Examination time: not over yet

Alien Bunnies... Totally Normal!

 

I bite my lip and knock on the doors a few times.
 
Today, the matokis and I took a LOOOOONG drive to visit the government agency. HyoJae had to come along too, but that didn't really make the drive more exciting. The driver was one of the agents and Yongguk sat in the front. In the back I sat next to HyoJae and Youngjae sat on the other side of her. In the other car, Himchan claimed shotgun while Daehyun, Jongup and Zelo sat in the back. I honestly don't remember how long the drive was since I kind of dozed off for a bit. A few times, Youngjae and HyoJae would talk to each other and a few times, Yongguk turned back and started a conversation with me. He'd smile his wonderful gummy smile of his, trying to hide the worry filling up in his eyes, but he couldn't hide it from me.
 
"Come in." A voice says casually from the other side of the door. I hesitantly turn the knob and walk into a very large white room with the occasional special equipment contrasting against the floor and walls. Five men and four women stand around, tinkering withe equipment and wearing a lab coat, gloves and goggles. They all turn to us and smile gently, genuine kindness leaking off of them.
 
"Good morning," a young woman greet as she approaches us. She checks her watch and chuckles. "Or should I say, good afternoon. I am Dr. Shin, the head of this research field."
 
"You don't get much done, do you?" Daehyun asks. I slap his arm but the woman simply chuckles.
 
"You've got that right. We will be doing a series of tests concerning you body structure, health, athletic ability and brain capacity. We will be asking you a questions along the way and expect that you answer them all with complete honesty, as we hope you have nothing to hide." Dr. Shin looks at our group suspiciously.
 
"Why did these two have to come along then?" Jongup asks, referring to Hyo and I.
 
"They've been around you quite a bit, right?" The six nod in unison. "We need to make sure nothing bad has happened."
 
"What, we're radioactive and they might have been exposed?"
 
"We are just being cautious." 
 
We follow the Doctor to the different stations. Each matoki is assigned to a scientist, leaving Dr. Shin and two other scientist to deal with us. The other two work with the matokis, gathering information from each station and then moving on, asking questions along the way. Hyo and I sit in two chairs in front of a desk Dr. Shin sits behind.
 
"Now, how long have they been here?" The doctor asks, pen in hand and glasses pushed up.
 
"Almost four months." I answer confidently, secretly smiling at the realization.
 
The rest of the questions are 'where did they land', 'where's their spaceship', stuff like that. I found it hard to concentrate and sit on those annoyingly uncomfortable chairs while she asked the questions but I kept a straight face and sat still. After an hour, HyoJae and I become restless.
 
"Do they plan on leaving?"
 
That got my attention. My mind snaps back into focus and out of the corner of my eye, I see HyoJae look at me, eager for an answer as well. I fiddle with my fingers and push some hair behind my ear.
 
"I-I'm not sure." I answer honestly, making sure the doctor knew so. She nods and writes something down. She puts her pen and paper down, places her elbows on the desk and intertwines her fingers.
 
"So, what kind of relationship have you girls developed with them?" The doctor went from being serious about her job to a curious teenage girl desperate for gossip and the occasionally 'who likes who' news. I bite back a chuckle.
 
"They've become my family." I respond.
 
The doctor's expression changes to 'are you crazy' and she sits back in her chair. "I'm single and still in my early twenties. I have the right to say that you can't possibly stay with guys like that and not drool over them at least once," she sneers, leaning her head in their direction. 
 
Hyo and I turn our heads and both our jaws drop. Each of the matokis are shirtless and... I have no proper words to describe the sight before us. I've seen Yongguk shirtless before, but the others are- their muscles are so prominent! And even Yongguk! Last time I saw him shirtless, he jumped out my window. He looks as if he's been doing some intense training. And it's really paying off.
 
Yongguk looks over at me and grins, waving his hand to me. The blood rushes to my face and I turn back to Dr. Shin, holding my cheeks and trying to slow my breath.
 
"I picked a good one," HyoJae chuckles, still staring at Youngjae, who preoccupied with running on the treadmill.
 
I turn back around. Don't get me wrong. I know I had eye-candy living in my house, but turning back around was to see the equipment used and the experiment done. Each matoki is shirtless and has white cords attached to their torso. Youngjae has the treadmill, Yongguk has the bench press (you should be here to see it), Jongup is down on the floor doing push-ups, Zelo is on the elliptical, Himchan works with the leg press and Daehyun works on his chin ups. Holy freaking crap these guys are built.
 
"You see that one?" HyoJae points to Youngjae on the treadmill. "He's my boyfriend." She says a smugly.
 
"Ooh, you did choose a good one!" The doctor squeals.
 
What is this, a sleepover!?
 
"And what about you?" Dr. Shin asks, her head resting on her elbows.
 
"I-"
 
"That one. That's her boyfriend." HyoJae answers for me, pointing to Yongguk.
 
"N-no! I mean, we never officially said we were together. I'm not necessarily- he's not-"
 
We hear a few pops and we look in the sound's direction. Yongguk had ripped the things off and made his way here. He stands behind me and smiles.
 
"This is my girlfriend."
 
The doctor squeals and claps her hands. SERIOUSLY, AM I JUST TALKING WITH A TEENAGE GIRL?!
 
"Sir, please come back to your station." The other scientist say, running to Yongguk. Yongguk walks back with the men, but only after he leaned down and kissed my cheek.
 
This guy-
 
"They are all really nice, but that one," Dr. Shin points behind us, "is the nicest in my opinion."
 
I follow her gaze and land on Himchan. I look back at her and smile. "Hey, Himchan, come over here for a second." I yell. He nods, allows the doctors to take the cords off and jogs towards us, panting a little as he reaches.
 
"Yo."
 
"Himchan, meet doctor Shin." He salutes her and smiles, running his hand through his hair. "Himchan is the second in command of their Matoki team, B.A.P."
 
"Nice to meet you, Himchan-ssi." Dr. Shin stands up and shakes his hands. "Wait... What's a matoki team?"
 
"Well, we're matokis." Dr. Shin her head to the side and Himchan continues. "Matokis are the race of beings on our planet. We look like this." Himchan changes from his human form into Tatsmato, climbing up on the desk to give the woman a better look.
 
Have a little in a room with the cutest puppy. That still wouldn't near to the doctor's facial expression. She's squealing, but her voice doesn't make a sound, amplifying the effect of Tatsmato on her. She stick her hand out in front of him and Tats gets on. He wiggles his finger and she leans in, allowing the pink masked matoki to whisper something in her ear. Her face immediately becomes red and she puts the matoki down, allowing him to change back into Himchan. He says his goodbye and goes back to his station.
 
"Right," the doctor clears . "L-let's move onto the x-rays." Dr. Shin stands up and leads us all out. We enter a grey room with a big machine and another door. The lead doctor explains the rules and we all nod. The matokis each take their turn under the machine (both in human form and matoki form) while the rest of us stand in the other room. We finish and move onto a different room.
 
"This is where we test you brain capacity." One doctor says.
 
HyoJae and I sit on the sidelines while the six are asked a bunch of brain questions, some times and some not. It's boring as heck and I end up falling asleep. After what was a wonderful sleep, I wake back up in a car, driving on the road. I sit up and get off Yongguk's shoulder. I look around, taking my surrounds.
 
Doctor Shin and Himchan sit in the front, asking and answering more questions about Mato planet, matokis and their technology. Yongguk sits on one side while Jongup on the next. The green matoki is out like a light while Yongguk tears his gaze from looking out the window to looking at me.
 
"Sleep well?" He asks through half lidded eyes. I nod and yawn. "About today, why'd you deny being my girlfriend?"
 
I look up at him and sigh. "Honestly didn't think I was yet."
 
Yongguk let's out a quiet chuckle, pouring his heart out into his voice. "I wouldn't give just any girl my attention." He plays with my necklace, running it through his fingers before dropping it and lifting my chin. "I wouldn't kiss just any girl." He leans in, his breath and words ghosting across my lips. I close my eyes, anticipating the kiss and-
 
"IF YOU CAN'T DRIVE YOUR STUPID CAR, THEN GET OFF THE ROAD!!" Dr. Shin yells, swerving to the right.
 
Yongguk's forehead hits my nose in a sudden and painful collision. I whimper softly as my nose is now sensitive to touch and it hurts like crazy. 
 
"OMO! We're you guys gonna kiss?! I'm so sorry. I promise to drive straight." Dr. Shin says, glancing at us with the help of the rear view mirror.
 
"The mood's killed," Yongguk growls, resting his head on the window and closing his eyes.  
 
We finally make it home and we all get out of the cars. Dr. Shin and another scientist follow us inside. Yongguk and I head to the kitchen while the others go to the basement to show off the spaceship.
 
"A few more days and it's all over, right?" I ask to no one in particular, words meant to keep my hopes up and reassure myself. I pour a glass of water and gulp it down.
 
"Not exactly..." Yongguk rubs the back of his head nervously.
 
"What?" I hiss.
 
____________________
 
Once again, I'm denying the couple their kiss.
 
Because I'm mean and I love toying with people's emotions.
 
THIS STORY WILL BE VERY SLOW WITH FUTURE UPDATES, but can y'all please check out a one shot I wrote this morning? I got up and thought of it just randomly. I hope you like it.
 
 
Thanks for reading! 
 
ARIGATOGOZAIMASU!
 
pretty_rania1: will he ever answer it?
 
KpopLover8217: it was going to be a plot twist, but it would have ruined future plans and cut the story short, ending it at that chapter.
you remind me of Minnie when she's fangirling. ㅋㅋㅋ...