005

Black Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sun was starting to rise. The sky was red and orange mixed together. There were a few clouds floating around.

L.Joe was ready to leave. Spreading his white wings, L.Joe flew off. He went back to the meadow that he had promised Hwayoung to meet him.

He was anxious to know whether or not Hwayoung was going to show up. He really hoped that Hwayoung would show up because all he could think about was her. She had occupied his mind for the past two days.

Upon reaching the spot where he had met Hwayoung, there was no on in sight. L.Joe’s heart sank as he looked over the empty spot on the other side of the barrier.

“Hwayoung, are you really not coming?” He wondered out loud, sadly.

---------

Hwayoung gazed into the distance.

The sky was a mixture of red and orange. The sun was slowly raising high in the sky.

“I’ll be here the same time every day. I’ll wait until you come and if you don’t come, I’ll continue to wait for you.”

L.Joe’s words ran in Hwayoung’s head. Hwayoung bite her bottom lip hoping that L.Joe was not there. “I think I’ll go and check if he’s there or not.”

Spreading her black wings, Hwayoung flew to the meadow. However, she took a different route. Instead of going through the open field where L.Joe would spot her easily, Hwayoung went through the forest so that the trees could hide her.

Reaching the end of the forest, Hwayoung hid behind a tree so that she saw the open meadow clearly. She scanned the area for L.Joe. When she spotted a figure pacing back and forth, Hwayoung’s heart skipped a beat.

“He’s really here.” Hwayoung breathed.

---------

L.Joe paced back and forth waiting for Hwayoung. He was starting to doubt that Hwayoung was actually going to come.

“Hwayoung, won’t you come and see me? Do you not think of me as I think of you?” He wondered out loud. L.Joe looked around, but saw no Hwayoung in sight.

His heart ached knowing that Hwayoung wasn’t going to come. “No,” L.Joe shook his head. “Hwayoung will definitely come. She probably just woke up late.” He convinced himself.

--------

Hwayoung watched L.Joe. Her heart ached seeing that L.Joe was actually going to wait for her. “Go back Byunghun, I won’t show myself. We aren’t meant to be.” She whispered.

However, L.Joe didn’t leave. He stayed where he was. There were times when he sat down and picked at the grass or he would look up at the sky.

Hwayoung continued to watch him from afar. She didn’t go anywhere but stay where she was. She didn’t want to leave him. Although she won’t admit it, she missed him a lot.

Seeing his handsome face made her heart swell in happiness. L.Joe had occupied her mind like how she did to him.

The two angels thought about one another, but couldn’t dare tell another soul. For if they did, who would know what the elders of both realms would do to the pair.

The feeling that they felt for each other will be kept a secret.

 

The sun was high in the sky. L.Joe was still waiting. Hwayoung was still watching him from afar in the forest.

“Won’t you go home already, Byunghun? Please don’t wait any longer.” Hwayoung begged desperately. Unfortunately, L.Joe couldn’t hear her plead so he stayed where he was.

Despite wanting L.Joe to go home, Hwayoung was happy that there was someone out there beside her brothers that cared about her.

The two of them continued to stay where they were at. Just then, Hwayoung received a telepathic call from Changjo.

Hwayoung, where are you?

Hwayoung perked up, turned aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter