Worried?

Just A Phone Call Away

***Lin’s POV***

 

I was mad, really mad.

This whole day had been really tiring.

First waking up the guys (especially Leeteuk) making sure they were all ready on time.

Then there had been Donghae and his accident.

And finally this really long, but very important meeting.

We discussed for hours how to rearrange the guys’ schedules, so that everyone could have back a little bit of their private life.

It had been really tiring and some of the managers had been quite uncooperative.

However others were more than happy to give the Super Junior members a little bit more free time.

We pushed their schedules to and fro for what seemed to be an eternity before everyone finally agreed to the arrangements.

I felt really happy in the end.

After my brief talk to Leeteuk, I felt even happier as he seemed really sorry for his earlier behavior.

Not that I was under any assumption that he wouldn’t do the exact same thing the next morning, but knowing he doesn’t want to be mean to me on purpose, made me feel better.

I drove to the supermarket to go grocery shopping for the guys and for the dinner I wanted to cook.

I even went to the pharmacy to buy some stuff the guys might need in future and some medicine and vitamins for Hyukjae to recover faster.

Honestly I was quite concerned for his health, seeing as a fever can weaken you quite a bit for some time, and Hyukjae had a lot of things on his schedule.

When I arrived at the guys’ apartment, it was dark so I gathered that Hyukjae must be asleep in his room.

I put away the groceries and then started to cook.

After a while, when the food just needed time to simmer, I went over to his room to check on him.

I opened his door and called out his name softly.

There was no answer.

I switched on the lights.

What I saw made me really angry.

He wasn’t in his bed and obviously not at home.

So he must have gone to practice.

I left the room and went to finish cooking, trying to keep calm.

I set the table and then switched on the TV while waiting for the guys.

After half an hour I could hear loud voices and fast steps in the hallway and then the door was pushed open.

“Noona!” Ryeowook shouted and then came running into the living room.

I stood up from the couch and he crashed right into me.

“You are the best Noona ever!”

I had to laugh, about his cute antics.

Then Ryeowook was pulled away and I stood facing Donghae.

I felt a bit awkward seeing as we had that strange car ride this morning.

He looked at me with a lot of emotions on his face then he surprised me by pulling me into his arms.

He hugged me tightly and I didn’t really know what to do, so I hugged him back.

“Thank you,” he whispered into my ear.

His voice sounded hoarse.

“Yah, Donghae-ya, let her go already!” Heechul shouted.

I looked over Donghae’s shoulder to see all the other guys standing there smiling.

My eyes landed on Hyukjae, who looked really tired and pale.

He winked at me and I just looked away, ignoring him.

That guy! If he falls ill again it’s his own fault.

Kangin came over and pried Donghae away from me.

The younger one had tears b in his eyes.

“So I gather you are okay with me rearranging your schedules?” I asked a bit nervously.

They all shook their heads and I was shocked.

“Oh?” I said confused.

I felt a bad feeling rising.

“Oh, I’m sorry. You want your old schedules back? We can do that. I’m sorry, I just thought…”

“You arranged for us to have more free time, being able to see our families and friends more often and for our responsibilities to be shared more equally between each of us. Of course we are not okay,” Leeteuk said calmly.

I felt horrible for interfering.

“Mianhae!” I exclaimed.

“We’re perfect. WE LOVE IT!” he shouted happily.

And with that all of them started laughing, jumping around and hugging me.

“You , Leeteuk Oppa!” I said when he hugged me.

He just laughed.

“Hyung, tell her about our surprise!” Sungmin said happily.

“Ah, neh!” Leeteuk answered.

“What surprise?” I asked excitedly.

Kangin came over and put his arm around my shoulders.

“You will be so happy, Flower!”

“Chincha?” I asked suspiciously.

“Kangin-shi, don’t scare her off,” Hankyung said and pushed him away.

“Xie xie ni!” I smiled at him.

“Bu yong xie!”

“So, what surprise?” I tried again.

“We want to thank you, so…,” Siwon started, but Yesung cut him off.

“We want to give you ourselves as a present!” Yesung exclaimed.

We all looked at him with dumbfounded expressions and then I had to laugh really hard.

“Hyung, it sounds really awkward if you say it like that,” Hyukjae said embarrassed.

“Why? It’s right!” Yesung stated.

“What the weirdo is trying to say is that you can have us!” Heechul said excided.

I blinked at him confused and then turned to Hankyung.

“Did I understand him right? I’m not quite sure!” I asked him in Chinese.

“Wo bu zhidao” he said dryly.

“Please, tell me what the surprise is about. Their explanations are weird. You are a normal guy. So what’s it about?” I continued talking in Chinese to him.

“Actually, we decided to give you our first day off that we are supposed to spend together. We want to spend it with you and do whatever you want to do,” he explained still in Chinese.

“Aw, you guys are so cute!” I exclaimed happily, switching back to Korean.

“Hyung, what did you just tell her?” Hyukjae asked.

“Something about fish,” Heechul said.

Donghae and Kyuhyun sniggered.

“Hyung, you aren’t able to understand Chinese even if your life depended on it,” Kyuhyun said.

“DAE? I was right, Kitty, wasn’t I?” Heechul asked me, giving me his most beautiful smile.

“Sure,” I answered dryly.

“Lin-ah, you aren’t supposed to boost his arrogance,” Leeteuk said.

I had to laugh.

“Kamsa hamnida, guys, that’s a nice surprise!”

“We will spend the whole day with you!” Ryeowook exclaimed happily.

I nodded at him.

“Okay, now, let’s eat!” I ordered.

They guys cheered upon hearing the word “eat”.

They all settled down around the table and I brought over the food.

“Angel, sit down next to me!” Hyukjae said happily.

I looked at him and he still looked extremely pale, even though he tried to cover his bad condition with a smile.

I went into the kitchen to get the medicine I bought for him earlier.

I put it down in front of him.

“Take one of each before eating!”

He smiled at me gratefully and nodded.

He pulled out the chair next to him, signaling for me to sit down.

I was still mad at him for going to practice, so I ignored the chair and went over to sit next to Sungmin and Kyuhyun.

I could see and feel Hyukjae looking at me throughout the dinner.

By the time we finished dinner, which had been very loud and happy, it was time for Hyukjae and Leeteuk to leave for “Kiss the Radio”.

“Hyukjae-ya?” I called after him as he was about to leave the apartment.

“Neh?” he asked with what seemed to be a hopeful voice.

I really wanted him to stay and recover.

But like this morning he probably wouldn't listen to me anyway.

I sighed and shook my head.

“Nothing. Leeteuk Oppa, drive carefully, will you?”

“Arasseo!” he said and winked at me.

Hyukjae gave me one last glance before he left with Leeteuk.

“Did you fight?” Kyuhyun asked straight away as soon as the door closed.

All the guys from downstairs with the exception of Donghae had already left.

“Dae?” I asked him surprised.

“You and Hyukie-hyung? Lovers’ spat?”

I smacked him on the back of his head.

“We aren’t lovers, we barely just met, pabo!”

“Love is still love. If it happens, it happens. You can’t decide how it happens. It could be love at first sight!” he explained.

“You would make a great couple, you and Hyukie-hyung,” Ryeowook said excitedly.

“Guys!” Donghae intervened.

“We’re not lovers!” I exclaimed firmly.

“But you fought?” Yesung inquired.

I sighed.

“You really did?” Kyuhyun said quite shocked.

“You fought with Hyuk-ah? That’s almost like hitting a puppy,” Sungmin stated confused.

He seemed almost as shocked as Kyuhyun.

“How can anyone have a fight with Hyukie? He is one of the kindest guys ever!” Donghae asked interested.

I looked confused at him.

I still didn’t get his behavior earlier.

“Yah, I’m nice and kind, too, but it didn’t stop you from being rude to me this morning, too. Besides Hyukjae-ya and I didn’t fight. When could we have done that? We didn’t see each other since this morning!”

Donghae became beat red.

“Dongsaeng, you have been rude to her? Why?” Yesung asked confused.

I felt bad.

I didn’t want to talk about this here.

Donghae got even redder.

“It doesn’t matter, Yesung Oppa” I muttered.

“So if you didn’t fight why have you been so cold to him?” Kyuhyun asked.

I sighed.

“I was just a little bit mad.”

“Wae?” Sungmin wanted to know.

I sighed again.

“Because I wanted him to stay at the apartment to recover today, but instead he chose to go to practice, making him feel even worse. He looked terribly pale when he came back.”

Kyuhyun lowered his head.

“Mianhaeyo. Hyukjae-hyung just went because I begged him. Please, don’t stay mad at him. He seemed to be sad about you being cold to him,” he said in a low voice.

I smiled at him.

“Gwenchana, Kyu-ya, it isn’t your fault! He could have said no, you know?” I said.

“He would have gone anyway,” Donghae said to cheer up Kyuhyun.

“But can’t you just forgive him? We aren’t used to someone who really looks out for us and normally we would train even if we aren’t feeling really well,” Yesung asked of me.

I smiled at him.

He seems to really care about his dongsaengs and hyungs.

“Arasseo”

“Yay, Eunna are back together!” Kyuhyun exclaimed.

“Dae? Eunna?” I asked amused.

“Neh, Kyu and I came up with the couple name. You know Hyukjae and Lin Na, Eunna. Lin Na is your real name, right?” Sungmin explained.

I laughed and shook my head.

“Okay, we’re no couple. Wouldn’t want to break up Eunhae. That would be too sad!”

They all laughed, even Donghae.

“And my real name isn’t Lin Na. Lin Na is just my Chinese name. My real name is Sabrina!”

“Chincha?” Kyuhyun asked.

I nodded.

I smiled at their attempts to say my real name.

It sounded a bit weird at first, but after I repeated it a few more times, they got it.

“Sabrina is a nice name,” Donghae said.

He was the only one who managed to say it on the first try.

I looked at him.

“Donghae-ya, would you mind coming over to my apartment for a minute? I want to talk to you about something!”

He hesitated but then nodded.

“Noona, who is supposed to clean up all the dishes?” Kyuhyun asked before we could leave.

“You will do it,” I said smiling at him sweetly.

“But that isn’t fair,” he complained.

“How about I cook in the other guys’ apartment tomorrow and then they have to clean up? Besides see it as your punishment for pushing Hyukjae to go to your training,” I said.

“Will you use even more dishes tomorrow?” he asked hopefully.

I laughed.

“Why should I?”

“Because you like our apartment better than the others’?”

I grinned.

“What makes you think that?”

“Because we are more handsome and have the better voices and dancers,” Kyuhyun said with a wink.

“Yah, better dancers? What about me, Hankyung-hyung and Teukie-hyung?” Donghae asked indignantly.

I burst out laughing.

“And we have Hyukjae, of course,” he continued with a devilish grin.

I shook my head at him.

“We will see!”

“Ha, I knew, you liked him!” he exclaimed excitedly.

I rolled my eyes.

“Pabo!”

With that I followed Donghae over to my apartment.

I let him in and he entered looking around impressed.

“Your apartment is nice!” he said.

“Kamsa hamnida!”

He walked over to a shelf where I put up pictures of my family and friends.

He looked at a photo of my family and took it in his hands to look at it closely.

“Who are those people?”

“That’s my family!”

He took another look at them.

“Are those your cousins, too?”

I laughed.

“No, those are all my siblings.”

He looked at me with huge eyes.

“Wow, your family is very large.”

I nodded.

“Yes, there is my mom, two brothers, four sisters, one sister-in-law, one brother-in-law, three nephews and one niece” I explained to him while pointing at the people I was talking about.

“Are they all in Germany?”

“Neh,” I nodded.

“Do you miss them?” he asked concerned.

I nodded.

“Of course, but I talk to them over the internet very often. Besides I have you guys now, right?”

He sighed.

“About that, I’m sorry for my behavior this morning,” he said looking at me sincerely.

I nodded.

“Gwenchana, but what has been wrong with you?”

He sighed again.

“Honestly, I have problems with girls getting close to all of us,” he explained.

“Wae?” I asked.

“Because it always ends badly. Jealousy, love, fights and all that stuff,” he said awkwardly.

I thought about it for a moment.

“Are you trying to explain to me that you are afraid of me possibly becoming the reason of tensions between you guys?” I finally asked.

He nodded.

“Donghae-ya, I promise you I won’t do anything to bring you trouble. I’m here to help you guys out, arasseo?” I said.

“Maybe you don’t want to, but it can happen without you noticing it,” he whispered looking at the other pictures.

I sighed.

“Okay, then I promise you something else. As soon as I will cause problems or hurt any of you with my staying here, I will resign and leave,” I said.

He giggled.

“That is a stupid promise. Maybe you will make some things better by leaving, but make others worse,” he said with a small smile.

I sighed.

“You are really a hard opponent, Donghae-ya. Can’t we just be friends?”

He shrugged his shoulders.

“It won’t help the problem if I’m mean to you, right? Let us work together and hope for the best” he said.

I grinned and hugged him.

“Kamsa hamnida, Donghae-ya!”

He laughed and then took out another frame.

“Is that girl your sister, too?” Donghae asked me, pointing at a blond woman on a group picture.

“No, that’s one of my best friends. She is currently staying in Germany. But she will be back in Taiwan in a year together with my sister. She stayed with me in Taiwan for two years, but she had to go back due to family matters,” I told him.

“Does she speak Korean, too?” he asked, looking at the picture interested.

“Anniyo, she speaks German, English and Chinese.”

“English and Chinese? I’m okay with those,” he said.

I had to laugh.

“Interested?” I asked amused.

“Anniyo, I was just asking and she is living in Germany anyway,” he explained blushing.

“Okay, I could have given you her mobile number, but if you aren’t interested…,” I trailed off.

“I can’t call just anyone! I’m a star! That would be weird,” he told me.

I grinned.

“Whatever you say.”

He opened his mouth, but was interrupted by a knock at my door.

I went to open the door, but Donghae held me back.

“What's wrong?” I asked.

“Are you crazy? That could be some crazy fan,” he said.

I laughed.

“I don’t have any fans,” I told him.

He rolled with his eyes.

“But I do and someone might have seen me coming over here.”

I laughed even harder.

“Paranoid much?”

I opened the door and Donghae tried to hide behind the couch.

“Oh look, it’s my biggest fan!” I shouted in Donghae’s direction.

Kyuhyun looked at me surprised.

“I am?” he asked.

“You must be, what else might bring you here, knocking at my door?”

“Uhm, okay? Hyung, why are you hiding behind the couch?” Kyuhyun wondered when he saw Donghae standing up.

“Yes, Donghae-ya, what were you doing behind the couch?” I asked amused.

“Just hiding. I felt like it,” he answered embarrassed.

“Okay, what on earth were you guys doing in here before I knocked?” Kyuhyun asked suspiciously.

I tried to answer but Kyuhyun stopped me.

“Actually, I don’t want to know, I’m still young and innocent!”

Donghae snorted.

“Aish, what do you think we were doing? This kid and his gutter mind.”

I laughed at Donghae’s annoyed voice and Kyu’s sheepish grin.

“So, what can I do to help you, Kyu?” I asked.

“Oh, right. I was wondering if you could give me a ride to KBS.”

“KBS? Why?” I asked.

“To replace Hyukie-hyung. After what you told us, I felt bad for making him go to practice, so I watched “Kiss the radio” over the web and he really doesn’t look good” Kyuhyun explained.

I sighed.

“That’s really nice of you, Kyu-ya, but maybe he wants to do the show,” I reasoned.

“How bad does he look?” Donghae asked worried.

“Bad! He looks pale and very tired. He sounds very beat, too.”

Donghae walked over to my laptop.

“May I?”

I nodded.

He switched it on, waited some time and then did some clicks here, some typing there and then he waved at us to come and take a look.

Currently they were playing some music and you could see Hyukjae holding his head in his hands and Leeteuk talking to him in a concerned.

“What do you think?” I asked Donghae worried.

“Don’t know,” he mumbled.

Now Leeteuk started rubbing Hyukjae’s back and talked to someone, probably some of the staff members.

“He doesn’t look so good,” I said concerned for Hyukjae's health.

“Wait, I’ll call in. The song will be over soon,” Donghae said, while dialing his mobile.

“Yoboseo, Donghae imnida. I want to call into the studio,” he said as soon someone picked up the phone.

Then he gave us a thumb up.

We waited for the song to finish and the Leeteuk spoke.

“Okay, we’re back and I was told we have a special guest on the phone. Yoboseo?”

“Yoboseo, Super Junior’s Donghae imnida.”

“Ah, our Donghae-ya. Donghae-ya, what made you call?”

We could see Leeteuk grinning, while Hyukjae sat there, trying to bring a smile to his face.

“Hyung, right now Kyuhyun-ah and I are watching your show!”

“Ah, Kyuhyun-ah is with you?”

Donghae gave the phone to Kyu.

“Neh, Hyung, annyeonghaseo, Kyuhyun imnida.”

“Wah, are you guys at home listening to our show?”

“Neh, we’re watching over the laptop right now.”

Donghae took the phone out of Kyu’s hand.

“Hyung, we’re calling because we’re worried!”

Leeteuk furrowed his brows.

“Wae? Did something happen?” he asked.

“Anniyo, but we want you to send home Hyukie-hyung!”

Hyukjae’s head snapped up.

“Dae? What is this?” he asked with a slight chuckle.

“Hyung, you look as if you aren’t feeling really well.”

Hyukjae laughed a little.

“Aw, our dongsaengs are worried about you, Hyuk-ah!”

“Neh, Kyuhyun-ah, Donghae-ya, saranghae!”

"He can’t just go, you know?“ Leeteuk said amused.

“Neh, Hyung, how about we send you a replacement?”

“Replacement?” Hyukjae asked.

“Neh, we will send our Maknae over to fill in for you and take you home, deal?”

You could see they were listening to something the staff said, then Leeteuk nodded.

“Donghae-ya? We’re exchanging Hyukjae for five members!”

“Hyung, are you trying to play a game?” Donghae asked incredulous.

“Anniyo, more of a bet. We want you to proof to our fans, how strong the friendship between the members is.”

“Hyung, what will be the prize for winning?”

“Other than allowing Hyukjae to go home?”

“Neh!”

“Hae-ya, you will make the fans here happy,” Hyukjae said sounding tired but amused.

“Neh, for our fans I will do it. See you in a bit, Hyungs!”

With that Donghae ended the call.

“Let’s find three others with free time!” he said with a grin.