Rather Jump Than Fall?

Just A Phone Call Away

***Hyukjae’s POV***

Okay, my hand still hurts sooooooooo much!“ Donghae complained.

He was lying next to me on the grass.

We arrived at the Han River Park half an hour ago.

Really the game in the mall didnt have a good outcome for us.

First we were discovered immediately after we entered the mall then we feared for our life as more and more girls were surrounding us.

After that there were some security guys who helped us out and we already felt relieved that we could return to the bus.

Thats where I thought wrong as obviously some of the managers had the instructions to put up a long table for us to give signatures for the remaining fifty minutes of the game.

Okay, dont get me wrong, I love our fans, but those signing events were really evil.

Neh, my fingers are falling off!” Kyuhyun whined.

I giggled.

You only had to sign for ten minutes. Stop complaining!”

But my foot hurts, too!” Kyuhyun continued.

Serves you right. You should learn to have some respect for your elders!” Kangin said.

Yah, leave him alone. He already suffered enough!” Leeteuk intervened.

I looked over to the leader.

He was sitting with Lin, Yesung and Ryeowook.

Lin seemed to have the time of her life, obviously Yesung was telling her some of his weird jokes that no one understands.

Dont be jealous!” I could hear Donghae besides me say.

I smiled at him.

Anniyo, Im not!”

Then why dont you go over there and talk to her?” Kibum asked absentmindedly as he was currently reading the script for his drama he was going to play in next month.

Why should I? She is having fun over there and Im talking to you guys right now. I like days like this one!”

Hyung, just go and talk to her!” Henry said amused.

Anniyo, I dont want to!” I replied.

Wae?” Siwon asked suddenly.

I looked around.

Somehow everyone but the guys who were sitting with Lin were looking at me.

I sighed.

Just cant we have fun today without my feelings being a topic?”

Hyung, we just want to see you happy, so we want to help you!” Kyuhyun said.

Youre not helping me by pushing me or Lin. Just lets have fun without thinking about anything else!”

Donghae giggled.

You are such a loser!”

I punched Donghaes thigh.

Im not!”

Of course! You are afraid to talk to her after last night!” he said while rubbing his thigh.

Im…!”

Guys, lets start our next game!” Lin suddenly shouted.

What is it?” Kangin asked.

As Yesung, Ryeowook and Zhou Mi won the last game, they decided to go to this place. They also will decide what we are going to play next.”

Chincha?” Yesung asked happily.

Everyone groaned.

Guys, get ready!” Leeteuk shouted.

We all grinned and jumped up to run away.

I looked over to Lin, who was watching us with wide eyes.

I giggled as she didnt have a clue.

I ran over to her, grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

How long, Yesungie-hyung?” I asked.

Wait, whats going on?” Lin asked irritated.

On the count of 100!” Yesung answered with a smile.

Great!” with that I took off running, pulling Lin with me.

Yah, Lee Hyukjae, where are we running?” Lin asked, trying to keep up with me.

I noticed her having problems, running that fast, so I slowed down a bit.

If you ask Yesungie-hyung and Wookie to choose a game, they always pick to play hide and seek!” I explained while running.

Lin pulled my arm back and we stopped.

So, why I am running with you? I could have helped to seek!”

Hyukjae winked at me.

Anniyo, you were with them the last game, so now Im taking you with me!”

I could see Lin blush a bit.

Okay!” she finally agreed.

Great!” I gave her a big smile and then we ran together.

Hyukie-ya, look over there!” Lin suddenly exclaimed, pointing to a small cabin where they rented out paddleboats.

Isnt that too mean, Angel?” I asked.

She winked at me.

Everything is allowed in war and love!”

I laughed.

Were in war?”

Lin looked at me surprised.

You want to win, right?”

Of course!” I said.

Lin nodded.

Then we are in war!”

I shook my head amused.

Sadly and I thought you wanted us to rent a boat because we are in love!”

She rolled with her eyes and then smacked my head.

Pabo, come on!”

This time she pulled me with her and we rented a boat.

I bet you they will find us last!” Lin said ambitious.

We paddled away from the shore.

When we had enough distance from the park, we stopped paddling and leaned back in our seats.

The sun was shining and the sky was blue.

You know, this silence is really nice!” I mumbled.

Lin laughed.

And youre finally seeing some sun. You are way too pale!”

I looked at Lin.

Yah, Im not!”

Of course, just a few hours less in the sun and you will look as pale as the game addict!” she teased.

You are one to talk. Look at your own skin before teasing!”

She snorted.

You know, Asian people are naturally a bit more tanned than German people.”

Whatever you say!” I said.

She stuck out her tongue at me.

I closed my eyes and enjoyed the sun for a while.

We were just enjoying each others company for the next hour.

Telling jokes, teasing each other and relaxing.

I almost had fallen asleep, when I heard a click.

I opened my eyes and looked over to Lin, who was holding a camera.

Yah, you know, thats taking advantage of me. You cant just lure me on this boat and then take pictures of me without telling me so. Are you planning on earning some extra cash as paparazzi?” I joked.

Lin laughed.

Oh, Hyukie-ya, believe me, if I wanted to take advantage of you, taking photos wouldnt be my choice!”

I widened my eyes.

It wouldnt?”

She shook her head, winking.

You know, if you have some time you should take a look inside the mirror. Believe me, every woman by her right mind wouldnt chose to take pictures if she could do something else!”

I felt myself blushing a bit and the old shyness taking over me, but then I slapped myself mentally.

No, you wont be all shy now.

So, what would they rather do?” I asked lowering my voice a bit.

Lin took another picture of me and took a look at it.

Aw, thats a nice one. Im going to keep this one!”

I chuckled.

Now you are avoiding my question!”

Lin sighed.

Anniyo, but thats a stupid question. You know what Im talking about!”

I grinned.

Yet you are choosing to take pictures,” I said trying to lighten the mood, but somehow it didnt work.

Lin looked over to me.

She obviously had a lot of thoughts about this matter as she kept silent for a while and I could see a lot of emotions washing over her face.

After a few minutes of us staring at each other, she leaned closer to me.

Is there anything you rather would me have doing?” she whispered in a husky voice.

I gulped.

 

***Donghaes POV***

Donghae-ya, have you found anyone, yet?” Yesung shouted over to me.

Other than you?” I asked teasing him.

Yah, you know, I was supposed to find you!” he shot back.

I chuckled.

Neh, but someone decided to fall into a bush full of thorns!

Aish, that really hurt! At least turtle wasnt stung, Yesung mumbled, while rubbing his back.

I shook my head and had to bite my lip to not burst into another fit of laughter.

Imagine this one.

I was hiding up on a tree and I could see Yesung walking over to me.

I already thought he would find me, but then he was walking over to a small park which was enclosed by bushes.

He obviously was looking for one of us, when suddenly a bee decided to mess with him.

Normally Yesung was one of the coolest guys ever, but somehow he really was afraid of bees.

So, when he saw the bee, he walked away, but the small thing followed him, making him run around the bushes like crazy.

That already got me laughing.

But then another bee decided to follow him and even dared to land on his bag.

Yesung swung around his bag forcefully while running around, screaming something like “BACK OFF YOU RETARTED BEES, ME AND TURTLE ARE ABLE TO DO KARATE!”

And if that didnt already made me almost fall from the tree, the next thing did for sure.

Yesung was swirling around with his bag and somehow the swirl and the fact that he had been running around gave his movement more force than he probably had intended as he toppled over his feet and landed right in a bush.

Really I was dying from laughter on my tree for a minute, when I heard Yesung shout.

DONGHAE-YA, WHEREEVER YOU ARE! COME OUT AND HELP YOUR HYUNG! THIS REALLY HURTS! THERE ARE THORNS EVERYWHERE!”

That threw me into another fit of laughter, but I managed to slide off of the tree without falling down and ran over to Yesung to help him out.

To see that one it didnt matter to me that I lost the game.

After Yesung and I had pulled every single thorn out of Yesungs clothes and body we continued to seek the others.

For all I knew Yesung, Ryeowook and Zhou Mi already managed to find Shindong, who wasnt hiding at all as he was sitting at an ice cream parlour having some of his most beloved chocolate ice cream.

They also found Kyuhyun, who gave up on running with his foot and had sat down just a few meters away from our picnic spot with a few kids that had a gameboy advanced with them.

For all I knew he even still sat there competing with the kids.

Suddenly I heard someone giggle.

Donghae-ya, look at that!” Yesung exclaimed, pointing to some statue before us.

I blinked a few times, then I started to laugh.

Right there was a statue of a horse with a rider.

Just that the rider didnt belong to the horse.

Honestly I wouldnt have figured it out, if Yesungie hadnt started to giggle.

We walked over to the statue.

Yah, Kibum-ah, very impressive, your acting classes finally are paying off!” I shouted when we were just meters away.

Aish, you guys, I thought you already decided to walk on without noticing me!” Kibum grumbled.

Yesung winked.

Youll never succeed to deceive those eyes of mine. Bow before me and call me Master of Hide and Seek!”

I nudged him.

Yah, you wouldnt have found me, if you wouldnt have fall…”

Yesung smacked the back of my head.

Keep talking and I will haunt you in your sleep every night!

You mean other than coming into our rooms to touch us wherever?” Kibum asked dryly.

Yesung stared at us and then walked off ignoring us.

I nudged Kibum.

You know, you shouldnt mess around with Yesungi-hyung. He is unpredictable!”

Kibum shrugged his shoulders.

Whatever, Im not the one living with him!”

With that he walked off, probably back to the picnic spot to read his script.

I looked around for some of the members, but as I couldnt see anyone I decided to just walk into the direction of the playground.

Maybe I could find Hyukie there as he really loved that place.

It wasnt the best idea to look for one of my own team mates as I wanted to win this round, but it is just more fun with him around.

As our day off was on a Saturday there were a lot of people around the park.

I knew exactly that some of them recognized us upon seeing us, but as the park is some place to enjoy yourself and recover from school or work, most of them left us alone.

Maybe smiling and waving or shouting a greet, taking some pictures, but they didnt really follow us.

Okay most of them left us alone, not including kids obviously.

I really had to smile as I came across our picnic spot.

I could see Kyuhyun being surrounded by a lot of kids that were challenging him in some game on the gameboy.

Yah, you little cheater, you arent allowed to attack from behind the back. That isnt very manly!” I could hear Kyuhyun shout.

Yah, Oppa, Im a girl, I dont want to be manly!” I heard the voice of a little girl shout back.

Girls shouldnt be allowed to play gameboy anyway. You should go play with dolls and learn how to cook!” Kyuhyun shot back.

I stopped in my tracks as that discussion was just way too funny.

The girl laid down her gameboy in her lap and gave Kyuhyun a shocked stare.

Oppa, from which time did you come from? Girls are way more intelligent than boys, so you should be the one playing with dolls and learn how to cook so you can be useful for something at all!”

I burst out in laughter upon seeing Kyuhyuns perplexed face.

That little girl really had made him speechless with her maybe seven years.

Okay, thats it! Im going to destroy you and send you back to your dolls!” Kyuhyun suddenly exclaimed.

The kids around him giggled.

I shook my head and continued my walk.

When I came across a bench I could see two people sitting on it.

Really, didnt those kids have any private place to do stuff like this?

I didnt want to look at them too much.

You shouldnt watch a couple making out in the public.

Okay, that couple shouldnt make out in public anyway, but how erted would it be to stare at them like a stalker?

I was passing them, trying my best to ignore them, when I heard a familiar giggle.

I stopped in my tracks not really prepared to turn around, yet.

I kept my back to the couple.

Okay, this is better not what it looks like!” I said.

I heard two men burst out in laughter.

Aish, Donghae-ya, you should know better than to disturb a couple!”

I closed my eyes and then turned around only to groan.

Urgh, hyungs, really, that is so gross!”

Damn, we thought you wouldnt recognize us!”

I shook my head.

I wouldnt have, if it hadnt been for Hankyungs giggling!”

Heechul, who was currently straddling Hankyung, punched his friends shoulder.

I told you to stop giggling!”

Hankyung pushed Heechul down from his lap, making him land on the ground.

Sorry, but this hideout was just too stupid, I couldnt help myself!”

Heechul glared at him and stood up from the ground.

It totally would have worked if you wouldnt have giggled like a goose!”

I shook my head.

Really, sometimes I wonder if you guys are really a couple!”

Heechul winked at me.

And that from the guy who more often sleeps in the bed of a monkey than in his own!”

Yah, thats just because we fall asleep while talking, besides his bed is much more comfortable than mine!” I defended myself.

Yeah, whatever, just make sure Lin wont catch you!” Hankyung teased.

I blinked at them.

Yah, you think when they come together, he will sleep over at her place?” I asked hopefully.

Heechul snickered.

You dont really expect one of our Christians to sleep over at a girls apartment without being married?”

He isnt as religious as Siwon,” I replied.

Why are you so keen on them sleeping together?” Hankyung asked.

I sighed dreamily.

That way I could have his whole comfortable bed for myself!”

Pabo!” Heechul said.

Come on, lets find the others!” Hankyung suggested.

Right, we totally have to find Kangin and Leeteuk! Those guys cant win!” Heechul exclaimed and skipped ahead.

I looked at Hankyung shaking my head.

What?” he asked amused.

You really gave in to hide as a “making-out couple”?” I asked with a grin.

It almost worked, didnt it?” he replied.

I laughed.

Youre sure you arent a real couple and just wanted to make out with your boyfriend? Wait, or is it girlfriend?”

Hankyung snorted.

If one of us is the girlfriend then it has to be the Cinderella!”

I laughed.

What about you guys? Who is the girl? Hyukjae or the sweet fishy?”

I looked at Hankyung shocked.

Hyung, thats really, totally…urgh…gross!”

 

***Kangins POV***

Okay, so far Henry, Kyuhyun, Kibum, Siwon, Donghae, Sungmin, Shindong, myself, Hankyung, Heechul and Leeteuk have been found. Yesung, Ryeowook and Zhou Mi have been the seekers from the beginning. So who are we still missing?” I asked.

I could hear some giggling.

Our lovey dovey couple is missing!” Heechul chirped.

YES, that makes us the winners!” Donghae exclaimed, high fiving Henry.

Should we just call them to tell them they have won?” Ryeowook asked.

Anniyo, lets find them!” I said, rubbing my hands.

But hyung, we already looked everywhere!” Sungmin said.

Anniyo, obviously not as we still havent found them!” I replied.

Okay, lets make a plan. Where did we look?” Leeteuk asked.

They havent been around our picnic spot ever since they ran away!” Kyuhyun said.

They havent been at the playground, either!” Sungmin said.

Nor have they been at the bus!” Henry said.

I couldnt see them anywhere around the fountain park, could you Donghae-ya?” Yesung asked.

Donghae shook his head.

They havent been around the ice cream parlour!” Shindong said.

Okay, could anyone see them running away?” I asked.

They ran in the direction of the promenade!” Kyuhyun said, pointing in said direction.

Then what are we waiting for? Lets look over there!”

We all ran in the direction, being followed with some distance by Kyuhyun hobblung behind us being supported by Donghae and Henry.

When we reached the promenade, I could feel many eyes on us.

Okay, they have been staring before, but with us all being together it got even worse.

Everyone looked around for our missing PA and our monkey.

It was really like they had disappeared from the top of the world.

They wouldn’t dare to head for somewhere else to hide, would they?” Leeteuk asked.

Anniyo, they have to be somewhere!” I replied.

We were looking for another twenty minutes.

Maybe we should really give them a call!” Hankyung said.

And give up?” I asked.

Anniyo, but some of the members are getting a bit worried as they think, Lin or Hyukjae should have called by now, to ask if they can come out,” Leeteuk explained.

You think so?” I asked.

Leeteuk nodded his head.

We already played for more than one and a half hours. Lin would have called!”

Everyone looking so worried infected me, really.

I sighed.

Okay, just lets give them a call!”

Donghae-ya?” Leeteuk shouted.

Already dialling!” Donghae answered.

We all watched Donghae waiting for someone to pick up.

He waited some minutes then furrowed his brows and ended the call.

What is it?” I asked.

Hyukie switched off his phone!” Donghae answered.

Lets try Lins!” Leeteuk said and dialled with his mobile.

We all waited again, but Leeteuk ended the call with the same result.

Nothing! She switched it off!” he said.

Thats really weird!” I said.

Hyung, maybe something happened!” Ryeowook whispered worriedly.

I smiled at him, trying to push aside my own worries.

Anniyo, they are probably just hiding to make out somewhere!”

You think they are at that stage already?” Yesung asked gravely.

Maybe!” I said with a wink.

Suddenly Leeteuk grabbed mine and Yesungs arm and pulled us over to where Hankyung and Heechul were standing.

What are we supposed to do now?” Hankyung asked.

You being so grave doesnt help to not worry the dongsaengs, Yesungie-hyung!” I said.

Excuse me, Im just worried about them!” Yesung shot back.

Yah, dont fight. Its not the time for it! Maybe we should call the managers!” Leeteuk said.

You think thats necessary? They could just be anywhere still hiding, not thinking anything of it!” Heechul suggested.

Okay, that was really creeping me out.

If Heechul is being that serious it meant for him to actually be very worried.

Maybe we should just look again, maybe they are already back at…”

HYUNGS, LOOK OVER THERE!” Donghae suddenly shouted.

We all looked over to him seeing him pointing at something.

What is it, Donghae-ya?” I asked.

Looks like something happened over there!” Kyuhyun answered.

We all took a look and we could see a big crowd forming around a cabin where you could rent paddleboats.

Should we take a look? Maybe Hyukjae-ya attracted some crowd or something,” Zhou Mi asked.

The younger ones didnt even wait, they walked over there immediately, dont giving us the choice but to follow them.

When we arrived at the cabin and made our way through the crowd to see what had happened, I had to whistle.

What the hell?” Heechul shouted.

Pssst, we want to see the rest of this cute couple fighting!” a girl shouted annoyed.

 

***Lins POV***

Is there anything you rather would me have doing?” I whispered in a husky voice.

I could see him gulping.

Really he almost got to me, but I caught myself in time to turn this game back on him.

I decided to a bit.

Uhm…I…,” he stammered.

I chuckled and got up from my seat to straddle his lap.

I leaned down to bring our faces close together.

Hyukjaes eyes widened in surprise.

You want me to do that?” I whispered.

I would have laughed about his face, if he hadnt been that cute.

His face was beat red and he was squirming a bit beneath me, telling me that he wasnt that close to girls very often.

I looked at his eyes and they were full of emotion.

Okay, beat me, but maybe I just got myself in a very stupid situation.

Teasing him?

Who are you kidding?

Youre sitting on the lap of your biggest crush ever and his lips are just millimetres away from yours.

He was looking at you with his beautiful warm eyes.

Oh, stupid, stupid, stupid!

What did you do that for?

Are you some kind of masochist?

You knew nothing could happen!

I felt him positioning his hands on my hips and I felt his touch like fire.

I slapped myself mentally.

You are such an idiot.

I started to giggle nervously and wanted to stand up again, but his hands on my hips held me in place.

Where do you think you are going?” I heard him ask a bit amused.

I looked at his face again.

Wow, how did he do that?

Obviously he had overcome his shyness, replacing it with dangerous male confidence.

I always thought this guy was too nice and sweet to have this side, but obviously I have been wrong.

Boy, have I been wrong!

His eyes darted to my lips and I got really nervous.

Hyukjae-ya?” I asked a bit worried about what was about to happen.

I tried again to get away from him, by pushing my hands against his shoulders.

I already felt relieved as I could feel myself being freed from his hands, but then something must have happened as the next thing I knew, was the boat hitting something forcefully, me losing my balance, falling to the side.

Everything happened so fast.

Hyukjaes eyes widened in shock and he tried to catch me, but in honour of his clumsy self he tripped over something and fell forward, making the whole boat toppling over.

I felt water all over my body as we both fell into the river.

When I pushed back to the surface of the river I was spitting out the water and looked around me.

A second later Hyukjae came up, too.

His face was priceless and I couldnt stop myself and burst out into laughter.

Yah, thats not funny. Now we are both tripping wet!” Hyukjae exclaimed, spitting out the water.

Mianhae, but you look just too funny!” I said.

Hyukjae glared at me.

You know, you shouldnt have been that afraid of me kissing you! None of this would have happened then!”

I raised my brows.

Yah, Im not afraid of you kissing me!”

Whatever!” he grumbled and swam back to the boat.

I looked at him confused.

Did I hurt his feelings by pushing him away?

Hyukjae-ya, I…”

He climbed back in the boat, ignoring me.

Lets head back to the shore!” he said, holding out his hand for me to help me inside the boat.

I really didnt know what to do.

Him being angry at me, didnt fit well with me.

Hyukjae-ya, whats wrong?” I asked a bit irritated.

Hyukjae grabbed my hand after I reached the boat and pulled me back on it forcefully.

I fell right into his arms and he was steadying me.

I looked up at him and I thought I would see his usual smile, but instead he just let go of me.

He tried his best to do something about his messed up hair.

I stopped his actions, by lying my hand on his arm.

Hyukjae-ya, what is the matter? Why are you so angry?”

Im not being angry!” he exclaimed madly.

I looked at him disbelieving.

Yes, you are!”

No, Im not!” he snapped.

You obviously are!”

Fine, Im being angry, because you prefer throwing yourself into the river over being kissed by me. That just makes me feel great!” he suddenly exploded.

I was shocked.

You think I jumped into the river by choice?” I asked.

He rolled his eyes and turned his back to me.

Whatever!” he snapped.

Okay, thats it.

He must be the most stupid person on the world.

As if any girl would rather dive into a dirty river than kiss him.

I tried my best to stay away from him, really.

At least romantically, but him being like that, I seriously had enough.

You are a really pabo!” I shouted.

He turned around.

Says the weird girl jumping into the river!” he shot back.

I wasnt jumping into the river to avoid your kiss!” I hissed.

Oh, right, you jumped into the river to…why did you?” he asked madly.

I groaned.

I dont know. I just fell!”

You just fell?” he asked disbelieving.

Neh!”

Are you going to church tomorrow?” he asked out of the blue.

Of course, I promised to Siwon!” I said annoyed.

Then be prepared to do some confessions there! Maybe god will understand your reason for jumping into the river!”

You know what! Youre a real idiot!” I shouted and pushed him, which made him fall into the river again.

I was about to smile satisfied, but somehow in his fall he must have caught onto my hand and pulled me with him.

We both came up at the same time.

Stop pushing me into the river!” Hyukjae shouted.

I didnt push you the first time!” I gave back.

Oh right, you jumped!” he said.

I didnt jump!” I shouted.

I must be disgusting!” he said annoyed.

Thats it!

I swam to him, grabbed his shirt and pulled him towards me.

I kissed him for a split second and then pushed him away.

He looked at me in shock.

Stop saying I would rather jump into this ugly water before kissing you!” I said and swam back to the boat.

I suddenly got aware of some noises.

I looked around only to see a large crowd, which had gathered around the cabin of the boat renting place.

Obviously the people were applauding.

I scanned the people for photographers, but I couldnt see any.

I felt relieve washing over me, until my eyes landed on some familiar faces at the shore.

Great, thats just great!” I exclaimed.

Now I will never hear the end of it.

All of the Super Junior guys were standing at the shore grinning like mad.