Too Much

Just A Phone Call Away

***Calvin’s POV***

 

I looked around the corner curiously to watch the small group of people talking to each other.

Although I couldn’t really understand them as they were talking Korean, I understood bits and

pieces, making me understand the general point of the discussion.

Obviously Donghai seemed to be unhappy about something, which made Lin angry.

The other two tried to mediate between the two arguing parties.

Wonder how I got into this situation, watching the Super Junior guys and Lin arguing?

Easy!

I had been fashionable late for our dinner with Lin, so as I have been about to walk around the corner of the small noodle house, when I spotted the group standing in front of the entrance.

I don’t really know why I decided to watch them, instead of announcing myself.

Maybe my nosy character made me do it.

Honestly, who could blame me?

I was just being curious, how those guys treated our mei mei.

It was actually funny as they all seemed to glare at each other, obviously having different opinions on whatever they were talking about.

When Lin finally started to talk again I listened up as she spoke Chinese.

“Aiyo, Hangeng, please reason with this annoying brat!”

Hangeng chuckled.

“He is just looking out for you!”

Lin snorted.

“That jerk is behaving like a prison guard and surely not because he wants to look out for me!”

“I can understand you guys, you know? Stop talking bad about me in Chinese!” Donghai said.

I had to stifle my laughter as they all were behaving really funny and childish.

They were bickering just like we would do with Lin, and I liked it.

Obviously those guys cared a lot for Lin and she seemed to like them very much in return.

“Then stop behaving like a jerk. Drop the body guard act!”

“Lin, Hyukjae told him to have an eye on you,” Shi Yuan tried to calm Lin down.

As it appears it didn’t work at all as Lin just groaned annoyed.

Is that “Hyukjae” one of the Super Junior guys?

What has he got to do with this discussion?

“Dui, but that doesn’t mean I can’t meet my friends! We already have been over this on our way to the hotel. Why are you mad again? You had already calmed down before!”

Donghai glared at Lin.

This discussion turned more and more interesting by the second.

“Because you were taking too much care of your appearance! You were behaving like a girl before her first date!” Donghai bit a Lin.

Lin groaned.

“I’m a girl, you know and we like to dress up for whatever occasion. I would be doing the same if I were going just with the three of you!”

“He is just a bit…uhm…irritated, because your friends are very good-looking idols,” Hangeng tried to explain soberly.

Donghai snorted.

“And one of them is in love with you!”

I widened my eyes in surprise.

Smart, that one!

“HYUNG!” Shi Yuan shouted out in horror.

“What? Heechul told me and he is always right with those things!”

“None of them is in love with me! We are just friends! How often do I need to tell you that?” Lin stated annoyed.

I had to facepalm myself.

That girl can be too oblivious of her surroundings for her own good.

She sometimes really doesn’t realize a thing.

“Actually, there might be a chance that that Yan Yalun guy is in love with you!”

Lin gasped and I was petrified upon hearing Hangeng’s revelation.

“You know, Heechul, Kangin, Leeteuk and I did a little research about his stay in Seoul and…”

“WEI! Hi everyone!”

They all turned around startled when they heard my greeting.

Hangeng stopped mid-sentence, which was exactly what I intended to happen.

You seriously have to thank me, Lun, or confess already, idiot!

“Sunshine, you are late!” Lin said while giggling nervously.

I chuckled.

“Dui, so are you!”

I walked over to them and pulled Lin into a hug.

I swear I could hear Donghai snarl.

“Someone doesn’t like me doing this,” I whispered amused to Lin, hugging her even closer.

“He is just an idiot, ignore him,” Lin whispered back.

Someone coughed and I let go of Lin to turn to Hangeng.

“Ah, Hangeng, Shi Yuan and Donghai, so great to see you guys again! Quite a welcome you got at the airport. Amazing!”

I reached out and shook hands with each of them.

Hangeng and Shi Yuan replied with some polite greetings and a bow.

Donghai on the other hand didn’t let go of my hand instantly.

He grabbed it firmly, stared straight at my face and started to talk.

I have absolutely no idea, what he said, because he obviously used Korean, but it couldn’t have been anything nice.

When Donghai finished his sentence Siwon blinked at him in shock, while Hangeng nudged his shoulder and Lin gasped.

I grinned at Donghai.

“I gather you didn’t say anything nice!”

Donghai didn’t show any sign of embarrassment or any emotion at all.

“He just said, he is happy to meet you again,” Lin tried to cover up for Donghai.

“Don’t lie, Lin! I said, Lin is belonging to us now, so hands off!”

I laughed out loudly.

“Protective much, this one here, Lin Na!” I said looking at Lin.

“Dui bu qi, Yiru," she replied blushing.

I grinned.

“It’s okay! Actually it’s good to see that they are taking good care of you!”

“We’re doing more than that!” Donghae growled.

“Wow, okay, that sounded a bit…,” I trailed off chuckling.

“Ge, that sounded quite erted,” Shi Yuan mumbled with a beat red face.

Lin blushed a deeper shade of red, while Donghai finally seemed to have noticed his weird choice of words, showing signs of discomfort.

He let go of my hand and I chuckled.

Hangeng coughed slightly, obviously being amused.

“Okay, who is hungry?” he asked.

“Oh, dui, let’s go in!” I said.

We all walked inside the building and I immediately spotted my band mates.

“Wei, finally, what took you guys so long?” Chun instantly jumped down our throats.

“Dui bu qi, we ran into each other outside and kinda lost track of the time while talking,” I replied, sitting down next to him.

He punched my shoulder.

“Are you trying to tell me, that I was starving, because you guys have been too stupid to actually use the door?” Chun asked incredulous.

I shrugged.

“We had important matters to discuss, right Donghai?”

Donghai just glared at me and helped Lin to sit down.

“What did you discuss about?” Jiro, finally looking up from his mobile, asked interested.

“Properties!” I shot back with a chuckle, making Shi Yuan and Hangeng laugh, too.

Donghai just glared at me, folding his arms in front of his chest.

“Aiyo, that’s just like you to discuss about business in your free time, Cal. Wei, Lin, you look beautiful tonight!” Yalun said happily.

I had to laugh.

Nice one, Lun!

Donghai growled and Lin kicked him under the table, causing Chun, Jiro and Yalun to look at them curiously.

“Everything alright, mei?” Jiro asked concerned.

“Of course, I just happened to accidentally kick Donghai. Mianhae, Donghae-ya!”

“Uhm, okay,” Jiro replied confused.

A moment of nerve-wracking silence rose, so I decided to do something about it.

“Oh, right, Lin, I have to discuss something with you and maybe Hangeng,” I started.

Everyone sighed relieved.

“What’s it about?” Lin asked.

“I’ll be moderating a new show on MTV, promoting Korean and Japanese music!”

“Really? How exciting!” Lin said with a smile.

“Dui, Calvin is finally able to use his big mouth for something useful,” Chun teased.

“Aiyo, he helped you out of some really hairy situations with his big mouth before!” Lin reprimanded him.

“You are promoting Korean music? Will you promote our new album, too?” Shi Yuan suddenly asked.

I nodded.

“That’s why I wanted to talk to Lin. It would be really great if you guys could make some time to drop by my show for an interview!”

I could see a small hint of interest in Donghai’s eyes, even though he tried to hide it.

“Ge, it would be totally awesome to promote for Super Junior in Taiwan, too,” Shi Yuan said excitedly, looking at Hangeng.

The older one nodded.

“I’m here for promotion anyway, so we’ll try to come to your show!”

I grinned.

“How do you say that? Kamsa hamnida?” I looked at Donghai, who rolled his eyes.

It was just so much fun, messing with the youngster.

“Perfect, Cal!” Lin said.

Just at that moment a waiter came by to take our orders.

After Chun made a huge order for us all, the waiter walked away again.

“So, how is your upcoming album?” Lin asked.

“Oh, it will be out soon!” Jiro said excitedly.

“Cool, can’t wait. I’ll be awaiting a hand signed copy of it!” Lin ordered.

Yalun chuckled.

“Maybe we can give it to you in person. There will be a signing in Korea, too!”

I could see Donghai grind his teeth upon hearing those news.

“There will be? Wow, you are getting more and more popular!” Lin said impressed.

“We should have more of those, too. We’re meeting our fans way too seldom,” Hangeng stated a bit unhappy.

“You definitely should. Meeting the fans is so much fun and it makes you realize how much the fans love you!” Chun exclaimed.

Yalun rolled his eyes.

“Dui, but it can be very tiring, too. You are writing for hours and some fans still will be disappointed with you as it is just impossible to give a sign to everyone! Sometimes fans can be too much!”

“True, right, Hae? Especially for the more popular members! We went out to play a while ago and our Donghai was recognized as soon as he set a foot into the shopping mall. The fans didn’t let him go! It was fun, but a bit annoying!” Shi Yuan told us.

As we all looked at Donghai, he seemed to squirm a bit, then he finally sighed and nodded.

“Sometimes it is annoying!”

“Wei, as you are one of the best dancers in your band, maybe you can make some time to meet up with us and show us one or two things!” Yalun suddenly suggested, looking at Donghai.

“Uhm…”

“Sure, it will be our pleasure!” Hangeng accepted the invitation, shooting a warning glance at Donghai.

Then our food and our drinks arrived so we started to eat.

“So, Mei, tell us about Korea! Anything interesting happened? Are they treating you good?” Chun asked.

Lin smiled thinking about her answer a few seconds.

“Sure, like I said, everyone is being really nice! About the interesting things…”

“She has a boyfriend now!”

This outburst earned Donghai three kicks beneath the table, coming from Lin, Shi Yuan and Hangeng.

“YAH!” Donghai shouted.

I couldn’t stop myself from laughing about the situation.

Hangeng and Shi Yuan started to talk insistently to Donghai using Korean, while Lin looked angry.

We already knew about her seeing someone in Korea as she told us at the airport, but hearing it like that from Donghai made me realize that this was for real, not just a crush or anything.

I used the commotion to take a look at Yalun.

He stared at Lin, a lot of emotions showing in his eyes and I felt for him.

I saw Jiro patting Yalun’s shoulder in a gesture of comfort, before he faked a smile and looked at Lin.

“So, Lin Na, who is the lucky guy?”

“His name is Lee Hyukjae and he is one of the Super Junior members!” she said with a dreamy look.

, she seemed to have it bad for that guy.

“You are dating a star? Are you sure you want to do that?” Chun asked a bit unhappy.

In reality Chun wouldn’t be against dating a star, heck, everyone wants to find true love, even a star, but I knew he was trying to help Yalun.

“Wei, Hyuk is taking good care of her!” Donghai suddenly said enraged.

“Hae!” Lin shouted shocked.

“Ge, calm down!” Shi Yuan tried too make Donghai stay calm.

I sighed.

“Chun wasn’t trying to imply that your friend isn’t taking good care of our mei. This is just about Lin. It’s very hard to date a star and we just want to make sure if that is what she really wants.”

Donghai snorted.

“To me it sounds like you guys are trying to talk Lin out of this relationship and I won’t let this happen. Hyuk is my best friend and he is in love with her, so…”

Lin cut him off with some Korean sentence.

“That’s enough, Hae, stop it!” Lin seemed to repeat in Chinese.

“But Lin…”

Lin looked at Donghai and then she squeezed his hand.

She talked to him in Korean and as he listened he seemed to calm down, even smiling in the end.

Lin turned to us again.

“Dui bu qi! Donghai is just trying to help his best friend! Don’t be mad at him or feel offended. Actually, Donghai is a really good guy and I’m sure he will show you that from now on.”

We all nodded and waited for Lin to continue.

“You don’t have to worry about me. I really gave all of the problems that could rise a thought. Dating a star really isn’t easy, but you know what? I think love is worth it and I really love that stupid guy! He can be childish, stupid and annoying, but he really has a good heart, is funny, cute, good-looking and just makes me happy. So, stop worrying. We will work everything out!”

I sighed.

I really was happy for Lin.

I could see the love shining in her eyes as she talked about her boyfriend.

I glanced at Yalun.

He was looking down at his plate, trying to control his feelings.

“What will you do if anyone finds out?” Jiro asked quietly.

Lin shrugged her shoulders.

“For now we will try to keep it a secret as long as possible and if anyone will find out, we will have to work that out when time comes!”

“Don’t worry, we will protect her!” Hangeng said firmly.

“If you are happy, we are happy, too!”

I looked at Yalun surprised as he spoke.

Yalun smiled at Lin, trying to be happy for her.

It almost broke my heart.

“Aw, Lun, xie xie ni!” Lin said with a smile.

“Yes, congratulations!” Chun said with a forced smile.

“You know, I will send what you just said to Hyuk later on!” Donghai suddenly said with a grin.

Lin gasped.

“Lee Donghae, did you record our talk?!”

Donghae nodded with a grin.

“I sensed you would say something really nice so I put my mobile on record!”

Lin flicked his forehead.

“Do that, he won’t understand a thing anyway!”

“I will translate it for him!” Donghai shot back with a teasing grin.

“He still might get wrong information, with you translating for him,” Hangeng said dryly.

“Wei, ge, not nice!” Donghai complained.

The four of them were bickering again, switching to Korean, giving the four of us time to get our thoughts and feelings under control again.

I looked over to Yalun again.

He whispered something to Jiro and then stood up.

“Will catch some fresh air! I think I might be getting a headache or something! Be right back!”

With that he stood up and left all of us behind, exiting the building.

The Korean group stopped their bickering to watch Yalun leaving.

It became uncomfortable silent.

“Uhm, I will follow him out! I have some pain killers with me!” Lin said worried and stood up.

Before Donghai could hold her back, she already had jumped out of her chair and left, following Yalun.

Donghai snorted slightly.

“Headache? As if!”

“Wei, meanie, he has a heart, too, you know,” I tried to keep my tone friendly.

“You really should stop this, Hae!” Hangeng reprimanded him.

“Then he should accept, that she is taken,” Donghai said grumpily.

Chun leaned forwards to look at Donghai sincerely.

“You know, we knew her way before you guys and ever since he saw her, Yalun loved her!”

“Then he should have had the guts to tell her earlier. She is taken now!” Donghai replied just as sincerely.

“But what will happen, if he confesses now and she will choose him instead? They are best of friends for a while now. Maybe she is returning his feelings,” Chun asked interestedly.

Donghae blinked.

For the first time I could see uncertainty in Donghai’s eyes.

He seemed worried.

Hangeng laid a hand on Donghai’s shoulder.

“If that is what will happen, then it isn’t our problem!”

Donghai stared at Hangeng.

“Hyung!” he complained.

I shook my head.

So much problems.

“Hey, isn’t the food delicious? Such a nice evening to have such a great meal!” I said, putting on a cheerful tone.

I could hear Jiro and Shi Yuan sigh in relief.

“Very delicious!” Shi Yuan agreed.

 

***Lin’s POV***

 

I looked around when I stepped outside the building.

Seeing one of my best friends looking so distressed back at the restaurant, got me worried.

I finally spotted Yalun leaning against the wall of the building a few meters away.

I walked over to him.

“Lun, you okay?” I asked.

His eyes snapped open and he looked at me in surprise.

I stopped right in front of him to take a closer look at his face.

He seemed to be tired or worried or just bothered by something.

“I have some painkillers, if you want to,” I offered.

Yalun sighed and shook his head.

“Sure? Because you don’t look well!” I tried again, really worried.

It wasn’t like Yalun to be so silent around me.

He may have his brooding moments, but usually he isn’t like that with me.

“What’s wrong with you?” I asked him.

I don’t know what happened that moment, but something seemed to snap within Yalun.

His eyes suddenly turned a darker shade and his posture seemed to change.

It was really weird, I've never seen him looking at me like that.

My heart started to beat faster.

“Lun, what...!”

I sure didn’t see that one coming.

I felt lips against mine.

I was totally shocked.

Yalun had leaned in and had taken my cheeks between his hands.

My mind was obviously out of order that moment as I couldn’t do anything.

His lips felt very tender on mine and I swear it would have melted anyone.

Anyone, but me.

My mind started working again and I pushed him away.

“Lun, what the hell!” I shouted shocked.

He just grinned at me sheepishly.

“That’s what is wrong with me.”

I shook my head, feeling tears b at the corners of my eyes.

“What are you trying to tell me, Lun?” I asked afraid of the answer.

He touched my face, softly away one stray tear.

“I know, I should have told you way earlier, but I was afraid! I was afraid of so many things, that I just couldn’t bring myself to do it earlier. But now, with the news of you being taken, I could kick myself for not telling you earlier. Wo ai ni, Lin Na! I love you!”

I didn’t know what to say, what to feel.

I shook my head.

“No, you don’t! We are just friends!” I whispered, not willing to believe.

Yalun smiled sadly.

“I wish, I wouldn’t have fallen in love with you, but I can’t help it. So, please, consider it!”

I shook my head again.

“Consider what?”

“Being with me!”

I closed my eyes.

It hurt me to hear all this and to say what I had to say, but my heart knew what it is feeling.

“Dui bu qi, Lun! I can’t consider it as I’m already in love with someone else!” I said.

Yalun closed his eyes and it hurt me even more to see him like this.

I took his hand in mine carefully.

“You’ll always be my friend, but it just can’t be more than that,” I explained softly.

I wished he would understand, but his eyes snapping open and him pulling his hand away told me something else.

“Friends, right? Why is it always like that? Why can’t it be more? Don’t you feel anything when I do this?”

He was angry, I saw it right away and I could feel it, when he leaned in to press his lips against mine again.

It wasn’t tender this time, it had a feeling of desperation.

I wasn’t frozen like the last time, so I tried to push him away, immediately, but he held me firmer this time, making it harder for me to escape.

So finally I just stood there, not reacting at all.

This seemed to catch his attention, as he loosened his grip and then his lips got soft, before he pulled back.

Tears were running down my face.

Yalun’s face softened and he pulled me into a hug.

“Dui bu qi, Lin! Dui bu qi!” he whispered into my hair.

I hugged him closer and nodded into his chest.

“I’m sorry, too, Lun!”

We stood like that for a while and then Yalun released me from his arms.

“I think I should go now. I’m not trusting myself around you right now, Lin!”

I nodded and he moved around me to walk down the streets.

“Still friends?” I shouted after him.

He stopped, but didn’t turn around to me.

“I don’t know!” he said and walked away.

I looked after him and then sat down on the pavement, not caring for the dirty ground.

I had to get my feelings under control.

My heart beat like crazy and my breathing came out in small and fast gasps.

I felt panic rise.

Did I just lose one of my best friends?

What should I do?

I felt myself becoming dizzy, so in my panic I just searched through my bag and pulled out my mobile, dialling fast.

I waited for a while, then a sleepy voice answered.

“Yoboseo?”

I sighed upon hearing that soft voice.

My heart beat slowed down.

“Sparky?” I asked.

“Angel, is that you? Everything okay? We just talked a few hours ago! Already missing me that much?”

My head seemed to clear up, when I heard this loveable joking voice.

“I...” I broke off.

“Lin-ah, you sound upset? What happened?” he suddenly seemed very awake.

I sighed.

“Something happened and I need you to not be mad at me!”

I heard him taking some breaths.

“Okay?” after a while the uncertain reply came.

I took a deep breath.

“Someone confessed to me tonight!”

Nothing.

“Hyukie?” I asked carefully.

“What did you reply?” he asked in a whisper.

I laughed softly.

“I declined. Of course I declined as I have someone waiting for me in Korea, a very handsome, talented, adorable, loveable, caring and funny guy!”

I heard him chuckling softly.

“Who could that be?” he asked teasingly.

I didn’t answer that one.

“There is more, Hyukie,” I kept going.

I needed to tell him, for him to tell me, everything would be okay.

“Okay,” he said.

“Uhm, that guy, he kissed me!” I whispered.

“Did you kiss him back?” Hyukjae asked calmly.

“Anniyo, I mean, I was shocked at first, so I let it happen for maybe a second, but then I pushed him away!”

“Was it that guy? Lun? The one who visited you in Korea?”

I was surprised.

“How do you know about that?”

“Because Heechul-hyung told me, that that guy must have a crush on you, for him to come to Korea with his packed schedule and then not even having a real reason to be in Korea. There weren’t any schedules for him in Korea!”

I looked up surprised.

How could I have been so blind?

“Lin-ah?” Hyukjae asked worried.

I shrugged my feelings off.

“Neh, Hyukie, so are we okay?”

He took a deep breath.

“Sure! It hasn’t been your fault and you told me, so no harm done!”

I felt relief washing over me.

“Saranghae, Hyukie,” I whispered softly, overwhelmed by feelings.

“Uhm...”

My eyes widened in surprise as I realized what I just said to him.

Did I just tell him, that I love him for the first time over the phone?

I was shocked.

I didn’t intend for it to be like this.

Not so soon and especially not over the phone.

“Uhm, good night, Hyukie, talk to you soon!”

“Lin-ah...,” I didn’t hear the rest as I closed my mobile panicked.

Idiot, idiot, idiot!

I scolded myself.

I stood up from the pavement and walked back into the restaurant in a daze.

“Yah, Lin-ah, gwenchana?” Donghae asked when I sat down next to him.

I looked at him in surprise, snapping out of my irritated state.

“Uhm, neh, gwenchana,” I said.

“You don’t look like it!” Hankyung said worried.

“Wei, Mei, where is Yalun?” Jiro asked.

I almost jumped at his name.

I shook my head.

“Uhm, I don’t know, he just left!”

“He just left?” Calvin asked irritated.

I nodded.

“Uhm, I...uh,” I broke off, not knowing what to say.

“Maybe we should head back home, Lin seems to be off,” Siwon suggested worriedly.

“What happened?” Chun asked.

I looked at Chun.

“I...he...and then...he said...and I...and then he did...but I already love Hyukie, so...”

“Hey, calm down, Lin-ah,” Donghae said, patting my shoulder.

He obviously seemed happy.

“Wipe that smirk off of your face, Hae, or I will do it!” I growled.

Him being happy, while I was confused and Yalun was hurting totally pissed me off.

“What did he do?” Calvin asked me calmly.

I gulped.

“He just confessed!”

Calvin whistled.

“So he finally did it!”

I was totally confused.

“Maybe I should go home!”

“We’ll bring you!” Siwon offered and I nodded.

I stood up and felt myself swaying.

Donghae caught me before anything could happen.

I slung my arms around his waist.

“I’m just so tired, Hae,” I finally mumbled totally exhausted.

Donghae hugged me back.

“I know, Lin-ah, I will bring you home,” he said.

I smiled at him and then we made our way out of the restaurant together.

I never had felt that exhausted in my life!

It just all felt too much.