022

Black Paradise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Shim house was quiet. The angels that lived in the house were in the library room. The room was lit up with dim lights that were bright enough to read small print books.

Niel and Ricky were playing chess in the middle of the room. CAP and Chunji were sitting in big armchairs at the corner of the room reading. Changjo and Hwayoung were sitting on the long black coach by the wall reading.

The six siblings didn’t utter a word to each other. The sound of the chess pieces clacking on the glass chess board and page turning was heard only. It was quiet.

A soft thud echoed throughout the large room, CAP had finished his book and closed it. He gazed around the room and saw that everyone was just sitting there doing their own business not talking like they would usually be.

A small sigh escaped his lips as he stood up and head over to the large book shelf. He put back the book and looked for another. Before he could grab another, he left a presence next to him.

CAP turned his head to see Hwayoung looking for another book also. Hwayoung turned to him and blink. “Is something wrong oppa?” She asked. The older angel shook his head with a soft smile.

Hwayoung gave him a small smile and held up her book. “Oppa, can you help me put this book away? I can’t reach it.” CAP chuckled softly and took the book from her grasp. “How did you even get it in the first place?” He placed the book back in place.

“Changjo oppa helped me.” Hwayoung replied searching for another book. The older angel nodded and resumed looking for a new book.

The two angels continued to look for a new book to read. However, the older angel wasn’t paying attention to picking what book he wanted to read, he wanted to know how the younger angel felt about the event that took place the day before.

“Hwayoung,” He called softly. The younger angel stopped what she was doing and turned her head to the older angel, “Yes oppa?”

“How are you feeling?” He asked carefully. Hwayoung gave him a small smile and answered, “I’m fine oppa.” However, the older angel could read the younger angel.

“I know you’re not okay. You don’t have to hide it.” He said softly. She hung her head a little as a sigh escaped her lips. “But I can’t change the fact that that is my destiny.”

CAP softened seeing that his baby sister wasn’t ready. He pulled her into a hug. S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter