The Hero

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong’s POV

 

When I woke up, I just smelled food.

 

I stood up groggily and went to the kitchen. I didn’t see my hyung so I went to the fridge to get something to drink. Before opening the fridge, I saw a sticky note.

 

I took it out and read it.

 

 

Jiyong,

 

I need to go to work early because of a family gathering in the restaurant.

 

Eat the breakfast and have fun in school.

 

p.s.

Sorry can’t wrestle with you today.

 

                                                      Seunghyun

 

 

 

I wrinkled my forehead as I read the p.s. note. My body is already aching without even wrestling with him. Just reading this note makes my body hurt a lot! Aish!

 

I yawned and took a bath before eating. Ugh my body hurts…

 

I heaved a heavy sigh as I entered the University. I was massaging my nape when I noticed that a lot of students were piling up in one corner again. I didn’t really pay attention but I overheard them insulting someone that I knew.

 

Girl1: you good for nothing ! Your name shouldn’t be Sandara! It should be Seductress!

Girl2: you ! You still dare attend this school? Are you really a masochist?!

 

They were all saying mean things to her but I never heard her talk back to them not even once. I sighed and was supposed to leave them alone but then they started throwing things at her. I stopped when I saw someone threw a pale of water on her but she still didn’t move nor talk back.

 

I got really irritated but when she saw me, she just shook her head and looked down. So she doesn’t want me to help her?

 

I huffed loudly and she still didn’t look at me. So I turned my back on her and all of a sudden I noticed a student playing with a stone and throw it to her. When I looked back, the student hit her forehead and it was bleeding. My eyes widened and I pushed through the crowd and grabbed her wrist and pulled her towards the infirmary. I didn’t care what the other students will say or do but this has gone too far!

 

When we arrived at the infirmary, the nurse was out so I pushed her to sit on the bed. She was just looking down on the floor.

 

Jiyong: until when are you letting them do this to you?! You have a mouth! You need to talk! That’s what it’s for!

 

She just glanced at me.

 

Damn it!

 

I got really pissed off a while ago when I saw that student throw a stone to her. What the hell?! Is she just a freaking toy that they could just play with?! Damn it!

 

Jiyong: you scatterbrain! Why are you letting them bully you like this?! I told you before to tell me!

Dara: I don’t want to burden you any further…

Jiyong: If you were such a burden I wouldn’t ask you to tell me if something was wrong!

Dara: m-mianhae…

Jiyong: wait here! I’m beating the out of that bastard!

 

I was about to go out but I felt a warm presence wrap around me.

 

I looked back and she was already hugging me. Her thin arms hugged me as tight as they can just to stop me. I looked at the door and heaved a heavy sigh.

 

Jiyong: are you going to wait until they threaten your life before you start talking?!

 

No answer.

 

Damn… I’m really pissed off right now. Why the hell is she letting them do this to her? I heaved another sigh… then I remembered about her wound. I suddenly turned around and held her head. I examined her wound and didn’t notice that our faces were actually really close to each other.

 

Dara: coffee-yah… I think its ok. It’s not that deep anyway.

 

I wrinkled my forehead as I looked at her. This girl is really driving me to my edge.

 

I blew on her wound and she winced in pain.

 

Jiyong: I thought you trusted me as your friend, why are you lying to me?

Dara: mianhae coffee-yah…

Jiyong: I told you… I hate liars so if you want to be my friend you have to tell me the truth.

Dara: (nods)

 

I didn’t know what got into me but I sighed and hugged her.

 

Jiyong: I don’t want anything like this to happen again, understand? If they do bully you again, tell me.

Dara: (nods)

 

I felt a bit calmer after this conversation. I do hope that she tells me the truth from now on. This crazy girl will surely break if I don’t help her.

 

I looked at her and she gave me a weak smile. I smiled back.

 

Jiyong: sit on the bed, I’ll just get disinfectant and bandage for your wound.

Dara: de…

 

To tell you the truth, I really value our friendship.

 

Why?

 

Well the reason is, I don’t have to pretend.

 

In this school, I’m known as the leader and I always get high expectations from everyone. Aside from that, everyone wants to be my friend to gain something from me. Most of them to become my girl and I usually just let them. I don’t really care about who I have with but I’ve never really slept with a girl.

 

If you’re curious why…

 

I guess I just don’t want to be in a serious relationship.

 

But isn’t having the only thing you do when you’re in a relationship? So I guess it’s too much drama if I suddenly got into a serious relationship. I don’t mind fncking around and having but I don’t see the need of spending the whole night with them if all you’re going to do is have .

 

So in this school, she’s the only person who doesn’t even know me. So I don’t have to act cool or flirty towards her. I tried and like I told you before it didn’t feel right and she’s not my type. No flirting with her whatsoever.

 

But aside from not knowing me, she reminds me of my hyung. She’s a very kind and caring person. She knows her responsibilities well and she always puts others before herself.

 

There was this one time, I had a headache so I went here in the infirmary and rested. When I woke up, there was a sticky note on the bedside table with a glass of water and medicine. I can still remember that I smiled when I read it.

 

 

Coffee,

 

Here’s a medicine for headache. Don’t take in the medicine in the clinic, it doesn’t work!

 

Please take it when you wake up.

 

Take Care!

 

Cakey ^-^

 

 

 

I feel comfortable whenever she’s near so I guess I could say that she’s a sister I never had.

 

I looked back at her and she was already sleeping on the bed. Only her upper body was lying down on her right side and her legs are still hanging on the bedside.

 

I couldn’t help but feel bad. I wasn’t even able to protect her a while ago. I should’ve just taken their attention away from her like what I did before.

 

I held her cheek and smiled.

 

I guess she’s really crazy.

 

I heaved a heavy sigh and put her legs on the bed. I covered her body with the blanket and sat beside the bed. She shouldn’t be treated like this. Why is everyone acting like that? Why can’t they see that they’re hurting her?

 

I sighed again and crossed my arms on my chest.

 

If this girl doesn’t stand up and say something… I will.

 

Author’s POV

 

Jiyong was determined to tell the principal about how the students bullied Dara. But he hesitated since his plan might backfire on him. If he tells the principal about it, they might think that he and Dara are in a relationship. Dara will definitely get more bullies. He thought about it as he sat there and guarded Dara as she slept.

 

He looked at her and forgot what he was thinking about. His mind was filled with her. She looked like an angel while she was sleeping. He took that time to study her features. He was lost in his thoughts as he stared at her.

 

After some time, she moved and he immediately broke his stare. He looked away and cleared his throat.

 

Jiyong: [(to himself) “what the hell am I even doing? Damn it… this is Cake I’m looking at. I can’t possibly want to do her. Damn it!”]

 

Jiyong stood up and took the disinfectant and the bandage. He wiped the blood and slowly put disinfectant on her wound. She winced but she didn’t wake up.

 

A smile escaped his lips.

 

Jiyong: you sleep like a log.

 

No response from her. He just smiled.

 

He put bandage after cleaning her wound and sat again. He sighed and returned to his original train of thoughts. How could he inform the principal without people suspecting them as a couple? But then again, with what he did a while ago, they might bully her more now. He heaved a heavy sigh and heard her groan.

 

Dara: (sits up) coffee-yah… mianhae…

Jiyong: what are you sorry for?

Dara: I fell asleep.

Jiyong: silly cakey… (Lightly pats her head) do you want to go home?

Dara: ah aniyo… I still have classes.

Jiyong: I won’t let you go to class with that wound. Even if it’s not deep what if they bully you again?

 

Dara looked away. Jiyong sighed and smiled at her.

 

Jiyong: I’ll drive you home.

 

Dara looked at Jiyong and she saw how serious he is. She nodded and gave him a weak smile.

 

He peeked out the door to check if there were people waiting outside for them. But thankfully, no one was there since they were all in their respective classes. They both rushed towards the parking lot and Jiyong drove her home. She told the directions to him.

 

Dara: (giggles)

Jiyong: Muo?

Dara: it feels like Deja vu.

Jiyong: wae? Have you done this before?

Dara: (nods) de. A family friend gave me a ride home before too.

Jiyong: is that family friend a guy?

Dara: (nods) mm…

Jiyong: does he like you?

Dara: aniyo! He’s just a friend.

Jiyong: mm…

 

Jiyong felt a quick sting in his heart but when Dara said they were just friends, he felt better.

 

When they arrived at Dara’s house…

 

Dara: coffee-yah… gomawo…

Jiyong: (smiles) of course. You can always count on me.

Dara: ah… coffee-yah…

Jiyong: mm?

Dara: do you want to drink tea before going?

Jiyong: (hisses inwardly) I have to refuse for now. Your brother might misunderstand.

Dara: but he’s at school right now.

Jiyong: I don’t think so.

 

Jiyong was looking at something or someone in particular and Dara noticed that Jiyong wasn’t looking at her. She turned her gaze at the thing or person that Jiyong was looking at and saw Sanghyun by their gate.

 

Dara: I better go.

Jiyong: (nods)

 

Dara went down and Sanghyun immediately saw the bandage on her forehead. He rushed towards her and held her shoulders.

 

Sanghyun: what happened to you? Who did this to you?

Dara: Sanghyun-ah… it’s ok. You don’t have to worry. I was just clumsy…

Sanghyun: did those damn bullies did this to you again?!

Dara: s-Sanghyun-ah…

Sanghyun: noona! Tell me the truth!

 

Jiyong went out of the car when he noticed that Sanghyun was starting to freak out.

 

Jiyong: don’t worry, I took care of it.

Sanghyun: what happened to her?

Jiyong: someone threw a rock to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter