Forgotten

Can't we love without problems? (Sequel to I'm sorry, I love you)

 

Jonghyun’s POV

Ring ring~

I was awoken by my phone and only to be greeted by the bright sunlight.

“Aish! Go away you sun!” I shouted in frustration as I tried to open my eyes fully. I took my phone and saw that there were a lot of unread messages. I opened some to read and realized all of them were birthday wishes. Oh yeah, today’s my birthday.

Jjong! Happy Birthday! You are older already! Wahahaha! Anyway, if you are still asleep, wake up! Alright, happy birthday again old man!

-Key

Happy Birthday Jonghyun oppa! Have fun!

-Nicole

I read through all the messages but felt that there was something missing. What was it? Err… Oh yeah! Sica didn’t send me a message, I thought she would be the first, I was a little disappointed. But oh well, maybe she is preparing some surprise for me? I would be looking forward to it.

I sent a message to her.

Hey baby, you free today? Wanna come to my house to hang out?

-Jonghyun

I went to wash up while waiting for her reply and became to anticipate what would happen today.

I came back and saw a reply came.

Hmm… Oppa, I’m sorry but I’m not free today. I will come if I have time at night alright?

-Jessica

I was shocked at her reply. Not free, did she forget about my birthday? Or she was just pretending so that she can prepare a surprise for me? I hope my second thought was correct though. She have been spending lesser and lesser time with me.

Jessica’s POV

I was watching television at home when suddenly my phone rang.

Noona! Don’t forget today! You promised me!

-Taemin

Alright, I remember okay my little junior. I will be there.

-Jessica

When I finished replying him, my phone rang again. I thought it might be Taemin’s reply and a different name appeared on the screen.

Hey baby, you free today? Wanna come to my house to hang out?

-Jonghyun

I would love to but what should I do? I promised Taemin. Haish, I can only tell him that I might be able to go at night after Taemin’s competition then.

Hmm… Oppa, I’m sorry but I’m not free today. I will come if I have time at night alright?

-Jessica

After that I didn’t receive a reply and I got back to watch the television.

Soon, it was time to go already. I put on a simple dress and put on light make-up. I walked to school.

“Noona! You are here!” Taemin shouted excitedly when he saw me. He was wearing a black shirt with a black leather jacket over it, skinny jeans and also a black sneaker. Basically, his theme for today is black. He also styled his hair a little.

“Woah, my little junior is looking handsome today.” I .

“Aish noona! I’m so nervous! What if I don’t get the first place?”

“Taemin ah, relax alright? I have confidence in you so you should have confidence in yourself too. You know to me, you are the best.” I said and patted his shoulder.

“Thanks noona! Alright, I have to go to the backstage to prepare now! Sit in the front seat, I want to see you when I dance!” He shouted to me while walking backwards, then he clash into a person behind him. I saw him bowing and apologizing. I chuckled.

“Look, you are embarrassing me again! Go and prepare now! I will be cheering for you, hwaiting!” I shouted to him before walking into the hall.

“Okay everyone, the dance competition is starting right now!” The host said.

The first person who came up was dancing powerfully when suddenly he tripped and fell flat on his face. Everyone was laughing as he quickly stood up and continued to dance. When the music stopped, he immediately ran out of the stage.

The second person was dancing to SNSD’s Gee. He looked so funny trying to act all girly. He even sang to the song, I think I’m going to puke soon. He was acting cute right there and he also changed his voice to a girly one!

Alright, as the competition goes, it started to get boring. I swear none of them is better than Taemin. When are you coming out, Taemin ah!

Like an answer to my thoughts, the host announced that the next participant was Taemin. I began shouting like a fangirl and cheering loudly for him. “Go Taemin!” He saw me and I gave him a hwaiting pose and he winked at me.

He was dancing perfectly just like how he was during practice. No mistakes at all, as perfect as ever. Powerful moves moving along to the rhythm, perfect synchronization. Taemin, you are the best! The dance ended with lots of cheering and clapping.

Soon, all the participants finished performing. I sort of already know the winner, well, isn’t it obvious?

“Alright, and the first place goes to… LEE TAE MIN!” The host shouted enthusiastically. Everybody began to cheer and clap really loud!

After everybody got off the stage, Taemin came running to me!

“Noona! You saw that, you saw that! I got the first place! Ohmygod! I’m not dreaming right?” He said as he hugged me tightly.

“I-I can’t br-breathe.”

“Oops! Sorry noona, I was too excited.” He apologized as he let go of me.

“Great job Taemin! I knew you would get the first place, you deserved it!” I said and patted his head.

“Noona! Come celebrate with me okay? I treat.” Taemin asked me.

“Sure.”