Not This Way...Not Now

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

"!" Mike yelled and quickly ran downstairs. He got down to the beach and she was already waist deep into the water. "STOP NIDDIE!" He yelled again. But she still didn't acknowledge him. He quickly ran into the water with her. He grabbed her.

"LET ME GO!" She screamed, struggling in his arms, the water splashing them both. It was freezing, Mike's body shivered in reaction but he held onto Niddie tightly.

"WHY?!" Mike yelled, anger boiling up inside of him.

"I CAN'T DO THIS ANYMORE!!"

"Do what?!" He yelled back at her.

"I feel like I'm cheating on Golf." She said quietly.

That did it. Mike lost it. He quickly turned her around. "Golf is dead!! Why can't you understand that?! And why just Golf?! What about me?!"

She slapped him across the face and glared at him.

"Fine if you want to die. Go ahead! I'm not stopping you anymore." Mike said, pushing her away from him, and walked away.

Niddie watched him walk away from her. Why did she feel like her heart was breaking? She sank down into the water, it lapped around her. As freezing as the water should be, her body was so numb. This time she didn't stop the tears, she let them come and they shook her body with a force so great, she had to cling to herself to stay still.

Mike went back to the bedroom and tried to sleep but couldn't. He took a seat on the balcony and just watched Niddie. She was still sitting in the water, holding herself. Finally she got up and walked out of the water and just sat on the sand, her knees drawn up to her chest. Mike mentally kicked his own , he was a bit harsh on her. She did watch her husband die in front of her eyes...couldn't he have been more sensitive to her?

The sun rose and Niddie still sat on the beach, Mike still sat on the balcony watching her. He heard Bohm and Emi get up and went out to talk with them.

"Where's Niddie?" Emi asked him.

"Out on the beach."

"This early?" Bohm asked, Mike just nodded...not feeling the need to explain to them what happened last night.

As they sat having breakfast Niddie finally walked into the suite. She walked in and glared at Mike, who didn't even acknowledge her. Emi looked at Niddie and back at Mike. She looked back at Niddie and noticed that she was shivering. Emi got up and walked over to Niddie, "Hey you. Come eat with us." Emi noticed that Niddie was very pale. "Niddie...how long were you on the beach?"

"All night." She said quietly.

Emi gave her a weird look and put her hand against her forehead. "Niddie! You're burning up!"

"What are you talking about..I feel..." before she could finish her sentence Niddie slumped against Emi.

"GUYS!" Emi yelled out. The guys turned around and quickly jumped up when they saw Emi struggling to hold Niddie up.

Mike acted swiftly and walked over to Emi and picked Niddie up with ease. He carried her to the bed and laid her down, stripping her out of her dirty clothes. Emi made Bohm go get some fresh towels and a bowl of water. Mike quickly dressed her in cleaner, dry, warm clothes and stared down at her.

"Stupid woman. You could've at least came back inside instead of sitting out there." He muttered.

"What happened last night Mike?" Emi asked sitting next to him.

Mike sighed, "We...you know...and then afterwards she tried to drown herself."

"DO WHAT?!"

"I know I know. That sounds bad. But I stopped her, she said she felt as if she was cheating on Golf, thats why she tried to do it. But I stopped her. She slapped me when I told her that Golf was dead. I'm such a jackass."

Emi nodded in agreement. Bohm came back and Emi took the towel and dunked it in the bowl and started wiping Niddie down. Mike grabbed her hand, "I'll do it. You guys go do whatever."

"Mike I think I should stay." Emi said.

"No...just go. I...want to stay." Mike said.

Emi looked at him for a second longer and just nodded. She handed the towel over to him and got up. Bohm opened his mouth to say something, but Emi pushed him out of the bedroom.

Mike sat next to the bed waiting for Niddie's fever to break. His hands would periodically run through his black silky hair. He was frustrated with Niddie and mostly with himself. "Maybe we are moving too fast..." he thought to himself. He thought about what she said, 'I feel like I'm cheating on Golf'. He voiced his question from earlier as well, "What about me Niddie? Is there no room in your heart for me either?" He reached out and grabbed her hand, pulling it to his face and caressing it with his cheek.

She tossed and turned in her sleep, when she was still her breathing was short and raspy. Mike kept changing the towel on her forehead and would wipe her down every once in awhile, he placed his head in his hands. His long fingers tapping his head. "How could I be so stupid to let you stay out there all night? What was I trying to prove? Why was I so stubborn?"

"Golf.." Niddie called out in her sleep.

Mike looked at her, "Even after al

Please log in to read the full chapter