Break up?!

Can't we love without problems? (Sequel to I'm sorry, I love you)

 

Jessica’s POV

I went to school and realized Jonghyun was not in his seat.

“Key, where is Jonghyun oppa? He didn’t come to fetch me today.” I asked him.

“He’s not coming today. Sica, why didn’t you answer your calls yesterday?” Key asked, looking not so happy.

“I put my phone on silent that’s why. I was about to ask you, why did you and oppa call me so many times yesterday?”

“Sica, I can’t believe you. You really forgotten what day is yesterday? Where did you go?” Key asked angrily.

“I went to watch Taemin’s competition. Key, just what’s so important about yesterday?”

“Gosh, I can’t talk to you now. I don’t want to argue here.” Key said as he looked away from me.

I turned to Nicole who was just sitting quietly at the side. “Nicole, please tell me what happened.”

“Sica… It’s Jonghyun oppa birthday yesterday.” She said softly.

Then I remembered, yesterday was April 8, my own boyfriend’s birthday. He even asked me if I could hang out with him yesterday but I rejected him. Jessica Jung, how can you forget?! I mentally hit myself on my head.

“Sica, if you need people to remind you your own boyfriend’s birthday, I can tell you, you don’t pass to be a person’s girlfriend. I’m really disappointed in you. Do you know how sad he is? He refused to blow out the candles, he wished for you to be there but you didn’t but instead you were enjoying your day with that Taemin. Ask yourself, do you fit to be his girlfriend?” Key said in a cold voice.

My eyes began to water. Yes, I don’t fit to be his girlfriend at all. I ran out of the class and all the way to Jonghyun oppa’s house.

I knocked on the door several times and finally someone opened the door. It was Jonghyun, he looked really restless. I immediately hug him tightly while crying on his shoulder.

“Oppa, I’m sorry, I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to forget.” I told him.

He broke the hug and brought me to the couch as we sat down. He wiped my tears away with his thumb.

Jonghyun’s POV

“Tell me, where did you go yesterday? Why didn’t you answer your calls?” I asked her.

“Oppa, I’m really sorry. I went to watch Taemin’s competition yesterday, I promised him. I didn’t want to hurt him by breaking our promise that’s why I rejected to hang out with you. I didn’t answer my calls because I put my phone on silent. Believe me, I really didn’t mean to forget, it’s just that… too many things happened lately and it just slipped out of my mind.” She said.

Her words are like swords stabbing into my heart. She went out with her junior and forgotten her boyfriend’s birthday. I was disappointed, really. 

“Sica, that’s not an excuse. I really can’t stand it anymore. Did you know how I feel everytime you told me you are with Taemin. You began to reject going to dates with me which you have never did before after knowing Taemin. It hurts me and especially knowing that you forgot my birthday and spent the day with him hurts me more. Sica, I don’t think we were as close as before. If you prefer to be with Taemin, tell me. I would let you go, Sica ah, let’s break up.” I said even though my heart doesn’t meant it at all.

“Oppa, please don’t say that. I know you don’t mean it. Let me make it up to you please.” Sica said as she cried even more.

“Sica, this can’t go on anymore. I don’t think you have the same feeling for me already.” I said as my heart hurts even more.

“Oppa! You don’t know me at all! You promised not to leave me!” Sica shouted angrily as she ran out of my house crying.

I wanted to chase after her but I stopped. If she is happier with Taemin, I should just let her go right? Sica ah, believe me that I'm more sad and hurt than you when I said all those words to you.  I'm sorry for breaking the promise of not leaving you, I just had to do it. I still love you and I always will.

__________________________________________________________________

Thanks a lot for commenting and subscribing! Sorry for my slow updates! :D