Forgiveness is the final form of love

Alien Bunnies... Totally Normal!

 

First things first, if you don't like super scary stuff, skip a bit that's towards the end. Oh, and please go easy on me!
 
_______________
The point of the game:
 
To knock down the tiny elusive spaceship with your space gun, WITHOUT hitting the innocent traveling aliens.
 
Equipment:
 
Small plastic guns filled with twenty white balls half the size of a ping-pong ball.
 
Time: 
 
One minute.
 
Amount of money per game:
 
2000 won.
 
What I've been doing so far:
 
Hitting everything BUT the tiny space ship.
 
Amount of games played so far:
 
Nine.
 
I've kept count of my ammunition 'til this point. I only have one shot left. I wipe the sweat lingering on my eyebrows waiting to just to cause me to miss. I slow my breathing and calm my heart, reducing the shaking in my hands. The world around me slows down, noise drowned out, everything out of focus except the space ship.
 
That space ship will be the death of me. Although tiny in size, no bigger than half a matoki, it holds a lot of artistic detail and fine tuning. I don't need to feel it to see that it's edges are smooth. Paint carefully placed in a beautiful manner makes it seem as if life truly exists within the toy. The ship creates the look of elegance as the contraption holding it up jerks around while the ship seems to glide through the air.
 
I take a deep breath. I've only got one more shot, so I have to make this count. I line my eyes up with my gun, hoping to become one with this shot. If so, an accurate aim can be found and that space ship would be done in by me. I glance over at my partner, and he looks at me with pure determination. He nods and I nod back in acknowledgement. I look back to the ship, and press the trigger.
 
"No, no, NO! ARG!!!" I put down the green and red plastic gun in annoyance and stare hatefully at that tiny spaceship that refused to go down.
 
It was my tenth try, and yet, I still haven't won that adorable panda I crave so much. I reach into my pocket and pull out my remaining money. I only have 2000 won left, enough for one more game, but I have something else in mind to do. Sorry giant panda, but I'll have to leave you behind for another day. NOOOOOOOOOO-
 
"Sorry I couldn't win that panda for you, He-Jin." Jongup sighs and slumps lower on the bench beside his leader.
 
"Don't worry about it. At least you barely hit it! I didn't hit it even once!!! I appreciate the help, though." I wrap my arms around his muscular frame and hug the green matoki, and he hugs me back.
 
Yongguk clears his throat and we break apart. "So, you guys didn't win anything, even after all that?" Jongup and I nod our head in shame. "Wow! You guys more than I originally thought, PUAHAHAHAHA!" Yongguk throws his head back and laughs like crazy, slapping his leg and squirming all over the place. Jongup and I just glare at him as he gets into the stage of gasping for air. After a few chest pounds, he returns to almost normal...
 
"Well, aren't you supportive." I hiss through my teeth.
 
"Yeah, yeah, yea. Whatever," Yongguk waves his hand in my direction and takes a few breaths. "He-Jin, I know you have some money leftover from the game and the food you've bought, so why didn't you use it?"
 
"You're such a stalker," I mumble and shake my head. " I want to go through the haunted house at least once." I reply, sitting between him and Jongup. "I haven't been to this fun park since my father died. It used to be a sort of tradition that my father and I had to come here once every month, spend our money on games and food until we only had 2000 won left. To end the time here, we'd go through the haunted house. I heard they revamped it, but I was too distraught to go."
 
"Well," Yongguk stands up and stretches his back, "let's go!"
 
"You," I point to him, "want to come with me?" I point to myself in complete disbelief. 
 
"Why not?" He shrugs. "I wouldn't mind seeing you terrified." His outer look changes altogether when an evil smile forces itself on his face.
 
"Jerk," I whisper to my seat partner. "Jongup, do you wanna come too?"
 
"No thanks! I definitely DO NOT like scary places, and a haunted house is built for that kinda stuff." Jongup exclaims, giving a small shudder.
 
"Oh, okay. We'll be a while, since the line should be quite long. Where should we meet up?" I look back at Yongguk.
 
"I can contact the others and we can meet up at the Ferris wheel thing." 
 
"Perfect! We'll meet you there." Jongup gives me the thumbs up and I wave goodbye, dragging Yongguk by the wrist behind me.
 
If I remember correctly, the haunted house used to be a simple castle like structure where some of the staff members would dress up in scary costumes and jumps out at you. Someone would come and lead you into a maze filled with creepy objects and terrifying sounds. I wonder how it's changed.
 
"This should be it." Yongguk and I climb up a hill where the castle and a long line should be, but instead, there's a small shack and a short line. "Is this the haunted house?" I ask the person in front of us.
 
"Yeah. They've made some drastic changes." Answers the man. "Thankfully, most people now come at night, so the lines are usually short during the day."
 
"Oh, thanks." I stand beside Yongguk in the line and wait.
 
I. Hate. Waiting.
 
"I know you want to see me scared but I can't wait to see you scared!" I snicker at the thought of Yongguk screaming in terror.
 
"I don't get scared of earthian things." He answers with a smirk. "Believe me when I say I've grown up with much worse than your traditional ghosts, demons and assorted curses."
 
"Oh really? So the almighty leader is fearless." I raise my eyebrow in skepticism. 
 
"No, I'm not fearless."
 
Wait, what?
 
"I have lots of fears, like loosing my matokis, or never being able to contact home, or loosing you- YOUR SANITY!!"
 
"My sanity?"  I put my hands on my hips, telling him to elaborate.
 
"Yeah, you never know if you might one day hate us and send us away." He scratches the back of his neck and looks a different way.
 
"You fear that?" I release my hands from my hips and look at my feet. The idea causes my to chuckle and look back at him. "I can never do that. I love you guys to much to ever hate you." I smile genuinely.
 
"Thank you." The almighty matoki leader smiles. 
 
What a cute, gummy smile! Why have I never seen it before? Wy can't he smile more?!
 
Some younger teens make it up the hill and stand in the line behind us.
 
"Yeah, this is my second time going through today." Says one boy to two girls and another boy.
 
"Oppa, is it scary?" One girl asks, grabbing onto his arm.
 
"It is!" The other laughs.
 
"Hey, you. How's it scary." Yongguk asks the group.
 
"Well, you have this creepy doctor that leads you underground and tells one creepy ghost story. He says some other thing and opens an iron door, where he pushes you in and looks it. You go through three levels of fear, each more worse than the last. I can't remember too much about it." Says the first boy.
 
"Because you were running and screaming through the last level!" The other boy laughs.
 
"Is it truly that scary?" I ask, inching closer to Yongguk.
 
"Definitely!"
 
"But don't worry, unni. You have you're boyfriend with you to keep you safe!" Says one girl.
 
"He's not my-"
 
"Thanks for telling us the details. This wimp over here will be funny to watch as she runs away!" Yongguk laughs, high fiving the two boys.
 
Dumb jerk!!
 
The people before us go through until Yongguk and I are right at the front door. A creep man stands beside the door.
 
"2000 won per person." He says in a deep voice. I snicker and hand him the money.
 
Yongguk's is deeper.
 
 Five minutes after the people before us go, a man dressed up as a doctor opens the door of the shack. His white coat is covered in a dark red splatters.
 
"Are you two my next victims?" He asks in a hoarse voice.
 
"You bet!" Yongguk answers with a smirk.
 
"Perfect. Follow me." The man leads us inside the shack where the only thing inside is a staircase leading downwards. The doctor grabs a flashlight and points it down, illuminating the red liquid dropped randomly on the stairs.
 
"Oh, thar's not creepy at all." I chuckle nervously to myself, trying to calm my nerves.
 
The doctor gives me a strange look before starting the walk down. I watch him walk and feel myself slowly being pulled down. I look to my wrist, where Yongguk's hand holds it gently
 
"I'm here with you, so you don't have to be afraid." He smiles and pulls me closer to him.
 
"Oh, what a lovely couple." The doctor says in an almost sarcastic tone. "That reminds me of a story." He chuckles to himself. "I remember back in my true doctor days, I was friends with my neighbours, a young couple so deeply in love. They would have me over for dinner often, since I was lonely in my house. I loved their company and they loved mine. The husband was a doctor, so I had a lot to talk about with him. The only problem was, since they moved in, I kept hearing these screams coming from my bedroom window. They were screams of pure pain and torture, and they terrified me. The next morning, I asked the couple if they too heard the scream, but they said no. I asked around my neighbourhood, but everyone said they heard nothing. The screams kept returning every night, but I was the only one that heard it. It drove me crazy!" The doctor screams. "I couldn't take it anymore, so I stood inside my house, staring outside my window to see if the screams would return. I watched as a twisted and grotesque figure hopped my neighbour's fence and stumbled closer to my window. The figure walked right into my window, and that's when I saw it's face.
 
"It looked like it's mouth had been ripped right off, skin hanging loosely on it's face. The figure wore a white night gown splattered in blood. The skin on it's arms were covered in stitches, well sewn by a professional. Surprisingly, it didn't frighten me at all! I was more... 
intrigued." The man laughs evilly at the nostalgia. 
 
"The figure screamed it's blood curdling scream before hopping the fence once again. I quickly opened my window to chase after it into the couple's house. I followed it's desperate footsteps into the basement, where it simply vanished in front of a wooden door with a small blue bird carving and green painted vines. I open the door eagerly, only to find the couple. The woman was smiling and singing, holding on tightly to the lifeless figure. The man was also smiling, happily stitching her hand back onto her arm." The man stops and points the flash light at a wooden door just like his story's description. "I remember the woman's words exactly.'My little daughter, I promise we'll make you the beauty you have always wanted to be!'"
 
The doctor smiles and bows. "Thank you for listening to my tale. There are three levels. Gross out, horror and terror. You will go through each and experience controlled fear. Please, come back alive." And with that, his flash light turns off and a blanket off darkness surrounds us.
 
The door opens and we enter the dimly lit hallway. Nothing special about it. Just a hallway.
 
At first glance.
 
"Come on." Yongguk starts walking, pulling me along with him, but I squirm out of his grip and plant my feet by the door.
 
"I'm..." I trail off, my pride stopping me from completing my sentence. I'm scared is what I want to say.
 
"Why'd you come if you're going to be so easily scared?" Yongguk laughs. "What happened to the high and mighty weirdo that you were outside?"
 
"I came because I didn't think I would be this scared!" I snap. "Why'd you come?"
 
"Because I wanted to see you scared." Yongguk continues laughing. "You are such a wimp!"
 
"You jerk! Well, you see me now, scared as hell. Are you happy? Are you going to go brag about it? You know what? I don't care anymore. I will go through this place and I will prove you wrong!" My words are loud and strong, but my mind is weak. Even as I go against Yongguk, tears well up in my eyes. I guess you can say I'm kinda hurt. I guess you can say I miss my father's comfort. I guess you can say I'm completely terrified. I thought that maybe I'd be able to go through the haunted house if I had someone with me, but I didn't expect it to turn out like this.
 
I quickly wipe my tears and stomp past the man. Without hesitation, he grabs my wrist and pulls me into a hug, burying his face in my hair.
 
"Why are you such a jerk?..." I ask, resting my face on his hard, muscular chest.
 
"Force of habit." He chuckles. "Look, I'm sorry. I did originally want to see you scared, but when I heard about this place, I stayed so you wouldn't feel alone. I shouldn't be such a jerk. I'm sorry."
 
I sigh and hug him back. "It's only when we're alone that you're nice, Yongguk. I seriously at staying mad at people, so I... Forgive you."
__________________
 
OMGNS, I'M SO SORRY YONG-JIN FANS!! I'M NOT VERY GOOD AT THE ROMANCE STUFF, OR HORROR, OR PSYCHOLOGICAL, OR ANYTHING, SO I'M SORRY!! 
 
So please, forgive me!!!
 
I hate this chapter so much!! I can't do this! I'm going crazy! After a day of thinking, this is the crap I come up with.... FRIG! IMMA GO JUMP OUT A WINDOW NOW!
 
TOODLES!
 
SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!
 
Please don't kill me, please don't hurt me, please don't hate me.
 
I'm so distraught by this chapter... Can I have your opinion? If it's so bad, I'll take it down and re-write it completely (even if I really don't wanna...).
 
Commentaries:..... Why am I even doing this?...
 
Wow, He-Jin, you at aiming...
Oh look, this panda is jealous...
Yongguk, hold me...
I can't write horror stories to save my life...
Awe, Yong-Jin moment...
 
 
That was boring....
 
Anybody else notice I'm always bipolar with my commentaries? I'll bash He-Jin and then come back around and either support her of ask the matoki to marry me (or something along those lines).
 
I don't know what to do!!!
 
No riddles, or learn languages...
 
Thanks for blah blah blah...
 
Arigatogozaimasu....
 
Title quote: Reinhold Niebuhr
 
haerangy: thanks. It's a robotics club joke. I feel that if people are willing to comment about my writing, I should reply with much enthusiasm and kindness (or what I consider kindness).
 
hanma_: I respect you more BECAUSE you are crazy! The jealous/ angry Yongguk shows his insecure side, so of course he's loveable.
He-Jin is cool with the alien thing. How would you react in her situation? 
I wish I could animate the picture, but I can't do animation to save my life!
 
pretty_rania: just like what I was telling hanma_, it just shows he has a kind of cute side, so you aren't over reacting. Dorky Jongup makes the best dorky situations!
 
EXOticYummyPanda: oh, then you should try and make a deal, like 'if I get this mark in whatever class, you take me laser tagging!' I don't know, but that's how I got my parents to take me the first time.