Yoboseo? Hello?

Just A Phone Call Away

***Donghae’s POV ***

I was currently in Lin’s entertainment room working on the new song I was composing.

I often went to her apartment to compose as it was quiet over here and she didn’t mind me playing the same song over and over again.

Sometimes she would even listen and tell me her opinion on my new work.

She had some knowledge about music, she was able to play the piano quite well and visited a school with focus on music.

Right now she was in her room, getting ready for some dinner she wanted to go to tonight.

In the last two weeks I got to know her quite a bit.

She was a fun person to be with.

I liked her a lot, as a friend.

I didn’t think of her as a potential girlfriend, which is a good thing, seeing as her and Hyukjae had a thing for each other, even if they both denied it.

Lin and I became just good friends, watching sappy movies together, practicing on my English and goofing around.

Sometimes I would just sit in her study with her, reading or listening to music while she was working.

It was just comfortable.

Suddenly I could hear Lin’s mobile going off.

Damn you, Hyukjae!

He had changed her ringtone to “Heartquake” again.

He and I were having a small competition with her ringtone.

Hyukjae had found his song on her mobile one day and he had been totally sure that she had been his fan before meeting us.

But then we both took a closer look and we found some more of our songs - one of Kyu’s songs, four songs of the whole SuJu group, “Super Girl” and my own song “Beautiful”.

So Hyukjae and I changed her ringtone back and forth between “Heartquake” and “Beautiful” whenever we got hold of it.

I walked over to Lin’s bedroom and knocked loudly, seeing as she was using her hairdryer right now and probably couldn't hear her mobile.

“Lin?” I shouted.

The dryer was switched off.

“Neh?”

“Your mobile is ringing!”

“Oh, uhm, could you…maybe get that for me. I really need to get ready!”

I hesitated.

“Uhm, okay!”

The hairdryer was switched on again and I walked over to her mobile.

I picked up the phone.

“Yoboseo?”

“Uhm, uh, hello?” a confused female voice answered in English.

I got nervous as hell.

“Uh, hello?” I answered in English, too.

“Excuse me, isn’t this Sabrina’s mobile?”

“Neh, uhm, yes, sorry, it is. Uhm, my name is Aiden Lee” I said awkwardly.

“Aiden Lee? Oh my! Okay, excuse me, but am I talking to Super Junior’s Donghae?”

“Uhm, neh, uh, yes, I mean…who are you?”

The female voice chuckled cutely.

“Sorry, I am Melanie! I’m one of Sabrina’s closest friends. Can I talk to her?”

“Sorry, she is in her room. She dress right now.”

I was so nervous, seeing as my English wasn’t perfect.

“She dress? Oh, you mean she is getting dressed right now?” Melanie said sounding amused.

I let out a relieved laugh.

“Neh, yes, right!”

She chuckled, then she cleared .

“So, Lee Donghae, do tell. Why are you in Sabrina’s apartment answering her phone, while she is getting dressed. Is there something going on with the two of you?”

I almost dropped the mobile.

“ANNIYO! NO! WE’RE JUST FRIENDS!” I exclaimed.

I don’t know why, but I didn’t want Melanie to think that there was something going on between Lin and me.

Melanie laughed.

“I was just joking, Donghae!”

“DONGHAE-YA, GWENCHANA?” I could hear Lin shouting from her room.

She obviously seemed to have finished blow-drying her hair, as it was now silent in her room.

“NEH! I’M STILL ON THE PHONE!”

“WAE? WHO IS IT?”

“Hey, Donghae, can I speak to Sabrina now?”

“Uhm, no, she is still…she…”

“LIN, JUST STAY IN YOUR ROOM AND DO WHATEVER YOU NEED TO DO! I WILL TALK TO YOUR FRIEND MELANIE MEANWHILE!”

Lin’s door flew open.

She was in a bathrobe and had some of her hairs curled already.

“MEL? I want to talk to her!” she said.

I shook my head.

“Anniyo, you’re still not ready! Look, you’re only halfway through with your hair and you aren’t dressed yet!”

“Uhm, hello?” I could hear Melanie on the other line.

Lin looked amused at me.

“Donghae-ya, do you want me to give you Mel’s number now?”

I waved my hands at her to just leave the room already.

“I will ask her myself! Maybe!”

“Donghae? Is Sabrina in the room?” Melanie asked.

“Anniyo, no, she can’t phone yet as she not ready!”

Lin laughed at me and went in her room again.

“Uhm, you want me to tell, uhm, Sabrina something?”

It felt weird to call Lin something else than that, even though I knew her real name was Sabrina.

“Uhm, no. I just wanted to talk to her.”

“You can talk to me,” I said without thinking.

I don’t know why, but I wanted her to keep talking to me.

“Really? Uhm, okay…so, hello!” she said.

I laughed slightly.

“Hello!”

She laughed too.

“I have no idea, what I should talk to you about. You are a star and normally you don’t talk to stars on the phone.”

“You can help me!” I blurted out.

“Help you?” she asked amused.

“Neh, uh, yes!”

She giggled.

“Okay then, Lee Donghae, how may I help you?”

“Do you know which of our Super Junior members Lin, uhm, Sabrina is a fan of?”

I heard Melanie laugh.

“She likes you all!”

I groaned.

“No, she must be a fan of someone. Someone she likes the most!” I said.

Somehow my English got better as my nervousness subsided.

“Ah, Donghae, I can’t tell you, if you don’t know it!”

“Please?”

“Are you doing a puppy face?”

I smiled.

“Yes, of course!”

“No!”

“OH COME ON!”

“Sorry, but no!”

“But I win the game, if you help me! Please tell me!”

“Maybe if you sing for me!”

“Sing for you?” I asked embarrassed.

“Duh, hello? You are supposed to be a singer, right? So sing!” she said amused.

I considered it.

“You tell me, if I sing?”

“We’ll see!”

I coughed a little embarrassed, then I sang a small part of Jason Mraz’s “I’m Yours”.

“Aw, that was nice. I like that song,” she said after I finished the song.

“Thank you. Now, please, tell me!”

“Uhm, nope, sorry, no can do!”

“But I actually sang!” I exclaimed surprised about myself.

“Yes and very beautifully, too. But I still can’t betray my friend. Sorry!”

“AISH!”

I could hear the doorbell ring.

“Wait a second, okay?” I asked Melanie.

“Sure!”

I walked over to the intercom.

“Yoboseo?”

“Yoboseo, it`s me, Hyukjae!”

 

***Hyukjae’s POV***

I sat in the living room, looking at the clock.

I waited for Lin to come home.

Actually I really wanted to see her.

I only saw her a few minutes today, as I left early with most of the members to go to practice, while she stayed back to wait for Kyuhyun, Yesung and Ryeowook.

Ever since I recovered from my illness it seemed like Lin was avoiding me.

Actually, no, that wasn’t true.

She talked to me like she did with everyone else, but she seemed a bit more distant.

When I had been ill for another two days after she picked me up from KBS, she looked after me a lot.

She drove the guys to the SM building and then came back to keep me company.

We watched a lot of Shows together, talked about this and that and messed around.

I remember a small incident, when we were fighting over the remote-control.

 

****FLASHBACK****

We sat on the couch and Lin held the control in her hand, making me watch some crappy show.

“Lin-ah, can you please switch the program? This show is booooooooring!” I said.

“Nope, it’s romantic!”

I looked at her like she had gone crazy.

A smile was playing on her lips.

“Romantic? It’s about a farmer whose cow is dying. This isn’t even a drama, it’s just a documentary!”

“But it’s still romantic. The farmer loves his cow!” she explained.

“Are you messing with me? You can’t be for real!”

She giggled silently, then bit her lips.

“I’m totally being sincere here. It’s romantic!”

I watched her biting her lips and gulped.

I was shaking my head.

“Okay, that’s enough! Give me that remote!”

She held her arm away from me.

“Anniyo, I want to watch that!”

I leaned over her to reach her hand with the control, but she tried to push me away.

“Give me that!”

She started to laugh.

“Anniyo!”

I looked at her and then began tickling her mercilessly.

She screamed and squirmed, but still held her arm away.

I had to laugh at her attempt to fight me, but it didn’t really work.

“Give me that control!”

“NEVER!” she shouted, trying to catch her breath between some laughter.

She was fighting me with all she had and she ended up sliding down on the couch more and more until she finally laid flat on it, with me lying on her.

I grinned in triumph as I finally was able to reach the control and took it out of her grasp.

“Ha, got it!” I shouted happily and then looked down at her.

She was still giggling, trying to catch her breath after I stopped tickling her.

She looked quite beautiful.

Her cheeks were red from excitement and her eyes sparkled.

I blushed when I finally noticed, that I was lying on her and could feel her body pressed to mine, her face very close.

When she stopped laughing, she grinned up at me.

We looked at each other for a moment and somehow I felt the need to lean my face closer to hers.

She stared up at me and then started laughing nervously, pushing me away.

“I have to go and pick up the guys!” she exclaimed and jumped off the couch basically running out of the apartment.

I sighed and run a hand through my hair.

Damn, she is totally confusing me.

*****END OF FLASHBACK****

 

I sighed.

Somehow I got the feeling she wasn’t the same around me ever since.

She made sure we were never alone and if we were, she still would joke as usual, but kept a physical distance between us.

I was really wondering, if she felt the same attraction towards me as I felt towards her.

Probably not.

Probably she just didn’t want me to get the wrong impression as she is working with us and likes us all the same.

We’re just normal friends, aren’t we?

I sighed again.

I wasn’t sure at all.

That’s why I was sitting here, waiting for Lin to return.

I wanted to talk to her and clear up my confusion.

Ryeowook and Kyuhyun came back three hours earlier and told me, she had gone shopping with Yesung.

When I asked why, they just shrugged their shoulders and were mumbling something about a dinner tonight.

I glanced at the clock nervously.

Three hours!

How long can it take to buy something to wear.

Doesn’t she need some time to, uhm, maybe switch into that dress?

Where were they?

In that moment I could hear the door opening.

“Yesungie-hyung?” I shouted.

“NEH?” he answered.

“Thank goodness, where have you been so long? You couldn’t have been out shopping that long,” I said when I ran to the hallway to meet him.

He pulled off his jacket and shot me a confused look.

“No, Lin-ah and I returned more than an hour ago. I was downstairs inviting the others upstairs later and you know, I got caught up with Heechul-hyung, and…”

“So Lin has been at her apartment for over an hour already?” I cut him off.

“Neh, she should be!”

I groaned.

“Aish, and I waited forever for her!”

With that I left our apartment and walked over to hers to ring the doorbell.

After a short moment I could hear Donghae’s voice at the intercom.

“Yoboseo?”

I rolled my eyes.

Even Donghae knew she was at home?

Damn!

“Yoboseo, it`s me, Hyukjae!” I said.

The door opened and I saw Donghae with Lin’s mobile in his hand.

“Oh, Hyukie-ya, come in!”

“Are you switching the ringtone again?”

Donghae shook his head.

“I’m on the phone with Lin’s friend Melanie. Say hello to Melanie, Hyukie-ya!” he said and held the mobile to my ear.

“Uhm, hello, your friend is annoying!” I said confused.

I could hear a female laughing.

I took the phone from Donghae’s hands.

“Which one? Sabrina or Donghae?”

I laughed.

“Both!”

“I can imagine!”

“YAH, Hyuk-ah, don’t badmouth me. You know I’m really nice!” Donghae complained.

I chuckled.

“Right, Donghae is really nice...when he is asleep!” I corrected and Donghae started to beat my shoulders, signaling me to give him back the phone.

“Oh, I want to imagine that one,” Melanie said a bit dreamily.

I sniggered.

“Hey, you have a crush on him?” I asked.

Donghae stopped beating my shoulder and looked interested.

“He has a fine body after all, a girl is allowed to dream, right?” Melanie said and I burst into a fit of laughter.

“WAE??? What did she say?” Donghae asked annoyed.

“Nothing for your innocent ears, dear fishy!” I .

“HYUK!?” he whined.

“Hey, Melanie, you’re allowed to come visit anytime,” I said to her.

“HYUKJAE!” Donghae gasped shocked.

“What? Do you want to meet her or not and besides she is Lin’s friend, so she might come over anyway!”

“Why, thank you, Hyukjae!” Melanie said amused.

“Welcome!”

“So, Hyukjae, tell Sabrina I said hi and some greetings to Donghae. I have to go, this call will be expensive enough. Nice talking to you!” she said.

“Will do, bye Melanie!” I said.

“LEE HYUKJAE!?” Donghae exclaimed. “Let me talk to her, will you?”

I closed the mobile and gave it back to Donghae.

He looked at the mobile and then back at me with a dumbfounded expression.

“HYUKIE-YA, YOU ARE MEAN!”

I sniggered.

I laid my arm around Donghae’s shoulders.

“You know, you should be grateful. Now you have a more mysterious image and she will definitely think of you. She will call you again!”

“HYUK!”

“And then you can have many calls!”

“HYUK!”

“It will be so romantic over the phone!”

“HYUKIE!”

“And when she comes visit you it will be the most romantic thing ever!”

“HYUKJAE!!!!” Donghae shouted at me.

“What?”

“I don’t have her number!”

I looked confused at Donghae.

“Why not?”

“I hadn’t the time to ask her and then you just ended the call!”

I hit the back of his head.

“Pabo, why didn’t you say that earlier?”

“I haven’t had the chance!”

“Then ask Lin-ah for her number!”

“Ask me what?”

I looked in the direction where Lin’s voice was coming from.

She was walking out of her room, putting on an earring.

My breath was caught in my throat.

She looked beautiful.

Amazing.

Stunning.

She was wearing a black strapless dress, which had a tight fitting upper part and was flowing around her hips and thighs just reaching her knees.

She had curled her hair and wore it down just pinned out of her face with a black butterfly hairpin.

I let my eyes wander down her slender figure, reaching her feet which were wearing some black strappy high-heels.

My thoughts were interrupted by Donghae whistling next to me.

“Lin-ah, you look really awesome,” Donghae said.

She finally managed to put on her earring, which looked like black teardrops with silver framing.

“Ask me what?” she asked again.

“Never mind,” Donghae said with a grin.

Lin smiled and turned around in front of us.

“So, what do you think?”

Donghae nudged my side and I cleared my throat.

“Uhm, you look, you look pretty!” I said nervously.

“Just pretty?” she asked a bit sad.

Donghae coughed.

“What Hyukie meant to say was…”

“Stunning. You look stunning,” I blurted out.

She smiled widely at me.

“Chincha? Kamsa hamnida!” she said excited.

Her smile blew me away.

“So, where are you going?” Donghae asked.

She smiled.

“My friend from Taiwan is currently in Korea for some business, so I will have dinner with him tonight!”

My heart fell.

“The one, who is calling all the time?” I asked uncomfortable.

“Neh, I’m so excited!”

I didn’t know what to say and I felt Donghae looking at me concerned.

“So, where will your date take you?” he asked.

“Date?” she asked a bit confused, then she giggled.

“I guess you can call it a date!”

I dropped my gaze to the floor.

I didn’t like to watch her being all happy about a date with that guy from Taiwan.

“So, where will you go?”

“Oh, we’re going to “Chinese Garden”. I love Chinese food!”

Donghae nudged me again.

I still didn’t know what to say.

“Oh, that one. I like it there, too. Hankyung-hyung takes us there all the time.”

“Neh,” I mumbled.

Her mobile went off in Donghae’s hand again.

He looked at the ID and I really didn’t want to, but I glanced at it anyway.

It was really him.

“Oh, that must be him. He is waiting outside for me. Have a nice evening, guys. Sparky, don’t forget to be on time for “Kiss the Radio”, okay?”

I nodded.

She walked over to us, took the mobile out of Donghae’s hand and gave him a small hug.

Then she turned to me and hugged me, too.

I was in heaven.

Her body felt great against mine and she was wearing that lovely perfume of hers again.

“Bye Sparky! Fishy!” she said and then let go of me to leave the apartment.

I stood there, feeling good, but totally bad at the same time.

Donghae nudged me again.

“Hyuk, gwenchana?”

“Neh,” I said and gave him a fake smile.

“I have to go find Ryeonggu. We should go to KBS now!” I said.

Donghae nodded, smiling back at me.

He laid his arm around my shoulders and pulled me with him.

“Hyukie-ya, hwaiting!” he said.