Mission...Failed?

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning Mike stuck with Dragon and learned some of the ropes. Although it didn't really matter, tomorrow he'd get the disk that Kon needed and then he'd disappear from here. The scenerio was already written out. Now it was all about the execution. Following Dragon around, Mike quickly learned that Dragon was the underdog in the group. He fought his hardest to get to the top, but the other guys always edged him out. Mike felt bad for the guy, he really loved this job but he really wasn't cut out for it. His skills were mediocre and he was too much of a goofball to be serious. Mike shook his head, this guy reminded him so much of someone, but he wasn't sure who. During their training session, Mike and Dragon stood outside with their group, today they would be working on a lot of cardio exercises.

As Mike stretched out, Yun Hee came over. "Hey Mike."

"Hey...Boss." Mike said, he couldn't call her anything else she was his boss, even if they have known each other for a long time.

"Boss? Please, call me Yun Hee."

"I can't, you're the Boss, I shouldn't get any kind of different treatment just because we know each other. You know that." Mike said as he kept stretching, not looking at her.

Yun Hee's face fell, "Yeah...well I guess whatever I say goes. So today we're sparring. If I win we're going on a date. If you win, you get a date with me."

"I don't see how that is winning and also I don't think that is allowed." Mike said.

"Please, you said it I'm the Boss. I do what I want. So suit up monkey boy. I'm about to whoop your ." Yun Hee said and walked away from him grinning.

"So...were you dreaming about Boss last night?" Dragon said coming up to him, "You and Boss must've had something together in the past eh? She's never this friendly with anyone."

"No I wasn't dreaming about her and second, there's nothing between us. She just wants to spar with me."

"Prove it." Dragon said staring Mike down.

"Prove it? How?"

"A picture of your girlfriend...something." Mike rolled his eyes and started to walk away from Dragon. "See I knew it. It is Boss!" Dragon yelled after him.

"38D!!" Mike yelled back, still walking away.

"38D...what the hell is that?" Dragon said pondering to himself. He watched Mike walk up to Yun Hee and he looked at her chest. "38D..." Dragon tried to measure it with his hands away from his chest. He looked down..."Wow...maybe it wasn't Boss after all. Lucky bastard." Dragon said shaking his head and ran over to watch the match.

------
They stood apart from each other. Mike looked at her and grinned. That grin that made her fall in love with him the first time he smiled at her like that. It was also their very first sparring match together. She smiled back at Mike, "Don't take it easy on me now. I may be a girl. But I've kicked your before."

Mike didn't say anything, but just grinned still, and got into his fighting stance. "Ladies first." He said to her.

"Why thank you." She said and came charging at him. He knew what she was doing, she was either going to fake left or right at the most critical second. To Mike's surprise she went low and between his legs, sliding through them and tripping him. She thought she had him, but unfortunately for her, he had been working on his ground fighting. Using his forearm he chopped her in the back. They both took the moment to get back into a fighting stance."Well I guess you've been training on new techniques."

"Of course, what did you think I'd become a softee? And I guess you finally figured out the element of surprise."

"Don't under estimate me Mike." Yun Hee said smiling.

"Ditto." This time it was Mike's turn to attack. He threw fake punches at her and she tried to sweep at his feet. She charged at him and tried to tackle him, but he grabbed her waist and lifted her upside down. The group that formed around them were cheering for their Boss, but they couldn't help but be amazed that the newbie could hold his own against her. Most of Yun Hee's sparring matches with the other group ended up being a one punch knock out. Before they could both land ending strikes of any kind, they were interrupted. Yun Hee was needed for a conference on a mission for tonight so she had to leave. The group was disappointed, who would've won?

"I guess, it's another draw then?" Yun Hee said gasping for air.

Mike nodded, "Next time...will be the end." He smiled back at her, trying to catch his breath as well. She walked off and Dragon came up to Mike with a bottled water and a towel to dry himself off with.

As they trained, another security came over and called out four of the guys. Mike and Dragon were among them. They followed the guy back into headquarters and into a briefing room. Yun Hee was sitting at the front, already cleaned up and in her black attire.

"Hey guys." She said with authority. She wasn't the Yun Hee that Mike was used to, she was definitely 'boss' now.

"Tonight we're going out. Mike this is your first mission with us. Normally we don't take newbies out but you have a pretty extensive background. You could be of some use to us. We're going out to club Steely, it's pretty famous with the underworld of mafias. We're going to be meeting one of our clients there. Normally we wouldn't take this many people on a simple job, but we've been getting insider information that he's trying to ambush us. He's not a very good client of ours, he's about to lose his own fortune and he thinks that we're too new to this. He's going to try to take us out and take over. I'm not letting that happen. Right?" She asked the four men in front of her.

They nodded in agreement.

"Good. Ok well go suit up, pack up, and here is some more information for you. Take the packet that has your name on it and meet up at the car port in one hour. You're dismissed." She said with a wave of the hand and the guys grabbed their individual packets and left back to their rooms.

"Wow Mike, you must have some bad resume to be able to get out on a mission already." Dragon said.

"Yeah it took me 4 months before I could go on one." The tallest guy out of the group said.

"Really? I went 2 months after I came." The meatier one said.

Mike just shrugged he couldn't really tell them that he is already on a mission and that this mission that they were about to go on was a cover up for Mike's real mission. He just hopes everything goes according to plan. Dragon and Mike retired to their rooms, Dragon began packing but Mike sat on his bed looking through his packet. He carefully pulled everyting out. As he leafed through them, he noticed a page that had one of its corners folded down. He turned to the page and began reading. It was a message from Yun Hee.

"Hi Mike, I guess you already know by now that I'm your inside 'man'. I just wanted to say that it was good seeing you again, I'm a little sad that it was for such a short time, but I'm so happy I got to see you again. I hope we can stay in touch. Anyways, I know about the mission and I just wanted to wish you good luck. I probably won't see you after tonight, but be safe. So here are your set of instructions for tonight

Please log in to read the full chapter