Plane ride, introductions and FOOD!

Alien Bunnies... Totally Normal!
Orange = English 
______________________________
A blunt object hits my head and I awaken, grumbling as I hold my forehead.....
 
Honestly, what's with things hitting my head these days?! Did I do something so horribly wrong that karma felt it necessary to get back at me by targeting my head? Wait....
 
I'd dozed off to sleep and my head fell against the window, hence my rude awakening. 
 
I look to my right and find Yongguk sound asleep. His head rests gently on his shoulders and his body stiff. Wait, stiff body? His body should be limp.
 
"Yongguk," I whisper. He opens his eyes and turns his head to look at me.
 
"Hm?"
 
"How come you aren't sleeping?"
 
"It's too uncomfortable."
 
"... Turn into Shishi."
 
"What? Why?"
 
"Trust me and just do it."
 
Yongguk leans in closer to me to make sure the people diagonally back from us don't see him transform. He leans in close enough that he could kiss me, keeping eye contact the entire time. He sighs and disappears, Shishi looking up at me from his seat with annoyed eyes.
 
"Now what?" He asks.
 
I pick him up and hold him in my arms. I lean against the window and look down at him. "Sleep," I say, my eyes already half closed. Without protest, Shishi buries himself into my arms and closes his eyes.
 
I wake up an hour or two later to find Shishi fast asleep. His tiny chest rises and falls in a rhythmic pace; a calming one, might I add. A few months ago, this hot-headed, dense bunny would throw an insult my way any chance he got. He took pride with my mistakes and slip-ups and found it funny when the worst happened. I can't look back and analyze the time we spent together, trying to figure out when he went from my enemy, to my lover. His almighty embrace the night Casey died will forever be etched into my being. Yes I did feel comfortable in his arms, but there was something else that I only now notice. That night, I wasn't the only one shaking. He held me to calm us both down.
 
He needed me as much as I needed him.
 
My eyes shift from the bunny to the movie playing on the screen before me. I can't remember the name of the movie, nor can I say I've seen it before, but the scene it's currently playing grabs my undivided attention.
 
The main character, a man, relives his life as he falls off a rocky cliff into the welcoming waters below. He thought he found love many times, only to have it trampled on each and every time. His family wouldn't help him, as he was a disgrace to all who were related by blood or marriage, denying any ties to him. As he wallowed in his pitied state, he ignored the pleading cries of hope that escaped the mouth of a childhood friend, a pretty girl who had loved him since the beginning. 
 
The beauty in cinematography takes over when the man hits the water, falling into space instead of the big ol' blue. He drifts farther an farther away from the camera, curling up into a ball as death surrounds him in an embrace that was long awaited. His curled up body grows smaller and brighter and eventually turns into a star. The camera zooms out and back to the girl, who stands by the cliff's edge, unbeknownst that her lover had jumped. She looks up and notices his star, stating that though it is small, it shines the brighter than the rest. The movie ends when the girl says the man is late and heads back home.
 
I small tears falls down the side of my face, landing on the bunny below.
 
"Something wrong?" He asks, sitting up. If I know anything about him, is that certain mannerisms show his emotion, such as this one. If he was satisfied with a nap, he would have sat up, stretched and look up at me with a smile in his eyes. This time, it was his nervous awakening.
 
"Everything's fine. Just a sad movie." I wipe the impending tears and place Shishi on his seat. He quickly changes into Yongguk.
 
"Good, because you tend to use me as a crying rag, smearing your snot all over my shirt." I playfully punch him in the shoulder and rest my head against him.
 
Forget what I said. He hasn't changed a bit!
 
'Hello there, lovely travellers of Air Korea. I'm captain Kim and I'll be making your safe landing onto one of the beautiful islands of the Caribbean in a few more hours. We might receive a bit a turbulence along the way but we hope....'
 
"A few more hours?!" I hear Daehyun groan. "Being stuck between these idiots is like being to hell on an extended vacation."
 
"If they are causing you trouble, we can switch." I say, unbuckling my seat belt. I stand up and shimmy my way by Yongguk's long legs, but he grabs my wrist and gives a desperate look, as if I'm leaving him on a small island with a complete idiot.
 
.....
 
"Finally! I've escaped!" Daehyun throws his hands into the air as he takes my seat and I take his. Yongguk looks at me a pleads like I've never seen before. I smile and shake my head, secretly liking this convenient torture.
 
"Noona, wanna play a game?" Zelo asks.
 
As I answer yes, I immediately regret my decision.
 
<>
 
"Giraffe, tire, apple, monkey, Matoki, plane, car, sloth and.... Tree." Zelo's grin grows larger as Jongup puts the word to memory and takes a deep breath.
 
"Ok. Giraffe, tire, apple, monkey, Matoki, plane, car, sloth, tree, seatbelt." Jongup says hesitantly, making sure every word is correct. Both pairs of eyes fall on me as the order whirls through my mind and makes it's way to my mouth.
 
"Giraffe, tire, apple, monkey, Matoki, plane, car, sloth, tree, seatbelt.... Juice!" I sit up in my seat and thank the flight attendant as much as my doe eyes can manage. The memory game is fun, but if it's the EIGTH FREAKING TIME, it gets annoying.
 
Us three get juice and I ban the two from talking as all my attention is on the most delicious glass of apple juice I've ever had in my life. I try to keep myself from finishing it in three gulps, because the silence is a perfect bargain for drinking slowly. 
 
To soon to count, nothing but an empty glass resides in the clutches on my small hand. I inwardly moan as the realization hits Zelo and Jongup's face, and before a word can be uttered, I leap out of my seat and run back to my original seat.
 
"You, out." I glare at Daehyun, tossing my thumb over my shoulder.
 
"But we still have a couple more hours!! Please?" He pleads. Any other girl would have fallen for his looks and given into his pathetic pleas, but I'm not any other girl and I want my seat NOW!
 
"Your better be out of my seat in five or it'll be falling out of this plane!" Poison drips off my words and fires ignite in my eyes.
 
"She's not joking," Yongguk says casually, flipping through a magazine as he chuckles at the live entertainment.
 
He knows me so well.
 
"OUT!"
 
"Got it!" Daehyun jumps out of my seat and into his with the speed of a scared rabbit. I sit myself down and sigh with relief, a warm hand grabbing hold of mine.
 
"Never do that again," Yongguk chuckles, leaning his head on my shoulder. "That was unnecessary torture for the both of us..."
 
"Believe me when I say that'll never happen ever again."
 
"Hm..." Yongguk kisses the back of my right hand and I lean down to kiss his cheek.
 
<>
 
"Wake up," I say as I poke Yongguk's cheek. "Wake up. It's time to get off."
 
A moan, a shuffle and a yawn before his eyes open slowly and his arms snake around my frame. "Nah. Let's stay here. I wanna sleep more..."
 
I roll my eyes and stand up, escaping his grip. I grab our carry-ons and organize our seats, allowing him a few more minutes of sleep. That comes to and end, much to his disappointment, and we make it off the plane, stepping onto new ground.
 
"Where are we?" Youngjae asks in English. I clap at his succeeded effort and pass him a picture.
 
"We are on the island of Trinidad." I answer. "Adrienne will be able to answer more of your questions, so don't worry."
 
"How are we going to survive! None of us learned enough English before the language device was broken!" Jongup grabs onto Zelo and shakes him. 
 
"Relax. Adrienne and I can help translate. I'm fluent in English and just as good with this island's english."
 
"Who's Adrienne?" Himchan asks a he runs his hand through his hair.
 
"Me!" A pair of arms wrap around my neck and the force of the body almost sends me to the ground. I turn around and face my old friend.
 
Beautiful light brown hair curl like gentle waves from the roots to her hips, golden at the tip. Big brown eyes and darker tanned skin work in harmony, and light red lips finish it off. A few inches short than me and in an ocean blue sundress, she easily out classes many in looks.
 
"Adrie! How've you been?" I squeal as we hug each other tightly. 
 
"I'm real good. And you?"
 
"Same."
 
"Are these da guys you were talkin' about? 'Cause if they are, ya weren't kiddin'." She whistles as she looks at each and everyone of them, causing me to giggle.
 
Still the same as when we were kids.
 
"This is Yongguk, Daehyun, Youngjae, Zelo, Jongup and Himchan. Guys, this is Adrienne, or Adrie, a friend of mine when we were kids."
 
"It's a pleasure to meet you all!" She says with a smile, shaking everyone's hands.
 
"You speak korean?" Yongguk asks with relief hanging in his voice.
 
"Yep! I wouldn't want to burden you guys with my thick Trini accent. Just learning English and trying to understand what I say as extremely difficult." She chuckles as Yongguk's shoulders relax.
 
"Shall we go?" I pick up my suitcase and tighten he grip on my carry-on.
 
"We shall!"
 
<>
 
"Two people can sleep in here, two in the next and two in the next. You guys can choose who you want to sleep with. The bathroom is just down the hall and to the right. My room is the next door over and He-Jin, your room the the next one after mine." Adrienne says as she guides us through her house. As small as it may look on the outside, the size on the inside is hard to believe.
 
"Kitchen and TV is that way, living room and dining room the next. I can open up the front room if any feel like reading and being surrounded by art." Her eyes immediately fall on me. I smile sheepishly and she continues. "My sister will be coming home soon-"
 
"Shawna's coming? That's great!" I jump up and down.
 
"Yeah. She was let out of da hospital yestaday but Granny Jean wanted ta see her before she came back home. I'll tell ya later what de doctors said."
 
"... Huh?" 
 
"Don't worry, Yongguk. I'll explain it later." We all follow her into the kitchen. "Does anybody want anything to eat?"
 
"You gonna cook for us?" I ask, raising an eyebrow.
 
"Yep, and you're gonna help!"
 
"But Adrie-"
 
"You guys can go and put you things in your rooms and relax for a while. It's only 5:42 pm and dinner will be a little while, so get some rest."
 
They all run out of the kitchen, yelling the names of their roommates and the rooms to which they will sleep. I sigh and turn to Adrienne. "What did you have in mind for dinner?"
 
"Curry shrimp!" She squeals as she puts on her apron and pulls out the ingredients. "Can you please put eight bottles of peardrax* and one orange chubby into the fridge?"
*soda pear drink
 
"Sure."
 
I've made many Caribbean dishes before. They take a while but the results are worth it. Normally, I'd jump for joy if I were helping with dinner, BUT I'M SO TIRED!!
 
"And HyoJae is Youngjae's boyfriend. Zelo has a little girl named Jaexing and Himchan might be with one of their examiners."
 
"Wow! Your little aliens fit in quite well here on earth," Adrienne laughs. 
 
"Definitely."
 
"Yongguk's voice scared me when I first heard it.  IT IS SO DEEP!!"
 
"I KNOW, RIGHT!!"
 
We laugh and talk a lot more when we here the front door slide open. "Adrie? Is He-Jin here yet?" We hear a small voice yell.
 
"Yep, and I'm right in the kitchen." I yell back.
 
Quick footsteps, followed by a squeal and someone almost tackling me to the ground is something I'm all too familiar with but have not experienced in a while. Shawna, Adrie's fraternal twin has always been the very childish one. While Adrie has the perfectly healthy body, Shawna's own has many problems. Her heart is weak and can collapse anytime. If she's ever reckless, her bones might break like a twig and there might be a few things wrong with her brain. The only reason she isn't in the hospital all the time is because Shawna doesn't want to spend her days there while her life is extended. She'd rather be out in the world, even if she might die tomorrow.
 
But she shares a good heart with her sister, one of the few similarities they have. Shawna's hair is very curly and very blond. Her eyes are a lighter shade of brown and her over all size is smaller. Her skin is paler than the average Trini, giving her the appearance of a doll. 
 
"I missed you," she says as she buries her head in the centre of my back.
 
"I missed you, too." I rub her arm and smile.
 
"Yet I missed ya more and I don't get a hug?" Adrienne says with false shock and annoyance. Shawna giggles and hugs her older sister. We are all the same age, but it's sometimes hard to tell....
 
"I smell something delicious..." I hear a deep voice mumble sleepily. Yongguk wakes into the kitchen and stops right in front of Shawna, greatly towering over her. "Hello."
 
"Whoa! Your voice is deep!" Shawna looks at me. "His voice is so deep!" She looks back at him and throws her hands in the air. "Your voice is SO DEEP!" Yongguk furrows his brow and looks at me and Adrienne.
 
"Shawna, it's really deep, I know, but Yongguk doesn't speak much English. From now on, try more korean." Adrie tells her.
 
"Okay!" She says with a smile. The smell draws the others and introductions finally finish.
_______________________
 
Okay, so... Trini is really hard to put into words, honestly. I mean, the whole difficulty with the English is because of extra intonations and pronounciation. I tried my best. It's harder than most of you might believe.
 
Shawna and Adrienne are cousins of mine who live in Trinidad. They are not twins nor do they speak korean. Shawna is older and she's perfectly healthy and Adrienne is my age and healthy as well. I haven't seen them in years but I can remember Their looks quite well.
 
I've started becoming obsessed with Loki (and Tom Huddleston) but it's so hard to concentrate!  While I was proofreading this chapter, I found Loki's name in it more than once! What the heck! I really have to start re-watching ALL the B.A.P MVs...
 
Commentaries!!
Your poor little head. You're lucky I wasn't the one who hit you.
Yes, there are a lot of things hitting your head... MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA 
The movie scene is completely made up.
I love playing that game on long rides in the car!
Yeah... YOU, not ME!
Good job Youngjae!!
ADRIENNE!
I love Adrie.
Yeah.... You better take me to Trinidad soon *points a gun*
Okay, okay!
I love peardrax!
I KNOW!
I call the second room with Daehyun! *Slap*
Yongguk's voice is deep. Get over it-I WILL NEVER GET OVER IT!
I'm basing Adrie's house on my Granny Jean's house. Yep... Very big..
CAN I HAVE SOME CURRY SHRIMP?!
I wish I could cook...
 
A lot of Trinidadian references will come up, but I promise to explain them and add pictures. Believe me, it's a beautiful place.
 
 
Well, I wouldn't know....
 
 
ANYWAY! Thanks a million for reading this far. I must admit, I didn't expect this story to continue so far.
 
ARIGATOGOZAIMASU!!!
 
pretty_rania1: thanks!
 
minniebubble12: definitely
 
reemcoti: YOU. ARE. AWESOME! And thank you so much for your comment! We will try our hardest to keep it up to standards!