Complicated.

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next day Niddie was up and out of the house early. Emi cleaned up Niddie's room and went downstairs, surprised to find Kon having breakfast by himself.

"Where is Niddie?" She asked a little worried.

"She went to visit her parents and Golf's mom." Kon said looking at her, he looked a little different to Emi...almost happy. "She'll be gone for 2 days."

"Oh...did Mike go with her?"

Kon shook his head no, "No point. It only makes things tense. Bohm took her there but he'll be back. She'll be with her old assistant."

Emi nodded and cleaned up the plates that were meant for Niddie.

Niddie ran inside her house and tackled Pim to the ground. The girls laughed and cried at the same time. "NIDDIE I'VE MISSED YOU SOO MUCH!!" Pim squealed.

"YOU!? WHAT ABOUT ME?! AT LEAST YOU GET TO BE HERE AT HOME!"

They cried for a good 10 minutes before they got up from off the floor so that they could walk to her old room. Pim had informed her that her parents had left early to go to a meeting with Min and his parents. Niddie tried to get Pim to tell her what the meeting was about but Pim said she honestly didn't know what it was about either. They both laid in Niddie's bed, not really saying anything but just enjoying each other's presence.

"Are you hungry?" Pim asked.

"No...I just want to lay here."

Pim's lips tightened, she could tell that Niddie wasn't well physically, emotionally, and mentally. "You look like you should gain back a good couple of pounds."

"Yahh...first before I married Golf people told me I needed to lose some...now it's gain some? This world is too demanding."

"I think you were at your most gorgeous when you were with Golf." Pim said quietly.

The words stung Niddie's heart, she reached over and grabbed Pim's hand in hers. Pim squeezed it and they both fell asleep on the bed. Just happy to be near familiarity once again. When Niddie woke up Pim wasn't next to her and it was already late afternoon. She heard a lot of talking downstairs and quickly got up and ran downstairs. She saw a familiar large frame standing at the bottom of the stairs. She quickly ran downstairs and jumped towards the unsuspecting back. Her arms slipped around his neck.

"Daddy!" she squealed. She heard her dad laugh his familiar deep laugh. She got off his back and quickly went to find her mom. Her mom was in the kitchen, when she walked in they just stared at each other. Her mom quickly made her way over to her and hugged Niddie with so much force. That night dinner was as if nothing ever happened. It was like the time before she even met Golf. She told her parents to no worry anymore and that she was going to abide by Kon's rules. She didn't want anyone else to hurt or suffer. Her parents looked at her, faces streaked with grief. Somehow dinner still ended on a high note, they stayed up and watched a movie together and then Niddie went to her room to go bed.

As she got ready her mother walked in.

"Niddie?"

"Yeah mom?"

"Are you really ok with this? I mean marrying Kon..."

Niddie looked at her and gave her a small smile, "I have to be. It will be easier this way."

"But it doesn't HAVE to be this way...to be honest...we were meeting with Min and his parents. They're willing for you to marry Min."

"No!" Niddie said loudly.

Her mom flinched, "Why?! It's the best choice!"

Niddie sighed and rubbed her temples, "Mom...we CAN'T involve any more people. This is going too far...and I can't marry someone I don't love."

"But you don't love Kon...do you?"

"Not like that...I can't marry my best friend...when I love someone else."

"But honey...Golf is gone...you have to understand that. You look horrible...you can't let his death affect you anymore."

"Mom...it's not Golf...I mean it is...but there's someone else."

"Someone else?"

Niddie turned to her mom and smiled, "Yeah...Kon's bodyguard."

Her mom gave her a confused look, "You mean that girly gorgeous one?"

Niddie nodded.

"How did that happen?"

"Well when you see someone who is supposed to protect you night and day and less of the one that put him there...how can you not? He kind of helped me move past Golf's death...and he's willing to be patient with me with Golf's love. The only problem is that...he's Kon's bodyguard...and he just dumped me. Relationships ." Niddie sighed and laid back on her bed. Her mom came up next to her and smoothed her hair.

"But Min is willing to do this...he's the one that came up with his parents to talk about the marriage. He said that he had promised Golf to protect you and he'll do all that he can."

"And I appreciate that...but Mike...." she sighed, "I don't know what I'm trying to say anymore..."

Her mom just nodded, "Not even 21 yet and you've gone through a lifetime of suffering. Sleep well tonight my darling daughter. I'm glad you're here tonight...safe." She kissed her daugther's forehead as her eyes fluttered shut. Pat left the room and went to go fi

Please log in to read the full chapter