Why can't you just listen?

Can't we love without problems? (Sequel to I'm sorry, I love you)

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I have been pestering Key everyday to listen to Nicole’s reasons. But it doesn’t work at all, he’s just too stubborn.

“Key! Just listen to her for a while. It won’t hurt you anywhere right? I know you are just afraid to hear her reason, you are afraid that it would be negative right? Key, please.”

“Jjong! You won’t understand. What if Sica leave you just like that? What if she came back after hurting you? You did not experience what I had experienced, you just won’t understand! So mind your own business and stop persuading me!” He shouted angrily at me.

“Key! You will not know! What if her reason is really true? You would regret one day if you found out that she is talking the truth!”

“Jjong! Just shut up already! I don’t want to talk about her anymore!” Key walked away.

Key’s POV

Hais… Should I listen to her reason? Or should I not? But she hurt me, she hurt me so much. She caused me to be unable to love again. I can’t, I just can’t listen to her anymore. I don’t want to be hurt again, there is already a big damage in my heart.

“Help!” I then heard someone shouted, it sounds so familiar. “Please help me!” She shouted again. I then recognized the voice, it was Nicole. What happened to her? I quickly ran to find her. Even though I hate her, I can’t help to feel so anxious now, my heart was beating really fast.

There, I saw her. In the changing room, pinned to the wall by a guy. The guy was trying to kiss her and I can see her crying, she looks really afraid. She was struggling, trying to get off the grip of that man but her strength was nothing compared to that man.

“Stop what you are doing!” I shouted.

Nicole’s POV

I was walking on the corridor when suddenly I was pulled into the changing room by someone. I wanted to shout but that person was covering my mouth. I was really afraid, I tried to struggle but that person is too strong. Then, he pushed me to the wall and he tried to kiss me. I was shocked. I tried to kick him and push him away.

“Stop struggling or you would get it!” He slapped me across my face as I started to cry.

“Help!” I managed to shout. “Please help me!” I shouted again as the guy covered my mouth.

“Stop what you are doing!” Like an answer to my pleading, a voice shouted into the changing room and it was the voice that I could recognize anywhere, Key.

“Get out! It’s none of your business!” That man shouted.

“This is my school, anything that happened in my school is my business. Get your hands off that girl before you regret.” Key said coldly.

“Damn you!” That man let go of me and threw a punch over to Key but he managed to dodge and gave him a punch back right on his face.

And there goes, a fight started between them. I did not know what to do. All I can do was to stand there and watch, I was too afraid to move.

Key was on the winning side, he got on top of that man and started to throw punches all over his face. That man was unconscious with bruises.

“Key…” I said, still crying.

“Are you okay?”

“Yes. Thank you, thank you so much.”

“No need to thank me. If that person wasn’t you, I still would help. Don’t think that I’m helping just because it’s you.”

“Key, when can you listen to me? Huh?” I said as more tears came out from my eyes.

“Nicole, I can say that I’m not ready to hear any of your reasons. I’m not even ready to face you yet. Please stop talking to me about it. It’s all too late, too late...” Key said as he walked away. “Go home quickly.” He turned back and said before leaving again.

I sat there, crying hard. “Key, why can’t you listen to me? I left because of your mum…”