Operation 'Love' Begins!

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

Niddie woke up the next morning and remembered that she asked her mom to send her pictures. She got up and got ready in heart beat. By the time Emi went to her room to check up on her, Niddie was jumping up and down on the bed.

Emi giggled as she walked in, "You seem happy today."

Niddie shook her head no, "Just thinking."

"About?"

"What do you think about Mike?"

"I don't follow." Emi said looking away from Niddie, she stopped jumping on the bed.

"Liar...you like him don't you?" Niddie pressed.

Emi shook her head, "Noo...why would I? He's like a brother to me. It would be weird to see him as anything but a brother." Niddie stared at her. Emi laughed nervously, "Whaaat?! I'm serious!!"

"Ooo-k. ooook. Sheesh. Just trying to help two people out who are obviously crazy about each other. Well get dressed Emi we're going on an adventure today." Niddie said dropping the subject...for now.

"Where are we going? I don't think you're allowed to leave the house Niddie...not after yesterday."

"Don't WORRRYY. I got this under control. I'm not going to run again...not after everyone else had to go through because I was being selfish." Emi just looked at Niddie uneasily. Niddie sighed and hung her head, "Ok fine. I just want to go to the lockers downtown, I asked my mom to give me some pictures. Is that too bad?" She said looking up at Emi. Emi smiled and shook her head no, it has been awhile since she got to leave the house...why not?

"Ok I'll go change and I'll meet you downstairs." She said to Niddie. Niddie nodded and watched Emi leave, now she had to figure out how to get Mike to take them.

Niddie walked around the house to find him. He was sitting with Bohm and they were playing a game of chess. Niddie walked over to them and cleared .

Bohm looked up, when he realized who it was he quickly stood up, "Hi Ms. Niddie."

She smiled, "Hi, can you just call me Niddie? This whole "Ms." thing is weird." He nodded. "Can I talk to Mike for a minute?"

"Oh yes go right ahead." Bohm said and walked off.

Niddie sat across from Mike and moved one of Bohm's chess pieces. "What do you want?" Mike asked annoyed but moved one of his pieces as well.

"Take me and Emi downtown."

"No, I don't trust you." He said bluntly.

"It's ok. I'm not going to run again I just want to go pick something up from the lockers downtown. BESIDES! It's PERFECT time for you to hit on Emi. C'mon, it's our plan, this is phase one." She said as they kept playing the game.

"I don't know, this doesn't seem right."

"Come ON! What could you lose?"

"My dignity? My life?"

"Ok...well too late checkmate. LET'S GO!" Niddie said getting up and dragging Mike from his chair. Mike looked down at the chessboard and the pieces. He couldn't believe she beat him in simple short moves...and while she was talking a mile a minute. She didn't even look to see what she was doing. That jerk.

They walked into the house where they were greeted by Kon and Emi.

"Where do you think you're going?" Kon asked turning around to face her.

"Downtown." Niddie answered quickly.

He laughed, "What makes you think I'm going to let you go anywhere after what you pulled yesterday."

"Thats why I'm taking Emi with me...and Mike. And if you want you can handcuff me to Emi. I'm not going to run anymore. Not after I see what happens when you go against the mafia."

Kon looked at her, trying to figure out if she was being serious or not. "Well I'm glad you finally understand who has the power in this house." He said grabbing onto her chin and making her look at him. "You are nothing in this house. Do you understand? Worthless." He stared into her dark brown eyes. She stared back at him, she could feel her eyes burning but she refused to let him see her in a weak state of mind. He let go of her chin and kissed her lips.

"Have fun, see you at dinner tonight." He said walking off and whistling.

Niddie stared back at him, wiping her lips with the back of her arm. Mike and Emi stared at her back, then she turned around and flashed them a fake smile. "Ok. Permission granted. On with the field trip." She said and walked out of the door and climbed into the van that was waiting for them.

During the ride d

Please log in to read the full chapter