Hyung Knows

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV

 

Seunghyun drove like a madman in the streets. He was sure they still lived in the mansion where they used to live. He still knew the address since he would sometimes sneak in to check if their parents were actually there. He only stopped when he saw them with another child in their arms.

 

Seunghyun gritted his teeth as he thought about that moment.

 

They had abandoned them yet they still had the nerve to take care of a child? How dare they?

 

And now that they came back, his mother would go to him and lie? What’s the point of lying? Would it solve anything?

 

Seunghyun was furious to the fact that the woman he had wanted to call his mother… had lied to him face to face.

 

He couldn’t accept it.

 

So there he was, standing at the gate of the house that they had lived before. He was already pounding the gate with his fists, wanting someone, anyone, to open it for him.

 

San woo: (opens the gate) (irritated) what do you want? (Surprised) What are you doing here?

Seunghyun: (grips his collar) is it true that my mother is sick?!

San woo: who told you that?

Seunghyun: is it true?! (Shouting)

Jinsil: Seunghyun-ah… let go of him…

 

Seunghyun slowly let San woo go. He walked towards Jinsil and he immediately grabbed her shoulders. Holding them tightly, conveying his feelings to her.

 

Seunghyun: what the hell is your problem?! Why the hell do you love to lie to me huh?! At first it was Dad and then now! What is wrong with you?! (Glaring at Jinsil)

Jinsil: S-Seunghyun-ah… I… I didn’t mean to lie to you about anything. I… I just wanted to protect you…

Seunghyun: protect me from what?! Why do you still think I’m a child who need protection?!

Jinsil: Seunghyun-ah… that’s not what I mean…

Seunghyun: then what do you mean?! What do you expect me to do?!

Jinsil: I just want you to trust me Seunghyun-ah…

Seunghyun: How do you expect me to trust you when you can’t even tell me the truth?!

 

Seunghyun was suddenly pushed when he shook his mother. Indeed it was a sight for sore eyes. San woo had stepped in the middle of the argument, protecting Jinsil from Seunghyun.

 

San woo: don’t you talk to her like that! Even if you are her son, you have no right to shout at her!

Seunghyun: shut up! I don’t care what you think! I’m talking to my mother and it doesn’t concern you!

San woo: it concerns me because she’s my wife! Now stop yelling!

Seunghyun: stop yelling?! How do you expect me to follow someone like you when you’ve never been there for me or for your son?! Why are you so selfish?! All you think about is yourselves!

 

Jinsil panted as she heard those words from Seunghyun. She clutched her chest and she felt faint. Her eye sight seems to have blurred. And in a matter of minutes… she had heard the word that she wanted to hear from her son.

 

Seunghyun: Omma!

 

Seunghyun noticed that Jinsil was already kneeling behind San woo. His eyes grew big and just before his mother fell on the cold pavement, he called out to her and caught her. San woo was supposed to interfere but Seunghyun just glared at him, warning him that he shouldn’t be in the way. Even though San woo wanted to get his wife, he couldn’t because he knew that Seunghyun needed that time alone with her.

 

Seunghyun immediately brought her to the hospital. San woo followed suit but they did not utter a word in the hospital. When Jinsil was declared alright, Seunghyun was about to leave but… he stood before Seunghyun. He has never had tears in his eyes and he knew that he had to say something.

 

San woo: your mother… your mother had always done everything for you. She must not have told you because she knew you would be like this. She had always prayed for you. Always hoped that you will forgive her. She always thought of your wellness before hers. And she never forgot about you. She had always supported you on the sidelines and she never really left you. We did try to go all over the world to search for a match for her to get a heart transplant but she would often come back to see how you two are doing. In the end, we couldn’t find a match for her since she would often leave and stalk you just when we have a match for her. Your life was more important to her than her own. I want you to know all of that.

 

Seunghyun didn’t even spare a glance at San woo. Instead, he just walked away. He didn’t want to think of anything else. He only wanted to be alone. Or at least that’s what he thought.

 

Bom: (knocks on Seunghyun’s window)

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter