan got up and ran after him. Baekhyun noticed what happened and felt worried.

 

"Sehun! Stop! Please!" Luhan said as he chased after Sehun. Sehun ignored his plea and continued running and entered the toilet. He was about to lock the cubicle door when Luhan pushed it open and went in. Then he locked the door.

 

"What do you want?" Sehun asked. He was hurt enough. "Sehun I'm sorry. Please don't be like this." Luhan pleaded. "Just go away, Luhan. Your presence here will only make me feel even more hurt." Sehun said. Without thinking any further, Luhan cupped Sehun's cheeks and kissed him on his lips. Sehun pushed Luhan away. "What are you doing?" He exclaimed. Luhan ignored his words and kissed him again. This time, Luhan poured out his feelings and kissed Sehun deeply. Sehun responded to the kiss and pulled Luhan closer. Both of them missed it so much. So much that it hurts.  

 

They pulled away and looked at each other. "Why are you doing this?... Are you doing this just because you feel pitiful for me?." Sehun asked. Luhan was taken aback by his question so he just kept quiet. "Silence means yes. I don't need your sympathy." Sehun took a step back. No Sehun. No. That's not the reason. "Just... Leave me alone." Sehun opened the door and left.

 

'Sehun...."

 

Both of them were too occupied with each other that they didn't realise they were being watched by a pair of evil eyes outside the toilet. "Luhan..."

 

 

 

I'm sorry to have made you guys cry....