The Fall of a Princess...Side A

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

Golf didn't know what happened after he watched Niddie run out of the cafeteria but regardless, he felt like . He quickly got up, pushing Kwan from him and followed her out but lost her. He walked by the glass doors that lead to the balcony and saw Min and Niddie hugging. He couldn't believe his eyes. She was already getting comfort from someone else? Golf stormed off. This wasn't over yet. Not by a long shot. Niddie pulled away from Min and noticed a huge tear stain on his shirt.

"Oh gosh I'm so sorry!" She said and tried to wipe it dry. He laughed.

"It's ok, anything for a friend."

Niddie sighed. "Is that how it will always be for me? Am I forever destined to be the girl that is only a friend to guys?" She wondered outloud.

Min patted her shoulder. "The right guy will come along eventually. But wait. When did you start having interest in guys?"

"Shut up. I've always had crushes. Just never acted on them." Niddie explained.

"Really so did you have a crush on me?" Min asked wagging his eyebrows at her.

"Uh, that's a negatory on that one captain. You're like my older brother. Thats just gross.."

"Hmm. You have a point. Feeling better now?" He asked. Niddie nodded and smiled. "Good let's go back I know you're hungry."

"No...I'm fine. I brought my lunch. I was just going to buy a drink." Niddie lied. Going back in there and buying lunch in front of Golf and Kwan just didn't seem like a smart thing to do right now. The day dragged on but once it was over Niddie was just glad. Min offered her a ride home and she gladly accepted.

During dinner her parents chatted about the Nitipaisalkul's party tomorrow night. Pat decided to go shopping during the day for a dress for her and Niddie. "Is it ok if I don't go?" Niddie asked suddenly.

"What? Why honey? Are you sick?" Her mom asked.

"No...I'm fine. I just don't feel like going anymore."

"Niddie is there something you want to talk to us about?" Her father asked, giving her a concerned look.

"Everything is fine. Why?"

"Well you've barely eaten anything and you wouldn't back out of anything last minute unless you were sick."

"Loong and Paa might be disappointed if you don't show up." Her mom added in. It's not that Niddie didn't want to go. She just didn't want to see Golf and Kwan. What the hell, it's suppose to be a big party what are the chances of her running into them?

"Yeah you're right. I'm sorry. Well I think I'm going to go to bed since we have a busy day tomorrow. Night mom and dad." Niddie said getting up and leaving. Her parents watched her and then looked at each other, they both had concered looks on their faces.

They turned to Pim, "Is she ok?" Vit asked.

"Teenage girls. You know how it is sir," she covered up.

He nodded and let it go, if Niddie had a real problem she would talk to him about it.

The next morning Pim woke Niddie up bright and early for the shopping trip. Her mom, Pim, and Niddie went to one of the most expensive malls in Bangkok to shop. Niddie didn't understand her mom's fascination with shopping but hey different different folks. They shopped all morning and every dress that Niddie tried on didn't fit her at all. She couldn't get any of them to zip up past her over developed s. "Mom. you've cursed me as a woman." Niddie said as she tried to squeeze them into a dress.

Her mom laughed. "Most girls find those a blessing not a curse."

"Yeah well most girls are about the size of a needle..." Niddie gave up and took the dress off. "It's not going to work mom...see no dress, sooo no party. Tell Loong and Paa I'm so sorry I couldn't make it."

"Niddie is there something wrong?" Her mom asked suddenly. Niddie shook her head no. "You know I'm your mother...and you know you're a horrible liar."

Niddie turned and looked at her mom. "I'm just confused about life mom. Being a girl is hard."

Her mom laughed. "Is there anything in particular you'd like to discuss? You seem to forget I was once a girl myself.."

Niddie smiled, "Nope. Unless you can answer the question of why boys are such losers and so confusing."

"BOY?!" Her mom asked excitedly. Niddie closed her eyes, she didn't want her mom to know that her problems were about a boy. That would make Niddie a normal girl..and she didn't want that. "TELL ME NIDDIE!! I want to know EVERYTHING!"

She turned to her mom, "There's really nothing to tell. I think I like this boy but he has this perfect girlfriend and I can't compete...not only that but he only sees me as a friend. Even though he kissed me..." [DAMN!] Niddie knew it was too late, she already spilled it.

"Someone kissed my baby!! OMG! I'M SOO HAPPY!!" Pat squealed and hugged Niddie. Niddie looked at Pim for helped, she only shrugged and giggled.

Niddie pushed her mom off gently. "Mom stop it, it makes me feel like a social loser...who's fat."

"All I can tell you is that if you really like him don't give up...what's the worse that could happen?"

"A broken heart for one thing...not only that but he already has the perfect girlfriend. Why should I even bother?"

"Have you asked him? When will I get to meet him?"

"No i haven't asked him and I doubt you ever will..." Niddie looked at her mom, her face had disappointment written all over it. "I mean...at least not until I figure out what his real feelings are...ok?" Her mom smiled again and nodded.

"Well now that we figured that out for now...I know one more store that we could go to and I have a feeling you will definitely find your dress in there." The next store that they went to was one of Pat's good friends boutique, P'Dang, he was becoming quite the local favorite this season and he always had something different, fun, y, and sassy in store for people of all shapes, colors, and all that.

The second that they walked into the store Pat was welcomed by a very flamboyant, yet handsome man. "P'Pat!! I'm soo glad you finally came to see me! I was starting to get worried that you forgot about me!"

"Never! I've just been soo busy P'Dang! But today I'm on a mission to find my daughter Niddie a dress for a dinner party tonight.' Pat said.

P'Dang turned and looked at Pim. "TOOH UHHYYYY! Is this little Niddie?! She's grown up beautifully! You've done well Pat!" He said while twirling Pim around and giving her a once over.

Please log in to read the full chapter