Sick and Rest

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong’s POV

 

I called my hyung and told him that I’m going out tonight with my friends and he didn’t sound good at all. I was a bit worried so I cancelled our meeting and went home instead. When I got home, the lights weren’t lit at all. I thought maybe he was still at work but when I the lights, he was lying on the floor.

 

I immediately went to him and turned him around. I put his head on my knees as I sat beside him. What the hell happened again?

 

Jiyong: hyung! Hyung!

 

Why the hell won’t he wake up?! Damn! Damn! Damn! I knew something was off! What the hell! I reached in my pocket and immediately dialed Uncle Teddy’s number.

 

Teddy: yoboseyo?

Jiyong: Samchon! Hyung fainted. And he won’t wake up!

Teddy: I’m with a patient so put him in his bed for a moment and I’ll be there as soon as I can.

Jiyong: please hurry…

 

I dropped the call and carried my brother to his room. I removed his clothes since he was soaked in his sweat. I took out his pajamas and changed him into it. Damn it… What’s going on with him?!

 

Uncle Teddy should be here any moment… Damn it…

 

Jiyong: hyung? Hyung? (Shaking him a bit) hyung?

Seunghyun: (slowly opens his eyes) ah… Jiyong-ah… (Holds his head) mianhae… I just… my head suddenly hurt and I felt dizzy and I just fainted…

Jiyong: damn it hyung! You should’ve said so a while ago when I called you!

Seunghyun: I didn’t think of it as big deal.

Jiyong: damn it!

 

I put my face in my hands and rubbed my forehead. It’s been a long time since this happened but why is it happening now? Damn it!

 

When I heard the doorbell, I immediately opened the door to see Uncle Teddy. I showed him where my brother is and he immediately checked him.

 

Uncle Teddy is our family doctor and yeah, he’s my father’s brother that’s why I call him uncle.

 

Teddy: (sighs) when was the last time you had a normal sleep?

Seunghyun: yesterday?

Teddy: (raises his eyebrows)

Seunghyun: (sighs) last week.

Teddy: (shakes his head) is there something bothering you lately? It seems like your suffering from fatigue again.

 

My face darkened as I listened to them. It’s most likely that incident again. But why the hell would he even remember it again?! Was it because of what we talked about before?

 

Seunghyun: (sigh) I just have a lot of things on my mind.

Teddy: I told you already. You should find time to rest. You can’t sacrifice your health for anything else. If you’re working too hard, you have to rest. If you’re thinking too hard, you have to relax. Find time to give yourself inner peace. Find time to relax. You know why you have this. So whenever you think that you’re thinking too much, stop and breathe.

Seunghyun: (nods) I know uncle… I… I know it’s my fault too.

Teddy: (sighs) please find time to rest Seunghyun. This kid over here will always worry about you.

Seunghyun: (looks at Jiyong) mian…

Jiyong: (huffs) you hard headed hyung… You shouldn’t go to work tomorrow. Just rest here.

Seunghyun: mm…

Jiyong: (huffs)

Teddy: well, you really should rest. But if you can go out and relax then that would be better. (Stands) if there’s anything wrong again, call me immediately. If this happens again I’ll be bringing medicine.

Jiyong: sure thing Samchon.

Teddy: (lightly hits Jiyong’s head) and you! Don’t just tell me to hurry when I’m with a patient. I can’t fly like superman!

Jiyong: (scowls) yeah, yeah…

 

When Uncle Teddy left, I went back to my brother’s room. He had his arm over his eyes. I stood by the door with my arms crossed in front of my chest.

 

Jiyong: so you’ve been unable to sleep for the past few days but you didn’t even tell me.

Seunghyun: it’s not that I didn’t want to tell you… It’s just that… I didn’t think it would come to this.

Jiyong: you and I both know that you’re not supposed to be over stressed. If you want to have time-off you should tell uncle Hyunsuk about it.

Seunghyun: yeah… I might as well tell him…

Jiyong: you should relax too. You’re always taking care of me. I’m all grown up now. I can take care of myself. I know what’s right and wrong and I know what I’m not supposed to do. I know what I should avoid and I know what I should let go. But if you still treat me like a child, I would feel like a burden to you.

Seunghyun: (removes his arm over his eyes) of course you’ll never be a burden to me.

Jiyong: even if you say that, I would think differently especially when I see you like this.

Seunghyun: (sighs) I understand.

Jiyong: I know I’m your responsibility because you’re older than me. But don’t forget, I can also take care of myself now so you don’t have to worry.

Seunghyun: (huffs) it feels like your about to leave me soon.

Jiyong: yah! I didn’t say anything about leaving you. You won’t be able to survive when I leave you.

Seunghyun: (chuckles) you’re right.

 

This is the first time we ever talked about this. I know he cares for me a lot but I don’t want him to overwork himself because of me. Even though it happened years ago, I know I’ve moved on from it. But I don’t think he has.

 

I left his room and went to mine. I wonder why he started to think about it again.

 

Author’s POV

 

Seunghyun suddenly woke up when he heard his phone ring. He reached for it and answered with his deep hoarse voice.

 

Seunghyun: yoboseyo?

Hyunsuk: Seunghyun-ah… where are you? I’m already here at the cake shop. Ji young and Dara are looking for you.

Seunghyun: Muo?

Hyunsuk: Omo… did you just wake up?

Seunghyun: mm…

Hyunsuk: ah, I guess you won’t go to the picnic huh? Well, sorry for disturbing you.

Seunghyun: picnic? What picnic?

Hyunsuk: Dara messaged you the other day about the picnic and you said yes. We sent you messages and I decided to call you since you weren’t answering. But if you’re still sleeping we might as well go ahead without you.

 

Seunghyun wrinkled his forehead while he was listening to his uncle but realization hit him that it was already Saturday.

 

Seunghyun: ah… (Holds his head and sits) I’ll be there. I just forgot about it. But I want to go.

Hyunsuk: ok then. We’ll wait for you in the cake shop. Bring Jiyong with you.

Seunghyun: mm…

 

He slowly stood up and went out of his room. He went to Jiyong’s room but he wasn’t there. He went to the kitchen and was welcomed by Jiyong’s cooked meal. Although the cook himself wasn’t present, there was a sticky note on the food cover.

 

Seunghyun: (gets the sticky note)

 

 

Hyung!

 

Needed to go to Univ. today. Project thing. Rest today! Don’t even think of going to work or your dead!

 

Jiyong

 

 

 

Seunghyun: (smiles) I guess I can’t bring him.

 

Seunghyun looked at the food and there was porridge and complete side dishes. A smile formed on his lips and he sat down to eat. When he removed the food cover, the porridge bowl moved a bit and he saw something underneath it. He lifted it up and saw another note.

 

p.s.

 

I spiked the food for you.

 

Sleep well!

 

 

Seunghyun scowled as he read the note. It was a good thing he didn’t eat it yet. He heaved a heavy sigh and sent a message to Jiyong.

 

{~~~*Message convo*~~~}

Seunghyun: I’ll be going out to relax. Be home at 9pm.

{~~~**~~~}

 

He stood up and went to take a bath. While bathing, a smile suddenly escaped his lips.

 

Thinking about it, it felt like they were a family going out on a picnic. Even though Jiyong wasn’t able to go, he thought that it’ll be nice to have a day to relax. Although they weren’t his biological family, it was still nice to hang out and have fun with them.

 

He quickly changed clothes after bathing and went on to the cake shop. When he entered, a very sweet smile greeted him.

 

Dara: Seunghyun-oppa!

Seunghyun: oh annyeong… sorry for being late today.

Dara: ah aniyo… it’s ok.

Hyunsuk: where’s Jiyong?

Seunghyun: he said he had a school project so he won’t be coming.

Hyunsuk: ah is that so?

Seunghyun: (looks around) Are we the only ones going?

Ji young: aigooo… I told my son about the picnic since last weekend but he said he forgot about it and already planned another outing with his friends. I’m really disappointed. I wanted him to meet you.

Seunghyun: ah is that so? How about your husband and your other daughter ahjumma?

Ji young: ah… (Hisses inward) they c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter