Oops, I did it again~!

Alien Bunnies... Totally Normal!

 

"Inhyung, please... I'm not in the mood this morning...." I snap, covering my face with my left hand.
 
"Sorry, sunbae..."
 
I sigh deeply. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't take my grief out on you." I pat his back and smile.
 
My morning has been the second most depressing morning of my life! It's been a week since 'they' left, and I have to continually remind myself that they are no longer around.
 
Call it separation issues.
 
I even woke up this morning and went all around the house, searching everywhere for the six aliens, only to remember that they left. Ship and all. 
 
If a stranger were to walk into my house, they wouldn't ever guess that I harboured Matokis. But to me, I see everything. The place they first crash landed, where I threatened to throw Shishi away, where they all agreed to stay and protect me.
 
Everywhere I look, something about the Matokis still linger. Even if it was something insignificant, like where Keke spilled his popcorn after Joko tackled him. I remember it all.
 
"Now, from what I've been teaching you, and how you've progressed, I expect a good mark on your math test today, okay?" I eye Inhyung. He puts up his hands in defence and smiles nervously.
 
"H-He-Jin sunbae, I'll do fine..."
 
"Riiiiiight." I roll my eyes and laugh.
 
Inhyung and I walk though the front gates and separate to go to our classes. 
 
I know you could care less about my day, and mine about yours, but I didn't have the Matokis with me. Yes, for a while, they went with Inhyung, but now the feeling of returning to six tiny open arms is gone. Casey is even in a depressed mood.
 
The longer my day drags on, the more I sigh and dwell on that idea. The more my heart hurts as pangs of loneliness clash with my spirit. I talk less with familiar people, and brush past strangers without so much as a hello. Should I really have been so casual about it? Should I have let them leave without a hug? Could I have dropped all sense of pride and asked them to stay? Would I have really wanted them to?
 
Shoulda, woulda, coulda.
 
Regrets, after regrets, after regrets.
 
Walking alongside Inhyung on the way home, I look through my iPod pictures, the ones with each Matoki. I say goodbye to my companion, go inside my house, change my clothes, and walk to the bus stop.
 
Guess who's there?
 
Not six matokis, but six annoyingly familiar blond boys.
 
"Noona!!" Zelo runs and hugs me, almost causing us to topple over onto an elderly couple.
 
Zelo finally let's me go, and Jongup takes his place. What is with them? We all board the bus.
 
"Why do I have to sit with hyung?" I hear Jongup whine. "I wanna sit with He-"
 
"Just shut up and sit down!" Himchan orders.
 
I roll my eyes and take an empty two-seater. Almighty weirdo, Yongguk, takes the seat beside me without any thought.
 
"Why can't I have the pleasure of your absence?" I groan, resting my head on the cool bus window.
 
"I wish we were better strangers." He mumbles.
 
"Is your family happy, or do you go home at night?" I look at him and raise an eyebrow.
 
The bickerings between Yongguk and I are just like the ones Shishi and I used to exchange. One insult would be thrown out of the blue, and suddenly, we're serving them back and fourth, an ace each time.
 
The bus stops in front of the restaurant, and the seven of us get off. I grab my note pad, tie up my hair, and walk to the kitchen.
 
"Hey!" I wave to Han, who's cleaning up some green goofy mess. He waves back.
 
I continue walking until I see Hangeng. He's crouched over some boxes, sticking different labels on them. He notices me and stands up.
 
"I didn't see you at school. Are you okay?" Hangeng puts both hands on my shoulders and bends down to my eye level.
 
HUNDREDS of girls would wish to be me right now. I swear, my school is the gathering of some of the most good looking people I've ever seen. There are no queenkas, or kingkas of our school, but girls and boys from others have snuck in just to go crazy about some of the students. Once in a while, you get the terrifying sasaeng fan, who just doesn't know when to stop. Hangeng knows full well their capability.
 
He's told me stories of him being stalked home and had pictures taking of him without his permission. Well, if he wasn't my friend, if I had nothing better to do with my life, and if I believed he would love me if I took 1000 pictures of him, I would be a stalker, 'cause he is handsome!
 
"Yeah." LIES! "I was just studying with some friends," LIES! "and I feel like taking a nap," LIES- no wait... That's the truth.
 
"Okay, but tell me if something is wrong." I nod, and Hangeng goes back to labelling.
 
I walk out into the main part of the restaurant, when arms wrap around me from behind.
 
"Is He-Jin okay?" Jongup asks, placing his head on my shoulders.
 
"Yeah, and I gave you permission to do this." I say sarcastically.
 
"Ah, sorry." Jongup backs away and rubs the back of his neck. "I just... You... Remind me of someone special."
 
"Oh." I think for a moment, when an evil smile creeps on my face. "Is she your... Crush?"
 
Jongup's face turns completely red. He puts up his hands and shakes his head, muttering something undefined.
 
"Jongup, properly articulate your words please." I say slowly.
 
He clears his throat and looks to the floor, drawing circles with his foot. "I guess... I mean, I do like her, but my friends never let me get close to her."
 
"Tragic love story..." I quietly and secretly make a barfing noise, but regain my composure before Jongup notices. "How long have you known her?"
 
"... A month."
 
"Wow. Well, all I can say is, good luck!" I pat his back and stand by the door.
 
Family upon family pile through the door. Some with three, some with seven. I serve with a smile, and forget about the depressed mood I had earlier today. One family, a mom, dad and their sixteen year old son, bicker furiously as they walk though the door.
 
"You can't be friends with them anymore! They are a bad influence!" The mother yells.
 
"You can't keep dictating who my friends are!" The son yells back.
 
The father pushes past the two and walks towards me. "May we please have a table for three?"
 
I nod and show them the way to an isolated table on the far end of the restaurant. The father says thank you and pushes his family in. I place their menus out in front of them.
 
"Would you like some water or other beverages to start with?" I ask.
 
"Yes. May I please have some water?" The mother asks, tiredly smiling towards me.
 
"Of course! And you, sir?"
 
"Do you have any juice?"
 
"What kind are you hoping for?"
 
"Apple. I feel for that tonight."
 
"Then coming right up!" I look to their son, who has his arms crossed and sits slouching in his seat. "And what do you want, young man?"
 
"To get out of this crumby, half-star restaurant and go somewhere actually worth my time!" He snaps.
 
"Hey!" His father yells.
 
"It's fine, sir." I look back to the boy and bend down to his eye level. "Well, I'm sorry if you think this restaurant is half-star, but the people who work here are six-star quality."
 
"There's no such thing as six-stars-"
 
"Who said? Back in the day, people said the sun revolved around us, but turns out it's the other way around. People used to say woman weren't even people, but who dictates that? I will bring you out our best cooked meal for you to try. If you think it's still a half-star restaurant with half-star food, then I will quit my job and never go to university!"
 
"Why would you do all that, just so I would like the food?" The boy's expression softens just a bit, and he sits up in his chair.
 
"Why?" Yeah, He-Jin, why? "Well, because. If I can't prove to you that the owner puts his heart, mind and soul into making this restaurant amazing, then how am I ever going to prove that I'm a hard worker?"
 
The boy stares at his napkin for a while, before looking back up at me. "I-I'll try the food."
 
"Perfect!!" I stand up and smile. "I will be right out with your drinks and food."
 
Way to go, He-Jin! You've lightened the mood of a sixteen year old! 
 
I walk into the kitchen, and continue past Han. I pull out a medium sized pot and different spices.
 
"And what do you think you're doing, miss He-Jin?" Han stands beside me, hands on his hips and a sneaky look in his eyes.
 
"I'm going to make some sesame chicken." I answer, not looking at him.
 
"Right." Han walks away.
 
This is also why Han is awesome. I can come in and make my own food and he doesn't seem to care.
 
Right! Now, for the recipe...
 
Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. Mix the marinade ingredients and marinate the chicken for 20 minutes.
 
20 minutes? I ain't got twenty minutes! I guess I'm gonna have to buy time... I quickly read the rest of the instructions...
 
To prepare the sauce:.
 
Mix together all of the sauce ingredients. Pour them into a small pot and bring to a boil, stirring continuously. Turn the heat down to low and keep warm while you are deep-frying the chicken.
 
To deep-fry the chicken:.
 
Add the marinated chicken pieces a few at a time, and deep-fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and then place chicken in warm oven (130 degrees) while you continue frying. Repeat with the remainder of the chicken. Just before you are finished deep-frying, bring the sauce back up to a boil.
 
Place the chicken on a large platter and pour the sauce over. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve the Sesame Chicken with rice.
 
I run back to the family, give them their drinks and their food orders, and run back to the kitchen to deliver the order to Han. While I wait, I'll tend to the other guests.
 
I go back to my first family and serve them their food...except the boy's, so I preoccupy him with some of Han's famous appetizers. I pray he likes them. 
 
I go back to the kitchen and complete my cooking master piece. I walk out with elegance and place the dish in front of the boy.
 
 
"He-Jin, can you please clean table 5 and 7?" Himchan asks, walking past me to serve some others. I nod and head to table 5.
 
"Hey." Yongguk says, bringing a box of glasses and cutlery.
 
"Hello," I reply, not looking at him.
 
"You okay? You seem a little jittery." 
 
"I'm betting everything on my cooking." I mumble.
 
"You cooked for one of the customers?" Yongguk stops wiping down the table next to mine, and stands up straight.
 
"Yep! And I really hopes he likes it, or it's the last time I'm ever working here..." I finish cleaning the table and start placing the cutlery. As I pick up a knife, it slips out of my hand and cuts my palm.
 
NOT the first time...
 
Yongguk, in a flash of speed, picks up the knife, grabs my wrist, and drags me towards the kitchen. He says something to Han before putting the knife down and forcing my hand under the running water of a sink.
____________________
 
Is it just me, or is this fanfic no longer a fanfic. I mean, there are so few moments when the main characters talks or interacts with the idols. The story is really starting to fall, isn't it.
 
Don't lie me! I can see right through you! *uses x-ray goggles*
 
Right. This chapter originally had more to it, but I cut it down to size, so you don't hate me. I hope this and the next chapter are to your liking. The next chapter will probably come tomorrow (after my history exam) or Thursdays (after I learn I failed the history exam, as well as my math, French and English...)
 
May I please ask for someone to come up with a good couple name for your favourite couple? (You know who I'm talking about!) I'm not very creative in that area.
 
Thank you so much MerongforU, TinaMF and Punie-channie for thanking me for the story after I thanked you for subscribing.
 
Thank you for thanking me after thanking you. I love you.
 
Thank you Quenzie and EXOticYummyPanda for the up vote.
 
 
I just realized it's almost been two months since this story started, and it has over 1000 views, with 6 votes and 39 subbies... NO ONE POSSIBLY BE HAPPIER THAN ME RIGHT NOW!
 
Yes, I'm that depressed that this easily makes me super happy.
 
Onto the commentaries...
Don't go snappin' at dat boy, He-Jin!
it up! They left! Move on.
Yongguk, you can be as mean as you want to her.
Does it look like she's okay, Hangeng?!
You are her! Seriously, how many girls does Jongup really know? (In this story)
No! You can't water!
Imma slap you, boy! How DARE YOU CALL THE RESTAURANT HALF-STAR!!
You had better try da food.
HELLO YONGGUK!!
Not the first, really? You !
*gasp* Yongguk!
 
I respect the people who actually read these things... Because they put up with absolute CRAP!
Pardon my... German.
 
LilMin39 answered my previous riddle:
2 fathers and 2 sons go fishing. Each of them catches one fish. So why do they bring home only 3 fish?
 
The answer: only 3 men were there; granddad, dad, and son. (Granddad and dad are both fathers while dad and son are both sons).
 
Good job!! Guess I'm bringing back Minji! Some how...
 
Riddle time!!!: (message me if you know the answer)
I can run but I can't walk, a mouth but I can't talk, a head but I can't think, a bed but I can't sleep. Who am I?
 
 
SUPER RANDOM LEARN FRENCH time!!!!
"J'aime du fromage."
I like cheese.
 
YOU DO! OMGNS, WE CAN TOTALLY BE FRIENDS NOW!
 
Please, comment, subscribe and vote! I would love to hear your opinion, and predictions!
 
ARIGATOGOZAIMASU!
 
 
Quenzie: WELCOME BACK!
 
Zeal95: I LOVE THE QUADRUPLE CHIN! So cute~!
 
LilMin39: now that you mention it... I didn't even realize it either. PARTY TIME!!! 
☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
(*^_^*)
(^O^)/
( ^ω^ )
♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪
*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*
 
pretty_rania1: they must. Let's mourn their leave... *depressing music in the background*
I hate being sad.... PARTY TIME!!
ヾ(@⌒ー⌒@)ノ
 
Punie-channie: I'm super glad you do. 
WE ARE!? LONG LOST SIBLING REUNION HUG!!
*\(^o^)/*
 
 
GIVE ME LUCK FOR THIS EXAM, CAUSE IF I FAIL, THIS WILL BE THE LAST CHAPTER OF THIS STORY....
 
recipe from Food.com