Coffee and Cake

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Seunghyun’s POV

 

When I woke up, a smile immediately escaped my lips. I remembered our encounter yesterday and it makes me so happy. I want to see her today as well but I have an appointment today. Damn…

 

I stood up and yawned walked towards the kitchen and scratching the back of my head.

 

And I suddenly noticed that Jiyong was cooking. I blinked my eyes a couple more times to see if my eyes were deceiving me. But it really was Jiyong.

 

Seunghyun: yah! Who are you and what have you done to my brother?!

Jiyong: ah, good morning hyung! I’m almost finished here so you can just sit down.

 

I eyed him in confusion. What has gotten into him? I looked at the dining table and it was already set. There were side dished, rice, spoons and chopsticks.

 

He placed the food he cooked on the table and he smiled at me.

 

Seunghyun: what did you do this time?

Jiyong: nothing. I just want to show my hyung how much I appreciate him!

Seunghyun: are you sure? You only up to me like this if you got yourself into trouble.

Jiyong: Aish just eat!

 

He sat down and immediately stuffed food in his mouth. I eyed him suspiciously and slowly took the chopsticks. He was just looking at me with his wrinkled forehead and cheeks full of food. I slowly put food in my mouth while still eyeing him.

 

It tasted good.

 

I nodded as I ate the food he prepared.

 

Seunghyun: you’re getting good at cooking Haemul Pajeon.

Jiyong: (nods) obors! Bat bush tink o me? “Of course! What do you think of me?”

Seunghyun: yah! Don’t talk when your mouth is full! Tsk… Aish…

 

He nodded and chewed away. I sighed and ate without eyeing him.

 

Seunghyun: (looking at the rice bowl in front of him) Jiyong… Do you think (Looks at Jiyong) I should get married soon?

 

I was looking at him and the next thing I know, food was all over my face. I inhaled slowly while wiping away the food on my face. I put my tongue on my cheek as if removing something from my teeth stating how irritated I am right now. He was tapping his chest with his hand while drinking water.

 

Seunghyun: yah! Why did you do that for?!

Jiyong: hyung! Are you forgetting about what happened years ago?!

Seunghyun: yah! I was just asking you a random question! I didn’t tell you I’m going to get married!

Jiyong: you shouldn’t joke about it hyung! That is a very, very forbidden topic!

Seunghyun: What’s wrong with marriage?!

Jiyong: hyung… we both know what’s wrong with it.

 

I sighed. He's right. We both know the reason but I really think Dara is different. But he’s right.

 

Seunghyun: fine. I won’t talk about it anymore.

Jiyong: you promise?!

Seunghyun: (sighs) I promise.

Jiyong: (stands while slamming his hand on the table) you better not talk about it anymore or else!

Seunghyun: (raises his eyebrows) or else what?

Jiyong: (scared) or else… or else… (Blinks while looking down) (Puts the end of the chopsticks on his lips) (Slowly sits down again) or else I’ll cry. (Looking at the table and blinking) (Pouting)

Seunghyun: (looks at him with disgust) yah! You look disgusting.

Jiyong: yah!

 

I laughed at him and he just complained. I missed these times. I’ve always been too busy and he’s usually out partying or doing schoolwork so we spend less time together. But these times makes me happy.

 

Jiyong: why are you still laughing?! I’m seriously going to cry!

Seunghyun: then cry!

Jiyong: Aish… you’re such a heartless gorilla!

Seunghyun: Muo!? (Stands while slamming his fist on the table)

Jiyong: (cringes) I take it back! I take it back!

Seunghyun: why you...

 

I chased him as he ran towards the living room. And since I’m stronger, I won the wrestle match yet again!

 

Author’s POV

 

Jiyong fell asleep on the rooftop again since his body hurt from wrestling with Seunghyun. While sleeping soundly, Dara entered the rooftop carefully. She knew that he was sleeping and she wanted to surprise him. She tiptoed towards him and suppressing her laughter.

 

A little more and she could already reach him. Her hand was already stretched out to tickle him but he suddenly held her wrist. Dara twitched in surprise while Jiyong smirked and opened his eyes.

 

Jiyong: are you here to disturb me again?

Dara: mianhae…

 

Dara just gave him a sweet smile and he shook his head. He let her go and she sat on the ground and leaned her back on the swing.

 

Dara: how did you know that I was already here?

Jiyong: (yawns) you’re smell. You smell too sweet. You should change your perfume or something.

Dara: It’s not my perfume. I usually bake so I smell sweet even without putting anything on. Do you hate it?

Jiyong:  no.

Dara: do you like it?

Jiyong: no.

Dara: then what?

Jiyong: it just smells too sweet.

Dara: I don’t get you. (Sigh)

Jiyong: so did they bully you again?

 

Dara looked at Jiyong and he was also looking at her. She just smiled and made a peace sign beside her left cheek.

 

Jiyong: I didn’t tell you to do your aegyo… I asked you if they’re still bullying you.

Dara: (pouts) no they didn’t.

Jiyong: (snickers) are you a masochist or something? You sound like you want them to bully you.

Dara: aniyo… I feel better now that they’re not bullying me.

Jiyong: then why are you pouting?

Dara: oppa…

Jiyong: mm?

Dara: why can’t I know your name?

Jiyong: (chuckles) I told you… you have to find out on your own.

Dara: but even when we’re in the classroom, everyone never calls you by your first name. It’s either Kwon-sshi, oppa or hyung. (Sighs)

Jiyong: (smiles) you just have to figure it out. But in the meantime, you just have to call me oppa.

Dara: hmmm… why don’t you want to tell me your name? It’s unfair since I told you mine.

Jiyong: then I’ll call you something else.

Dara: (nods)

Jiyong: (thinks) hmmm… since you always smell sweet… I’ll just call you sweetie.

Dara: hmmm… I don’t like it.

Jiyong: wae?

Dara: It sounds like we’re a very old couple.

Jiyong: (chuckles) that’s why you don’t want it?

Dara: (nods) how about cake?

Jiyong: cake?

Dara: yeah… because I always bake a cake!

Jiyong: (nods) that sounds reasonable.

Dara: and since you’re going to call me cake… I should call you coffee!

Jiyong: coffee?

Dara: (nods) because it goes well with cake.

 

Jiyong couldn’t help but laugh at her thoughts. It was really cute how she came up with random stuff and he really enjoyed it.

 

Jiyong: (nods) alright then. Coffee and cake it is.

Dara: (nods while smiling) it sounds good together!

Jiyong: so you’re saying that we’re good together?

 

Dara puts her point finger on her chin and thinks then she smiles and nods. Jiyong chuckled again.

 

Jiyong: cute. (Pats her)

 

Dara just smiled at Jiyong as he patted her head.

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

It’s already 10 in the evening and I’m still stuck in this arcade because of Seungri. Sometimes I wonder why I became friends with that annoying thing. He’s so annoying but at the same time informative. He’s usually the first person to know news around the school. I’d say he’s probably a reporter. Ahh! I’m so tired I just want to sleep.

 

I stepped out of the arcade since I want to take a breath of fresh air.

 

I put my hands in my pockets and looked up at the sky. I heaved a heavy sigh as the stars twinkled brightly.

 

But then someone suddenly poked me.

 

Dara: coffee-yah?

Jiyong: (looks) ah… cakey… what are you doing here?

Dara: ah, my brother’s friend called me to pick him up. They said he got into another fight and they’re at the police station right now. They told me not to tell omma and I didn’t want her to know anyway since she’ll definitely scold on him again.

Jiyong: w-what? He’s at the police station right now? I’ll go with you.

Dara: aniyo… it’s ok. I usually go there.

Jiyong: cakey… since I already saw you, I better go with you.

Dara: (sigh) even if I say no you’re still going anyway.

Jiyong: of course. That’s what a friend is for. So let’s go.

 

I looked at Dara and she looked so worried.

 

As I asked her, she was still hesitating but then she told me the location. I decided that it would be better if I drove towards the police station since I can drive them home when we fetch her brother.

 

As I drove, I noticed that she was really uneasy. This is the first time I saw her really nervous.

 

Jiyong: did something happen to your brother?

Dara: ani… I’m just worried because the last time they got into a fight the group they fought with were all hospitalized.

Jiyong: Mu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter