We work to become, not to acquire

Alien Bunnies... Totally Normal!

 

I lie down in my bed, the sound of soft breathing reaching my ears. I can't fall asleep tonight. My mind is racing. Deep within my thoughts, my brain works uncontrollably to fathom what had happened.
 
Shishi asked for a kiss?
 
I turn on my side and look at the matokis sleeping with Casey. Ever since their ship was destroyed, Casey willingly took them in.
 
Scratch that.
 
I am so sorry for lying to you. Casey DID NOT willingly let the matokis sleep with her. I had to give her good long lecture, which I'm sure she could care less about. I felt like a mother giving her teenage daughter a lecture about sharing and taking care of her siblings. Casey even had the eye roll and walk away! That dog...
 
 I watch as Shishi stands up and turns his head towards me.
 
My eyes snap shut.
 
I hear him grunt and yawn before the sound of the dog bed rustling reaches my ears. I open my eyes and sigh. I turn to lie down on my back and stare at the ceiling.
 
Tomorrow, I start my first day of work. I'M SO NERVOUS!!
•  •  •
 
"Hello, He-Jin!" Dada greets me as I walk through the door. "Can we go outside and look at the butterflies today?"
 
I place my bag on the couch and lift the green matoki up to eye level. Of course they didn't come with me to school today, and of course I love watching the butterflies with Dadamato, but I have other business to attend to. I have so much work to get done before 6:30 p.m., when I'll have to leave for my job.
 
"I'm so sorry, Dada, but I have a lot of work, and I have to leave for a bit tonight."
 
"What? Really? Why are you leaving?"
 
I don't want them to worry.
 
"I have to visit a friend of mine every few days from now on, okay? I'll tell you when I'm leaving and when I'll be back, but you can't come." I say to the matoki.
 
His ears drop and he looks down.
 
"Okay, He-Jin..." He looks up at me, "every few days, we'll have to leave as well. We need to do some experiments and you can't come along either!" Dadamato crosses his arms and turns his back to me.
 
"Oh fine." I kiss him gently before putting him down and running upstairs.
 
A few hours later, I get on the bus and head to my job. My totally new and exciting job.
 
"Five minutes before I was expecting you. Keep this up and I might actually like you!" The man from before says while I ride with him in the elevator.
 
I side glance at his tall figure. His hair is blonde, complementing his young and handsome face very well. He's wearing a dark suit with a blood red shirt underneath and a black tie. While he speaks, his voice is deep- though not the deepest I've heard- and is laced with a bit of a Chinese accent.
 
He turns to look at me and smirks.
 
"Like something you see?"
 
My eyes widen and my jaw drops. I feel a growing heat develop in my cheeks as my eyes dart to look at something else.
 
"No, sir. I-I just.... Um..."
 
The man throws back his head and laughs. 
 
"I'm joking. Loosen up a bit. It's not like I'm going to yell at you for being relaxed. I just can't tolerate laziness and tardiness, something that seems to be spreading through my office."
 
"I see... May I ask for your name?" I look up at him again.
 
"Oh, I didn't tell you? My name is Wu Yi Fan, but if you answer the phone and someone asks for Kris, that's me." He points to himself. "You are my nighttime secretary, since my company doesn't really get any calls at this hour. You now work for the 'Wu Shoe' company."
 
HOLY FREAKING COW!! I didn't even know I applied for a job at Wu Shoe! I mean, I thought it was some little old shoe company, but it turns out to be a huge corporation! And I'm talking to one of the millionaires behind it!! Nobody knows where the headquarters are, so it seems that this guy keeps everything safe and secret by making it look like an average shoe company. The other head is this wushu fanatic that travels to do business. Well, that explains the play on words with the name. 
 
I must keep calm.... 
 
"How do you want me to address you? Sir? Mr. Wu?" I ask, fiddling with my thumbs.
 
"You can continue with sir, or Mr. Wu, or just Wu Fan. Doesn't really matter to me."
 
The elevator finally comes to a stop, and my new boss leads the way out. The office is filled with employees in suits. My enthusiasm and energy slowly leaves my body as I start to feel more and more out of place. I'm and eighteen year old girl in loose jeans and a white blouse among older people in appropriate attire.
 
"Don't worry. It would be strange if you wore a suit, anyway." I hear my boss say. "There are a few reasons why I hired you, an inexperienced teen. One, a younger helper might help with sales to the younger target. Two, you seemed like you could really liven this place up. Too many old people." I snicker, but only loud enough for my boss to hear. "And three, I felt kinda bad when you told us your parents died. I made sure of that fact, and I'm sorry about your father."
 
"It's fine. It's taken me a while, but I've pretty much gotten over it." I smile to myself, and Kris turns around to look at me.
 
"If you ever need any help with anything, you know I'm free to help. I may be 22, but I'm not stupid." He smiles and looks straight ahead.
 
He shows me a little desk beside a big desk, covered in papers of all colours and sizes. To the right is a scanner, printer and paper shredder. And the desk itself is a Mac computer with a pretty purple flower field as the background.
 
"My girlfriend loves purple flowers, and when she comes in here, she always changes the background." Kris chuckles to himself and sits down at the larger desk. "Can you please organize all the paper work by date and redirect any calls for me, to me."
 
I nod and take my place among the vast world of paper. Green, blue, pink, yellow, all the colours of the rainbow thrown around in a clash of beauty, all different things to file. All different dates. The first thing I have to do is find the earliest date and work back from there. And I bet it's somewhere at the bottom of this five foot stack of papers in front of me...
 
Dang.
 
I bring my hand up to the pile, not even touching it, and the stack starts to shake. I hold onto it like my life depends on it's stability. To be honest, it kinda does. I mean, who wouldn't want to drown in pretty paper?
 
I'm raising my hand right now.
 
I breathe a sigh and grab my chair. The stack on the desk reaches to higher than me, so in order to get to the bottom, I'll have to remove the top.
 
By using this chair.
 
•  •  •
 
"You did exceptional work tonight, miss He-Jin! I can't wait to see you next week." Kris yells before hopping into his car.
 
I wave to him and he drives away. I blow my bangs out of my face and roll up my sleeves. A smirk creeps onto my face as I walk down the street, head high in the air as I near the bus stop.
 
Yeah, that's right! This girl fought a huge stack of paper, and won! Have you ever done that? I bet not. Oh well, to be you!
 
I finally get home and race upstairs to my room. I collapse on my bed. My eye lids become heavy as my breathing slows. Then, I feel something on my chest.
 
"Noona, you have a phone message." Toto tells me. 
 
I sigh, move the matoki off and reach for my phone.
 
-He-Jin, it's me, Han. Yeah, I kinda need you to come tomorrow as your first day. I have some other employees FINALLY and was hoping I could train all of you at once. I heard you go to  Koro high school. My cousin, Hangeng goes there. I've heard him talk about you, but I've never really listened. He'll be there too so you don't feel too uncomfortable. Please, don't be late!-
 
REALLY?! Now I'll have to wake up early tomorrow...
•  •  •  
 
I stand in front of my stove, flipping stupid pancakes for the matokis and their stupid leader.
 
Stupid.
 
"Dada loves He-Jin! Dada loves He-Jin!" I hear Keke says in sing song.
 
"I do not!" Dada whines.
 
I roll my eyes and put the pancakes on the plates. I turn around and put the plates in front of each matoki.
 
"This is you, Dadamato!" Joko chuckles.
 
Keke passes his a plate. "Please, at least try the pancakes, Dada." 
 
Joko picks off a piece and brings it closer to his mouth. Casey rubs herself against my leg, and I look down. I smile at her and look back up. Joko is chewing the pancake, and I miss the unveiling of his mouth. Again.
 
"I... I think I love your pancakes, He-Jin." Joko says.
 
"Why can't you love me?!" Keke screams in a high pitched voice.
 
Is he trying to imitate me?
 
The two stand and bow, only to be tackled by Dada.
 
"Guys, you've got it all wrong... It's Shishi, not Dada." Tats snickers.
 
"Oh shut up..." Shishi finishes his pancake and walks away.
 
"Why, Shishi, why? Don't leave!!" Keke screams from under the green matoki.
 
I flick the pink, white and yellow masked bunny before heading upstairs to change. After brushing my teeth and my hair, I step out of my room with a large coat covering my uniform. 
 
"Ehem." I hear a deep voice mutter.
 
"Yes?" I look down at the red matoki at my feet.
 
"We too will be heading out."
 
"Oh, okay."
 
"Good." Shishi walks past me and closes the door to my guest room down the hall.
 
The other matokis rush up the stairs and into my guest room. I shrug and head down to the kitchen. I put a cup of dog kibble and fill her water bottle. I pat her one final time before yelling goodbye and walking right out the door.
 
As if some unknown force is behind it all, my morning is not starting out well. 
 
As I walk by the park, some kid falls and hurts his knees. He cries and cries and asks me to take him to his mom.
 
On the other side of the park.
 
While I walk past a small corner store, some guys decides to try and steal a bit of cash.
 
I trip him and hand him over to the owner.
 
Then, six tall blondes accidentally bump into me while running past to catch the bus.
 
The bus I'm late for.
 
"Yah! YAH!!" I scream, waving my hand frantically as I run to catch the bus.
 
The bus slows down and the six blondes get on. I go in after them and slump down in my seat. I look to my left and see three of the six blondes from before. All I can say is that they are blonde and handsome! Dang!
 
