Big meanie stole my answer....

Alien Bunnies... Totally Normal!

 

"Just show them."
 
"I refuse."
 
"Why? What have you got to lose?"
 
"What have I got to lose?! Oh, I don't know. Maybe the little sliver of confidence I had left, respect, my morals and principles, my-"
 
"Will you stop it already? You look beautiful. Now," HyoJae turns around and pulls out some things from her bag. "Will you please do my makeup?"
 
Though I have never out makeup on myself, I do have artist-like skills, so back in the day when Min was still here, she'd have a bunch of girls over, along with HyoJae and I, to celebrate her birthday. Min would brag about my makeup skills and I'd be asked-FORCED- to do the girl's makeup. I found enjoyment, as each one was very different from the last and each would be yet another master piece, if I say so myself.
 
"There," I spin HyoJae around to face the mirror and a large, cheerful grin shows up on her face.
 
"I look so beautiful!" She gasps, leaning in to get a more detailed look at herself.
 
"Oh please. You looked beautiful before." I smirk and pack up the makeup.
 
"You frame masterpieces, right? You have just framed my face with fine work." HyoJae smiles again, but soon looses that smile and starts to glare at me. "Don't you dare put that makeup away!" She screams, pouncing on me.
 
Before I could react and escape, HyoJae ties me to the chair and stuffs a piece of cloth into my mouth. A few beads of sweat drip down the side of my face as I stare in terror at my best friend. She smiles evilly and pulls back out the makeup I was trying desperately to put away.
 
"You aren't going to get away that easily, sweetie." HyoJae holds my chin up so I could look her in the eyes. "I'm going to frame that beautiful face of yours if it's the LAST thing I do!"
 
If somebody were to walk in on us right now, they'd immediately think this is a scene pulled out of one of those horror movies, where the psychotic girlfriend ties up the only thing that threatens her and holds a knife up to the victim's neck, but in this case, she's holding up something worse.
 
A brush covered in foundation.
 
There is a quick knock on the door, and Himchan walks inside.
 
"Youngjae wanted to know when you two-" Himchan stays frozen in his tracks and stares at the two of us.
 
I look into his eyes, hoping he sees the fear in my eyes and sets me free.
 
"I'll leave you two to finish up..." Himchan slowly backs up and closes the door. Not long after, a hear the sound of feet running away.
 
He saw my fear, alright, but he did NOTHING to help me!
 
"Good, no more distractions!" HyoJae snickers and turns back to me.
 
•  •  •
 
"I hate you so much." I mumble to HyoJae, who sits beside me in the car.
 
"I know." She smiles genuinely and rests her head on Youngjae's shoulder.
 
Her father stops in front of her school, and the three of us get out. Hyo's father drives away and  her and her boyfriend walk into the gym where the prom is being held. I notice TONS of absolutely gorgeous girls with beautiful makeup and amazing dresses, and suddenly, my humiliation hits me on the head.
 
I'm here in a white blouse with a short black skirt and black tights. My makeup doesn't look well on me, so I stand out like a cow among white swans. 
 
Now do you see why I do not want to go to my own prom? 
 
It's bad enough I hate my life and life in general. Seeing all these beautiful girls makes me berate myself and my looks, dropping me lower and lower into that dark abyss.
 
I take a few steps back, increasing the distance between me and utter mortification. Suddenly, I feel myself being pushed from behind and the gymnasium comes closer and closer. I stop right at the doors, and an arm rests on my shoulders.
 
"You look beautiful. Don't doubt yourself, okay? If you do, you really are a stupid woman."
 
I spin around and face the last person I expected to see. Yongguk. Might I add he looks INCREDIBLE in a black tuxedo?
 
"Hyo invited you too?" I ask as he pushes me further inside.
 
"She told me you'd try to run away," he turns and leads me to the table HyoJae and Youngjae are sitting at. "Turns out, she was right." I pulls out a chair for me and I sit down, Yongguk sitting right next to me.
 
"Yongguk! You came!" HyoJae hugs him and sits back down.
 
