First Kiss

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

Seunghyun and Dara were hugging when someone suddenly disturbed them.

 

Sanghyun: noona.

 

Seunghyun and Dara looked at Sanghyun and they both pulled back from the hug. Sanghyun’s right hand was in his pocket and his left hand was by his shoulder with his bag flung over his back. His face was dark and he was already glaring at Seunghyun.

 

Dara: Sanghyun-ah… Did you just go home now?

Sanghyun: (nods)

Dara: Seunghyun-oppa… this is my brother, Sanghyun. Sanghyun-ah, this is Seunghyun-oppa. Omma’s knight in shining armor.

Sanghyun: mm.

Dara: (sighs) well thank you again for tonight. See you again!

 

Dara went to Sanghyun and smiled at him Sanghyun looked at Dara and put his right arm over her shoulders. He took a last glance at Seunghyun before they entered. Seunghyun felt bad but he was so happy he didn’t mind it. Besides, Sanghyun reminded him of Jiyong. So when he thought of his brother, he immediately rushed home before his brother creates havoc.

 

When Dara and Sanghyun entered their house, they removed their shoes and walked in. But before Dara could go anywhere else, Sanghyun immediately stopped her.

 

Sanghyun: noona… who was that?

Dara: I told you. He’s the one Omma talks about a lot. Her knight in shining armor.

Sanghyun: well if he’s Omoni’s knight in shining armor then what are you doing with him? Why were you hugging him?

Dara: well… he’s also my friend and he treated me to the movies and we had coffee so I thanked him.

Sanghyun: a friend?

Dara: well… he did tell me that he likes me.

Sanghyun: do you like him?

Dara: I… don’t know…

Sanghyun: (sighs) well what about coffee-hyung? Don’t you like him?

Dara: ah aniyo… he’s my best friend. I can’t possible like him.

Sanghyun: the way I see it, I think you like coffee-hyung. I like him better than that other guy. He looks like a playboy.

Dara: Omo! My Sanghyunie likes someone!

Sanghyun: (cold voice) noona…

Dara: (sighs) don’t worry Sanghyunie… I’ll be careful about it. And besides… If I start liking Seunghyun-oppa back… Omma will surely be happy.

Sanghyun: but will you be?

 

Dara just gave her brother a pat on the head and kissed him on the cheek then she went to her room.

 

Sanghyun sighed and whispered to himself.

 

Sanghyun: I just wish you don’t have to get hurt like last time.  Or else I might really kill someone.

 

Meanwhile…

 

When Seunghyun arrived in their house, Jiyong was sitting at the couch and drawing something on the table. Seunghyun went in his room to change and went back to the living room to talk to Jiyong.

 

Seunghyun: what’s that?

Jiyong: school stuff. So how was your date?

Seunghyun: it was ok.

Jiyong: are you two together now?

Seunghyun: no.

Jiyong: ahh…

 

Jiyong didn’t even raise his head to look at Seunghyun. He was just talking while drawing and Seunghyun felt it was really disrespectful. He was about to lecture him but he suddenly said something again.

 

Jiyong: hyung, just be careful about this girl alright? (Sighs) and tell me if you’re already officially dating. So I can meet her.

Seunghyun: d-de… wait a minute… what’s with the change of attitude now?

Jiyong: nothing. I just want to meet that woman. If she’s really something special.

Seunghyun: she is.

 

Jiyong suddenly stopped drawing. He sighed and put the pen down on the table. Then he looked at Seunghyun.

 

Jiyong: she better be.

 

Jiyong sighed and fixed the items he was using. He piled everything up and carried it towards his room. Seunghyun was really confused why his brother suddenly had a change of heart. He knew there must be something wrong but he couldn’t squeeze it out of his brother. When Jiyong was by the door of his room, Seunghyun said something.

 

Seunghyun: Jiyong-ah… if there’s something wrong… please tell me. I want to know what you’re thinking.

Jiyong: (huffs) (smirks at him) nothing’s wrong hyung. I just think… maybe it’s time that we move on from that incident. Don’t you think so?

 

Seunghyun couldn’t answer but he just stared at his brother who nodded his head and went in his room. Jiyong closed the door and leaned on it. He slowly slid down and sat on the floor while still leaning on the door.

 

Jiyong: [(to himself) “If that woman can make you happy without me… I’ll accept her… As long as you don’t worry about me I’m fine with it. Sorry hyung… but I don’t want you to get involved… Not this time… and never again.”]

 

The next day, Jiyong woke up with a smell of meat. He immediately went to the kitchen to see Seunghyun cooking meat.

 

Jiyong: Oh! Meat!

 

Jiyong immediately sat on a chair and took meat from the pot. Seunghyun clicked his tongue when Jiyong got one. Jiyong blew it for a moment then stuffed it in his mouth.

 

Jiyong: ohh… so good… what’s the occasion? You rarely make stew for breakfast.

Seunghyun: well… since it’s my day off today, I suddenly thought of making it. I probably missed eating it.

Jiyong: (nods) mm…

Seunghyun: ahmmm… Jiyong-ah… if I start dating her…officially… I’ll be home less often. Is that… ok with you?

Jiyong: as long as I approve your relationship.

Seunghyun: (chuckles) de Omma.

Jiyong: Aish… tsk!

 

Jiyong took some more meat and ate it. Seunghyun shook his head and ate with him. After a while, there was one last meat left, it was the biggest one that’s why it was at the bottom of the pot.

 

Jiyong: ooh! Lucky!

 

Jiyong took it but before he could stuff it in his mouth, Seunghyun took a hold of his wrist.

 

Seunghyun: yah! You already ate ¾ of the stew and you still want to eat the last meat?! You should give that to me!

Jiyong: ah wae?! I saw it first! It’s not my fault you’re too slow at eating!

 

Seunghyun pulled Jiyong’s wrist and opened his mouth. Jiyong pulled his hand back and pulled the food closer to his mouth. They were playing tug-of-war with the food but Jiyong got really irritated so he lifted his body from his seat and chomped the meat off. Seunghyun’s eyes widened in disbelief and Jiyong chewed it away.

 

Jiyong: ahh… delicious!

Seunghyun: yah!

 

Seunghyun suddenly stood from his chair and Jiyong knew there was going to be a wrestle fight once again.

 

The moment he set foot on the rooftop, his whole body was already aching and all he wanted to do was lie down on his beloved swing. When he lied on the swing he felt much better but he felt much, much better when Dara arrived.

 

Jiyong sat on the swing to give Dara a space to sit on. Dara sat beside him.

 

Dara: oh Coffee-yah… you’re really early today.

Jiyong: mm… I didn’t want to stay in our house. I might die.

Dara: oh? Wae?

Jiyong: my brother’s going to kill me with wrestling. (Grunts) sometimes I wonder who the younger one is. He acts like a child.

Dara: (giggles) you really have a good relationship with your brother.

Jiyong: are you kidding me? Of course not! We’re always fighting and always arguing and always… tsk… we just get along fine but… yeah… probably.

 

Jiyong looked away. He was actually happy that someone praised their brotherhood. He was proud of it.

 

Dara: (laughs) coffee-yah, you don’t have to be shy about it. You remind me of my friend.

Jiyong: oh… now that you mentioned that… How did it go? Did you test him?

Dara: (nods)

Jiyong: what did you do?

Dara: well, I bought cake from our cafeteria and I decorated it and presented it to him.

Jiyong: did he eat it?

Dara: (nods) he did.

Jiyong: what was his reaction?

Dara: he spit it out and told me it that it tasted awful.

Jiyong: (surprised) really? He just told you the truth?

Dara: (nods) I really admire him for that. I think it’s ok to trust him.

Jiyong: y-yah! T-t-that’s not even a real test! You… you should give him another one! A harder one!

Dara: but why?

Jiyong: well… what if he was just acting and… and…

Dara: coffee-yah… are you jealous?

Jiyong: yah! W-why would I be jealous?

Dara: (laughs) coffee-yah… you sound like a child… why are you stuttering?

 

Jiyong wrinkled his forehead. Why was he stuttering? He also asked himself. Why did he suddenly feel threatened when Dara told him about her friend. Was he really jealous? A lot of thoughts came crashing in his mind. He didn’t know why but he suddenly got really irritated.

 

Jiyong: what are you talking about? I’m not stuttering. It’s just that my back hurts.

Dara: if you say so.

Jiyong: so… do you like him already?

Dara: I think so. But because of yesterday I think I like him more now.

Jiyong: huh? W-h-d-s-e-a…

 

Jiyong was stuttering again. He couldn’t even say a word. His thoughts clashed in his mind and he didn’t know what to say first. He didn’t know what to ask first! He was dumbfounded.

 

Dara just laughed at his silliness. She wasn’t used to her Coffee all stuttering and confused. She liked it. She smiled brightly at him after laughing at him.

 

Dara: coffee-yah… there’s definitel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter