Panicky Blond

Just A Phone Call Away

***Donghae’s POV***

How could she laugh about this?

This wasn’t funny!

I stared at her like she turned into a madwoman.

“Yah, Lin-ah, that’s not funny! What happened between the two of you?”

Lin took another glance at the pictures I showed her on my laptop.

She smiled.

“Honestly Hae, if you wouldn’t have known that I have been to the airport and that I’m friends with Yalun would you even have recognized me?”

I blinked at her a few times and then turned to Hankyung and Siwon for some help.

“Seriously, you can’t see anything. I just see a blond girl about my size! I can’t see her face or anything special that would point directly towards me!”

“Yes and there are a million of blond girls around Taiwan!” I said ironically.

“Maybe we should lock you up so no one will even have the chance to recognize you!”

I felt quite satisfied with that plan.

I heard Lin snorting.

“Yeah, sure! You know, this is ridiculous. Even if you could recognize me, all we did were smiling at each other and maybe hold each other’s hands. It’s not as if we are making out or anything. We could just be friends!”

“You know, Lin-ah, maybe that’s true, but whenever a star is involved it wouldn’t matter what you say. They will assume that you are a couple as long as there isn’t a real proof that you aren’t!” Siwon said in a calm way and I just nodded, agreeing with him.

Lin sighed.

“I can’t proof that we aren’t together. How should I be able to do that? Tell the press that I’m already taken? They sure would believe that one! Or maybe I could tell them who my boyfriend is, that would run down way better, wouldn’t it? Besides I’m hanging out with you guys, too! Don’t you think they could write something like that about us, too? But you don’t seem so scared about that! You are just annoyed because it involves Yalun. Sorry to break it to you, Lee Donghae, but he is my friend, too!”

I recognized the signs of her frustration.

It was obvious that we were annoying her right now and as much as I didn’t want to do that, but she had to know that this was a serious matter.

I rolled my eyes.

“Anniyo, I’m just worried for you and you know you usually tend to be extra careful around us whenever press is around. No touching unless it’s fixing our clothes, make-up or hair!”

Hangeng coughed slightly.

“Just let’s hope that no one will recognize you and the rumors will die down!”

I stared at Hangeng.

“Hyung, is it wise to just wait and see what will happen?”

“Is there anything else to do, Hae-ya? It’s not like anyone came knocking at our door to demand to see Yalun’s girlfriend and we haven’t received a call from the company either. So I take it that Lin is right and no one recognized her!”

I groaned in frustration.

This was all just too complicated.

“Let’s just hope that that guy doesn’t breathe a word about you!”

“He won’t!” Lin said firmly.

Let’s hope she is right.

“Whatever, let’s get ready! The two of you are supposed to be at the set in an hour! Hangeng, you are supposed to attend recordings for “100% Entertainment”! And don’t forget, tonight is this fashion show you are invited to!”

With that Lin stood up and headed for her room.

“You think Hyukjae-hyung already heard about the news?” Siwon asked softly.

“I wouldn’t get worried about that. I’m sure Hyukie won’t misunderstand this situation!” Hangeng said with a small smile.

“Let’s hope not!” I whispered.

 

*************************************

I walked towards the dressing room to freshen up my make-up when I caught Lin on the phone, smiling all happily.

Is she talking to Hyuk?

Well, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but I just wanted to make sure that the two of them were okay.

That’s my right as friend, right?

I furrowed my brows.

Nope, definitely not Hyukie as she was talking in a total foreign language.

Must be her family or her friends from Germany!

A small smile appeared on my lips.

I wondered if she was talking to Melanie.

My heart jumped a bit just thinking about her.

I walked over to Lin.

Lin looked up at me and flashed a smile at me.

“Good news?” I asked in a hushed voice.

She nodded and then started to talk to that other person again.

I got curious as I heard her mention my name and then Melanie’s name.

What were they talking about and who was on the other line?

“Who are you on the phone with?” I asked.

She said something to the other person and then covered the mouthpiece of her mobile.

“That’s my sister, Anja, you want to say hello to her?”

I blinked a few times in irritation.

“You know, she is Mel’s best friend and I bet you, she can tell you some exciting news!”

I got curious.

“And she is a fan!” Lin exclaimed teasingly.

I heard some shouting from the other line.

“Oops, she probably will kill me for that one! I totally forgot about her being able to speak Korean!” Lin said a little bit embarrassed and I had to laugh.

“Well if she is a fan I will be delighted to talk to her,” I said and reached out for the phone.

Lin gave it to me with a grin.

As I held the phone to my ear Lin’s sister was obviously still ranting in an annoyed way.

I had to grin.

“Yoboseo?” I said and the other line went dead.

I sat down on my chair and Lin started fixing my make-up for me.

“Uh, annyeong, Anja imnida!”

“Annyeong, Lee Donghae imnida!”

“Well I already guessed that seeing as my sister was talking to you just now. By the way she is such a bigmouth and I seriously will kick her the next time I see her!”

I had to laugh.

“So you are not a fan?”

“What?”

“Are you a fan or not?” I asked, knowing that probably would make the other girl embarrassed.

“Well…kinda! But I liked you better before I was talking to you just now. You are trying to embarrass me right now! I though you are supposed to be the nice and romantic guy!”

I blinked a few times.

“I am!” I shouted out.

“Well, it’s not nice to try to embarrass other people!”

I felt guilty immediately.

“Uhm, mianhaeyo?” I said in a voice to try to seek for forgiveness.

There was some laughter on the other line.

“Are you trying to get on my good side right now, Lee Donghae?”

I blinked again.

Wow, she was really good.

“Well…”

“Don’t lie to me! Lying isn’t very Christian!”

I groaned.

“Well, okay, I’m kinda trying to get on your good side!”

I heard Lin chuckling behind me.

She was currently fetching us something to eat and drink.

“Well, why would you try such a thing?” Anja asked.

I blushed.

“You are Lin’s sister so I don’t want you to hate me!”

“Or you are trying to get some information on Mel from me!”

I turned around in my chair to stare at Lin in shock.

“You told her about me having a crush on Mel?”

Lin widened her eyes.

“So you really do have one?”

I widened my eyes, too.

“What?”

I heard laughter from the other line.

“Oh, this is so hilarious! I knew it! I told Mel so, but hearing it from you in person is so much better. She will totally freak out! I bet you she won’t believe me. She is such a pessimist sometimes!”

I was shocked.

“What? Anniyo, you can’t tell her!”

Anja sighed.

“Damn! Well, of course you better should tell her yourself!”

“What?”

I felt really like an idiot right now.

“Aren’t you planning on telling her?”

I blushed.

“Uhm…”

“Come on, you have to! Otherwise I will reconsider and do it myself!”

I got frustrated.

“How could I tell her? She is living in Germany!”

Anja chuckled.

“Only for about three months more!”

“What?”

I turned to look at Lin.

“I told you there are good news!”

Anja laughed.

“I bet you Mel wouldn’t have told you that seeing as she would go all bla bla on me like “he wouldn’t be interested in this kind of information”, “we are just talking over the phone”, “we are just friends”, “he isn’t interested in me”!”

“She wouldn’t have told me what?”

Why are they being so damn irritating right now?

Can’t they just spill it?

“Mel and I are coming to Korea as I have some business over there and Mel wants to accompany me!”

I stared just right ahead.

What?

“What?”

Lin chuckled and took the phone from me.

“I think he went into shock, Unnie!”

I blinked irritated at her.

“Neh, will call you another time, Unnie!”

She turned to me.

“Anja says goodbye!”

I just nodded slowly.

Lin rolled her eyes.

“He is saying goodbye, too! Neh, annyeong! Neh, will do! Bye!”

Lin turned around to me once again and grinned.

“Aw, someone is being so happy right now!”

Happy?

Is that even the right feeling?

Nervous?

Excited?

Scared?

I looked at the mirror.

Nope, I must obviously be happy as a smile was plastered on my face.

“So, will you confess to her now?” Lin asked.

I slowly shook my head.

“What? Why not? Lee Donghae, don’t you dare not to! You both will be so much…”

“I will do it when she is here!”

Lin immediately shut and then she grinned and hugged me.

“This will be so awesome and romantic! I bet you she will cry!”

I blushed a little bit.

“So, you think she likes me, too?”

Lin grinned.

“I can’t tell you that as she is my friend and I’m not supposed to give away her secrets!”

“Dae? Come on! You know how I feel right now so why can’t you help me?”

Lin chuckled.

“I’m not allowed to tell her about your feelings either, right?”

I groaned.

“Yes, but I’m willing to confess and therefore it’s me who will look like an idiot if she doesn’t like me that way!”

Lin pinched my cheek.

“Aw, you are so cute when you are nervous! Well, I won’t tell you her feelings, but maybe you should ask her what she did the night she talked to you on the phone two days ago!”

“What?” I blinked once again.

“Stop looking so irritated all the time, Hae-ya! Just use your brain for once!”

“Yah!” I yelled out and punched her arm lightly.

She just laughed at me.

“And here some small cut from the press conference given by Yan Yalun this morning, concerning the matter of his secret girlfriend! Obviously he shocked quite some people with his statement. Just take a look”

My eyes immediately snapped to the small TV in the corner of the dressing room.

Lin sank on the chair next to mine to watch the news, too.

“Is it true that you have a secret girlfriend, right now?”

I held my breath staring at the cause of this problem.

That guy had the nerve to smile.

“No, it isn’t true! I’m not in a relationship right now!”

I let out a breath and Lin next to me smiled.

“So who was the girl at the airport with you? The two of you seemed very intimate with each other!”

“All I’m going to say is that I’m not in a relationship right now. But, however, it would be a lie if I wouldn’t admit that I have feelings for her!”

“Dae?”

My eyes snapped open in shock while Lin next to me groaned, burying her face in her hands.

“So, are the two of you dating? Are you wooing her?”

I really was ready to punch the TV upon seeing his smiling face.

“Well, we are not in a relationship right now and we aren’t dating either, but I haven’t lost hope, yet! Thank you for coming!”

Some of the reporters chuckled at his statement and I could hear hundreds of questions being screamed at him as he was leaving the room.

“Oh, he is dead!” I mumbled.

Lin’s phone rang.

I looked over at her, seeing her still hiding her face.

“Aren’t you going to pick up?”

She shook her head.

“I told you he means trouble!”

Suddenly Lin jumped up from her chair and glared at me.

I swear, if eyes could kill I would have been dead that moment.

“Just, just shut up for once, Donghae and leave me alone with that mess!” she said in a dangerous calm voice before walking out on me.

I took her mobile from the table next to me to check the ID.

“SPARKY <3” it said.

I sighed and picked up.

“Uhm, Lin-ah?” I could hear a very nervous sounding Hyukjae asking carefully.

I sighed before putting up a smile.

“Hyuk, it’s me, Donghae!”

“Oh, uhm, annyeong, Hae-ya! Everything good over there?” he asked absentmindedly.

I tried my best to be cheerful.

“Sure, everything fine over here! Well, not everything, but…”

“Waeyo? What’s wrong?”

I hated myself for lying.

“Lin really misses you. I think after you left it got worse than before!”

“Chincha?”

I could basically see the small smile playing around my friend’s lips.

“Neh, she misses you terribly!”

“I miss her, too!”

I sighed.

I was so happy for those two.

“That’s great, Hyuk!”

“Neh, Donghae, can I talk to Lin?”

Another lie!

“She is currently with Siwon, helping him with some text. I don’t think she has time right now!”

“Oh, sure!”

“Wait a sec, Hyuk!”

I looked up the moment Lin walked in, tears b in her eyes.

“Tell him I’m going to call back later!”

“Neh, Hyuk, she says she will call you back later!”

“Neh! Have to go Hae! Talk to you another time!”

“Neh, hyung! Bye!”

We hung up and I stood up to walk over to Lin.

I handed her the phone.

“Make sure to call him back later!” I said in a cold voice.

I winced hearing myself, but I couldn’t help it.

Hyukjae was my friend and I didn’t want him to get hurt.

She nodded.

“Neh, komawo, Hae-ya!”

I nodded.

“Call him, Lin-ah! You know he is my friend and he really is upset with those news! Just tell him that he doesn’t have to worry about your feelings for him! He doesn’t have to worry, right?” I asked in a serious way.

“He doesn’t have to! Hae, he really doesn’t have to be worried!” she immediately exclaimed.

Her fast response calmed me down.

I sighed.

“Then why didn’t you want to talk to him right now?”

She let out a dry sob and whipped away the tears that suddenly started to fall.

“I just needed a second! This is just stressing me out and I feel so angry at Yalun for doing this, even though he has a right on his feelings. I just have to live with that! This is really getting to me and I don’t want Hyukie to be worried that I might have any feelings for Yalun. And I just…you know…I will talk to him later. I promise you!”

I patted her head and then pulled her in for a hug.

Her tears flowed and I felt bad for being so cold towards her just now.

I really have to learn to trust the people around me more.

“Mianhae, Lin-ah, everything will be alright!”

She nodded, burying her face against my chest.

I grinned.

“So, can I punch him tonight?”

“Dae?”

“The fashion show tonight, he will be attending, too, right?”

She chuckled.

“Probably, but don’t you dare creating a scandal otherwise I will be really without a job!”

I sighed playfully.

“You are no fun!”

“Maybe you can glare at him the whole night!”

I grinned.

“No one can stop me from doing that!”

She looked up and kissed my cheek.

“Komawo, Hae!”

I nodded before I let go of her.

“I have to get back on set!”

She nodded and I walked away.

“Hae-ya?”

“Neh?” I turned back around.

“Thanks for covering up for me, even though you had to lie!”

I nodded.

“Just don’t make me do something like that again, arasseo?”

“Neh!”

 

***Lin’s POV***

I picked up my phone without checking the ID.

“Someone is in trouble!”

I furrowed my brows.

“Who is this?”

I heard a chuckle that sounded vaguely familiar.

“Oh come on, Sab, don’t you recognize me anymore?”

I widened my eyes and then looked at my mobile to check if I assumed right.

“Lita? Is that you? Oh my god! It is, right?”

I heard a confirming laughter.

It really was my friend, Lita, who I knew for a long time.

We met each other on my first trip to Taiwan and became great friends instantly.

We haven’t talked in a while even though we both lived in Taiwan together for awhile.

Lita just was a busy woman and it was sometimes hard to get in contact with her.

While I have been working behind the entertainment scene, working for HIM International to help the stars, Lita instead became a star herself.

She had been casted in a Taiwanese drama and the Taiwanese people just loved her.

She appeared on some TV Shows and became immediately famous for her frank personality.

She just said what was on her mind, even if it sometimes meant to offend some people.

Still, her funny and caring side combined with her sometimes harsh tongue made the people like her a lot.

It didn’t take a long time and she got her own TV Show and I had to say she was a great host.

She was funny, teasing, quick-witted, smart but still kind enough to not embarrass others – at least not too much.

I smiled just thinking about the red haired Russian girl.

“So, Sab, I heard you are in trouble!”

I rolled my eyes.

Of course she would know.

Concerning the Taiwanese entertainment business and their celebrities she knew everything.

I tried to play dumb.

“What are you talking about?”

“Oh, psh, Chun told me everything! You are the girl with Yalun at the airport, right? Tsk tsk tsk! Some trouble that boy caused you, seeing as you already have a celebrity boyfriend – well, just not that silly boy!”

I grinned.

“So, are you two talking to each other again?”

“What are you talking about?”

I chuckled.

“So, are you and Chun seeing each other again after your last break up? What was it? Number seven? I thought you wouldn’t talk to him ever again!”

“Aiyo, as if I would be able to keep my vow of not talking with anyone. Well, we are talking again, but we are not dating. I think we are through with this for good!”

I laughed.

“Really? You said that the last six times, too!”

“Oh, look who is talking! Are you trying to beat my maliciousness? You know I called to help you!”

I snorted.

“You called to hear the latest gossip!”

She laughed.

“Well, that too! So which one of the Super Junior guys are you dating?”

“Why did you break up with Chun this time?”

Lita snorted.

“You are playing dirty, Mrs. Lu!”

A smile spread on my lips.

“Tell me your secrets and I tell you mine!”

“Fine! I broke up because it just annoyed the hell out of me that Mr. Richboy is walking around giving advice to the poor people on how to live their lives! He wasn’t poor for a day so how would he know?”

I grinned.

“So the same as usual? Why are you so sure then that you won’t end up with him once again?”

“Simple! I just swore it to myself this time! Besides us breaking up and becoming a couple more feels like sport these days, it’s not really romantic anymore!”

“Guys of Taiwan dance around in happiness! The great Lita Malicious is finally without a guy and free for you to have and to hold!”

Lita chuckled.

“So, now tell me about your Super Junior guy!”

I smiled to myself.

“It’s the man of my dreams!”

“Are you serious? The dancer guy?”

“Yup!”

“Wow, that’s just! Wow! Tell me everything!”

And I did.

I told her my story with him up to our current situation.

Lita listened attentively to me.

“Well, first things first, call the guy and tell him that he doesn’t have to worry!”

I rolled my eyes.

“I will!”

“Good! Second! Leave the boy to me!”

The boy, referring to Yalun!

“Well, do I have to be worried?”

Lita chuckled.

“Make sure to watch the news about the fashion show later tonight! Sources have it that Yalun will be attending, too.”

I have to be worried.

“Sab, dear, have to go now! There is a lot to do for me!”

I couldn’t even say my goodbye seeing as Lita already hung up on me.

What is she planning?

“Lin-ah, we are finished with the filming today, so let’s head home so we can get ready for that fashion show tonight!”

I looked up to see a tired looking Siwon and Donghae entering the dressing room.

“Neh, but none of you leaves the house without an hour of sleep and some food in your stomachs!”

“Neh, Umma!” they both said in unison.

 

***Hyukjae’s POV***

“Stop walking around like a nervous tiger! She will call you!”

I felt a pillow hit my head and looked over to the smirking Heechul.

“Neh, hyung! You are making us dizzy! This isn’t Lin’s fault anyway. You know she wouldn’t do anything to hurt you!” Kyuhyun said, while staring at his laptop.

I groaned and let myself fall onto the couch in between Sungmin and Kyuhyun.

“Maybe it’s my hair!” I exclaimed in frustration.

“Dae?”

Eight heads turned into my direction.

“What’s wrong with your hair?” Yesung asked with an amused grin.

I pouted.

“She said she dislikes my short black hair!”

I could hear Kyuhyun snort next to me.

“You sound like a girl, hyung!”

“Well, she is kinda right. The long hair looked cuter on you,” Heechul said while checking his own image in a small hand-mirror.

I groaned once again.

“And I liked the bright colors on you better,” LLeeteuk said while staring me up and down.

“You always like the bright colors better. You are a crazy white addict!” Kangin said amused while punching Leeteuk’s arm.

I closed my eyes in frustration.

“Well, in my opinion, if it is about your appearance than maybe she thinks you are too thin!” Yesung said while examining me.

I widened my eyes.

“Nah, maybe she is missing some muscles. She should rather date me!” Kangin said with a smirk.

“Or maybe it’s his face in general. I would rather date a beautiful face like mine,” Heechul said still checking out his own reflection.

I looked from one to the other in horror.

“Maybe she is tired of his nice self. You need to get more snarky from time to time, hyung! Girls love that! Just be a little more dangerous!” Kyuhyun said uncaring still focusing on his laptop.

Sungmin smacked the back of Kyuhyun’s head and then turned his attention to me.

“Don’t listen to them. Nothing is wrong with you, Hyuk! You are a perfect guy!”

“With smelly feet!” Shindong shouted from the kitchen.

I groaned.

“What is wrong with you guys? You are not helping me right now, so just shut up! I really don’t want to listen to your silly talk anymore!” I snapped, making the others blink at me in irritation.

There was a short moment of silence before it was broken by Kyuhyun’s chuckle.

“See, I bet you by now Lin would be totally drooling over your bad attitude right now!”

I groaned once again.

“Just shut up, Kyu!” I mumbled.

It was so damn frustrating.

The door burst open and an obviously angry Amber rushed in, trying to throw the door shut behind her.

“Yah, that could have hurt, you know!” Kibum snapped at her as he threw the door open once again.

I rolled my eyes.

Once again, here we go, Amber and Kibum fighting.

Just great!

“No one told you to follow me!”

“For god’s sake, woman, I was nice enough to drive you back home and you yell at me?”

“I didn’t ask you, you forced me to go back with you!”

“Fine, the next time it is raining I let you go by bus. See if I care that you get all wet!”

“Fine!”

“Fine!”

“Double fine!”

“YAH, SHUT UP! I’m still mad at you for making me lose the last time, so just finally shut up!” Kyuhyun snapped.

Heechul broke down in heavy laughter, making us stare at him in confusion.

Kyuhyun threw a pillow at him, which made him laugh even harder.

Amber and Kibum looked around like noticing for the first time that everyone was around.

“So what is this “meeting” about?” Kibum finally asked irritated.

“Hyukie is having a crisis! He thinks that Lin maybe will fall for that Yalun guy!” Ryeowook shouted from the kitchen while preparing dinner.

This time it was Amber that started to giggle uncontrollably.

I glared at her.

“Waeyo!? This isn’t funny!”

Amber snorted.

“To me it is!”

I groaned.

“Believe me, Hyukie, she is head over heels for you, don’t worry so much!” Amber said in an amused way.

“Why hasn’t she called then? She said she would? Maybe it is really my hair?” I mumbled irritated.

Amber grinned.

“What about your hair?”

“It’s short and black! She dislikes it!”

Amber seemed to try her best but eventually she couldn’t contain her laughter.

I glared at her.

She tried to calm down.

“Mianhaeyo, Hyukie-Oppa, but you are just too cute!”

I huffed.

“There is nothing cute about that!”

“Yes, it is! Besides, your hair isn’t that short anymore! It has grown out quite a bit!”

“But it’s still black!”

“Aish, chincha, Hyuk, if you are so worried about that, then just go and change your hair color! Stop complaining like a ninny!” Kangin said with a grin.

My eyes snapped open and I jumped out of my seat.

Everyone looked at me like I finally went mad.

“That’s it! I’m heading to the hair stylist. In another two hours I won’t have black hair anymore!” I said excitedly and picked up my bag, jacket, sunglasses and shoes.

“Hyuk, I really don’t think that…” I didn’t hear the rest of Amber’s words anymore as I was already out of the door.

I sat into my car and headed over to our usual hair salon.

As I entered the building the workers looked up and smiled at me.

“Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Hyukjae-shi, did you have an appointment today?” MinYoung, my usual hair stylist, asked me irritated.

I shook my head.

“Anniyo, but you just need to squeeze me in!”

“Waeyo? Is there some gum in your hair or anything?”

“Anniyo, I just need to change my hair color! Immediately!”

MinYoung looked at me in confusion.

“What’s wrong with the color?”

I glared at my own reflection.

“It’s black!” I pointed out.

“Uhm…”

“Change it to blond!”

MinYoung’s eyes widened in surprise.

“Didn’t you tell me you didn’t want to return to blond ever again after you watched yourself in some “Miracle” performances?”

I groaned.

“Forget what I have told you! Just make it blond!”

“Well, uhm, okay, sit down over here!”

MinYoung pointed over to a vacant chair in front of a mirror.

“Should we shorten it again?” MinYoung asked from afar.

“ANNIYO!” I shouted immediately.

MinYoung shook her head about my strange behavior.

She started to work on my hair and I felt myself calm down eventually.

Suddenly my mobile started ringing and I almost jumped out of my chair making MinYoung glare at me.

“Mian, MinYoung!” I said and pulled out my mobile carefully.

I bit my lip as I saw the ID.

I glanced at MinYoung for a second, making sure she wasn’t really paying attention to me.

Eventually I picked up.

“Hey!” I said a little nervous.

“Hey!”

I calmed down as I heard her sounding all happy.

I smiled.

“I miss you!”

I blushed slightly hearing her words.

“Me too,” I mumbled.

She chuckled.

“Is it a bad time to call you?”

“Anni, I’m just at the hair salon right now?”

“Oh, chincha? Waeyo?”

I felt a little insecure.

“I felt like changing my hair color!”

I heard her giggling.

“Chincha?”

I  blushed.

“I just felt like it!”

“And it has nothing to do with you thinking that I think your black hair ?”

I groaned.

“Who called you?”

“Kyuhyun!”

“Chincha, have to kill that kid!”

“Yah, he was just making a little fun of you!”

“I will definitely kill him when I get back!”

She laughed which made me smile.

“Just so you know. I love you!”

My heart jumped.

“Me too,” I whispered taking a careful look at MinYoung through the mirror.

“Even with black hair!”

I groaned.

“So you really dislike the black hair so much?”

She chuckled.

“I was just teasing! Honestly I don’t care about your hair. Well, I still think that you look better with longer hair and them being brighter, but you still look damn y with black and short hair! It looks kinda dangerous!”

I smirked.

“So, you like that?”

“You being dangerous?”

“Neh!”

“Well, it is kinda hot! Especially with you dancing!”

I grinned.

“Maybe I can still try to do that with my blond hair!”

“Blond?”

“Neh! I think I got a little bit panicky with the news and you not calling me!”

She laughed and I felt stupid.

“You are so adorable, Lee Hyukjae!”

I blushed.

I listened to her giggling a little while.

“The color now has to stay on for awhile. I will be over there with that other customer if you need anything, arasseo?”

I nodded at MinYoung and watched her leave.

“So, I have to ask you something and you have to promise me to not get mad at me!”

“Sounds serious, Hyukie! Just ask!”

“You will not fall in love with him, right?” I asked in a hushed voice.

My heart thumped like crazy while I was waiting for her answer.

“Will you fall in love with Hyoyeon?”

“Dae?” I exclaimed receiving weird glances from the other people in the salon.

I heard Lin chuckling.

“I saw her on Sukira with you a few days ago and you seemed pretty close!”

“Are you teasing me, right now?” I asked irritated.

“Depends! Are you planning to fall in love with her?”

“Anni!”

“Well, I promise you to not fall in love with Yalun if you promise me not to fall in love with Hyoyeon!”

“I promise!”

She laughed and I had to grin.

“See, so we both are safe!”

I sighed.

“Is he giving you a hard time?”

She groaned.

“Well, I was really mad at him when he said that stuff at the press conference, but I guess I don’t have to worry so much about it anymore!”

I raised a brow.

“Waeyo?”

“Reason number one is you. I love you and you love me so why should I care if someone else loves me, too? That’s not my problem anymore. Besides I’m sure he will come around eventually. We were friends long enough for me to know that stuff. Reason number two…well…that one is more complicated but I guess you should watch the news this evening. Donghae, Siwon and Hankyung are attending some fashion show.”

“And this is important, because…”

“Just promise me to watch it!”

I sighed.

“Okay!”

“Well, I have to go now, Hyukie, have to bring the guys to said fashion show!”

“Neh and Lin-ah?”

“Neh?”

“You know…”

She chuckled and I smiled.

“Neh, love you too, Hyukie! And you better send a picture with your blond hair!”

I groaned.

“Maybe I will return to brown!”

“Don’t you dare! I want to see the panicky blond. It’s a sign of your cuteness!”

“Aish, I’m hanging up now! You’re one annoying girl!”

“And you are one adorable guy!”

I just shook my head as I ended the call.

I send a quick message.

“Saranghae, Lin-ah!”

I chuckled when I read her reply.

“Saranghae, Hyukie! But don’t you think this will get you out of your blond hair :P”

I really loved this woman.

 

________________________________________________________________________

 

Here you go, another new chapter...and two new characters...Lita and Anja...hope you liked them...as at least Anja will be appearing more often later on ^^