"I must admit, I'm surprised too, leader." Youngjae sneers and Yongguk scoffs as response.
 
What's the theme of this prom anyway. Look sparkly? 'Cause that's a very common trait with these girls' dresses. A good reason to think HyoJae's dress is the most decent. One, I hate sparkles. They get EVERYWHERE. And two, Hyo's dress is simply, but incredibly beautiful, like a piece of writing that goes straight to the point. No annoying distractions or unnecessary extras. Just plain and simple.
 
Her dress is a dark red colour, one that suits HyoJae the best. The dress is strapless with a straight-cut top. The dress goes down to her knees, a black sash tied around her waist, marking the part where the dress goes from tight to loose, flowing gently and evenly over her body.
 
"This is my first time dancing, so I'm trying my best." Youngjae extends a hand and HyoJae takes it. The matoki leads her to the dance floor and gracefully glides her across.
 
"First time my foot!" I yell at him.
 
"That guy is as smooth as he is cunning." Yongguk mutters.
 
"That was a perfect comparison." I admit, watching the two dance as if they're the only ones in the room.
 
I swear, the amount of love sparks flying between those two could light a house! Good thing I'm never getting in between them.
 
"You're going to have a prom soon, right?" Yongguk asks.
 
"Yeah, but I don't really plan on going." I sink lower in my seat, trying to avoid the eyes of some of the girls sitting at the table next to us, they've been giving me the dirty look for a while now, but log long at Yongguk, who happily ignored them.
 
"Why not?"
 
"Because, I don't belong in these kinds of places." A girl from the table next to us walks over to Yongguk.
 
"Oppa, do want to dance with me?" She flutters her long eyelashes and touches Yongguk's arm.
 
I hold back my laughter when Yongguk looks down at the place she touched like it was covered in slime and looks back up at her like she was the slimiest thing in existence.
 
"Don't you already have a date?" He gestures to the jealous-looking boy left at the table. "I'd rather not end up on his hit list." The song changes from a slow one to a fast techno, putting a smile on the girl's face.
 
"Ignore him. Come and have some fun with me." She pulls him out of his chair and into the crowd of people, completely out of my sight.
 
I sigh and play with the cutlery. My loneliness ends abruptly when Yongguk quickly returns and glues himself to his seat.
 
"Leave me alone!" He says to the girl.
 
"But oppa-"
 
"I tried to be nice and say I only rejected you because of your original date, but in reality, you just aren't my type." The girl's jaw drops, and I quickly chug down some water, an attempt at hiding my sneer. "I'm not interested in the weird girls I'm seeing more often on this planet," Yongguk takes a quick look around the room before looking back at the girl. "You wear to much makeup and you think you can get any guy because your skirt's so short," he points to it, "and because anybody can pretty much see your s." Yongguk cups his hands and places them on his chest.
 
I spit on my water and run straight for the bathroom. Once inside, I laugh until my sides hurt. I calm down completely before returning to find Yongguk clutching his cheek and a helpless look on his face.
 
"Her hands hurt." He fake sniffs. I chuckle and sit down.
 
The songs changes back to slow after a few more high energy songs, and HyoJae and Youngjae come back to our table.
 
"Had fun?" I ask.
 
"Yep!" HyoJae smiles and sits on Youngjae's lap. She looks back at him and contorts her face on annoyance. "First time my foot!"
 
"That's what I said!" I look and Yongguk and he nods.
 
"Have you two danced yet?" Youngjae asks, directing the question more at Yongguk than me.
 
"No." We answer in unison.
 
"Shoo!" HyoJae practically yells, causing me to flinch.
 
I open my mouth to protest, but I'm already on my feet and being dragged to the dance floor by 'my date'.
 
"I don't know how to dance either, so sorry if I step on your feet." Yongguk whispers into my ear.
 
"That...makes two of us."
 
We dance for a bit, slowly rocking from side to side. I calmly enjoy his company and allow him to lead me, letting only the music be with us. It takes me a while to realize I'm still in his arms after four songs. While his arms have been wrapped around my waist and his head resting on mine, my arms have been around his neck and my head resting on his chest. I clear my throat and we both pull apart, my senses slowly coming back to reality.
 
We walk back to our seats and pretend like nothing happened.
 
•  •  •
 
"Thanks for the dance." HyoJae stands on her tippy-toes and plants a small kiss on Youngjae's lips.
 
"Anytime." Youngjae pulls her and leans down, recapturing her lips.
 
"Get a room!" Yongguk snickers, walking inside my house.
 
"No funny business, you two." I wave my finger jokingly at the two, and Hyo sticks her tongue out in response.
 
I enter my house and close the door, giving those two lovebirds some privacy. I notice Yongguk slip into the basement, and I follow after him. The other matoki are busy building the newer better version of their spaceship. Himchan and Zelo are busy working on tightening the tiny bolts on the soon-to-be legs and Jongup helps Daehyun put a few cut out pieces together. Jongup looks at me and then at Yongguk. His face twists in disgust before going back to work.
 
What was that all about?
 
"What are we trying to get done tonight?" Yongguk asks, crouching in front of Himchan.
 
"We're doing the underside of the ship and the legs. Tomorrow morning, well work on putting the base down and properly inserting the electronics." Himchan looks at Yongguk, then me, then the door behind us. "Where's Youngjae?"
 
"Busy locking lips with his girl." Yongguk answers bluntly, picking up a random piece to inspect. Zelo snickers childishly and Himchan shakes his head.
 
"Well, when he comes back, he's going to work on the electronics."
 
"Right. I'll change and come and help." Yongguk stands up and walks up the stairs, disappearing from the basement.
 
"I'm going to go to sleep, so I'll see you guys in the morning." I wave to the group and follow Yongguk's path. Just before I start my journey up the stairs to the top level, Youngjae walks into the house with the biggest grin I have ever seen in my life.
 
"Happy?" I ask, one eyebrow high in the air.
 
"Very." He replies.
 
"Good. You'd better not break her heart, or I'll break you." I hiss. Fear flashes across his eyes before a smile takes over once again.
 
"She's lucky to have a friend like you."
 
"And the matokis are lucky to have a brainiac like you, so hurry up and change so you can help them."
 
Youngjae nods and rushes up the stairs. I walk to my room, take a shower and change into pyjamas. As soon as I sprawl my tired body onto my bed, I pass right out.
 
I wake back up and check my clock. I slept for three hours, and forgot to get my delicious glass of hot-chocolate-before-bed drink. I sling out of my bed, quietly race down the stairs and run straight for he frigid. I pour my glass of milk and pour that into a small pot. I place the pot on a burner of the stove, and just before I turn it on, I hear a grunt right outside my window. I freeze, making sure I heard it right.
 
I hear it again, with the phrase 'selfish bastard' following it.
 
I walk towards my sliding window and open it, carefully slipping onto the patio.
 
There, in the middle of my yard, is Yongguk sprawled out in pain on the grass while Jongup rubs his right fist. He looks at me and smirks.
 
"You know, you could have just remained the annoying jerk," Jongup leans down and picks Yongguk up by the collar. "But no. You had to go and start liking her, too."
 
Is Jongup talking about his crush? No way! Yongguk likes her too?... And to think, he may have had some feelings for me. Well, there goes that idea. Right down the drain, along with my feelings.
 
A hear a murmur come out of Yongguk's voice, loud enough for only Jongup to hear.
 
"Say that again?" Jongup lifts the elder up higher.
 
"I said I'm sorry." Yongguk's voice comes out pained and weary.
 
"You're sorry?!" Anger flashes across Jongup's face before a completely visible tear slides down the side of his face. He lift's his leader up onto his feet and lets him go, taking a few steps back and assuming a fighting stance. "Fight me."
 
"I'm not going to fight you," Yongguk grunts. "You can hurt me all you want. I never meant to take He-Jin away from you."
 
No. He didn't just say my name. He didn't. He couldn't have... Don't tell me Jongup's crush is synonymous to me! How could I have been so dense! All those kind gestures and longer hugs...he's always liked me, and I was too stupid to notice. Wow, He-Jin, you have sunk to a whole new level of stupidity and ignorance.
 
"I said fight me!" Jongup launches forwards and punches Yongguk hard in the stomach, remaining close to his leader. "Remind me why you're the leader, why you're the strongest." Jongup uses his left hand and lands a punch straight to Yongguk's jaw, sending his stumbling back. "Remind me why you're more suited at protecting her!" He yells, a few tears escaping his anger filled eyes.
 
"I'm not going to fight you." Yongguk hisses, wiping away the blood trickling down from the corner of his mouth.
 
Jongup puts down his hands and looks back at me. "This is not a fight to see who get's the girl." The man sniffs and wipes away his tears. "This is a fight so I can pass her onto you. I know she'd be happier with you, and I'm prepared to accept that and support her."
 
"I swear," Yongguk holds his stomach and stands as straight as possible, which is really just hunching over in pain. "I never meant to hurt you. I just..."
 
"Fell head over heals for her." Jongup finishes his sentence, walking up to his leader to help him standing up. "I know. She's a hard one to resist."
 
"You know it all to well, my friend." Yongguk chuckles. He sighs deeply before looking up at Jongup. "You liked her first, so I'm ready to back off. Just say the word."
 
"Though I would love that, I can't force her away from you. She likes you just as much as you like her." Jongup looks again at me.
 
"Really? How can you tell?"
 
"Hyung, you are just as dense as her!" Jongup throws back his head and laughs. "But remember. If you break her heart," Jongup smirks at me and walks back towards the house, "I'll break you." He winks at me before walking inside and closing the door behind him.
 
Yongguk looks at me and his eyes widen. He turns towards my back fence and starts limping as fast as possible away from me.
 
"Yah, you big jerk!" I yell out at him. He stills his movement but doesn't look back at me. I storm over to his hunched figure and stand right in front of him, arms crossed and eyebrows furrowed in anger. "You're lucky you didn't hurt Jongup."
 
"Lucky I didn't hurt- woman! Can you not see I took all the beating?!"
 
"I can see that, but your thick skull should have taken most of the impact!" I put my index finger on his forehead and he swats it away.
 
"You. Are. Impossible." He grumbles.
 
"I try to be." I very carefully lift up his left arm and drape it over my shoulder. I place my right arm around his waist and allow him to rest his body weight on mine.
 
"What are you doing?!"
 
"Taking the annoying back inside."
 
"... Thanks."
 
"Anytime!" I smile up at him. 
 
After what seemed like hours, we finally make it to his room, where I forcefully push him onto the bed and go and fetch the first aid kit. He hisses and whines like a baby when I apply the rubbing alcohol to the cuts he received when I fell on a few rocks. I almost punch him in the arm to get him to stop complaining about it, but I'd be hurting him rather than helping. I put some soothing cream on his bruises and put an ice pack on his black eye.
 
"I heard the whole thing." I blurt out while packing up the first aid kit.
 
"You did?!" Yongguk tries to sit up, but I immediately push him back down, avoiding eye contact. "Well, is it true?"
 
I let the question hang in the air, giving it no immediate response. I pull the covers over the man and walk to the door. "I ask you that same question." I say over my shoulder.
 
"Yes. It is true."
 
I let out a sigh of relief and smile to myself, holding back any urge to run and hug him. "You stole my answer." And with that, I close the door and walk back downstairs to get my delicious hot chocolate.
______________________
 
Double update as an apology for not writing anything in a while! I also apologize for my writing mistakes...And sorry if the events in this chapter are all of a sudden...
 
Yeah. Too late for any of my usual randomness.
 
This story has passed my previous succeeded story, I See You~!, in views and subbies.
 
Did I ever tell you I love you guys?
 
THANKS FOR OVER TWO THOUSAND VIEWS!
 
Goodnight! I hope you dream of your bias(es) and blah blah blah...
 
Thanks for reading! Please, keep the comments coming! I like talking to people. It makes me feel... Happy.
 
ARIGATOGOZAIMASU!
title quote: my best friend, Minnie.
 
 I still need to find a dress for He-Jin's prom....