Let's Talk About the Truth

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

Later that day…

 

In a cafe somewhere in town…

 

Server: Here’s your orders. Please enjoy… Thank you. (Bows and leaves)

Seunghyun: so, why did you ask to meet up?

Jinsil: Seunghyun-ah… I know you’re mad at us… but… but I really wanted to apologize to you.

Seunghyun: (sigh) I think it’s a bit too late for an apology. We’ve lived most of our lives without you and that man you call husband. We’ve been through everything without you so why are you apologizing now that we’re both independent?

Jinsil: Seunghyun-ah… I know that you’re both independent now. I’m actually really proud of you. But as a parent, I would still like to be one.

Seunghyun: (huffs) is this connected to that Bom girl?

Jinsil: aniyo… Seunghyun… This is about the truth. Of why we left.

Seunghyun: (becomes serious)

Jinsil: I know that in your eyes we’ve abandoned you. But the truth was… San woo is very sick. As a man who had such a pride, he did not want to show weakness to the both of you. Especially to you.

Seunghyun: me? Why?

Jinsil: because he does not want you to think of him as someone who is unworthy of me.

Seunghyun: and lying to us would be better?

Jinsil: (sighs) I didn’t want to. But he couldn’t be moved. He wanted to be cured of that illness without you and Jiyong knowing about it. He didn’t want the two of you to witness the weakest time of his life.

Seunghyun: so you both left us to fend for ourselves?

Jinsil: I wanted to bring both of you along. But he trusted his butler and his maids. He trusted them with you and Jiyong.

Seunghyun: so you were ok to leave us with maids and that butler? They’re not our parents. Of course we’re bound to search for you.

Jinsil: I know… I know all of this…

Seunghyun: then why didn’t you just tell us?!

Jinsil: because I couldn’t bear to tell you that you’re newfound father will die again!

Seunghyun: (flinches)

Jinsil: (tears start to form in her eyes) you’re father’s death almost made us give up. Especially you. Do you know how much it hurt me to see you lock yourself up in your room every day to cry? You wouldn’t even look at me. You wouldn’t eat or drink or do anything but cry. I felt loss when your father died but seeing you take it in like that gave me fear. So when San woo told me that he was sick, I agreed to keep it from you.

Seunghyun: if that’s the case then where were you once he was cured?! What happened to you then?!4

Jinsil: we came back! We did come back… but… but you and Jiyong were already gone.

Seunghyun: (huffs) then if that is the case… why didn’t you follow us? Why didn’t you show yourselves?! You already knew where we were. But why?!

Jinsil: no Seunghyun… I was there. I was always there. When Hyunsuk-oppa told me that you didn’t want to see me… I hid in the shadows… but I followed you. From the moment you graduated to the moment you build that restaurant until the moment you had your own house. I was there.

Seunghyun: what… what do you mean?

Jinsil: I knew you didn’t want to see me… but as your mother… I still wanted to see you. And right now… I still want to be a mother to my son. Seunghyun-ah… please…

Seunghyun: how can I trust you again?

Jinsil: because I just want to take care of you… Seunghyun-ah… I know everything that’s happened to you. Even the incident and its effect on you.

 

Seunghyun flinched at the mention of the incident. He looked away.

 

And suddenly, Seunghyun stood up from his chair. This act surprised his mother.

 

Jinsil: w-what are you doing?

Seunghyun: I’ll be leaving now. I don’t think we need to talk about anything more.

Jinsil: S-Seunghyun…

Seunghyun: oh… and one more thing… I would like to have a word with that old man. Jiyong isn’t even a part of this and both of you dare pull him into this mess. I don’t care when or where I’ll meet that old man… But tell him that I’ll be waiting for him. (Leaves)

Jinsil: (holds Seunghyun’s sleeve) Seunghyun… w-what are you talking about?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter