It all adds up

Hyung's Yeobo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Author’s POV

 

After the warm winter break, everyone went back to their lives.

 

Hyunsuk and Ji young went back to being the lovely owners of their respective businesses.

 

Jiyong and Dara became closer than ever. They didn’t even notice that Seunghyun was starting to get out of the scene.

 

Seunghyun and Bom grew closer as time passed by.

 

Bom has been feeling really down since she was the one who told Seunghyun about what’s wrong with his mother.

 

Meanwhile Seunghyun has been pondering about his mother’s condition. Not only that, but he has been spacing out a lot lately that it has started to affect his work.

 

Hyunsuk: Seunghyun? Are you even listening?

Seunghyun: ah… Muo?

Hyunsuk: you’ve been spacing out a lot lately. Is there anything bothering you?

 

Seunghyun bit hit lower lip as he looked away. Now that they’re back from their vacation, he can’t help but think about his mother. Especially since Bom talked to him about it.

 

[Flashback]

Bom: Seunghyun-oppa… Are you planning to visit Jinsil-Omma when we go back?

Seunghyun: (looks away) I don’t think I need to see her.

Bom: why not? Surely, she would like to see you.

Seunghyun: Bom-ah… I know you and her are close but I don’t like being lied to. It’s bad enough that they abandoned us and now she lies to me. How can I even face her when I know that I might be hearing lies again?

Bom: Oppa… Can’t you at least give her another chance? I’m sure Jinsil-Omma has a reason why she didn’t tell you the truth.

Seunghyun: and what kind of reason?

Bom: I don’t know. But isn’t it your job to know what her reason it?

Seunghyun: And why is that?

Bom: because she’s your mother. Whether you deny it or not, you still came from her. You owe her your life, isn’t it fair that you give her a chance? Even if it mean that you have to give her a million or a billion chances, she deserves it for bringing you into this world

[End of Flashback]

 

Seunghyun: I’m sorry uncle. I just… I think I need a rest.

Hyunsuk: (sighs) alright. Go home and have a rest.

Seunghyun: (stands and bows) Kamsahamnida.

 

Just when Seunghyun was already holding the door knob of their office…

 

Hyunsuk: Seunghyun-ah… I may not know what’s bothering you. But let me just tell you one thing… Challenges will always be thrown at you… The only think you gotta do is accept it and learn from it. Don’t try to push it away because it will only bring you down. Learn, don’t regret.

 

Seunghyun looked at their uncle with amazement evident in his eyes. Seunghyun thought that maybe their uncle knew but he couldn’t even get mad at his uncle for not telling. It was Seunghyun’s decision to walk away from their parent’s life so he knows that his uncle is just respecting his decision.

 

Seunghyun: I understand uncle… thank you.

 

Seunghyun bowed before leaving the office.

 

Hyunsuk just sighed as he clasped his hands together. He sighed, knowing that Seunghyun now knows the truth about his mother.

 

Seunghyun’s POV

 

I tapped my steering wheel as I looked at the hospital entrance.

 

Why am I even here? When did I even decide to visit her?

 

I think I should start distancing myself from Bom because I’m sure she’s contagious.

 

I leaned my head on the seat’s head rest.

 

What am I supposed to do? Barge in there and be a caring son?

 

How can I possibly do that? Do I even have the will to do it?

 

Damn…

 

As I sank into my thoughts, someone knocked on my car’s window. I immediately darted my eyes to my side and I saw Bom smiling at me merrily.

 

 I sighed heavily as I pressed the window down.

 

Seunghyun: what do you want now?

Bom: nothing.

Seunghyun: then why are you here?

Bom: shouldn’t I be asking you that question?

 

I was tongue-tied. I didn’t know what to answer her. Was it because I didn’t want her to know that I was here for my mother?

 

But why should I be afraid of telling her?

 

Bom: you do know that Jinsil-Omma was taken home this morning because Sang woo-appa wanted her to get treated at home?

Seunghyun: mm… I was here because… I wanted to see our uncle.

Bom: uncle?

Seunghyun: I have an uncle working here. So I came to visit.

Bom: Omo… is there something wrong?

Seunghyun: nothing. But now that I saw you I think I’m going to be sick!

Bom: Seunghyun-oppa!

Seunghyun: can you quit calling me oppa now? It’s getting kinda weird. I mean… are you really younger than me?

 

This time it’s her turn to be tongue-tied. I smirke

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter