Noona

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Author’s POV

 

It has been a year since Jiyong left.

 

Since he did, everyone has been searching for him. He sent post cards to his hyung and told them that he’ll be back after a while. No return address was issued and post cards came from different parts of the world.

 

Seunghyun, at his lowest, relied on Bom the entire time. He had been blaming himself of all the misfortune he has been receiving. If only he was a better person then his mother and brother would not have left him.

 

Bom stayed by his side and never left him, she had also moved in with him due to too much worry. Dara would sometimes visit just to check on Seunghyun. This made Dara and Bom’s connection stronger and they also became best of friends.

 

Dara, on the other hand, couldn’t help but feel that Jiyong left because of her. She had also been blaming herself, thinking that if she pushed hard enough then she would have been able to tell him how she truly feels.

 

Dara would often visit the university’s rooftop just to reminisce her moments with Jiyong. She often stayed there with tears in her eyes and pain in her heart.

 

She had planned to follow Jiyong, well try to follow, but Sanghyun opposed and told her that she can’t find someone who doesn’t want to be found. Maybe they do need that space to grow. If they really were meant to be, they’d end up together.

 

Jiyong, on the other hand, actually stayed in Japan and he bought post cards online so they can be sent to his hyung. He wanted a new life, a life where he had to be independent and free. Free. He will never be free of pain, but he wanted to try.

 

Exactly one year of the day of his departure, Seunghyun received a call from Jiyong that he will finally be coming home. All of Seunghyun’s pain washed away the moment he heard his brother’s voice. He was finally coming back. Seunghyun cried in that phone conversation and Jiyong could only sigh.

 

Jiyong told Seunghyun that he was landing in Korea in a few hours. Seunghyun was hoping to surprise Jiyong but thinking this would be a perfect idea for Dara to reveal the truth to Jiyong, Seunghyun sent Dara alone.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Dara was waiting at the airport for Jiyong’s arrival. She felt nervous and excited knowing that they’ll meet again. She clasped her hands in front of her chest as she waited for him at the arrival area.

 

In a few seconds, someone covered her eyes.

 

Jiyong: guess who.

Dara: Coffee-yah!

Jiyong: Oh! (Chuckles) you’re still calling me that?

 

Dara turned and saw Jiyong smiling sweetly at her. She smiled back and hugged him tightly.

 

Dara: I missed you…

Jiyong: it was just a short time.

Dara: A year felt like eternity.

Jiyong: yah noona what are you talking about?

 

Dara backed away from the hug and looked at him with surprise.

 

Dara: n-noona?

Jiyong: silly girl. (Pats her head) of course I have to formally call you noona now right? By the way, where’s hyung?

Dara: Coffee-yah…

Jiyong: I guess he couldn’t make it huh? Is he still mad at me?

Dara: Coffee-yah, I need to tell you something.

Jiyong: what is it?

Dara: Coffee-yah… Seunghyun-oppa is—

Kiko: oppa! How could you just leave your fiancé with this huge baggage!

Jiyong: ah mian…

 

Jiyong went to Kiko and helped her with the cart full of their baggage. Dara was speechless and was looking at Jiyong totally confused.

 

Jiyong put his arm over Kiko’s shoulders and smiled at Dara.

 

Jiyong: ah noona, this is my fiancé Kiko.

Dara: f-fiancé?

Jiyong: mm… I was supposed to surprise both of you but I didn’t realize he won’t be here.

 

Dara was obviously flustered but Jiyong didn’t care. Kiko looked at her suspiciously.

 

Kiko: don’t tell me she’s one of your exes again. I’ve had enough meeting those s. Is she one of them again?

Jiyong: yah! Don’t be rude to my sister-in-law!

Kiko: sister-in-law? Omo! Mianhae unnie! (Bows) I’m just so pissed off because we met his ex before we came back here in Korea. It was an all-out war!

Dara: ah really...? That’s probably a bad experience.

Kiko: ah you totally understand unnie!

Jiyong: so is hyung at home?

Dara: ah de…

 

Dara just gave them a smile and led them to the car then she drov

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter