Friendship over Love

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong’s POV

 

I hesitated for a moment before I actually put my key in the keyhole.

 

My insides were churning around and I felt like my throat was drying up. I sighed for the nth time this morning. I didn’t even properly eat breakfast because I don’t feel like eating. Damn it… I don’t know if Dara’s going to be behind this door. Will she even go to the rooftop after what I did to her? Damn… I’m losing my mind.

 

The kiss yesterday… I don’t really know what to say to her. I don’t even know why I did that in the first place.

 

I swallowed and took a deep breath. I huffed and closed my eyes as I pushed the door.

 

I slowly opened my eyes. Expecting to see Dara on the swing… Expecting to talk to her. Expecting myself to make up a sudden excuse of why I kissed her yesterday.

 

When my eyes were fully open… No one was at the swing.

 

I sighed as I closed the door behind me… I gritted my teeth and held my forehead. Wrong move Jiyong… WRONG MOVE!

 

Dara: coffee-yah… why are you standing at the doorway? I can’t get in.

 

I suddenly turned around to see Dara’s head by the door. Relief washed over me. I’ve never been relieved to see her. I feel so refreshed. I feel so great. Wait… why?

 

Jiyong: oh… sorry cakey…

 

I moved away and she entered. She gave me a smile and proceeded to the swing. I followed her and she sat on it. I sat beside her, facing her. My left leg rested on the swing.

 

I sighed and she looked at me.

 

Jiyong: cakey… about… about the kiss… yesterday… uhm… I… well… uhm…

 

What the hell?! Work BRAIN!!! Why am I even stammering?! This is cakey for Pete’s sake! What the hell is wrong with me?

 

Dara: coffee-yah… we don’t have to discuss over it. Let’s just… pretend it never happened.

Jiyong: eh?

Dara: well… (Looks forward) I don’t want to lose my best friend… you’re the only friend I have and I don’t really know if I can find another person that I can trust in this place. (Sighs) I don’t know why you kissed me… (Looks at him and smiles) but isn’t it better to pretend it never happened so we can still stay friends?

Jiyong: (sighs) but… What if I don’t want to?

Dara: (taken aback) c-c-coffee-yah…

Jiyong: (huffs) I was just kidding…

 

I can’t believe it… I… failed at flirting with her… It’s like… I can’t even lie to her… And… I can’t even… flirt… damn… and to think that she actually values our friendship that much. I didn’t think of it that way before…

 

I sighed and chuckled.

 

Jiyong: of course cakey… Let’s forget about it if that’s what you want.

 

If that’s what you want… then I’ll pretend it never happened… Even though I can’t… Even though I don’t want to… But I need to forget…

 

I smiled when I realized what I’m thinking. It’s like I like her or something. Of course I can forget about that kiss. It’s just like any other kiss I’ve had with other girls. It’s no different.

 

Dara: ah… coffee-yah…?

Jiyong: mm?

Dara: uhm… I gave him a chance.

Jiyong: huh? Your family friend?!

 

I felt a ping of pain in my chest when she said that. I knew it’s kind of like a wild reaction but it didn’t feel right. Why would she date some random guy? Even if he’s their family friend… still… why?

 

Dara: (nods) we’re not officially together yet… but I just… we’re dating now.

Jiyong: I though I told you to introduce him to me first.

Dara: (giggles) I want to… But… I don’t know how to introduce him to you.

Jiyong: well then call me! Or message me!

Dara: but I don’t have your number.

Jiyong: huh? You don’t?

Dara: (shakes her head) no. we never exchanged numbers.

 

I stared at her with a confused expression. All this time that we’ve been together… we haven’t even exchanged numbers yet? What the hell?! I immediately brought out my phone and gave it to her.

 

Jiyong: save your number. I’ll call you so you can save my number.

Dara: (nods) okay.

 

She saved her number and gave me back my phone. I dialed her number and called her immediately. Her phone rang and she saved my number.

 

Jiyong: why didn’t you tell me earlier that you didn’t have my number?

Dara: well… always see each other every day and we always talk so I didn’t see the need to exchange numbers. Besides, guys are the ones who usually ask for the number coffee-yah!

 

I snorted and laughed. Oh this girl… she’s so adorable.

 

Wait… did I just?

 

Suddenly she looked at her watch and her eyes widened.

 

Dara: ah coffee-yah! Let’s go! We’re gonna be late!

 

I shook my head to erase those thoughts and accidentally looked at her lips… I know I should answer her but her lips… they look…

 

Dara: hurry up coffee-yah! We’re gonna be late!

Jiyong: (stands) ugh… my back…

Dara: aigooo… ahjusshi!!! Faster! Let’s go! Hurry up!

Jiyong: Aish! Who are you calling ahjusshi?!

 

She suddenly smiled sweetly while telling me to hurry up… She’s so… cute… Her lips… they’re just so…

 

DAMN!

 

I shook my head again and looked at her eyes. I sighed and nodded. We went to our classrooms and I sighed heavily. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?!

 

When school was done, I had to spend time with Sohee.

 

We went to the mall because she said she wanted to shop clothes for us. I just walked behind her as she moved from one place to another. Seriously, I’m getting sick of this .

 

Later on we went to the food court to get a drink. Finally we get to sit down. I sat opposite of her since she finds it really sweet. I smiled at her when she smiled at me.

 

Jiyong: ah so-chee…

Sohee: de oppa?

Jiyong: remember you said that there were people who wanted to hurt the… the seductress?

Sohee: (nods) wae? Why are you concerned about them? They won’t hurt her since I told them not to.

Jiyong: why?

Sohee: because I heard you were protecting her so I was protecting her too. [(To herself)”of course I have to pretend that I’m on her side so you’ll take me back! And you don’t have to know about it.”]

Jiyong: Well if that’s the case, why did they follow you? Did you set them up?

Sohee: aniyo oppa! They just suddenly dragged me and asked me if I wanted to take revenge on the seductress because she seduced you. They thought you were still my boyfriend that time.

Jiyong: ah really? You’re such a cutie…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter