Meeting Kon's Parents

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

Niddie woke up and rolled around in bed, she bumped into something soft. "Oh crap. PLEASE DON'T TELL ME I GOT INTO BED WITH MIKE!" She said to herself, she slowly opened her eyes, half-expecting to see a gorgeous man next to her. Her heart dropped, she did wake up to a gorgeous man but not the one she wanted to. She quickly moved away from Kon, "How did I get here?" She asked.

Kon looked at her, "I brought you here, I found you sleeping on a chair in Mike's room."

"Why didn't you just take me to my room?"

"It was too far, I was tired...you're heavy. Coming to my room seemed to be the best option." Kon sat up and leaned his back against the headboard of the bed, "What were you doing in Mike's room last night?"

"Watching over him, can I not?"

"That is not your job." Kon said firmly.

"No it isn't, but unlike most people around here I actually care about what happens to the people in the house. He's my bodyguard, you assigned him to me. He came home hurt. I wanted to make sure he would be alright. Is that a crime?" Niddie asked getting annoyed that Kon would think she was an uncaring brat.

"If I came home hurt would you sit next to my bed all night long?" Kon asked not looking at her.

"Yes, because although I don't like you, you've taken care of me so far. It's the least I can do." she said.

Niddie moved to get out of bed, but Kon grabbed her and pulled her close to him, holding her tightly. Niddie froze, fear running through her body. She didn't know what it was but being close to Kon scared her. She closed her eyes tightly and laid next to him frozen, "Let me go please." She said quietly.

"Why? You spent the night in my bed, we're going to be married, why should I let you go?" Kon whispered in her ear. She didn't answer him, Kon could feel her muscles straining from being so tensed up. He sighed and let go of her. He got out of bed, "You should go get ready, my parents want us to go to their house for lunch." he informed her and went to the bathroom.

Once she heard him close and lock his bathroom door she quickly got up and bolted from his room. Kon opened the bathroom door when he heard his bedroom door slam shut, "Is it that bad to just give me a chance?" He asked quietly. He didn't understand, this girl got on his nerves and she annoyed him to no end. She couldn't be broken no matter how nice nor how mean he treated her. She was the total opposite of Kulap, yet he wanted her so badly...and she wanted nothing to do with him. He wanted revenge on her father but now he wanted her to want him.

------
Niddie ran down the hall, but before she went to her room she went and peeked in on Mike. She could still see him laying on the bed, she walked in quietly. She looked at his IV and noticed that someone had already changed the drip.

He opened one eye at her, "What?"

"Nothing," she said innocently, "Just wanted to make sure you weren't dead..." she said and turned around to leave the room.

"Thank you for staying with me last night."

She turned around and smiled at him but then her smile faded.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"Kon came home...I slept in his bed last night," she admitted.

"Did you..." Mike couldn't force himself to ask the whole question.

"NOO!" She yelled, she cleared , "No." She said again but quieter. Mike nodded, she walked back over to the bed and grabbed his pinky finger with hers. They looked at each other longingly. "I'm going to lunch with Kon and his parents...so I can't take care of you today. Be good?" She asked her smile returning.

He nodded and gave her a small smile. She let go of his pinky and left the room. Mike covered his face with his arm. "What am I doing?? I could get us both killed for this! Is it really worth it!? Should I just end it now before we get in too deep?" Mike thought to himself. He sighed and just laid there, not like he could do anything else.

Once Niddie was done getting ready, she went and sat in the living room while she waited for Kon. He came down the stairs in a crisp white shirt and dark grey slacks. Niddie stood up and Kon looked at her, she wore a cute yellow sundress with a teal cardigan. "You look nice." He said.

"Thank you." She said quietly not giving him any eye contact. He held out his hand to her, she looked down at it...not sure if she should take it or not. She slowly placed her hands in his, not really making an effort to hold it. They walked out to the car and he helped her inside.

The ride to his parents house took an hour. Niddie kept her eyes closed and pretended to sleep, so that she didn't have to look or talk to Kon. Kon would take sideways glances at her, at one point during the ride he reached over and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. When they arrived at the house Kon gently shook Niddie awake. She opened her eyes and looked around, through the window she could see a huge house sprawled out in front of her.

"Wow." She got out of the car and the house seemed bigger once she looked at it fully. "The benefits of being in the mafia I suppose." She said to herself and followed Kon into the house.

His parents were already standing at the door waiting for them.

"Ahh Kon, Niddie! I'm so happy you came!" His mom said, coming up to both of them and hugging them.

Niddie took another look at Kon's mom, she was a petite lady with long hair. She had a great complexion and looked really young. His dad too had a young look about him, he did have some grey hair showing, but it gave him more of a mature look. He was tall like Kon but his features were softer and he didn't seem as evil as Kon. How two

Please log in to read the full chapter