Coincidental Meeting

High School Life With A Jerk
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

               “Minhee… C’mon, tell me! How’s your first week together with ‘the great Kim Myungsoo’ huh? Just tell me! Pretty please~” Jinri said in a singsongy tone, emphasizing the title she purposely made to make fun of her best friend.

               It has been a week already since the classes have started. Now it’s weekend, about time to laze around once again. Seeming that their teachers haven’t given them home works to do yet, Jinri and Minhee decided to hang out. The two of them went to a mall and had some shopping.

               Minhee automatically frowned hearing that same question again. Jinri has been pestering her every now and then.

She shot Jinri a kind of pissed off look. “Please, just stop asking, okay?! I don’t want to hear any more of his name or anything. I do not want to talk about him. He’s not worth of my time in a simpler sense.”

               Jinri couldn’t help but laugh a little at her best friend’s cute reaction. Well, she did found it cute.

               “What’s so funny?!” Minhee raised an eyebrow. Jinri is surely being a weirdo, she thought. There’s nothing to actually laugh about. It’s not like she just cracked a joke in which her best friend found hilarious.

               For Pete’s sake, she really hates the guy. She hates every inch of him. And that’s clear as the day. So what’s so funny about it? Or what part, at least, of what she said was actually humoristic?

               To think about the guy in subject, what good does it do him anyway for bothering her day in and out? It’s just nonsense at all, she thought. If seeing her suffering is his greatest delight then that’s absolutely preposterous.

               “Nothing. It’s just that, your face is priceless! I mean, I found your reaction cute.” Jinri said chortling.

               “Really? Cute?” Minhee could gag the word out of . That was unexpected though. “Oh shoot it!” Minhee rolled her eyes. “I’m sure as heck it’s not even a bit of that term you say cute. Not at all! So please. Just please. You know pretty well that I hate that guy to the utmost extent of my emotion and sense. I think he should get lost from the surface of the world and never see his face ever again!”

               “Hey, chill! You’re not supposed to overreact, you know?” Jinri said in a mock tone.

               “What! Of course I’m not overreacting!” she sulked crossing her arms over her chest.

               “Yes, you are!”

               “Okay, that’s it.” Minhee raised her hands as if in surrender. “If you don’t stop this instant, I swear I won’t walk you back home. I’ll leave you all alone here and let those erts loitering around do that for you.”

               Minhee always sends her home every time they hang out. Their house is just two streets away from each other, not much of a big deal though.

               Well, it’s a guy’s job to send the girl home but what harm is there is if they make a bit difference anyway?

               Jinri is like a little girl who can’t go home all by herself. She’s used to having someone walk her home every time she goes out. And she’s a little scared at the thought of something bad might happen to her. The girl has this kind of anxiety illness issue, but not to a great extent. In a simpler explanation, in a music volume, it’s about level one to two out of ten. And she knows her best friend like the back of her hand. Minhee wouldn’t do that, ever.

               “Awww! But I know really well that you wouldn’t do that. You love me! You can’t resist me.” Jinri said in a manner that shows like she’s way too proud of that one fact that she’s very sure of.

               Minhee glared but more like a what will I do with you look. “Well, that’s true. Wouldn’t deny that. But I will if I really have to.” she shrugged after.

               Jinri grinned. “But you wouldn’t. There wouldn’t be a reason for you to do that. I can assure that.” She winked playfully. “Just remember how much you love me.”

               “Actually, it’s the opposite.” Minhee quickly retorted. She tried her best to show a nonchalant façade as much as possible.

               Jinri’s happy face turned into a pouting one. She elbowed her. “Hey! That’s mean!” Jinri said and Minhee let out a soft laugh.

               “Well, aren’t you cute now?” She said as she pinched Jinri’s irresistible cute cheeks.

               “Ow! That’s hurts!” The girl swatted Minhee’s hands and rubs her cheeks with a pouting lip “And yes, of course! I know I’m cute! See? You said it yourself too!” Jinri said as she stuck ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter