That Explains A Lot

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

Niddie arrived back at the house and walked in, slamming the door. "YAH! YOU PIGHEADED IDIOT! I'M SO SICK AND TIRED OF YOU!" She yelled in the foyer.

Emi quickly came out of the living room to see what was going on. She stared at Niddie who stared back at her, her nose flaring in anger.
"Are you...ok?" Emi asked trying to surpress a giggle.

"No...I hate that man. I can't believe I'm going along with marrying that idiot...it's going to be the death of me."

Emi walked over to her and placed an arm around her shoulders. "You silly girl. Hey we have a guest is Kon not with you?"

"I wouldn't know, he's on a date with Kulap." She said with no emotion.

"Well, here is your first task as mafia wife. Go and keep them company."

"But I don't know what to say...or do!? I know NOTHING about that world...I could totally get my killed."

"Don't worry she's looking for a job and she comes highly recommended."

"Yes to kill me."

Emi rolled her eyes, "Just do it."

"Fiiine." Niddie said begrudgingly and walked into the living room. Emi just shook her head and went to prep some snacks.

Niddie walked into the living room and was shocked to see a beautiful gorgeous girl sitting on the sofa. She had expected to see a huge burly guy with a bald head and tattoos covering his body...shows how much she knew about this world. "Hi?" Niddie called out to her. The young woman turned to her and Niddie almost closed her eyes, her face was amazing...she was almost blinded by her beauty.

"Hi." She said easily, a smile stretching across her face.

"I'm Niddie."

"Nice to meet you, I'm YunHee. I'm looking for Kon Niran please?"

"Oh that idi--that man is still out, is there anything else I can help you with?" [Another one of Kon's girlfriend?]

"I'm sorry who are you?"

"The one fated to marry that imbe--man."

"Oh I am so sorry for my rudeness madam." She said bowing to Niddie.

"You don't have to do that...I don't plan on getting involved in this part of his life..[or any othe part if I can help it...]. But maybe there is someone else I can direct you to?"

"Yes possibly. I'm looking for a job, I want to join his bodyguard team."

"WOOOOW!!! I KNEW SOMETHING WAS DIFFERENT ABOUT YOU." Niddie said like an overexcited kid. She walked over to YunHee and gave her a once over. "A female bodyguard...wow. AMAZING!"

YunHee smiled, she was definitely different from other mafia wives to be. She was like a curious little kid...and Yunhee found that kind of cute. It was different.

"Actually does someone name Mike work here?" She noticed a look of pain flash across her face, but maybe she imagined it.

"Yes...would you like me to get him for you?"

"Please? We're old friends and we came from the same training school. I'd love to see him again."

Niddie nodded, "Ok I'll be right back."

She easily found Mike in the backyard standing with Bohm. "Mike?" She called to him.

He turned around, "Yes ma'am?"

She cringed at the word. "You have a guest in the living room. Yunhee?" Mike's face changed but she couldn't figure out what the emotion was. He quickly walked by her and into the house, she followed him. When he walked into the living room she heard Yunhee squeal with delight.

"Mike!"

Niddie watched as Yunhee jumped into his arms and plant a huge kiss...on his lips. She watched as his arms wrapped around her waist.

"Oh..." Niddie said quietly and walked away from the living room, rejected and now feeling lower than scum.

Emi came out of the kitchen to see what the squeal was, she watched Niddie as she walked up the stairs, her head bent. She was emitting a ton of sad aura. Emi curiously went to the living room, where she found Mike kissing the new girl. She rolled her eyes and cleared . Mike pushed away from Yunhee, who acted as if nothing was wrong.

"Dinner will be served soon and Mr. Niran is on his way home. Ms. Niddie will probably not be joining you for dinner tonight though, she seemed a bit under the weather." Emi said. Mike cringed at Niddie's name. Emi glared at him and stalked back to the kitchen.

Niddie sat in her room looking out the window. That seemed to be the only place that she could think. "No wonder he's been acting weird lately...makes sense. She's gorgeous. How can I compete...so long as he is happy...I'm happy." She nodded her head to herself. "She fits into his life perfectly...she has the same background as he does. It's only fitting." Niddie sighed. Niddie stayed in room for the rest of the day until dinner.

Emi came in, "Hey you..Kon wants you to go out to dinner with him, Mike, and Yunhee. I told him you were feeling a little sick..."

"No...it's ok. I should go. Maybe the more I see them together and how happy Mike is...I'll be able to let go."

"Are you sure?" Emi asked worriedly, confused as to where she was suddenly getting all this strength from.

"I have to be. I'm tired of being the one who has to be protected...it's time I try to do things on my own too. I can't be a weak wife of a powerful mafia. That would make Kon look terrible."

Emi wasn't sure what to

Please log in to read the full chapter