Forgiveness

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kiko stopped walking and stood idly by the bakery’s entrance. Kiko bit her lower lip as she sighed while looking at the vitamin drink that she was holding. She kept thinking of how to give it but her body doesn’t seem to know what to do. She looked up at the bakery door and saw Dara standing but the entrance and sitting at the counter.

 

She was fumbling with the plastic bag and thinking things through when someone called out to her.

 

Sanghyun: If you’re not going to enter, don’t block the entrance.

Kiko: Oh, I’m sorry.

Sanghyun: (Looks are Kiko) aren’t you…

Kiko: Oh… (Looks down in embarrassment)

Sanghyun: Are you here for my sister?

Kiko: (nods)

Sanghyun: (sighs) don’t worry too much. (pats her head) I don’t hit girls. (whispers) especially when they’re cute.

 

Kiko was surprised to hear the last part and she looked up. Sanghyun had already entered the bakery and she followed right after him. Dara immediately greeted her when she entered but Dara was surprised to see Kiko. Sanghyun just went straight to the kitchen to start his shift.

 

Kiko and Dara smiled at each other and Dara immediately led her to a table where she could sit. Dara sat just opposite of Kiko.

 

Dara: what brings you in today?

Kiko: I wanted to give this to you. (Offers the drink to Dara) I mean… it’s probably nothing but… I… I…

Dara: (smiles and reaches for the drink) thank you…

Kiko: (sighs) I don’t think I’ll be able to compare to you.

Dara: don’t say that. I know there’s a guy somewhere who’d definitely love you back…

Kiko: I guess so…

 

The two shared the silence in peace. Kiko looked at Dara who was just smiling at her. She couldn’t believe herself. She hated Dara. From the bottom of her heart she really wanted Jiyong back to herself. And she really thought it was selfish of Dara to take Jiyong but…

 

 

[Flashback to when Kiko met Jiyong at Seunghyun’s restaurant…]

 

Kiko swallowed the lump in before wiping her tears.

 

Kiko: I’m returning this. I hope I’ll never see you again.

 

Kiko turned away from Jiyong and she walked out of the restaurant with tears rolling down her cheeks. She bit her lower lip as she got out of the restaurant. She started fastening her pace, just walking… not knowing where to head to. She just wanted to get as far away from Jiyong as possible.

 

Her heart hurt too much that she didn’t know what to do anymore.

 

The more she walked the more helpless she found herself. She didn’t even know where she was anymore. She just wanted to walk and lose herself.

 

She suddenly bumped into someone and she fell on her knees. She couldn’t get up and she didn’t bother getting up as well. She just wanted to disappear. She just wanted everything to be over with.

 

Dara: Kiko…?

 

Kiko immediately looked up when she heard her name. She was surprised to see Dara. Of all the people to see her in that state, it had to be Dara.

 

Kiko tried to stand up and walk away but her heels were broken. Dara noticed that Kiko was really out of it so she offered to help. Kiko despised it. She didn’t want Dara to help her, heck she didn’t even wanna see Dara.

 

She was about to shout at Dara when she heard her…

 

Dara: I've been wanting to talk to you... Can you spare me some of your time?

 

Kiko was baffled. How dare her say this? How dare she ask for time? Kiko glared at Dara who in turn just tried her best not to seem weak in front of Kiko. Kiko sighed before standing up. She intended to head away and mind her own business but Dara immediately held on to her arm.

 

Kiko: What the—

Dara: Please Kiko... I really would like to talk to you. Please.

 

Kiko's All of Kiko's pent up anger burst out as she started shouting at Dara. She started cursing her and telling her how she ruined everything. Dara just stood there, taking in everything that Kiko was saying. And even though they were already making a scene, Dara still held onto Kiko's arm. She never let it go even with all of Kiko's protests.

 

Kiko seemed to have had enough when she finally pushed Dara and Dara fell on her bum. Dara winced in pain but she immediately stood back up and reached for Kiko's arm again.

 

Kiko got more irritated by this and was about to slap Dara but she saw Dara's conviction. She saw how Dara really wanted to talk to her and for some reason looking at Dara just brought tears in her eyes.

 

It happened so fast that she couldn’t even take in what was happening to her. Why was this woman so desperate to talk to her? Doesn’t she know how much pain she's going through? Kiko bit her lower lip but tears continued to fall from her eyes.

 

And just when she thought Dara couldn’t surprise her anymore, Dara suddenly hugged her. Dara started patting her back and telling her it'll be alright. People who were looking at them earlier on were very confused with what's happening.

 

They actually thought they had a lover's quarrel.

 

 

After making a scene, Kiko finally agreed to talk to Dara and Dara brought Kiko to a coffee shop near their bakery.

 

Dara ordered coffee for the both of them and when she returned, she made sure to give Kiko her cup and she smiled at Kiko.

 

Kiko: Why are you even doing this? What do you need to talk about? You already have Jiyong... what more do you want from me?

Dara: I... I wanted to ask you about Jiyong.

Kiko: what?

Dara: Jiyong was gone for a year. He left us wondering where he was or how he's been. We get post cards but we never really know if it was really from him. We even started doubting ourselves and thought that maybe he left because he just hat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter