The truth

Can't we love without problems? (Sequel to I'm sorry, I love you)

 

Key’s POV

“Wait! I need to go to my locker to put my books for a while!” I shouted as Jonghyun pulled me out of the classroom.

“Alright alright, faster!” He said as we walked to my locker.

Just as I opened my locker, I saw a paper lying there. Thinking that it might be some girls again, I wanted to throw it away. But then I realized the handwriting was so familiar and I decided to read the letter.

Key,

When you read this, I think I’m already at the airport. Yes, I’m going back to America. I just wanted to say, I’m sorry, really sorry. I really didn’t meant to leave you last time. I had my reasons but you just didn’t want to listen to me. I guess I really hurt you a lot am I right?

Everytime you avoided me, it hurts me. I just want you to talk to me again, to look at me again. Key, I came back just for you. But I guess you didn’t want to see me. Before I go back, at least look at this letter, at least know the reason why I had to leave. Please don’t hate me anymore, please.

Actually, the reason why I had to leave is because of your mother. I know you would think it’s unbelievable how your mum can make me leave, I know you might not believe but please finish this letter first. I know a lot of people doesn’t know you are the son of the man who own one of  the biggest company in Korea because you don’t usually mention it. You didn’t want people to stick around you just because of your money. That’s one of the reason, your mum didn’t believe I was truly in love with you, she hates me. She thinks that I was with you just because of your money. She thinks I doesn’t fit with you because I’m just a poor girl who needs to work 2 jobs a day for living. I wear cheap clothes not like you who wear branded stuff. She says that if people see that I’m with you, she would feel embarrassing. I shouldn’t be with you at all.

She gave me money asking me to leave Korea to study, she forced me to leave you. She said if I leave, she would give my parents money and buy them a proper house. Key, I’m sorry that I promised her to leave. For my parents who brought me up since young, that’s what I can only do for them, to let them have a proper life at least. Key, I’m really really sorry. Please forgive me.

Goodbye Key. Even after reading this letter, I can't do anything if you still could not forgive me. Just don’t hate me anymore, please.

-Nicole

My mum? All because of my mum? What the hell? I was shocked, totally shocked. I dropped the paper on the floor and immediately ran to the airport. Nicole, please wait for me. I’m sorry for not listening to you. Sorry…

Jonghyun’s POV

As Key opened his locker, he took out a letter. As he was reading, he looked very shocked.

“Yah! Key! Where are you going?!” He dropped the letter and ran away.

I went to pick up the letter and read it. What the hell? How can Key’s mum be so cruel? I ran up to chase up with Key only to see something more shocking. Jessica with a guy, talking and laughing happily. Didn’t she said she was meeting up with some friends? I ran to her.

“Sica! What are you doing here? I thought you were meeting up with some friends?” I asked her and she looked shocked to see me.

“Oppa, I-I…” She stuttered.

“Aish! No time for this! Let’s go!” I took her hand and pulled her away.

“Oppa! Where are we going?!” She shouted as I gave her the letter.

We took a cab and as she read the letter.

“What?! How can his mum do that?” She said after reading the letter.

“I know! She is so cruel! Nicole isn’t at fault at all! That pabo should have listened to her earlier!”

“Yeah, Nicole is so pitiful. Oh yeah, I didn't know Key was that rich.” She said.

"Basically in this school, I think I'm the only one who knows that he is rich. He didn't want people to befriend with him just for money, those are just fake friends. Although Key is rich, he doesn't act like it. He treats everybody equally and don't look down on people. He's really good and fun to be with." I explained while she nodded in understanding.

“Wait, you didn’t answer me yet. Who the hell is the guy you are with just now? Why did you bluff me?” I asked her with a serious expression on.

“O-oppa, are you angry?”

“How would you feel if I bluffed you?”

“I’m sorry oppa. I’m just afraid that you would be angry if I told you I’m going to meet a guy. He’s a freshman called Taemin. He asked me for direction and that’s how we know each other. He loved dancing so I sometimes would stay and watch him practice.” She explained. I can’t help but to feel really jealous.

“Oh. I’m jealous, Sica ah.”

“Aish oppa, what’s there to be jealous? You are my boyfriend, trust me that I only have you in my heart alright?” She said as she lightly peck on my cheeks.