Coffee and Cake Matches

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong was taken aback with Dara’s question. Not that he didn’t want it but there was a part of him that wanted to shout that he wanted to be more than just friends. He stared at her and realized how empty her eyes were. Her statement just now didn’t match her eyes. He knew there was definitely something wrong with her.

 

Jiyong: if you can’t tell me what’s wrong… at least don’t make me worried about you. Right now, you look like your just holding back all your emotions.

Dara: (smiles) (nods) ah… well… sorry about that… but why are you taking a breather here? Did you and your hyung fight again?

Jiyong: ani… (Sighs) I’m just… thinking of something really important right now.

Dara: ahhh…

Jiyong: about your question a while ago… We could probably be friends forever… even though forever is a long time… I can probably stay by your side… but I’m not sure that I can be just a friend.

Dara: Muo?

Jiyong: (chuckles) nothing. It’s your fault you weren’t listening carefully.

Dara: (giggles) mianhae…

Jiyong: ah… cakey?

Dara: mm?

Jiyong: have you eaten yet?

Dara: aniyo… (Smiles) I was going to eat at home but then again—

Sanghyun: noona!

 

Sanghyun suddenly called out when he saw Dara with Jiyong. He was walking towards their house with Seungho and Cheolyong since they were supposed to play video games. They were all surprised to see each other.

 

Sanghyun: oh… noona… what are you doing here with him?

Dara: ah… uhm…

 

Dara couldn’t even tell Sanghyun the reason why she can’t go home since they were in front of Jiyong. Jiyong felt a bit irritated since it seems that Dara doesn’t want him to know.

 

Sanghyun: did—

Dara: ah, coffee-yah! Let’s all eat with Sanghyun and the others! My treat!

 

Jiyong just huffed and shook his head. He stood up looked at Dara.

 

Jiyong: go ahead and talk first. I’ll just go talk to his friends there. Just call us out when you’re done. Let’s all eat.

 

He smiled at her and patted her head. Then he faced Sanghyun and patted his shoulder and stepped away. As he walked away, Dara suddenly stood from her swing and called him out.

 

Dara: coffee-yah!

Jiyong: (looks at her) (raises his eyebrows)

Dara: (smiles) gomawo…

Jiyong: (nods)

 

As Jiyong went to Cheolyong and Seungho, Dara’s gaze never left his back. Sanghyun noticed this and asked his sister about it.

 

Sanghyun: and you keep on telling me that he’s just a best friend for you.

Dara: oh? (Looks at Sanghyun) wae?

Sanghyun: tsk… you shouldn’t be lying to me. I know you… I know you like coffee-hyung. (Sighs)

Dara: (lightly hits his shoulder) yah… you’re so… mean…

Sanghyun: tsk! Fine… but anyway… did Chaerin-noona go home and kick you out of the house again?

Dara: (sighs and then nods) I can just sleep at the bakery.

Sanghyun: are you kidding me?! Why does she always have to kick you out of the house whenever she visits?! She doesn’t own the house! And she doesn’t own Omma!

Dara: Sanghyun-ah~~~ it’s ok… don’t worry about it. I mean… It’s really comfortable in the bakery anyway.

Sanghyun: but noona…

Dara:  Gaettong-ah!

 

Whenever Dara says Sanghyun’s nickname, he couldn’t do anything but shut up. It only means that Dara is already serious. Even though it doesn’t show on her face, she’s really serious. Sanghyun knows the silent war between Dara and Chaerin. But of course, he’s sided with Dara and he doesn’t really get along with Chaerin anyway. So it would seem that they’re both against Chaerin.

 

Dara: Sanghyun-ah, it’s ok. I know she won’t really complain if you go home but we just can’t be in one place together.

Sanghyun: (sighs) until when are you two going to keep this up? Sooner or later Omma will surely find out.

Dara: I’ll worry about it when that time comes. (Smiles) but for now… let’s all go eat!

 

Sanghyun sighed and hugged his sister then they went to Jiyong and the others. Since Dara knows that Sanghyun loves meat, they went to eat in a Korean Restaurant and ordered meat!

 

Dara: de. That sounds about right.

 

The waitress went away and left to prepare their order.

 

Cheolyong: ah noona, thank you so much for treating us to diner! I was actually starving. (Chuckling)

Sanghyun: yah! Since when did you become really close to my sister?

Cheolyong: since she treated us now. I’m forever grateful to you noona! (Bows)

Seungho: ah, sorry for this kid’s crazy behavior noona.

Dara: it’s ok. (Laughing) he’s really funny.

 

Cheolyong stuck out his tongue to Seungho and Sanghyun.

 

Seungho: ah… Ji—

 

Jiyong immediately cut Seungho off by covering his mouth with his hand. Everyone suddenly looked at them.

 

Jiyong: ah… well… Sorry, I need to talk to Seungho for a while.

 

Jiyong dragged Seungho away and went out the restaurant.

 

Seungho: hyung! What was that about?!

Jiyong: I forgot to mention that Dara doesn’t know my name.

Seungho: Muo? Why don’t you tell her your name?

Jiyong: tsk… I don’t want her to know who I am and I don’t want her to get scared of me and expect something from me like the other people in school. The less she knows, the better. This way, I can talk to her properly and I don’t have to pretend to be perfect around her.

Seungho: (nods) uh-huh. I see… So you like Dara-noona that’s why you only want to show her your true self.

Jiyong: exactly! …wait… what?! No! That’s not what I meant at all!

Seungho: (chuckles) hyung, you don’t have to worry about it. I won’t mention it to Sanghyun.

Sanghyun: mention what?

Seungho: ah… Sanghyun-ah…

Sanghyun: so is there something I’m not supposed to know?

Seungho: yeah. Pretty much.

Sanghyun: what? Are you going to court my sister too?

Jiyong: I consider her as my best friend so… It’ll be awkward to like her right?

Sanghyun: ahh… I see what’s going on.

Jiyong: what?

Sanghyun: nothing. Well, the order’s already the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter