This Morning !

Just A Phone Call Away

***Kibum’s POV***

I leaned against the wall opposite of the door, not sure if I should knock or not.

Part of me wanted to knock, because it would make me happier for a while, it would make me forget, but another part of me didn’t want to knock, knowing that it wasn’t the right thing to do - selfish.

 I groaned.

I wasn’t sure what to do anymore.

I felt happier these days as long as I was with her, but as soon as I would return home alone or as soon as she isn’t around my problems would catch up with me and I knew that my heart wasn’t in there completely.

It wasn’t fair, but the only thing that could make me sane for a while, make me not think about…stuff!

I was an for using her, I knew it, but the least I could do is to make her happy as good as possible.

I pushed myself from the wall and rang the doorbell with determination.

I only had to wait for a second before a totally pissed of Hyukjae opened the door for me.

“What?” he snapped and I raised a brow at my usually friendly hyung.

“I just…”

“…wanted to disturb us? Seriously are you guys ganging up on me? Isn’t there someone else you can annoy? Why me? Because seriously I’m not the least bit amused anymore!”

I stared at Eunhyuk and really wondered for a moment what gotten into him.

“Oh, Kibum-ah, are you looking for Amber?”

My eyes wandered from a glaring Eunhyuk to a calm looking Lin.

“Aish, I tell you they are doing this on purpose! Always dropping by to annoy the hell out of me! In the morning, in the afternoon, in the evening, at night! They planned this!”

Lin nudged Hyukjae lightly, making him glare at her.

“Don’t be like that! They are not doing it on purpose!”

Hyukjae groaned.

“Sure, they don’t! You know, it’s your fault too! Your protective instincts are kicking in all the time, giving in to their ridiculous demands! What’s next? Sleeping with Kyuhyun because he “missed you so much” in the middle of the night?”

Lin glared back at him.

“Yah, who is ridiculous now? Donghae didn’t walk in on us to disturb us on purpose last night! Otherwise he wouldn’t have been surprised and embarrassed like this!”

“But I wonder why he walks in here in the middle of the night like it’s a normal thing to do without even asking for your permission?”

“You are acting stupid! He had my permission! He always has! Why else would I have told him my door code? I told him he could drop by whenever!”

“In the middle of the night?” Hyukjae snapped.

“Of course in the middle of the night, if it’s an emergency! And needing some painkillers is an emergency! I wouldn’t even have noticed it, if it weren’t for us doing…”

“So now it’s my fault?”

“What?” Lin asked bewildered.

I looked from one to the other.

“Guys?”

“I never said it was your fault! It’s no one’s fault! But you are acting all childish right now!”

“So, I’m the one who is childish now? It isn’t me who is clinging to you like a child to his mother! And you are allowing it, by being all mother hen on them! I don’t seem to be as important to you as them at all!” he almost yelled at her.

Lin blinked furiously trying to blink away the tears that were forming in her eyes.

I looked down to the ground awkwardly.

“I…I’m not talking to you about this anymore! It only will turn ugly if we continue this! I’m off to the upstairs dorm for some normal company!”

With that Lin brushed past me, leaving a dumbfounded Hyukjae and an uneasy me behind.

I slowly turned to look at my hyung again.

Hyukjae groaned and hit the doorframe in frustration.

“Uhm, everything okay with the two of you?” I asked a little worried.

“Peachy!” he snapped.

I watched him walking back inside, leaving the door open for me to follow.

He paced up and down in the living room and ruffled his hair in an annoyed way.

I observed him for a while, before I finally crossed my arms and a smirk crept up on my face.

“Frustrated much?” I asked.

Hyukjae stopped in his tracks and turned to look at me, before he sighed and let himself fall on the couch.

“You have no idea!”

I shook my head.

“You are an idiot!”

Hyukjae groaned.

“I know! I just…argh…I feel so damn frustrated!”

I chuckled and sat down next to him.

“I know what you mean!”

He looked at me.

“Problems with Amber?” he asked.

“What? No! I…I don’t know!” I mumbled.

There weren’t any problems with Amber, just with myself.

We sat in silence for a while before Hyukjae buried his face in his hands.

“I acted like an idiot before, didn’t I?”

I shrugged.

“Depends on the reason for you to act this way!”

Hyukjae bit his lips and blushed slightly.

I nudged him.

“Come on, you can tell me, hyung!”

He bit his lips once again before sighing in defeat.

“You know, recently I feel like Lin and I never can have some time to ourselves! Ever since we started to date there was so much going on! And her leaving to go to Taiwan was not helping a bit! Now she is back and every time we are alone someone is barging in to demand Lin’s attention!”

 I raised a brow and smiled.

“Are you jealous about the members spending time with Lin?”

“Dae? No, of course not! It’s her job and they all see her as part of our family, so I’m not jealous…just…don’t know…maybe I feel a little bit neglected! Everyone’s problems seem to be more important than mine! I feel like she is prioritizing them over me just to not prioritize me over them, if that makes sense!”

I raised my brows astonished.

“Are you having problems right now?”

Hyukjae blushed furiously.

“Not for real! More like, I just want to have Lin to myself, at least at nights…I mean…you know…”

I looked at him for a while before finally bursting into a fit of laughter.

“Oh, THAT kind of frustration!”

Hyukjae groaned and nudged me.

“Yah, that’s not funny!”

I tried to stifle my laughter.

“No, it isn’t! This is a serious matter! ual frustration is nothing to mess with!” I said, trying my best to sound serious.

Hyukjae groaned.

“Do you have to put it like that? That sounds like I am a hormone driven idiot”

“Well, aren’t you?” I asked dryly.

Hyukjae blinked at me a few times.

“Oh god, I am!”

I chuckled as I saw the realization dawning on his face.

“Why are you frustrated like that anyway? Aren’t you two sleeping in the same bed basically every night anyway?”

The blushing obviously never grew old on the elder.

“Well, yes, but…well…before it was kinda too soon, it didn’t feel right! And these days we are returning back home really late, feeling way too tired to…you know…and if we do one of the members always seem to feel it! Most of the time it would be Donghae or Kyuhyun disturbing us! Last night Donghae walked in on us! I was so angry at him, I might have yelled at him!”

I chuckled.

“I see!”

That would be like Donghae.

Eunhyuk groaned.

“You don’t! I behaved like a complete lunatic! I bet you that sensitive idiot cried later on and Lin was mad at me! And now when we kinda calmed down this morning I snapped again! I just feel so restless and I acted like a complete idiot again!”

I shook my head.

This guy must really feel frustrated if he acted like that.

I patted his shoulder.

“Gwenchana, hyung, just be your nice self again and apologize! I bet you, Lin will forgive you! Although I suggest you are doing something about your frustration!”

I chuckled when Hyukjae nudged me annoyed.

We sat in silence again, before Eunhyuk’s head suddenly snapped up.

“Neh, Kibum-ah, why are you here in the morning anyway?”

Right, almost forgot about myself!

It was way better to concentrate on someone else’s problems for a while.

“I wanted to Amber to work, seeing as it is my day off today!”

“Amber is at the other dorm right now!” Hyukjae said awkwardly.

I raised a brow.

“What is she doing there this early in the morning?”

“I kinda bribed her to sleep in my room last night! Damn, now I have to buy her that hella expensive bag for nothing!”

I chuckled, knowing exactly that this would piss of Hyukjae the most.

That would be frustrated Hyukjae and a sneaky Amber clashing with each other.

“Don’t worry, hyung, I will buy that bag for her!”

Hyukjae widened his eyes.

“You will? Waeyo?”

I shrugged.

“I feel like it!”

“Did the two of you fight?” he asked curiously.

I shook my head.

“Ani, but I just feel like doing something nice for my girlfriend! You know, you should take an example and do something nice for Lin once in a while!”

I said bored and he groaned.

“Yah, I flew over to Taiwan just to surprise her!”

I looked at him skeptically.

“Did you do that to surprise her or because you couldn’t take it anymore? Was that surprise for her or for yourself?”

Hyukjae glared at me.

“You are an , Kim Kibum!”

“And you are a cheapskate!”

“I’m not!”

“You so are!”

“I’m not!”

“Did you ever buy anything for Lin in the time you two are together?”

“I paid for our date last night!”

I snorted.

“What? A McDonald’s dinner and a movie? Very generous!”

Hyukjae blinked at me and I knew I was right on.

“Sometimes I don’t like you!”

I didn’t get to reply because the door opened and a sad looking Lin poked her head in.

“Eunhyuk-shi, you have training with Donghae for your Super Show 3 solo today! You are supposed to meet with the choreographers in an hour so I suggest you pick up Donghae and head over there now!”

“Eunhyuk-shi?” Eunhyuk mumbled dumbfounded and I smirked.

Oh, she was mad at him!

Sad, but also mad!

She was about to leave again when Eunhyuk stopped her.

“Wait! Where will you be today?” he asked trying to sound as soft as possible.

“Being mother hen to Kyuhyun as he has a meeting with some SM and KBS managers today because of his upcoming drama! Maybe I should consider sleeping at his room tonight, seeing as he might feel unsettled afterwards! Wouldn’t that be what mother hens do?” she replied in a calm way before disappearing.

I grinned.

“Damn, hyung, you are in trouble!”

“Shut up!” he mumbled, obviously being upset.

I chuckled as Hyukjae stood up to collect his stuff.

When he disappeared in the bedroom the apartment door opened once again and a disheveled looking Amber walked in.

She looked cute.

There was a short guilty stab at my heart before I smiled at her.

“Morning, sleepy head!”

Her eyes widened before she smiled happily.

“What are you doing here?”

I shrugged.

“Escorting you to work?”

“Aw, so thoughtful!”

“That’s me!” I said.

“Yes, sure! I really wonder where that pain in the guy went recently! I’m always waiting for the time when you suddenly will snap at me again!”

I rolled my eyes.

I walked up to her and kissed her forehead softly.

“Don’t worry! I won’t, if you don’t annoy me to hell again!” I said with a wink.

Amber grinned.

“Oh, then you will be back to snapping at me soon! I know I must tick you off with something!”

I shrugged.

“Not as far as I know! I think I kinda got used to your weirdness!”

Amber poked my chest.

“Who is the weird one?”

I smirked.

“One of us is weird and it’s not me!”

“Yah, Kim Kibum, not nice!”

I chuckled and hugged her to my body.

“Don’t worry I don’t think less of you because of your weirdness!”

She struggled in my arms.

“Let go, meanie!”

I grinned and hugged her tighter.

“Nope, I’m too fond of this weirdo in my arms!”

At least it wasn’t a lie!

I was fond of her!

“Yah, you know, there is nothing wrong with being weird! Weird people have the most fun in life! So, I kinda pity you! You are a bore!”

I chuckled and looked at her pouting face.

I stole a quick kiss from her lips.

“See, that’s why I need a weirdo like you! I don’t want to be boring!”

Amber looked at me skeptically.

“Are you trying to sweet talk me right now?”

“Depends? Does it work?” I asked with a playful pout.

Amber sighed.

“You know, you being like that, is kinda weird, too! I sometimes wonder if you are only pretending to be the nice guy! You are an actor after all!”

I became nervous and avoided looking into her eyes.

There was an awkward silence and I felt incredible relieved when the door bell rang.

I let go of Amber and opened the door, only to take a step back.

“Oh, Kibum-ah, I didn’t know you were here!”

Donghae grinned at me.

I blinked a few times.

“Oh, Amber, Yesungie-hyung told me to tell you that you forgot your sweater in his room!”

“Oh, right! I felt so hot last night I must have taken it off in my sleep!”

I felt my body tensing.

The situation was totally stressful to me.

“You were at Yesung-hyung’s room last night?” I asked irritated.

“Neh, I was supposed to sleep at Hyukie-Oppa’s room, but Donghae-Oppa already slept there so Ryeowookie offered his bed to me and he would go upstairs to sleep in Donghae’s bed!”

Amber chuckled.

“I think Yesungie-Oppa kinda missed me because I was always with you these last few days! He kinda insisted on me sleeping in his room!”

I didn’t know what to feel or to think.

Should I get mad at Yesung, knowing about his feelings or mad at Amber for not noticing anything?

But wouldn’t it be much worse for her to really realize what is going on with Yesung or yourself?

Wouldn’t she eventually leave you?

Donghae laid his arm around my shoulder and I tensed.

“I would feel jealous if I were you! You know, Yesungie is working out a lot these days! Amber might fall for him!” he said teasingly.

I couldn’t take it.

I shrugged his arm off my shoulder and glared at him.

“Just stop this nonsense! Really, Donghae, grow up!”

I mentally slapped myself seeing Donghae’s hurt expression, but I just couldn’t help it.

“Bummie, I’m sor…”

“We have to go!” I cut into Donghae’s confused apology.

I couldn’t take his presence.

I reached out for Amber’s hand and wanted to drag her with me, but she stopped.

“Yah, I’m not even dressed properly yet! Where do you think I am going like this? Working in my PJs?”

I looked from an irritated Amber to a hurt looking Donghae and sighed.

“I…I just realized I forgot something in my car and I need to talk to Chullie-hyung for a moment! I will pick you up in half an hour, okay?”

I didn’t wait for a reply, but hurriedly left the apartment.

I heaved a sigh when I was in the hallway.

I really grew fond of this place recently.

My heart beat frantically.

Stupid heart!

 

***Eunhyuk’s POV***

My mobile beeped and I looked at the message I just received.

From: The Evil Maknae

To: Hyukjae

Hyung! Don’t be upset with Donghae-hyung anymore! I made him walk into Lin’s apartment last night! He is sulking the whole morning so make up quickly, neh? And check out this link! Your most beloved Dongsaeng, that you love so much you can’t get angry at <3

I groaned reading the message.

I would talk to this evil maknae later on!

I clicked to open the link and rolled my eyes reading the headline.

This morning .

The link was about an article of a gossiping site.

“Does Super Junior’s Lee Donghae’s girlfriend really exist? Fans think he is teasing them!”

Aish, chincha, as if Donghae would be joking with this matter!

The article went on about fans discussing that it is weird that there are no pictures or no information at all about this girlfriend of Donghae.

Obviously the fans think that it’s weird that not even the other members seem to know a lot about this girl.

Heechul stated in his radio show “how would I know?” about fans sending questions in about Donghae’s girlfriend.

Aish, we should agree on a story and some basic facts soon.

I put my mobile in my trouser’s back pocket and left the bedroom ready to pick up Donghae at the other apartment when I saw him sitting on the couch in the living room already.

“Yah, Hae-ah? You are already here?”

Donghae jumped up and looked at me, almost scared.

I sighed.

Way to go Hyukjae!

You really have to get a grip of yourself.

You already made your closest friend be scared by you.

“Uhm, neh! Kibum opened for me! I rang the bell! I didn’t walk in here just like that, I promise!”

I felt guilty seeing his sad eyes.

Chincha, that guy was too sensitive!

I smiled.

“Yah, Hae-ah, don’t be stupid! I’m not mad at you anymore!” I said, trying to sound as happy as possible.

Well, I was mad, but more at myself than at him.

Maybe Donghae was the trigger for my current ty situation, but in the end it was me and my stupid feelings that caused me and Lin to get into a fight.

It was true what I said.

I felt kinda neglected and frustrated.

I knew it was Lin’s job, but for once I wanted her full attention on me, on us!

But every time her mobile rang she would jump immediately and rush to the member that called for her, even if it was just Heechul asking her to decide which jacket he should order online.

For heaven’s sake, she was their PA, not their maid, stylist, chauffeur, cook or mother!

It wasn’t her job to serve them 24/7!

From time to time I wanted her to be just herself, not Lin, Super Junior’s PA, but Lin, my girlfriend.

“Hyuk?”

My head snapped up to look at Donghae, who was still looking at me insecure.

“Neh, let’s go! We have some choreography to learn!”

I had to think about mine and Lin’s situation some more, maybe even battling this one out some more, causing us to fight some more, but it was necessary!

I needed her to make more time for me!

But it could wait!

Right now I had to cheer up this upset looking best friend of mine.

I walked up to Donghae and took his hand to pull him with me.

The guy obviously needed some affection and I saw it as my responsibility to cheer him up again.

I pulled him to the elevator and along the hallways to the underground carpark once we reached the underground level.

“Hyuk, I can walk alone!” Donghae mumbled.

I grinned at him.

“Sure, but obviously you are still upset with me and I just want to give you some of my rare affectionate moments, so you better take the chance!” I said teasingly.

Donghae blinked, before basically jumping on my back, hugging me.

I rolled my eyes.

That guy really loved skinship.

“Argh, aish, Hae-ah, let go!”

“Ani, carry me to the car piggyback!” he demanded.

I snorted.

“Definitely not!” I said and walked to the car basically dragging him with me as he still clung to my neck.

“Would you let go of me already? We are at the car!” I said amused, but Donghae shook his head.

I rolled my eyes.

“Mianhae, Hyukie-ah, cheongmal mianhae! Don’t hate me!” he mumbled.

Was he crying?

I turned my head to look at him, but his face was hidden in between my shoulders.

“Hae? I already told you I’m not mad at you anymore! Stop being like that!” I said irritated.

Have I been that mean to him last night?

“He hates me, Hyuk!”

I furrowed my brows.

“Who does?”

“Kibummie!”

I sighed.

Here we go again.

I didn’t know the reason behind it, but ever since two years ago Donghae had set his mind on Kibum hating him.

“Aish, Hae-ah! For one Kibum didn’t leave for a year because of you, but because he wanted a break to concentrate on his acting and for second he is already back, so stop thinking he hates you! You two are friends, he doesn’t hate you!”

“Yes, he does!”

I groaned.

Great, just what I needed, when my mood wasn’t the best anyway, a really depressed Donghae!

“You are childish! He doesn’t hate you! Why are you so troubled this morning? Did you have bad dreams, not enough sleep, did you read comments by antis again?” I tried to get the reason for his weird mood.

Donghae shook his head.

“Aniyo, nothing like that! I swear you, he hates me!”

Donghae looked up at me and his sincerity irritated me.

He can’t really believe that Kibum hates him.

I flicked his forehead.

“Pabo Hae, he doesn’t hate you, so stop being worried! Besides we have something else to discuss!”

Donghae blinked at me in irritation.

“Dae? What is it?”

I grinned.

“You have to introduce your girlfriend to the members so they at least know something about her!”

“What do you mean? You want me to introduce them to Melanie?”

I shrugged.

“Either that or you introduce them to your fake girlfriend! Whatever! Either way they have to know something they can talk about to fans and on shows! Fans are already suspecting that your girlfriend is fake!”

Donghae groaned.

“Aish, this morning !” he mumbled.

 I grinned.

“Agreed!”

I was happy that I was able to distract Donghae from his weird idea of Kibum hating him.

I already could see thoughts about someone else filling his mind, judging from the soft smile that formed on his lips.

I rolled my eyes and basically shoved him into the car.

The ride was kinda silent.

Donghae seemed to be with his thoughts in Melanie la-la-land and I tried to reason with myself not to get into another fight with Lin.

Maybe I should buy her some flowers or something like that instead.

But then again what I said were still my true feelings even if I didn’t intend to yell them at her and make her sound like an overprotective mother.

We definitely should talk about it, but still I should apologize.

“Donghae?” I asked for my friend’s attention.

“Huh?” Donghae snapped out of his thoughts and looked at me.

“Hm…uh…how does one romantically apologize?”

“Apologize? Just say sorry!”

I glared at him.

“Pabo, the romantic kind!”

Donghae stared at me with wide eyes.

“You don’t have to apologize to me in a romantic way! We are friends! That isn’t necessary! Besides I already forgave you for yelling at me!”

I snorted.

“As if I would apologize to you the romantic way! I was talking about Lin!”

Donghae blinked a few times.

“Lin? Did you get into a fight?”

I nodded awkwardly.

“Not because of me right, otherwise I should apologize!”

“Ani, not because of you! Because of something else!”

Donghae furrowed his brows.

“Because of what did you fight?”

“Frustration!” I said curtly.

“Why are you two frustrated?” Donghae asked innocently, but I could see a slight smile playing around his lips.

“Aish, just don’t ask and help me, will you?”

Donghae shrugged with a smile.

“Face it, Hyukie-ah, you aren’t really the romantic type for all I know so I can’t tell you how you should apologize! Just be yourself and be sincere! It needs to come from the bottom of your heart and I’m sure Lin will forgive you! She is a good girl!”

I looked at him not really amused.

“Be myself and be sincere? What kind of a y advice is that, Hae-ah? Me being myself got me into that mess!”

Donghae grinned.

“Well for some reason Lin seems to like you so there must be something appealing to you for her! Just be like that!”

I groaned frustrated.

“How would I know?”

Donghae laughed.

“How would I know, Hyuk?”

“Aish, chincha, I really can’t talk to you!”

We finally arrived at the company building and I drove down to the underground carpark.

Donghae suddenly clung to my neck again.

“But you still like me, don’t you? Not like Kibum, you won’t hate me, will you?”

I rolled my eyes and shoved him off of me - I was still driving, thank you very much!

“Chincha, Lee Donghae, Kibum doesn’t hate you and neither do I, so stop being so childish about that!”

“He snapped at me for exactly the same reason! Grow up, he said!” Donghae mumbled.

“He probably just was in a bad mood!” I said thinking about Kibum’s weird behavior this morning.

Something must be bothering that dongsaeng of mine.

Maybe I should try talking to him.

“If you say so, Hyuk, but I bet you he hates me!” Donghae said grumpily.

I chuckled hearing his tone and parked the car.

We both got out and headed for the elevator.

When we arrived at the entrance hall it was still very quiet in the building.

Barely a few managers should be in that early in the morning.

We headed for our practice room and were about to carelessly enter when we heard music playing inside.

“Are the choreographers already inside?” Donghae wondered and I shrugged.

I carefully opened the door to glance inside.

I was irritated by the sight.

There was a girl dancing.

She couldn’t be that old, maybe about 17 years old.

She looked really exhausted and sweaty like she was in there for hours.

I opened the door a bit wider for Donghae to be able to look inside too.

“You know who that is?” I asked in a low voice.

Donghae shrugged.

“Probably one of the trainees!”

We both watched her for a while.

She really wasn’t that good at dancing, reminded me a lot of Heechul-hyung and Ryeowook when they first started to dance.

I watched her closely and could see a lot of mistakes in her movements.

Donghae and I both looked at each other when she suddenly groaned frustrated and let herself sink to the ground.

Her shoulders were shaking and I knew for sure that she was crying.

“Why can’t you just do it, Eun Mi-ah?” she said angrily.

I felt sorry for her.

I knew exactly what it felt like being a trainee!

It was tiring at times and especially if you were lacking in one area that is needed to become a star.

For me it was singing and for her it obviously was dancing.

“Hyuk, maybe we should go and give her some time to herself” Donghae mumbled.

I straightened myself and walked into the room.

I walked over to Eun Mi, who was still sitting on the floor burying her head behind her knees, still sobbing.

“You need to loosen up! It won’t work if you are forcing it too much! Relax and take a break once in a while” I said cheerfully.

Eun Mi’s head snapped up and her eyes widened when she saw me.

“Sunbaenim!”

She jumped to her feet and was standing pretty close to me all of a sudden.

She gasped and wanted to take step back from me, but clumsily stumbled over her feet.

I reacted by instinct and caught her in my arms before she could fall to the ground.

“You okay?” I asked amused.

She blushed madly and struggled to get out of my arms.

I let go of her and she bowed to me.

“Kamsahamnida, sunbaenim!”

“No problem!” I said with a smile.

She was really nervous and quite cute.

“What were you doing here so early?” I asked to try to distract her.

Her eyes widened and she glanced at her wristwatch.

“What? I didn’t notice that the time flew like that! I stayed back after our training last night, because I really couldn’t figure out this dance we are supposed to learn and I didn’t realize…mianhae Eunhyuk-sunbaenim…am I keeping you from your practice?”

I smiled.

“Anniyo, we were early anyway! The choreographers haven’t arrived yet either!”

She nodded and bit her lip shyly.

There was an awkward silence that was broken when Donghae walked into the room to place his bag in one corner.

Eun Mi’s eyes widened once again and she immediately bowed to greet Donghae.

“Annyeonghaseyo, Donghae-sunbaenim!”

“Annyeong, Eun Mi-ah” he said with a charming smile and I could see Eun Mi blushing once again.

“So, do you want us to help you with that dance you tried to learn before?” I asked.

Her eyes widened.

“You watched me? Oh god, how embarrassing!” she said miserable.

“Anniyo, there is nothing embarrassing about it at all, right Donghae?”

Donghae glanced at us, putting on his training shoes.

“Neh, you don’t need to be embarrassed” he said a bit distanced and I furrowed my brows about his weird behavior before smiling at Eun Mi.

“You know, some of our members are struggling to learn our dances too so there is no need to be embarrassed! I bet you are really good with singing if not with dancing!” I tried to encourage her.

She just reminded me of myself, so I wanted to help her.

She blushed slightly.

“Neh, I think I’m better with that!” she said with a small smile.

“See, so let us help with your dance so we can see you debut soon, neh?” I asked.

“Neh!” she agreed with a blush.

“Do you have a video of your routine?”

She nodded and walked to her bag to get her mobile.

She searched through some files until she found what she was looking for and showed the video to me.

Donghae walked up to us and glanced over my shoulder.

“Some of those moves are kinda hard, but some are really easy” Donghae mumbled and I nodded.

Eun Mi groaned helplessly.

“Some are easy? To me the whole thing is really hard!”

I chuckled.

“You know, if you aren’t a really good dancer than you have to concentrate on the easy moves and make them look especially good and kinda cheat your way through the hard ones! That’s what some of our members do!”

“I still think there aren’t any easy moves in that routine!” she mumbled and I laughed about her.

I looked over to Donghae to ask him if he is in it through my eyes.

Donghae frowned, making me irritated once again but eventually he shrugged.

I smiled.

“So shall we get started before our choreographers show up?” I asked Eun Mi friendly.

“You have no idea how grateful I am to you, Sunbaenim!” she said shyly.

So Donghae and I helped her to perfect some of the easier moves and taught her some tricks that would help her with the harder moves.

Well it was more me than Donghae, but watching her bad attempts at some moves made Donghae groan in frustration and show her how to do it the right way.

It was really fun, we laughed a lot as Eun Mi was just a clumsy dancer, always stumbling over her own feet.

Well, at least Eun Mi and I laughed, Donghae seemed to be kinda reserved and I really couldn’t figure out why.

I shrugged it off for a while, deciding to ask him later about it.

When the choreographers showed up Eun Mi smiled at me brightly.

“Kamsahamnida, Eunhyuk-sunbaenim, cheongmal kamsahamnida!” she said, bowing continuously.

“Neh, Eun Mi-ah, you don’t need to call me sunbaenim all the time! You can call me oppa, neh?” I said flicking her head teasingly.

She blushed once again.

“Neh…Eunhyuk-oppa” she mumbled shyly.

“You should head home now, Eun Mi-ah! Get some rest!” Donghae adviced from the corner of the room, where he was helping himself to some water.

She bowed to him too.

“Neh, kamsahamnida Donghae-sunbaenim!” she said and with a last smile to me she hurriedly left the room.

I watched her as she closed the door.

She was a cute girl!

Suddenly I could feel the back of my head being smacked kinda painfully.

“YAH!” I turned around to see a disapproving Donghae standing behind me.

“What was that for?” I asked him annoyed.

“You flirted!” he said.

I widened my eyes.

“I did not!”

Donghae snorted.

“Yes, sure, tell that to someone who will believe you! Chincha, Hyuk, I can’t believe you! You and Lin have your first fight since you are together and you go and flirt with other girls?”

I grew annoyed.

“I didn’t flirt! I simply tried to help Eun Mi, because she seemed so desperate and kinda reminded me of myself!”

Donghae rolled his eyes.

“Of course and it totally didn’t occur to you that you totally made her fall for you!”

I crossed my arms.

“I did no such thing! She didn’t fall for me! Maybe she was a bit nervous around me, but seriously a lot of girls are like that around us, even some of the female stars! So what’s your problem?”

“She was blushing an awfully lot and basically stared at you like a lovesick school girl!”

“She blushed while talking to you too!” I snapped.

What the hell was he talking about?

I wasn’t flirting with her!

I wouldn’t do anything to hurt Lin!

“Guys? Are you ready? Can we get started?” one of the choreographers asked.

“Neh!” I said.

“Mark my words, Hyuk, she has a total crush on you and if I were you I wouldn’t act like that around her when Lin is around! She won’t like it and honestly I don’t like it either!” Donghae said before walking away.

I snorted.

He was acting stupid.

 

***Amber’s POV***

I sat at the information desk restlessly.

I didn’t know why I felt weird today.

Maybe because of Kibum’s unusual behavior!

He had been nice and cute since the day we had our stolen date and I really felt treated like a princess.

He even escorted me to work today and promised me to pick me up later on as he wants to go shopping with me.

He wanted to buy that bag for me which Hyukjae was supposed to buy.

I already decided on releasing Hyukjae from that promise and I told Kibum the same exact thing, but still that boyfriend of mine insisted on buying that bag for me.

I sighed and rested my chin on my palm.

Actually there wasn’t a problem with the way Kibum treated me at all, but today he was weird.

When he snapped at Donghae this morning and suddenly wanted to pull me out of the apartment it was really out of character for him.

He seemed almost nervous!

What was he being nervous about?

And his eyes, when Donghae about Yesung, seemed almost angry.

I wouldn’t have thought that Kibum would actually feel jealous about me hanging out with Yesung.

The thought of it was ridiculous!

Yesung and I were friends and most of the time we were talking about Kibum anyway.

Well, not in the last few days, because, just like Yesung said, I haven’t visited him often.

I felt bad for neglecting Yesung a bit, because of Kibum.

But I promised to myself last night, that I would make time for him more often, he was my best guy friend after all!

Besides I always felt so relaxed and happy whenever I was around Yesung, like nothing bad could ever happen.

Being with him and being with Kibum was totally different.

Where it was fun and comforting to be with Yesung it was tense and exciting to be with Kibum.

It was a thrill to be with Kibum, because you never knew when suddenly his mood would change.

He could be funny and cute, but then suddenly all cold.

He could be annoyed and then suddenly burst out into a fit of laughter.

We could be totally fooling around and all of a sudden I would find myself in a passionate kiss.

Like I said, it was exciting to be with Kibum.

But sometimes I missed being with Yesung those few days, missed his jokes and his cute antics.

I missed the safe feeling I always had around him.

I felt myself blushing thinking about him opening the door for me last night, without wearing a shirt.

Well, I sure didn’t feel “safe” that moment.

It was a kind of an odd feeling that I didn’t have before.

Okay, seriously whose heart wouldn’t stop a beat upon seeing Yesung without a shirt?

That’s normal, right?

 I unconsciously touched the hairpin in my hair.

I had to be true to myself, it wasn’t the first time I felt weird around him.

I didn’t know what made me wear that cute hairpin Yesung gave to me.

I just felt like wearing it.

No, it really wasn’t the first time I was irritated by Yesung.

But I never felt that feeling again after that day with the hairpin and I was too busy with work and especially Kibum to think about it.

Besides Yesung was never anything else but friendly, almost brotherly, to me after that day.

There wasn’t a reason to be worried about it, was there?

I sighed.

It was weird.

Yesung and I were plain friends, weren’t we?

So why should Kibum be jealous?

“Morning!”

I looked up and jumped from my chair.

Yesung looked at me irritated.

He obviously didn’t intend to linger around seeing as he was already a few steps away from the information desk, but my odd movement made him stop and look at me.

Way to go Amber!

“You okay?” he asked, not really looking at me.

Odd, was he trying to avoid my eyes?

“Neh, gwenchana, Oppa!” I said, trying to sound hyper as normal.

He looked at me for a second before looking at the ground again.

He nodded.

I blinked a few times.

Was he blushing?

I bit my lip.

Why was the situation awkward, right now?

That’s not what it should feel like to be around Yesung.

I tried to find something to talk about.

“Uhm, mianhae, Oppa! I didn’t want to fall asleep on you last night! Did you watch the movie to the end?” I asked happily.

He shook his head still staring at the ground.

“I didn’t watch it to the end!” he mumbled.

This felt just wrong!

I sighed and walked around the desk to stand in front of him.

“Okay, Oppa, what’s wrong? This conversation feels weird! It’s like we were in a fight or something! Did I snore last night or something?”

He slowly raised his head and stared at me.

Okay, now this was really odd.

I felt like I had trouble breathing and my heart beat sped up.

A small smile played around his lips and his dark eyes sparkled mysteriously.

I swear I never saw anyone looking as attractive as him in that moment.

He slowly shook his head.

“Ani, you didn’t!” he said softly and was it me or did his voice sound more husky than usual?

I felt kinda panicky.

No, this really wasn’t the way I was supposed to feel around Yesung.

I wanted my comfortable best friend back.

“I…uh…I…you know I have something to do right now!” I said.

“Sure” he agreed calmly.

Damn, what was wrong with me?

“Uh, I have to go!”

He nodded and smiled slightly.

Was he mocking me?

I walked around him and hurriedly headed for one of the hallways.

“The hairpin really looks cute on you” I heard him say behind me.

I looked at him over my shoulder for a second.

Mistake!

That smile would follow me for the whole day.

I sped up until I was basically running through the hallway.

Damn!

What was wrong with me?

Why did I always feel confused?

And why was I always running through this building like a crazy chick?

I stopped and took in a deep breath.

This is ridiculous!

There was really nothing wrong with thinking that Yesung is hot, right?

He is a star for a reason, right?

Girls all over the world think him hot, so there shouldn’t be anything wrong with me thinking half smiling Yesung y!

Well, he wasn’t half just now!

BUT HE WAS IN MY MIND!

Damn him for opening the door like that!

I groaned frustrated.

No, Yesung was my friend so I should be able to look at his half body or at his smile without feeling weird.

Right!

I will work on that from now on!

Well, maybe after a week of not seeing him!

That’s the plan!

I will stay away from him for a while to get half him out of my head and then we will be best buddies again.

I started to walk back to the entrance hall.

Maybe I should get Kibum half so I can have him to distract me and make me forget about half Yesung.

Well, I could also try to make Kibum always smile at me so I never would have time to think about that y smile of Yesung again.

Right, that’s it!

“Uhm, annyeong!”

My head snapped up to see someone standing in front of me.

AWKWARD!

Why didn’t I look where I was walking?

What’s this with me running into awkward situations this morning?

First Kibum and Donghae, then Yesung and now Henry?

GREAT!

This morning !

“Uhm, annyeong” I said.

Honestly, I felt bad.

I had avoided him ever since our “date”.

I know it wasn’t the right thing to do and I felt like a for it, but I just didn’t know what to say to him.

“So, how have you been?” he asked a bit distantly.

“Uhm, good and you?” I replied awkwardly.

“Well you know, recently I felt kinda grumpy because this girl stood me up and then hooked up with one of my hyungs!”

I bit my lips ashamed.

“Henry, I’m really so so sorry!” I said not knowing what else to say.

He sighed.

“Well, you know! But I heard this girl will make it up to me by buying me a huge frappuccino over at starbucks!”

My eyes widened and my head snapped up to look at him.

“That’s all?”

Henry’s serious face disappeared and he started to smiled

“That’s all!”

“For real?”

“Well, you didn’t think I would be really mad at you for this, right? It was just a friendly date, anyway right? Besides I already knew something was going on between you and Kibummie-hyung!”

“You did?” I felt really stupid now.

“Sure, who didn’t?”

I blushed.

“So, you see! I really want to have this frappuccino, plus there is a new girl working at the starbucks store on the other side of the street who looks really cute and I need you to talk to her and find out if she is a weirdo or not!”

I chuckled.

“A girl, ey? Why don’t you talk to her yourself?”

“Duh, because I can’t just talk to random girls on the street! Someone might see it and then all hell will break lose!”

I laughed.

“Okay, okay, I got it! I promise to buy you that frappuccino and talk to that girl of yours!”

“Great! So see you for lunch break then?”

“Sure!”

With that he smiled and walked away.

I sighed.

At least one problem less!

 

___________________________________________________________________

Okay people, this chapter and the next were once supposed to be one chapter...but somehow it got out of hand and got longer and longer and looooooooooonger...and by the end it was like 64 pages long O_O WTH?!?!?!?!?

So I decided to split it...eventhought both are happening on the same day!

I hope you like both of them!

 

And in the end of this chapter...once again...my usual question and poll...who do you think Amber should end up with???

VOTE PLEASE!!!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/poll/aff_view/1207