Who Are You Really?

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

Nurses and doctors ran in, they moved everyone aside, Mike let go of Vipada's hand the heart monitor beeped like crazy for a couple more seconds, then it slowed down again, going back to it's regular pace.

"What the..." the doctor looked at the monitor.

Everyone watched in shocked silence, what just happened? "Doctor?" Pisat looked at the doctor confused.

"I'm not sure what happened either, that is the most activity that we've had from her since she's been here. Explain to me what happened."

"We were just talking to her individually, letting her know that it's ok if she needed to leave us. She had been fine...up until Niddie and Mike were talking. Then...Mike touched her hand." Pim explained.

The doctor looked at Mike, he had a guilty look on his face but he didn't understand why he had to feel it. He didn't do anything wrong did he?

"Son come here." The doctor motioned for Mike to come over to him. Mike looked at him, stony faced unmoving. Niddie lightly touched his arm, he looked at her, she nodded at him and gave him a reassuring look. A smile that melted everything inside of him. Mike walked over to the doctor, "Do you know Mrs. Nitipaisulkul? Do you have any relation to her?"

"I don't really know her, my only relation to her is that she's my girlfriend's mother-in-law. I was just asking her for permission to date Niddie." Mike answered.

"So you are not related to her at all?"

"No sir."

Everyone looked at Mike to Vipada to Pisat. "You kind of resemble her Mike..." Vit said quietly. Everyone looked from Vipada to Mike, it was true. He had a lot of her feminine features. The high arching eyebrows, straight nose, and angular skinny chin.

"Can't be, my parents passed away when I was younger."

"Any other relatives?" The doctor's asked.

"No...Vipada and I were the only children in our family." Pisat answered, he stared at the young man before him. He did look like his wife...and he also resembled Golf a little.

"I know this is going to sound weird and extremely unprofessional coming from me...but sometimes being humans we keep attachments that are so strong that they can bring us back from the dead. I know I know, it sounds weird. But you'd be surprised of what you see in the medical field, sometimes they really are just miracles." The doctor looked at everyone's blanks stares. He scratched his head and gave them all a wry smile. "Uhmm just watch. Mr. Nitipaisulkul, Niddie, and Mike come here please." The three walked closer to the bed, "Ok now you ma'am."

He looked at Pim, she slowly stepped closer, "Ok observe what happens when she touches Vipada." Pim's hand shakingly moved closer and lightly touched Vipada's, there was a high spike in the heart monitor but nothing else. Pisat went next and the heart monitor again spiked high but for 3 beats this time, then Niddie again 3 spikes.

"Ok now son your turn."

Mike looked uneasily at the lying woman on the bed. Niddie's pinky grabbed his and he found his strength again. His free hand reached out to her's, he slowly grabbed her hand and suddenly the heart monitor went crazy again. Mike quickly dropped her hand.

"For some reason, this boy has some kind of connection with her, that causes Vipada's body reacts this way. Her subconcious reacts to his touch as well as everyone else who are close to her. But his touch...is something else."

"Well what can we do now?" Pisat asked looking at the tall young man who was staring at the ground.

"I don't know. Just have him here. He gives her new life...maybe he can talk to her some. Maybe he'll bring her out of her state."

Niddie felt Mike's pinky tighten, "Excuse me...is it ok if I take Mike outside for a bit?"

"Certainly go ahead."

Niddie nodded and slowly pulled Mike out of the room. Once outside they sat down on a bench. Mike was still staring down at the ground. She took his head in her hands and turned his face to towards her. "Hi...you ok?" She asked smiling at him.

"I don't know."

"You don't have to do it."

<
Please log in to read the full chapter