The bus drives on until it stop in front of the Chinese restaurant from before. 'Han's Chinese Food' is the name, and being a waitress is my game. Hangeng steps out of the restaurant and greets me with a hug.
 
"He-Jin! How're ya doin'?" He asks.
 
"I'm fine. Almost late for the bus, but fine." I smile. "You're Han's cousin?"
 
"Yeah. Our names are different, but we are related...Hey!" He waves behind me. I look in the direction, and anger takes over.
 
It's him. That man. I've seen him before. My blood's hot as it courses through my veins, my heart boiling it as it passes by.
 
"You!" I walk up to him and slap him hard in the cheek. "You're the reason I need so much money! You're the reason I need two jobs! All because of you!" I scream and stomp my foot.
 
"I-I swear it's not my fault!" He backs away and puts up his hands up in defence.
 
"...Shishi?"
______________
Okay, so that was fun. I'm sorry if it seems rushed, or if the chapter isn't good. ARG.... I'm tired...
 
I have a history exam on Monday, and I don't wanna do it.
 
Right, on with the commentari-
 
DADAMATO!! I'LL TOTALLY GO OUTSIDE AND WATCH THE BUTTERFLIES WITH YOU!!
Oh Kris... Why are you so handsome... 
YOUR COMPANY NAME?!?
He-Jin has a lot of work~! He-Jin has a lot of work~!
Shishi is not stupid! He's cute!
Oh Keke and Joko... That is so NOT how Dada pictures it. It's more like:
 
"Dadamato... Can you love me?" He-Jin gently leans on the tree and watches as Dadamato (in his ideal human form a.k.a Jongup) stands in the open field.
"Of course!" He runs and wraps his arms around He-Jin, bringing her as close as he can to his heart. "I will love you forever..." He lifts her chin up and leans in until their lips are millimetres apart.
(This is where the jealousy of my bias comes in and takes over)
Suddenly, a sixteen year old girl in a full body panda suit (me, the Psycho-panda) takes He-Jin out of Dada's arms, tosses her off a (conveniently placed) cliff, grabs bias by the collar and kisses him instead.
Yep. Happy ending.
 
HANGENG!! how're YOU doing?
Oh snap!! Oh snap!! Is that Shishi's voice she hears? How are the mysterious blondes (are you kidding me? We already know, right?)
 
Now, onto other things...
 
Did you like the name of his company? I was bored and that's what I came up with. Yes, Tao will show up sometime....
 
Does anybody know how to study WITHOUT getting distracted? I don't...
 
OH!! OH!! I rewrote a part of one of this story's chapters and gave it to my history teacher (the stupid one who's really good at English) to read, and she loved it! She said I was very poetic with my words.
I also had a friend of mine read it, and she said she would love to read the rest. Of course, when I told her it's really a fanfiction, she threw her head back and laughed while walking away....
 
Yeah...
 
I watched Superman, Man of Steel today with my dad for Father's Day... My love grows even stronger for Marvel super heroes... Never really liked DC comics, but Batman is still the best DC super hero. The actor for Superman isn't even all that handsome! (This is coming from a sixteen year old girl who still thinks boys have cooties... Yuck)
 
ANYWAY!!
 
SUPER RANDOM LEARN FRENCH time!!!!
Champion = champion
Mushroom = champignon
I love mixing them up to drive people crazy...
 
JE SUIS LA CHAMPION DES PANDAS!! I am the champion of the pandas.
JE SUIS LA CHAMPIGNON DES PANDAS!! I am the mushroom of the pandas.
 
Oh French....
 
Riddle time!!!: (message me if you know the answer):
What ends everything always?
 
Thanks for the votes, comments and support you guys have been giving me!
 
ARIGATOGOZAIMASU!!
 
Title quote: Elbert Hubbard
 
pretty_rania1: yeah, I wonder...
 
kitchi: hello! So glad you enjoy it! I hope my luck doesn't run out with this story...
 
StoryReader888: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
 
hanma_: thanks a mil! My parents are forcing me to take my friends Go karting.... Seems fun. And sadly, Hangeng is from school, so I'm putting him in like this. Who's Wu Chun? Will I be killed for asking that question? Luhan MIGHT come later. Dunno.
 
BBVIPBaby: Thanks a lot! I'll try to make this birthday memorable. No guarantee! I'm also glad you love my story! HWAITING!! ☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
 
KPOP4life_SHINee: thanks! And I also hope YOU have a good day as well!
 
roarimadinosaur: thank you! Happy birthday to you too! (It's not your birthday, is it...)
 
minniebubble12: I'll hide in your suitcase!
 
Zeal95: invite? Ask and I'll tell you. (Invite what?)
 
AND THANK YOU  StoryReader888 AND -Kawaii_Panda FOR THE VOTE!!