⤜Chapter Sixteen: Confidential⤛

Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun

Before you knew it, Christmas had already passed. January flew by and February arrived. You were mostly excited since it would be the first year you celebrated Woohyun's birthday. You had already planned his surprise birthday party weeks ago, and finally, you were able to put everything together. 

You sat in one of the meeting rooms at Woohyun's company. He knew you were there, but he didn't understand the specifics. 
"Can I come in?" Woohyun asked you by the entrance of the meeting room. You stopped him. 
"I told you. It's girls only. Are you a woman?" 
"Come on. It's my company. Technically, this meeting room is mine. Did you reserve it already? You know that I charge by hours, right?" 
"I already reserved it. You can even ask your secretary. Don't worry, you will get the payment. Now, if you can excuse us, we've got a very important meeting to discuss." With that said, you closed the door and locked it just to be extra safe. Meanwhile, Woohyun was dumbfounded by the front door. He couldn't believe you did that to him. He sighed and gave up on trying to beg you. He entered the elevator and made his way up to his personal office. 

You sat at one of the table and spreaded out all of your papers and the projector. 
"So this is plan for Saturday." You began. 

You presented the plan to Woohyun's staff. You made adjustments here and there with the advice from his staff. The meeting ran for two hours. 
"So this is it!Woohyun really appreciate all of your guys' great work and you guys literally family to him. It would mean the world to him for you guys to make it on Saturday. Make sure this meeting is kept confidential." You thanked everyone for their hard work and time. 
You stood by the door and gave them a smile as they left the room. 
"Thank you so much." You smiled to the last staff. You turn to face the entrance and saw Woohyun standing across from you, with his legs crossed and one of his hands in his pocket, leaning on the wall. 
You smiled at him and walked out of the room. Woohyun quickly caught up to you. 
"What did you guys speak about?" Woohyun asked, walking beside you. You ignored his question. 
"Hello? I'm not speaking to myself. What did you discuss with them?" He asked once more. You stopped and turned to face him. Woohyun looked at you, giving you a "hello?" face. You tiptoed and pecked his right cheek. 
"Thanks for your hardwork." You thanked him and continued walking. 
Woohyun was standing there, confused. 
You smiled, knowing that he was confused with everything. 
"Yah! Wait til we get home." 
You heard Woohyun yelled out. You didn't turn back to face him, but you sent him a backward wave. 

You were sitting on your couch, watching a Korean drama. You heard the front door open and looked at who was at the door. You smiled when you saw him. Woohyun dropped his briefcase down and ran to you, sitting next to you. 
"What did you speak about earlier?" Woohyun asked. 
"I'm not telling you." You broke the news to him. 
"Why not? They're my staff. I have the right to know what was discussed." He begged you. 
"Woohyun, you owe my 150,000 won." You pointed to your couch. 
"Aish. I don't care about that. For real. What did you say earlier? Every of them ignored me all day. You know that I'm their boss, right?" 
You ignored him and continued watching your drama. Woohyun looked at the screen and then back at you. He covered the TV with his body. 
"Yah, move. I want to watch the drama. Go shower." You told him, trying to find the angle to see the screen again. Woohyun didn't care and continued blocking the screen. Out of nowhere, you decided to give him a hug. You saw the screen again. 
"-------, what are you doing?" Woohyun asked. You didn't say anything to him, but smiled. You loved his hugs, but for real, you just wanted to see the drama. It was getting to the good part. You hugged him for a good 10 minutes. Woohyun was confused why you were acting all weird. First, the peck on the cheek and now a hug. He knew you were never touchy. You released him from the hug. Woohyun didn't know what to say, besides looking at you. 
"Are you sick?" He asked. He placed the palm of his hand on your forehead. 
"Hmm, you're normal." Woohyun said. 
You grabbed his hand. 
"Woohyun-ah, I'm fine. I just needed a hug." You said. Woohyun looked at you for a few seconds. 
"I know you're trying to distract me." He replied. 
"Distract you from what?" 
"The meeting. You're really not going to tell me?" Woohyun asked once more. 
"It's not important. I will tell you when the time comes" You smiled. 
"Are you sure?" 
"Yes. I will tell you, but just not now. Please go shower." 
Woohyun gave you one last look, before walking upstairs. 

You looked at his figure enter the room. You smiled, feeling excited about Saturday. 



The week quickly went by, and it was already Saturday. You looked over your shoulder and saw that Woohyun wasn't sleeping next to you. You noticed that he had left a note on his pillow. You sat up and read the note. 

Come home early! I'm cooking dinner tonight, so you better not be late.

-Woohyun-

 

You smiled, reading his note. What he didn't know was that you were all set on his birthday party. You set the note aside and dressed up for the day. 

You made your way to his company to start setting up for the small surprise party. You carefully looked inside, before entering the building. Woohyun had no idea that you would be there. You quickly walk to the reception and greeted the girl behind the desk. 
"Good morning Mrs. Nam! Don't worry Mr. Nam is in a meeting right now." She told you.
"Oh really? That's even better." You replied. 
"You can head to the 5th floor. A few of the staffs are already in there, beginning to set-up." She informed you. 
You thanked her and made your way to the elevator. You pressed the 5th floor button and up you went. 

The room was quite a large meeting room. You and a few other staffs started moving the tables next to the wall, creating a longer table to place the food. You were going for a buffet-style dinner. On the other side of the wall, you had set up a few more tables for the dessert. A few men rolled in the round tables to put it in the middle of the room for seating. After a few hours, the room was finally completed. You were satisfied with the look and the work the team had created. 
"Thank you so much! I really appreciate each of your contributions! I couldn't have done it without you guys. Again, don't forget to come by for dinner and a small celebration for Woohyun." You bowed to them, which surprised them. 
"Oh my god, Mrs. Nam you don't need to bow to us. We're just workers." One of the girls said. 
You looked at her and smiled. 
"No, really. You guys have helped me so much. Remember to stop by at 8PM and don't tell Woohyun." You reminded them again. They all bowed to you as each of them left. The door slowly closed, and you let out a sigh of relief, knowing that the hard part was finished. You looked at the room once more, before leaving and locking it. You walked down the long hallway to get to the elevator. You entered the elevator and pressed on the first floor. You looked down at your feet, not knowing that the floor was actually going up one more floor to pick up another person. The sliding doors opened, making a ding sound. 

"Oh, ------shi."
You looked up and looked at the person standing outside of the elevator. 
"Suho-shi." 


You were now sharing one elevator with Suho. He looked at you and smiled, while you were looking at the numbers count down. 
"What brings you here today?" Suho asked you, making you look at him. 
"Oh, um, I had a small business with his staffs." You told him. You started thinking if you should even invite him to Woohyun's surprise party. 
"Oh. I didn't you were close with them. Are you working with Woohyun here? He never mentioned you." 
For some reasons, the elevator was going down so slow. You wanted to get off the elevator. 
"Oh no, I'm not. I'm just collaborating a small project with his company. Nothing too big."
"Really? I noticed that you weren't at the meeting today. You look like a big business partner with him, especially that you're his wife." Suho commented. 
"Oh no, I'm not that big, really." You laughed it off. 
The elevator finally reached the first floor. You both walked out of the elevator and making you ways out to the main entrance. You thought for a while. 
"Suho-shi." You called him, making him stop to look at you. 
"Yes?" 
"I'm hosting a surprise birthday party for Woohyun at 8PM. It's actually just on the 5th floor at this building. I hope you can make it." You let it out. You don't know why you did, but you did. Suho was surprised that you even invited him. 
"Oh okay! I'll see if I can make it tonight." He said and smiled at you, before excusing himself. You were still standing at the front doors. You felt like it was a bad idea, but at the same time, you didn't want to look rude. 

"--------!" 
Your thoughts were interrupted when someone called your name. You searched for the person who called your name. Lo and behold, it was Woohyun. He smiled and waved at you, walking towards you. You wanted to tell him that you spoke to Suho, but nothing came out. 
"What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?" Woohyun asked, looking at you. 
"I...." You were still thinking why you invited Suho to Woohyun's surprise party. You were silent for a few seconds, concerning Woohyun. 
"Are you okay?" Woohyun asked. "Are you not feeling well?" He placed his palm on your forehead. 
"I'm...fine." You told him. You wanted to change the atmosphere. "I...uh...just wanted to see you on my lunch break, that's all." You told him. 
Woohyun gave you a "really?" look. 
"What? Is there something wrong with that?" You asked. 
"I don't know. You've been off lately. I think we might need to take you for a check-up or something." He said.
"Well, I'll get going. See you tonight!" You told him.
"Wait, you're leaving already?" Woohyun asked. 
"Yea, you're busy and I'm busy, so let's see each other tonight." you told him, turning away. Before you could take another step, Woohyun stopped you, by grabbing your arm and pulling you in for a hug. 
"Don't be late." He whispered. He pulled you away from the hug and smilled at you. "Be careful." He said and with that he turned away and walked away from you. You stood by the door, looking at his figure disappeared. 

The clock read 7:30PM, you were standing in the meeting room. You greeted each person that made their way into the room. It was only Woohyun that wasn't there yet. 
"Thank you for taking the time to come and celebrate Woohyun's birthday. For the time being, please help yourself with some small desserts and appetizer that is located on the right side of the room." You announced. You walked away from the microphone and stood by the door again to greet each person that made their way to the room. You pulled out your phone and realized that you had a message. You unlocked your phone and realized that it was Woohyun who texted you. 

Hey, I'm really sorry. A few staffs had invited me to go out for a drink with them. I will be home shortly. I'm still cooking dinner! See you soon. 
-Woohyun-


You smiled at the text. You quickly replied back to him.

No worries. 

It was approaching 8 o'clock soon. One of the staffs notified you that they would be bring Woohyun there soon. Another staff announced to everyone about the plan and the room came to a silent. Everyone received a small confetti cannon. Meanwhile, you were at the other end of the room, figuring out the buffet-style food set-up, since the caterers were coming in. 
"Mrs. Nam, please make your way to the main door. Mr. Nam is already on the elevator." The girl told you. You looked at her. 
"Yes, I will be there. Did someone get the cake already?"
"Yes, the cake and candles are ready to go." She told you, as the lights dimmed. 
"Okay, I will be there." You told her.
"Let me take care of it. Why don't you go to the door?" The girl told you. You thanked her and made your way to the front. The lights were completely off now, making it hard for you to see. However, the fire from the candles made it easy for you to see the entrance, since it looked like someone was already waiting for you by the door, ready to pass the cake to you. Just as you were about to make your way to the front, the door opened and everyone yelled out surprise, popping the confettis. The lights , and you saw Woohyun. A girl was holding the cake in front of Woohyun. You couldn't see the girl's face, so you walked a little bit more to the side to get a view of her. You saw that Woohyun was looking at her too. 


Eunji?



You thought. You couldn't believe it was her. Woohyun and Eunji were looking at each other so intensely. Woohyun was confused. Eunji was standing in front of him, smiling, holding the cake in front of him.
"Make a wish." She said to him.
Woohyun didn't understand any of it. After a few seconds, he blew the candles and everyone clapped. Woohyun was still looking at Eunji. Eunji only sent Woohyun smiles. You couldn't look at them. You felt hurt and confused. You turned around, bumping into someone. That person slightly held onto you, wrapping his arm around your back, making sure you gained your posture. You looked at him. 

"You okay?" 
"Yea. Thanks, Suho-shi. I'm glad you could make it. Please enjoy yourself." You smiled at him and excused yourself to the table with the food. Suho let you go and looked at you walk away, then back at Woohyun and Eunji. 
You walked to the table and saw that the girl had already set everything up to the way you wanted. She turned around and looked at you. 
"Oh, Mr. Nam looks real surprised!" She smiled. 
"Yea, he does. Thank you for helping me with this." You thanked her. "Can you ask Taeil to announce dinner for everyone? And don't forget to enjoy yourself." You told her and she excused herself. 

After a few seconds, you left the room and walked out to the hallway. 

Meanwhile, Woohyun thanked everyone for the gifts and surprise. He stepped away from the microphone and Taeil took over the stage to announce dinner. 
"Mr. Nam, please enjoy your dinner." Taeil privately told Woohyun. Woohyun only nodded and asked that everyone get dinner before he does. Woohyun stepped outside to the other side of the hallway. Woohyun took out his phone and clicked on your contact. 

-------, I might come home a little late tonight. I promise I will be home soon thought. Don't forget I'm still cooking dinner. 
-Woohyun-


Your notification went off. You pulled out your phone from your pocket. It was Woohyun. You read it and then turned off your phone. 
You weren't mad at him. You were just confused why everything turned out the way it did. You kept walking down the long hallway. At the same time, Woohyun was walking down the other side of the hallway. 

You made a right turn at the end of the hallway to get to the elevator. Woohyun was standing in front of the elevator. 
There's no way Eunji planned this party. Woohyun thought. The elevator dinged. Just as Woohyun was about to get into the elevator, he sensed that someone was walking towards him. He looked to his left side and saw you walking towards him. Meanwhile, you were slowly walking to the elevator, looking down at each of your step. 
"-------!" 
You looked up and saw Woohyun standing at the other end of the hallway. 
"Woohyun." you whispered. 
Woohyun walked towards you. You didn't know if you should walk towards him, stop your tracks, or turn back and walk into the room. You made the quick decision to turn around and walk back into the room. You just couldn't face him. 
"-----!" You heard him call your name again. You increased your speed. Woohyun saw that you were walking faster away from him. He took the chance to run up to you. He grabbed onto your arm, turning you around. You couldn't look at him. 
"Yah, did you not hear me call your name?" Woohyun asked. You only looked at the ground. 
"Why aren't you answering me? " Woohyun asked you. Nothing came out from you. You felt the urge to cry. You could feel your eyes watering. You definitely didn't want Woohyun to see you cry again, especially after that small incident. You quickly wiped your tears away with the back of your hand and looked at him. 
"Happy Birthday!" You smiled at him. Woohyun looked at you. He hated when you cried. 

Without thinking twice, he pulled you in for a hug, wrapping his arms around your waist. You hugged him back and buried your face on his shoulder. 

 

________________________________________________
I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite. [WARNING]:WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM BELOW<3

[Notes]: Some very awesome videos Infinite filmed. Check out their Eco Drive, Traffic Safety, and Milk songs. Links below.
Eco Drive links:

INFINITE Eco Drive Song - YouTube
INFINITE [Safety Traffic Song] @SBS Inkigayo Popular song 20120527 - YouTube
Traffic Safety link:
[720p] ∞INFINITE∞ Traffic Safety Song (1 May 2011) HD REUPLOAD - YouTube
Milk Song link:
INFINITE - Funny Milk Song HD - YouTube
[HD] 130203 Infinite-H - Milk Song - YouTube

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story "Arranged Marriage to Mr. Nam Woohyun" or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below! For every comment you write, I will send you two (2) karma points:)

-Inspirit_07

WOOHYUN/INFINITE SPAM