A Weekend Getaway

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The week went by quickly. Mike was still avoiding Niddie and since he was, she stayed at home all week. Emi tried to keep her company and cheer her up about Mike but it was no use. She felt bad for Niddie because Niddie felt like everything was her fault...and it wasn't.

Finally Friday morning rolled around. Emi came and to pack Niddie's bag for her. She pulled a suitcase out and started going through Niddie's closet for things.

"What are you doing?" Niddie asked curiously.

"I'm packing for you silly goose."

"Emi, I'm a grown woman, I think I know how to pack my own things." Niddie said walking over to Emi and dragging the suitcase away from her.

"DROP IT!" Emi yelled playfully and pointed at Niddie. Niddie quickly dropped the suitcase that made a loud thump on the floor. Emi sighed, "Niddie, I'm your assistant. This is what I'm suppose to do. So just let me do my job without any problems from you today...huh?" She grinned.

"But Emi, I've had a personal assistant before and I didn't make her pack my suitcase...or do have the things that you do for me...maybe even more."

"Yeah well this is your new life now. You're going to have to get used to it." Emi said. Niddie stared at her as if something inside her head just clicked.

"My new life? You don't think I'm ever going back to my parents?" Niddie asked.

"I...I didn't mean it like that. It's just...what Kon wants...he always get. I thought you would've figure that out by now Niddie. Your chance of leaving here without marrying him is pretty slim."

Niddie just nodded and went to the bathroom to wash up. Emi watched her disappear in the bathroom, feeling bad for telling her that. Sometimes the truth should be said, but it should be said at the right time. "I hope I didn't ruin the trip for her...who am I kidding? She doesn't want to be here with us. She just wants to be home with her family."

Once she was done getting ready, Emi and Niddie walked downstairs. Niddie tried to carry her bag down by herself but Emi wouldn't let her.

"You're going to turn me into a prissy little brat." Niddie claimed.

Emi laughed, "Good it will make my job less complicated!" She retorted. Niddie stuck her tongue at her and Emi laughed again.

They got out to the car port where Kon, Mike, and Bohm were waiting. It was weird to see everyone dressed so casually. Most of the time Bohm and Mike would be in their all black suit and tie. Emi would be wearing the uniform that the house attendents wore, and Kon would be GQ'd out. But today, all the guys wore simple shirts and jeans. Everyone looked so normal. Emi was wearing jeans and a cute top. Niddie looked down at herself, she was wearing a cute summer dress, that Emi picked out for her. She made a mental note to only wear jeans this weekend as well. Bohm took Niddie's things from Emi and they shared cute little smiles with each other. Niddie grinned, when she saw Kon staring at her she wiped her smile away.

Kon put an arm around her, Niddie looked at his arm in disgust. "Ready for a preview of our wedding night my dear?" He kissed her cheek and she rolled her eyes. Just as they were about to get into the car, Kon's cellphone rang. "Excuse me I need to answer this." He said and walked away.

Niddie climbed into the van and waited, while everyone else waited outside. A few moments later Kon walked back outside and he looked angry. He looked at Niddie who was sitting inside the van staring at him. "Sorry my love, but I'm going to have to let you go on ahead without me. A business meeting has come up and I need to be there. But I'll meet you guys at the resort. Don't miss me too much." He grinned. His cute grin made Niddie's heart flutter...a bit.

Niddie looked at him and gave him a sharp nod. She watched as Kon started talking with Bohm and Mike.

"Do you need us to come with you?" Bohm asked.

Kon shook his head no, "I don't think it's as serious as the fool is making it. His fault for sleeping with the enemy's wife. This is small time stuff, it shouldn't take long. Especially if I go. I can take the rest of the other guys. I need you guys to watch her for me." He said referring to Niddie. "You guys take the other car, I'll need the van for tonight. Keep your cell phones on and I'll let you guys know when I'm on my way." The two younger men nodded and started packing th

Please log in to read the full chapter