Sleepover and Her Gift

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong: so, what about it? It’s your choice cakey.

Dara: well… (Looks at Sanghyun)

Sanghyun: (nods)

Dara: (Sighs) Okay then.

---

Jiyong: so let’s go. I’ll just drive you all. Let’s drop Seungho and Cheolyong first then let’s go to my house.

 

Sanghyun went back to the seesaw and called Seungho and Cheolyong. Jiyong drove towards Seungho’s house first and dropped them off. Just as they arrived at Seungho’s house, Jiyong suddenly received a call.

 

Jiyong: yoboseyo?

Seunghyun: ah, Jiyong-ah. I won’t be able to make it home tonight. Actually I won’t be home the whole week. The whole restaurant crew will be going to Jeju because we we’re contracted to cook and serve in a week’s event. I’m really sorry.

Jiyong: what?! Why all of a sudden?!

Seunghyun: I don’t know. Uncle just told me today. We’re already on our way to Jeju right now. I’ve taken my things at the house a while ago, I was waiting for you but you didn’t go home early today so I had to go.

Jiyong: But didn’t uncle tell you about this at least ahead of time?!

Seunghyun: sorry Ji… Really… I’m surprised about it as well but…

Stewardess: Sir, may I kindly remind you that all cellular phones need to be turned off. The plane will be departing.

Seunghyun: ah… ye… I need to go now. Really sorry. But I’ll bring home souvenirs for you!

Jiyong: yah!

 

But Seunghyun dropped the call even before Jiyong could nag at him. Jiyong looked at his phone in disbelief and sighed.

 

Jiyong: damn hyung… I was even planning on introducing you to…

 

But he suddenly stopped when he noticed that Sanghyun was looking at him.

 

Jiyong: Anyway, since my hyung won’t be home, let’s just go to my house. You can sleep there for a week if you want. He won’t be back anyway.

 

Jiyong drove his car towards their house. It amazed Dara and Sanghyun and it made Jiyong proud. They went inside and Jiyong let them sit by the living room while preparing the bed that they will be using upstairs in the guest rooms.

 

Their, his and Seunghyun’s, rooms are downstairs while there are 3 guest rooms upstairs. They preferred the guest rooms to be upstairs since it would be more convenient for them as Seunghyun explained.

 

While they were seated at the living room, Dara and Sanghyun admired the house. They looked around and Sanghyun noticed something immediately that made him direct Dara’s attention to him alone.

 

Sanghyun: mianhae noona…

Dara: mm? Wae?

Sanghyun: ah… I think I made a mistake.

Dara: about going here?

Sanghyun: (chuckles) yeah…

Dara: do you want to go home instead? I can sleep in the—

Sanghyun: aniyo noona… it’s just that… well… tsk… never mind.

Dara: ah wae?

Sanghyun: noona… do you really like ahjumma’s knight in shining armor?

Dara: mm… wae?

Sanghyun: well do you love him already?

 

Dara was taken aback with what Sanghyun asked her. She knew she liked him but there was a big difference between liking and loving someone. And as always, Jiyong stepped in just at the perfect moment.

 

Jiyong: are you going to sleep together in one room or did you want to sleep in separate rooms?

Sanghyun: where’s your room?

Jiyong: (points at his room) right there.

Sanghyun: since your room is down here… we can sleep in separate rooms.

Jiyong: (huffs) what’s this sudden change of attitude. Well, you don’t have to worry about anything. I won’t touch cakey.

Sanghyun: yeah… Of course you won’t.

Jiyong: (scoffs) well, let’s go up.

 

Jiyong led the way upstairs and Dara followed him. Sanghyun followed but he stopped and reached for the picture frame first to take a look at it. He wanted to make sure that what he saw was correct and as he looked at the picture in the picture frame, he was right.

 

Sanghyun: they’re brothers…? What the fnck…?

Dara: Sanghyun-ah! (Shouting)

Sanghyun: (Shouts) I’ll be there!

 

He put the picture frame down and faced it down just to make sure that Dara won’t see it. He went up and saw that Dara and Jiyong were waiting for him.

 

Jiyong: what were you doing down there?

Sanghyun: I got distracted.

Jiyong: by what?

Sanghyun: nothing. In any case, I’ll just sleep with my sister.

 

Jiyong and Dara looked at each other and shrugged their shoulders. Jiyong put a cushion on the floor s Sanghyun won’t have a sore back in the morning. Dara bowed at Jiyong and went to the bed while Sanghyun lied down the cushion as if it was his own bed.

 

Jiyong: just call me if you need anything.

Sanghyun: coffee-hyung, do you have extra toothbrushes and clothes we can borrow?

Jiyong: yeah. But… do you mind wearing my clothes cakey?

Dara: ah… I don’t mind at all.

Jiyong: alright. I’ll be back then.

 

Jiyong left and Sanghyun suddenly turned to Dara with a serious face.

 

Sanghyun: Noona… If you were to choose from Coffee-hyung and Omma’s knight in shining armor… who would you choose?

Dara: Muo? Why are you suddenly asking that kind of question?

Sanghyun: just answer it.

Dara: Sanghyun-ah… I don’t have to choose between them. You know I can’t be with Coffee-hyung.

Sanghyun: wae?

Dara: because we’re friends… And friends don’t treat each other as lovers.

 

Sanghyun sighed in defeat. He knew very well that he can’t squeeze and answer out of his noona once she’s made up her mind. He just shook his head and sighed.

 

Jiyong then came back with clothes and toothbrushes for them.

 

Jiyong: here you go. So, do you need anything else?

Dara: ah aniyo coffee-yah… This is enough.

Sanghyun: coffee-hyung… thanks.

Jiyong: (huffs) sure thing. If you need anything else, I’ll be downstairs ok?

Dara: (nods) Mm…

Jiyong: good night. (Smiles)

Dara: Good night coffee-yah… (Smiles sweetly)

 

Jiyong left and closed the door. Sanghyun and Dara turned their backs on each other as they changed their clothes. Dara went to brush her teeth first followed by Sanghyun. When Sanghyun entered the room he saw his noona sitting on the bed so he reached for the light switch. But before he turned the lights off, he looked at his noona.

 

Sanghyun: Noona… I just hope… you choose the right one.

 

And he turned off the lights.

 

Even though Dara felt a little confused with what he said… Since she was really full from eating, she fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

 

Jiyong’s POV

 

I woke up at the sound of my alarm. I still felt sleepy but I had to get up and make breakfast since I have guests. I sat up from my bed with my eyes still closed and I rested for a moment. Ugh… I don’t want to get up yet.

 

But then I remembered that cakey would always bring me lunch. She must be waking up earlier than normal just to make the lunch that she prepares. I suddenly felt bad so I went to the bathroom and took a bath with cold water. Okay, I’m exaggerating. It was warm water but it felt too cold.

 

After I took a bath, I went to the kitchen to cook breakfast for everyone.  I made sure that the breakfast I made would be healthy for all of us. So I made omelet rice with plain rice inside and I stir fried the meat and vegetables and placed it on the side...

 

After cooking I looked at the time and it was already 10 minutes to seven. I went up the stairs and knocked on their door.

 

Jiyong: cakey?

Dara: mm?

Jiyong: oh you’re awake?

Dara: mm…

Jiyong: breakfast is cooked. You better prepare so we could go to school together.

Dara: mm…

 

I felt a bit worried since all she answered was ‘mm’. I knocked on the door louder and I heard Sanghyun.

 

Sanghyun: yeah! We’re up already! You don’t need to knock a gazillion times!

 

I snickered and pretended not to hear him. I knocked on the door again to and the door suddenly opened. Although it did open, it was just halfway. The reason?

 

Dara opened the door and went back to bed while Sanghyun was just mumbling to himself while half-asleep. These siblings are so cute when they’re waking up.

 

I went in and tapped their shoulder.

 

Jiyong: hey, rise and shine! I already cooked breakfast.

Dara: 5 more minutes coffee-yah…

Jiyong: (chuckles) it’s late already. You still need to go back to your house to change and take a bath.

Dara: mm…

Jiyong: (sigh) hey Sanghyun… get up now. I know you’re already awake.

Sanghyun: (mumbling)

Jiyong: what?

Sanghyun: (says something non-understandable words)

Jiyong: mhmm…

 

And of course it’s hard to wake them up. I chuckled again and shook my head in defeat.

 

Jiyong: fine. 5 more minutes but that’s it.

 

And no answer from them. So now I feel what hyung feels when trying to wake me up. They’re even worse than me.

 

I went down again and suddenly thought of an idea. Instead of bringing them to the food, I think bringing the food to them would be a better idea.

 

I took the bed tray and carefully placed the food I prepared there. I took some side dishes too and put it on the tray. Then I took spoon and chopsticks and carried the tray towards the second floor.

 

Good thing I didn’t close the door or I might have to knock a ‘gazillion’ times again as Sanghyun termed it. Haha. I think hyung would like these two. They’re like children. I chuckled at my own thought. Thinking about hyung nagging them and they’re just sitting on their feet and looking down while pouting.

 

Wait… pouting? No. I don’t think hyung could get mad if they start pouting.

 

I pushed the door open with my feet and went inside the room.

 

Jiyong: food is here.

 

I waited for their response but nothing. I put the tray down at the floor by the bottom of Sanghyun’s cushion. Then I sat back on the bed and tapped Dara’s shoulder.

 

Jiyong: cakey, wake up now. It’s been more than 5 minutes.

Dara: 10 minutes more…

Jiyong: cakey!

Dara: (giggles) I know. I know.

Jiyong: oh! You’re awake?!

Dara: (sits up and nods) yeah. I was awake when you started knocking a ‘gazillion’ times. (Giggles)

Jiyong: oh. Why were you pretending to be asleep?

Dara: I just wanted to see what you’ll do.

Jiyong: (sighs) so is this guy (points at Sanghyun) awake too?

Dara: nope. He’s normally like that.

Jiyong: so how to wake him up then?

 

She went off the bed and she went on the cushion. She leaned forward and blew air onto Sanghyun’s ear. Sanghyun’s eyes immediately fluttered open and h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter