Old friend, new friend, new look, old habits.

Alien Bunnies... Totally Normal!

 

I promised to protect you, and that's just what I'm going to do'...
 
Why has he suddenly changed? A few hours- no, minutes ago, we were insulting each other, trying to make the other look stupid. I don't understand why he would get so defensive about me. Before, he could care less if some guy touched me. I mean, I'm glad he was watching over me, but...
 
'I promised to protect you'..
 
Where did that come from? I wouldn't be so surprised if Jongup said those words. The guy always greets me with a hug. Even the others! I can easily expect those kinds of words from them, not Yongguk!
 
'I promised'...
 
SINCE WHEN!! Only one group said they would protect m- hold on. Let me think about this for a second...
 
NO EFFING WAY!!!
 
I snap my head to look at Yongguk, who's expression remains unchanged from the cold hard glare he had before. His body is stiff and hard, except the hand that's holding mine. It's barely touching, like he thinks of me as the thinnest piece of glass.
 
"Yongguk, say... Stupid woman." I ask and poke his shoulder.
 
"What? Why?" 
 
"Just say it."
 
".... Stupid woman."
 
I must be some really stupid idiot. I'm always told ignorance is bliss, but this is just ridiculous. I still can't believe it! And just to prove it, tears well up in my eyes as I enthusiastically throw my arms around the man beside me.
 
"H-He-Jin, what the-"
 
"I thought you guys left me forever!" I cry into his shoulder, my grip getting tighter.
 
"What are you talking about?!" Yongguk asks, not pushing me away.
 
I look at him, and furrow my eyebrows and stick out my bottom lip. "How could you guys be so mean to me? You turned into humans without telling me, and then just decided to leave me. Do you know how distraught I've been?" I let go and flick his forehead. "I'm always depressed, even people who don't know ask if I'm okay!"
 
"Well," Yongguk smirks and rubs the area on his forehead that I flicked, "that's your fault."
 
"No it isn't!" This time, I aim for his ear.
 
"Ow, WOMAN!!" He yells.
 
"Good, you feel pain." I slump back in my seat and cross my arms. "I should do that 100 times more, just so you know the pain I felt." I look out the window at the passing cars.
 
The night sky is so dark, but the billions of stars sprinkled across the midnight blue fabric make the sky a beautiful scene. Even though the city lights can get annoying, I appreciate their dimmed tone tonight, making the town look like the background of a movie. Cars zooming by beside the bus or in the opposite direction amplify the Doppler effect, their lights like lasers as they pass by.
 
My heart isn't as burdened, or as depressed, but now it feels betrayed, excluded. The constant beating reminding me of the waves of sadness that used to hit me one by one. My mind, slowly rotting from all my put-downs and blaming myself for the Matokis' leave, is being corrupted by confusion. I want to cry in their arms. I want to hug them, and jump for joy. I want to yell at them for doing that to me.
 
Then, something else crosses my mind. The Matokis are alien bunnies- now human- that don't have a proper home. They have a job, and six incomes, but where do they sleep, eat, live? Should I offer the empty rooms in my house? I can move to my parents' room and leave my room, the guest room, and the extra room in the basement for them; two people per room. Casey would be happy to see them again. She'll be surprised, but happy. I can call HyoJae over, and we can prepare the house. I think I'm liking this idea more and more.
 
"I'm... We're sorry."
 
Yongguk's voice cuts through my thoughts, bringing me back to the seat beside him.
 
"Huh?"
 
"We're sorry for leaving. It was hard, some of us more than the others, but when you saw me, slapped me, and yelled at me, we realized something." Yongguk's expression softens. He turns to look at me. "We haven't been protecting you, but causing you more trouble. You have to have two jobs because I happened to change into human form at the wrong time. And the fact that I kinda jumped out your window and blew up one of your rooms also added to it..." He scratches his temple and chuckles nervously.
 
"You guys did protect me, and you still are. Yes, occasionally, you did cause me misery, but the happiness you brought me pushed that aside."
 
"It took you a while to figure that out. That we're the Matokis."
 
"Oh shush!" I slap his arm. "My mind was too preoccupied to deal with the likes of you!"
 
"The likes of me?!" Yongguk throws his head back and laughs. "You truly are a stupid woman."
 
"You have an open mind, and a mouth to match." I retort.
 
"I enjoy talking to you, my mind needs a rest."
 
"I'm not going to get into a battle of wits with you; I never attack anyone who's unarmed."
 
I glare at him, and he sends it back. Suddenly, his lips curl into a smile, and mine do to. We're quiet for the rest of the bus ride home. Not an awkward silence, but the one you enjoy with friends.
•  •  •
 
"We're so sorry." Five blond guys are currently on the ground before me, bowing and begging for forgiveness.
 
"It's fine. Can you get up now please?" I glance behind me at the elderly couple walking by. Their eyes are glued on us, and their pace quickens. "People are staring!!" I whisper hoarsely.
 
The five stand up, dust themselves off, and smile. I roll my eyes and unlock my front door.
 
"Where have you guys been staying this past week?" I ask, taking off my shoes and throwing my bag onto the couch.
 
"Oh, Hangeng had us over for dinner a few times, but we spent most of out time sleeping in one of the downtown bars. The only reason the owner let us stay we because we attracted A LOT of female customers." Yongguk chuckles.
 
"Jongup, Zelo, Himchan, Youngjae and Daehyun attracted a lot of female customers. You were just dead weight!"
 
As you can see, I'm not int the best of moods...
 
 Casey runs down the stairs and straight into me, almost knocking me back into the guys. She wags her tail and acts cute. She notices the guys behind me, and acts even cuter.
 
"We missed you too, Casey!" Zelo picks my beagle up, spins her around, and hugs her.
 
I walk into the kitchen, and notice my phone got a message.
 
-Hey, He-Jin. It's been a while! A friend of mine is moving, and I thought I would take this opportunity to come visit you! Is it okay if we show up on Saturday? Oh, and may my friend come too? Please call me back, thanks!-
 
I pick up the phone and dial.
 
Ring ring.
 
-Yeoboseyo?-
 
"Hey, Minji! What happened to the 'I'm the quiet guy nobody knows about'? You seemed so excited on the phone."
 
-He-Jin! Well, I dunno... I guess I made some friends and they helped me open up.-
 
"That's wonderful news! Now, about you visiting. I don't mind if you and you friend visit. The Matokis wouldn't mind seeing you either, and believe me, when you see them, you'll be surprised."
 
-I can't wait! Thanks for letting us come over! Oh, and He-Jin?-
 
"Yeah?"
 
-I'm sorry about that kiss... But you don't have to worry anymore. I have moved on.-
 
"So, basically, you found someone else to stalk."
 
-... It's not stalking if she knows I'm there!-
 
"Okay, okay. Just make sure she doesn't call the police on you!" I laugh. "Nice to hear your voice again. Goodnight!"
 
-goodnight!-
 
I put down the phone and then dial another number.
 
-Yello?-
 
"Are you busy this entire week?”
 
-.... FINE!! I'll come over...-
 
"Love you, HyoJae!"
 
-whatever...-
 
I put down the phone again, and go into the living room, where the six matokis- ah, sorry. Six guys sit around, getting accustomed to the house again.
 
"Two can sleep in my room, two in the guest room upstairs, and two in the guest room downstairs."
 
"Dibs on He-Jin's room!!" Jongup yells, jumping up from the couch and running up the stairs with incredible speed.
 
"Yah!! Your leader should get the best room!!" Yongguk yells, running after him.
 
"And so should the second in command!" Himchan yells, following after. "Listen to your hyungs!!"
 
"Anyone else feel the need to yell and run upstairs?" I ask the last three.
 
"Daehyun hyung and I can take the the guest room upstairs." Says Youngjae.
 
"And Zelo?"
 
"I already know Jongup hyung is going to loose, so we'll take the room downstairs." Zelo smiles and stands up.
 
"Good, so we've come to an agreement."
 
•  •  •
 
"Yah! YAH!!" I yell, running as fast as I can. "Slow down!!!"
 
"I still can't believe it!!" HyoJae mumbles in astonishment and excitement as she runs beside me.
 
"Well, believe it, 'cause it's real."
 
So, I was a lot happier at school today, like you guys care. When I came home, I was happy six pairs of arms were open, welcoming me home. Okay, not six arms exactly. Jongup and Zelo did their usual: run to see who can hug He-Jin first. Youngjae was reading a book, so he quickly gave me a nod and went along to his business. Daehyun was too busy stuffing his face with my last slice of cake Inhyung's parents gave me. He got a flick in the forehead, I can tell you that. Himchan ruffled my hair, and Yongguk... He returned to his normal self.
 
A cold hearted, dim witted, obnoxious bastard. Pardon my language.
 
HyoJae came not long after, and you wouldn't believe who threw his arms around her.
 
Youngjae.
 
Of course, HyoJae kicked him between the legs, and violently pushed him down, not knowing who he was, but when I explained it to her, she gladly returned his hug. Now that put a smile on his face!
 
Oh, did I also forget to mention that Hyo broke her 'I don't talk around other people'? Well, she did, and the four years of almost never talking exploded and came out of , babbling on about how the guys have changed. Ever since that moment, she's been so relaxed, and talks freely.
 
I'm just glad other people can finally hear her sweet voice.
 
So, yeah. Hyo convinced me to take them to the mall to buy proper clothes for them. But, as soon as we walked in, the six blonds dashed off into different directions.
 
And that's where we are now.
 
"Who knew they could run so fast!" Hyo bends over, clutching her knees and panting for breath.
 
"I think Himchan went over ther-"
 
As I turn around, I bump into someone, stumbling back and falling onto Hyo.
 
"He-Jin!" A hand reaches down, grabs mine, and lifts me up. "What a coincidence to find you here!"
 
"Hey, Minji!" I high five him. "What's up?"
 
"Nothing much," he bends down and helps HyoJae to her feet. "Just chillin' with my friend. Hey HyoJae!"
 
"Hey! Long time no see!" She replies, sending him a smile.
 
Minji blinks a few times, before turning his gaze to me.
 
"Yeah, she talks now." I nod my head.
 
"Oh..."
 
"You gonna forget I exist, or what?" Someone says from behind my old friend.
 
"Ah, sorry." Minji steps aside, revealing a small girl. "This is the friend I was talking about. Her name is Xian Jaexing."
 
 
Hyo extends her hand and she takes it. "You have a really pretty name! Nice to meet you. My name's HyoJae, and this is my best friend, He-Jin."
 
"Nice to meet you!" I shake her hand.
 
"Man, Minji! You weren't kidding! She is a looker!" She girl laughs and slaps him in the back.
 
"What are you," *cough* "girls doing here?" Minji asks.
 
"Buying clothes and stuff for the matokis." I answer.
 
"Where are they? You used to carry them around in your arms."
 
"I can't carry them now." I look over at Hyo, and we both burst into laughter.
 
Can you imagine? Me, a twig like human carrying around Yongguk in my arms?...
 
FREAKING AWKWARD!!
 
"Noona!!" I hear Zelo yell in the distance. I turn in his direction.
 
"What?!"
 
"Can I get this, um... Skateboard, right?"
 
"What the- why do you want a skateboard?"
 
"Whoa! Nice design!" Jaexing stands in front of him and runs her hand down the side of the skateboard.
 
I look up at Zelo, and almost fall to the ground, laughing.
 
His eyes are HUGE! His height difference to Jaexing's is so big, yet the young matoki stares down in wonder. His eyes stay locked on her as she stares at the skateboard, her smile getting bigger. Then, he starts to blush.
 
"If you want this one, I can always pick another." Zelo passes her the skateboard, grabs my hand and drags me to the skate shop.
 
Once there, he searches for another skateboard, one that fits his tastes.
 
"Hey, dongsae. Why were you like that, around Jaexing?" I ask, looking at the helmets.
 
"That's her name?" Zelo looks at me and I nod in response. He smiles and picks out a board. "She's pretty."
 
"Whoa!! Do you.... Like her?!"
 
"What? No! I just met her!"
 
"Yeah, yeah, whatever. Can't hide anything from noona!" I pinch his cheeks and run out of the store.
 
"Noon-"
 
"Hey, you!" Jaexing yells, walking towards Zelo. "I didn't want the skateboard, I was just admiring it. Here." She passes him the skateboard.
 
"Thanks!" He smiles and goes back in the store.
 
"He-Jin! I saw this dessert parlour, and I was hoping you'd buy me some cake. Cheesecake specifically." Daehyun comes up behind me.
 
"Hold on a sec," Minji starts. He looks at Daehyun for a minute, then snaps his fingers. "Are you that pink bunny, the one who claimed pink was manly?" Minji asks.
 
"Yes! How'd you know?" 
 
"I recognized his voice."
 
"I worked with them for a week, and I only found out yesterday!" I throw my hand sin the air and scream.
 
"That's because you are a little slow." Daehyun pats my back.
 
"You-"
 
"Where were you guys?" Jongup runs up to us, followed by Youngjae and Himchan. "When we turned around, you weren't there."
 
"That's 'cause you guys are TOO FAST!!" Hyo says exasperatedly.
 
"Where's Yongguk?" I ask, looking around to see if he'd pop up at any given moment.
 
"We last saw hyung at the hair stylist." Youngjae answers.
 
•  •  •
 
"And because Yongguk did it, you guys had to do it too, right?" I glare at them. "Jongup, pink? Really?"
 
"What? I thought I looked good in it..." His shoulders drop and he begins to pout.
 
"Yes, okay. You do look good-"
 
"What about the rest of us?" Daehyun interrupts. (Hairstyles from Coffee shop MV)
 
"Yes!! You all look amazingly handsome!" I shout.
 
They nod in unison and continue to walk casually.
 
"We had to stay three more hours than we were planning to!!" HyoJae adds.
 
"Yeah, well, we also got out stuff!" Himchan smiles, each of them holding 6-7 bags full of who knows what.
 
"I'm glad I have a skateboard!" Zelo smiles, putting his foot down and pushing off again.
 
"I'm surprised you got the hang of it the moment you stepped on it!"
 
"Hangeng hyung would let me use his old skate board, and he gave it to me, but I broke it. By accident, of course!"
 
"What did you do, step on it?" Jaexing laughs.
 
"Yeah, actually."
 
Our whole group laughs.
 
"Well, it was nice seeing you guys again!" Minji passes me some of the bags and the rest to HyoJae. "We still on for Saturday?"
 
"Definitely." I reply with a smile.
 
"Great! Bye guys!"
 
"Bye Minji! Bye Minji's friend!" The guys wave.
 
"Bye Jaexing!" Zelo yells.
 
"Bye Zelo oppa!" She yells back and runs to catch up with Minji.
 
"That was fun. " I grin at them and we all hop on the bus.
 
Youngjae saves a seat for HyoJae, to which she gladly takes. Jongup whines about sitting with me, but once again, Himchan sits with him. The maknae is stuck with the devourer of desserts, and I'm stuck with....
 
YONGGUK.
 
We're both quiet for the bus ride home. I'm busy watching the world pass by, each person, car, building zooming by without a second thought. As the colours start to blend together, so do my thoughts, not dwelling on one specific idea. My eyelids feel heavy, and the glass on the window suddenly becomes as comfy as a pillow. Then, a thought is put in the spotlight.
 
"You never promised to protect me." I break the silence and look up at my insult rival, needing an answer.
 
Yongguk's hand twitches and he furrows his eyebrows, as if taken aback by my question, yet trying to keep his macho composure.
 
"Um... Jongup made me promise."
 
Call it a He-Jin instinct, but I feel as if he's lying, or hiding more information.
 
Or both.
 
It's just, his body became so stiff just now, and his hesitation when he replied leads me to further suspicion. Not to mention last night's incident. When he attacked that one guy and held my hand the whole ride home, I kind of...
 
Liked it.
________________
HEY YO ALL MY PEOPLE OF THE WORLD!!
 
This is not Psycho-panda, hence the colour change. She likes to call me the erted freak, or Snowflake, but I'd prefer to be addressed as ERTED-PANDA!!
 
So, yeah. The real author to this story is kinda having a breakdown, but she wrote out this chapter (and a few others) on paper, so I kinda stole them from her and typed them up (with her permission, of course. Hehehe...) Anyway, you might see a little more of me, but it depends if Psycho feels better.
 
AND ON CANADA DAY!!
 
All I know, is that when I barged into her house, she sent me a smile with red puffy eyes.
 
ANYWAY!!
 
I'm not sure how she manages to do these author's note, so I'll try my best. I was also told that she would never trust me again if I made this little blurb pg-14 to R, so there goes almost everything I was going to say.
 
Um, I hope you like the chapter. I mean, I liked it. MY FEELS!!
 
she's sorry for the long and bad chapter, but it had to be done. She's also sorry for the bad language. I'm not.
 
Psycho has become a co-author, thanks to BBVIPBaby. Check out her story, cause it's really good. One Shot [BAP]
 
She says thanks to Quenzie for yet another awesome poster!! It really makes the story and eye catcher (if that makes sense...)
 
I don't speak French, or Japanese, or German, or Icelandic, but I do speak English so...
 
SUPER RANDOM LEARN ENGLISH time:
When somebody calls you insane, they mean you're really crazy.
Yep...
 
Here's a riddle a found on the net. Message Psycho the answer:
I stand when I'm sitting, and jump when I'm walking. Who am I?
 
The previous riddle:
 Until I am measured,
I am not known.
Yet how you miss me,
When I have flown!
What am I?
 
I am Time.
 
Thank you EXOticYummyPanda for answering the riddle first, and for creating the wonderful character, Xian Jaexing.
 
Thanks so much for supporting Psycho and her story!
 
ARIGATOGOZAIMASU!!
 
Oh and do you like the title? I came up with it myself. YEAH!!
 
hanma_: That's a good point. I've read ahead, and the author has evil plans. Hehehehe.
 
Zeal95: I know, right? Crazy B2ST...
 
LilMin39: the little nerd got all A's!! I'M SO JEALOUS!! I just barely passed, and all she could do before was complain of how she was going to fail. Time to smack her!!
 
Quenzie: I wish so too...
 
I'm sorry if the links don't work, or if something is wrong. I'm pissed off cause I don't know how to do ANYTHING on AFF...
And if I forgot to give you credit for something... Blame the original panda. IT'S ALL HER FAULT!
 
 
 
and what do you think?
 

'