Lonely birthday

Can't we love without problems? (Sequel to I'm sorry, I love you)

 

Jonghyun’s POV

I called and messaged Sica but received no reply. Is she really that busy?

Suddenly the door bell rang. I quickly ran to open the door thinking it was Sica.

“Hey Sica!” I shouted when I opened the door but only to see Key and Nicole standing there. “Oh, it’s you two. Come in.” I said, feeling disappointed.

“Err, Jjong, you know I have been trying to call Sica to come too but she didn’t answer my calls.” Key said awkwardly.

“Yeah, I know. She didn’t answer my calls too.”

“Well, maybe something propped up! Let’s celebrate anyway! She might come later!” Nicole said trying to make the atmosphere not so awkward.

“Yeah! Come on Jjong, we brought movies! Or do you want to play any games?” Key said.

“Nahh, it’s okay. Thanks for coming anyway.” I forced a smile at them.

They spent the night playing games and watching movies while I sat at a corner looking at them enjoying. This caused me to feel lonelier than ever. I kept staring at the door, hoping that it might ring anytime and Sica would appear right at the door. But I guessed it is impossible as it is nearing to the end of my birthday.

“Jjong! Come on! It’s time to cut the cake!” Key shouted from the kitchen while Nicole came to pull me to the kitchen.

“Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to old man! Happy birthday to you!” Key sang happily while Nicole was at the side laughing. I can’t help but to chuckle.

“Make a wish!” Nicole shouted.

I close my eyes and wished for Sica to come, even if it is just one minute before the end of my birthday, I don’t mind. I just need her right now.

I hesitated to blow out the candles, what if my wish doesn’t come true?

“Jjong! What are you waiting for? Blow out the candles!” Key shouted.

I looked at the clock, 2 minutes left.

I can’t do it, I can’t blow out the candles, not when I know my wish won’t come true.

“Key, I’m sorry. I can’t, especially when I know my wish won’t come true at all. I wished for Sica to be here, but look at the time, she wouldn’t make it even if she rush here right now.” I said before walking into my room hopelessly.

Key’s POV

Nicole and I watched helplessly as Jonghyun walk into his room. I decided not to talk to him now, he needs some personal space. He’s hurt, hurt that even his own girlfriend doesn’t remember his own birthday.