Together Again

High School Life With A Jerk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

                “Yah! Minhee!” Jinri nudged her softly by the elbow. They were standing in front of Minhee's homeroom assignment. The latter's face seems gloomy. Obviously, she wasn't happy at all. “What’s with the face? Cheer up girl! This is your long awaited day! You’re not classmates with Myungsoo anymore!”

                “Yeah, I know. But how am I supposed to be happy knowing that when we’re not together anymore?” She said as she looked at Jinri searching for her eyes.
                “Aish! It’s not like we’re going to be apart, as in far in distance. We’re not classmates anymore but it doesn’t mean that we’re not going to see each other. We’re still school mates you know! And we can still catch sight of each other every break.”

                “But it’s still different when we’re together in one class.” She complained. “And I have no friend there.”
                “Nah!” Jinri waved the matter away. “Don’t say that. You’re just not friends with them yet.” she emphasized. “Who knows? Maybe, in no time, sooner or later, you’re already friends with them. if ever, close friends.” She encouraged her with all her might.

                “Well... you have a point. That's possible but, how about you?” Minhee asked. She was concerned about Jinri too. She was her best friend and they stick so close together. She was feeling a bit sad for leaving her on that same old class.

                “You know what, don’t worry about me. I'll be okay. It’s not like I don’t have any friends other than you. Jaena, Aera and Reya are still there.” She said to her with a reassuring smile.

                “Are you sure?”
                Jinri smiled. “Yeah! Of course! So go now! Go to your class already! Classes will start any minute from now.”

                “Hey!” A girl from behind suddenly poked her shoulder. Minhee looked over to see who it was. The girl had a broad smile on her face. “I heard we are on the same class!”

                 “Oh! Aera! It’s nice to see you again! I missed you!” Minhee hugged her. Aera is her close friend as well. Minhee, Jinri, Aera, Jaena and Reya were actually colleagues. They were already friends since the beginning of high school. They were always together.
                “Oh wait, what are you talking about? You mean...” Minhee curiously asked her.
                "Well, we're classmates again this year!"
                Minhee enlightened at that. Out of the blue, she smiled broadly. “Really? You’re not joking?”

                Jinri shook her head in amusement. She cannot believe how her friend changed moods as fast as that.

                Aera chuckled. “Yeah girl, that's right.”

                “KYAAA!!!!!” Minhee squealed. She was now happy that there’s this friend of her who were classmates with her again. At least, she wasn’t alone anymore. But who says that she’s alone? She was just going to be in the other class section and she already considered that she was solitary? The heck!

                “Yah! Why are you acting like that? You’re so weird you know!” Aera said with a smile but confuse at the same time.

                “Don’t mind her. She was just being bipolar.” Jinri said as she eyed Minhee. She was trying to mock her.

                “Hey! I’m not! I’m just really happy that I’m not alone anymore!” Minhee protested. She pouted like a little girl. Yeah, she’s really weird right?

                Aera raised an eyebrow. “And why are you so happy about that? Alone? What are you talking about?”
                Jinri sighed. “Well, she was so sad earlier. She was sad because she was alone in that class. She said that she has no friend there. And she’s worrying about me.”
                “Why?”
                 “Oh well, because of a certain reason that we’re not going to be together in one class anymore. It’s not too reasonable right?”
                “Yeah right… I think that reason was just too lame” Aera said with a teasing smile as she eyed Minhee.

“Oh! Anyway, it’s good that you two were still going to be classmates. Looks like we; Jaena, Reya and I were really left behind…” Jinri joked as she sheepishly laughs.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter