A New Player to the Game

His Vow vs. His Loyalty
Please log in to read the full chapter

The next morning they packed everything up and made their way back to the house. Niddie sat next to Emi staring out of the window not really thinking. Emi was still hungover and was not enjoying the ride back home. Niddie turned and looked at Emi, her head kept bobbing back and forth. Niddie rolled her eyes, "You're going to get motion sickness even if you try to stay still. Dummy." She pulled Emi over to her and laid her head down in her lap. She brushed Emi's hair away from her face and opened the AC for them.

They reached the house and Emi still wasn't feeling any better. Bohm carried her to her room and laid her down. Niddie went and prepared a bowl and towel for her. As she sat next to Emi wiping her down to cool her off, Emi suddenly sat up in bed her hands covering . Niddie's eyes grew wide, she quickly turned and looked for a bucket of some sort. She saw the trash can and dumped out it's contents and shoved it in Emi's face. Emi started to throw up into trash can. Niddie watched her and almost lost her stomach as well, she started to gag from the sound and smell. Niddie quickly walked out of the room and Bohm and Mike were standing out there.

"Bohm she needs you." Niddie said quickly and walked away to get fresh air.

They both looked at Niddie oddly and Bohm walked into the room, "WHAT THE NIDDIE!?" Bohm called out, Mike started laughing as the situation began to settle. Bohm turned to Mike, "Do you mind??" Mike threw up his hands and ran after Niddie, she was smart to get away first. When Mike found Niddie she was standing outside in the driveway reading a letter.

"Hey what's going on?" Mike asked when he saw the serious expression on her face.

"Golf's dad is moving him to a different cemetary." She said quietly.

"Why?"

"Apparently due to time constraints and what not, they weren't able to bury Golf in the family plot. And now they want to do that."

"When are they doing it?"

"Today...this letter is two days old...If I hadn't gone..." Niddie's voice started to quiver. Mike wanted to comfort her but he didn't know how...or if he even could. Just being this friendly with her could cause trouble for both of them. And they really didn't need it right now.

"Niddie regardless if you had gone or not...Kon would've never let you go." Mike pointed out.

She nodded and turned to him, "And if I didn't go...I wouldn't be with you." She smiled at him.

He smiled back at her but the moment was short lived. 

Kon walked out in the car port. "Mike I need you to suit up. You're going on a mission tonight. So go get your things and I'll be waiting in my office with your orders."

"Yes sir." Mike said and walked to pack his things.

Kon and Niddie stared at each other. He didn't say anything to her for once. He glared at her and walked inside the house.

"What's his problem..." Niddie muttered. She shoved it away from her thoughts and went to find Mike. She's never seen what a bodyguard to the mafia has to do. This was exciting. She ran upstairs and found Mike packing a duffle bag.

"Are you scared?" She asked from the doorway.

"Not really. It's my job...I kind of like it."

"That's a little freaky."

"Put it this way. I get to be James Bond without all the shaken not stirred drinks."

"That was stupid Mike."

"Yeah...but that's all I could come up with." He grinned at her. He finished packing and walked by her, he wanted to hug her and kiss her goodbye, but couldn't. He patted her on the shoulder. "I gotta go talk to Kon."

She just nodded and didn't say anything. Before he could get past her, she touched his hand on his duffle bag lightly, then looped her pinky finger with his. "Come home safely."

He nodded to her without looking at her and walked off. Once he disappeared down the hall she decided to go check up on Emi. Bohm walked out holding the trash can away from him, he cut his eyes at Niddie and walked off. She giggled and went inside. Emi was sitting up but her eyes were still closed.

"You feelin' better?"

Emi opened her eyes, "Niddie I AM SOO SORRY!"

Niddie laughed, "What for?! You had too much too drink and you got sick. It happens."

"That's so embarrassing." Emi said covering her face.

NIddie rolled her eyes and smiled, "Just recover. I don't think I need you 24/7 to do things for me. I'm not a prissy little brat you know."

Emi smiled and nodded. She laid back down in bed again and Niddie tucked her in.

-----****------
Mike stood in Kon's office waiting for his orders. Kon sat his desk looking through a d

Please log in to read the full chapter