Coffee gets mad at Cakey

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Author’s POV

 

The next day, Jiyong parked his car on the parking lot outside of school, where he can see it through the window. He knows that whoever did that to his car will surely return.

 

Although he has a problem about his car, he attended class normally. Or as normal as he can get.

 

Instructor: So as you have all noticed, we’re entering the middle of the school year and I’d have to say that all of you seniors are busy. So instead of just giving out projects for each individual, I’m giving you projects as pairs.

 

The whole class was happy with what they heard. They’d be able to do schoolwork with people they like. And of course Jiyong’s not an exception.

 

Instructor: Now I’ll announce the pairs of this project… (Announces names) and finally, Kwon, Jiyong and Park, Sandara.

 

Dara and Jiyong looked at each other when the Instructor announced that they’d be working as a pair. Dara was happy since she’ll be working with her best friend while Jiyong has glad because he’ll be able to spend more time with Dara.

 

Instructor: Now here are the instructions… (Says the instructions)

 

After announcing the instructions, the pairs sat beside each other. Of course, a lot were really jealous of Dara but since Jiyong’s back they can’t bully her again. And there’s this spark in Jiyong that they all noticed, making them more irritated about Dara.

 

While they were talking about what to do, they didn’t notice that the bell had already rung. Everyone in the class weren’t moving out of their seats. They were still talking about what to do.

 

Jiyong: so we’ll do it in my house or yours?

Dara: I’m probably more comfortable doing it at our house.

Jiyong: alright then. Your house it is. (Smiles) Oh… is ahjumma there today?

Dara: ah… aniyo… they went to visit my father. I was supposed to go but I didn’t want to skip school.

Jiyong: did Sanghyun go?

Dara: (nods) mm…

Jiyong: ah… I see…

Dara: (sighs) I’m so glad that I was paired with you Coffee-yah. I would probably feel awkward if it was someone else.

Jiyong: (pats her head) (smiles at her) yeah… I’m glad too…

 

While Jiyong was patting Dara’s head, Sohee was actually standing at the doorway. She wanted to surprise Jiyong but she was the one who was surprised to see Dara and Jiyong together.

 

The moment she saw them together, her blood immediately boiled and thought that Dara is seducing Jiyong again. And the look that Jiyong gave Dara made Sohee madder. She immediately rushed to Dara and attacked her. Everyone was dumbfounded at what was happening.

 

Sohee: you ing ! You’re really getting on my nerves! Why are you seducing my boyfriend?! You’re such a !

 

Sohee slapped Dara and she pulled on her hair. Dara couldn’t do anything because she doesn’t know how to fight. Jiyong, on the other hand, was surprised with what suddenly happened. But when he regained himself, he immediately pushed Sohee away. He went to Dara and held her shoulders, helping her out. Sohee, on the other hand, was taken aback.

 

Jiyong: are you out of your mind?! Why would you suddenly hit her?!

Sohee: (scoffs) you promised me that you won’t hang out with her anymore! Why are you together again?!

Jiyong: Seriously?! This is what you’re gonna ask me?! You ing hit her and you have the nerve to ing ask me that ty question?!

Sohee: I’m your girlfriend! Of course I have the right to ask you why you’re with her again!

Jiyong: Damn it Sohee… we’re ing classmates! And she’s paired up with me in our project!

Sohee: then why are you being so sweet to her?! And why are you all over her?!

Jiyong: sweet?! What the hell are you talking about?!

Sohee: (scoffs) how you interact with each other! And the way you look at her feels like you love her!

Jiyong: Are you ing kidding me?! Of course I don’t!

Sohee: Well the way you look at her makes it obvious!

Jiyong: (shouting) I can’t love her because she’s my brother’s girlfriend DAMN IT!

 

Everyone gasped at what they heard. And Sohee was frozen on her spot.

 

Jiyong: if this is what you’ll do to a family member then it’s better if we just break up! I don’t ever want to see your face again!

 

Jiyong helped Dara to stand up. Sohee’s knees shook. She became really weak. She wanted to stop Jiyong but her voice didn’t come out of .

 

Jiyong held Dara in his arms and they both went out of the room. Everyone, including Sohee, was left in the room with dumbfounded and shocked expressions.

 

Jiyong brought Dara to the rooftop since it’s the closest at the moment.

 

Dara sat on the swing while Jiyong stood in front of her.

 

Jiyong: are you alright?

Dara: (nods) mm…

Jiyong: (sighs)

 

Jiyong held Dara’s chin and he looked at Dara’s cheeks. They were burning red while her hair was a mess.

 

Jiyong: mianhae cakey…

Dara: aniyo coffee-yah… It wasn’t your fault.

Jiyong: I should’ve stopped her before she even did those to you. I’m sorry…

 

Jiyong leaned forward and gave Dara a hug.

 

Jiyong: mianhae…

Dara: coffee-yah… I told you…

Jiyong: mianhae cakey… I promised you that I won’t let anyone hurt you anymore. I don’t want anyone to hurt you while around. I don’t want to see you tolerating everything alone anymore. I’m here and I will never let anyone do this to you again.

Dara: (sighs) gomawo… gomawo coffee-yah…

 

Jiyong tightened his hug on Dara and he sighed heavily. Seems like he’s been getting more trouble in his life than he should get.

 

Dara: coffee-yah… it’s ok. I’m alright. So you don’t have to say sorry anymore…

 

Jiyong pulled away and sat beside Dara. Dara was blushing but she distracted herself by fixing herself. Dara fixed her hair and tied it using the ponytail that Jiyong gave her. Jiyong gave her a smile.

 

Jiyong: you look better with a normal hair tie.

Dara: (laughs) aigooo… there’s no difference coffee-yah… It’s still the same.

Jiyong cakey…

 

Jiyong held Dara’s right cheek with his left hand.

 

Jiyong: I’m really sorry.

Dara: (smiles) coffee-yah… it’s not your fault. And besides, you did announce that I’m your brother’s girlfriend in class so I guess everyone will understand.

 

Dara felt Jiyong’s hand flinch. He sighed and put his hand down.

 

It dawned on him that he did say that. It was probably because of frustration but he didn’t want people to know about it because Dara and Seunghyun themselves weren’t officially together anyway. He sighed in disbelief, disappointed of himself and what he has done.

 

Jiyong: sorry… I shouldn’t have said that.

Dara: aniyo coffee-yah… I think they’ll understand why you’re taking care of me now. Then they won’t feel ill towards me.

Jiyong: but cakey… I don’t want them to think that I’m protecting you because you’re my brother’s girlfriend.

Dara: then what do you want them to think?

 

Jiyong was taken aback with Dara’s questions. He meant it but he didn’t think that Dara would question him like that.

 

Jiyong: I want them to think that I’m protecting you because you’re my best friend.

Dara: (giggles) coffee-yah… It feels like the time when I was in high school and Sanghyun was in middle school. He’d always look after me. Just like you.

 

Jiyong can’t help but smile at what Dara said. No wonder he and Sanghyun gets along. It’s because they value Dara so much that they protect her.

 

Jiyong: c’mon, let’s get you home.

Dara: but classes aren’t over yet.

Jiyong: (sighs) yeah. Then let’s go and get the things we need for the project.

Dara: (smiles) aigooo… coffee-yah… you’re just being lazy.

Jiyong: (chuckles) yeah… probably.

 

But still, Dara agreed and they went to Jiyong’s car. But there was already someone waiting there.

 

Jiyong: what the hell are you doing here?

Sohee: oppa… m-mianhae… I-I didn’t know that she’s your brother’s girlfriend so I thought…

Jiyong: you thought what? That she’s seducing me? You’re no different than the others. You don’t even trust me yourself. I even gave us another chance but you just wasted it.

Sohee: mianhae oppa… mianhae… please… I can’t live without you…

Jiyong: don’t tell that kind of crap. Your sorry won’t undo the hurt you’ve given to Dara.

Dara: J-Ji…

Jiyong: stay out of this Dara.

 

The look Jiyong gave Dara was something he has never given her. It was a serious look that sent shivers down Dara’s spine. It was the first time Jiyong has ever been serious in front of her. Or probably the first time he has ever been mad.

 

Sohee: Well I would definitely misunderstand because of how you treat her! I’m your girlfriend but you never told me about her!

Jiyong: I don’t have to. You were my girlfriend. But you lied to me first. This relationship wasn’t a real one in the first place.

Sohee: w-what?

Jiyong: What? You think I wouldn’t know about the pictures? I knew they weren’t from you. I’ve spoiled you as much as you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter