Behind This Door

Just A Phone Call Away

*** Lin Na's POV***

I hit speed dial and was greeted with a very sleepy "Wei?"

"Wei, Lun?"

"Lin Mei, why are you calling that early?"

I had to laugh…Yalun always called me Lin Mei…actually my Chinese name is Lin Na…but he called me his little sister.

"Early? Arron Yan it’s already 2 in the afternoon!"

"Aw, Lin, I just got back around 11am…filming wrapped up very late as we needed to do some scenes in the middle of the night and early in the morning."

"Oh, sorry, really, but I just needed someone to talk to!"

"What happened?" Yalun asked sleepy.

"You’ll never guess what just happened. I got a call from SM Entertainment!"

"SM? Aren’t that those guys from Korea with Super Junior and DBSK under them?"

He sounded confused.

"You bet they are."

"What did they want from you?"

"They offered me a job, being a personal assistant to Super Junior!"

"Yeah, very funny, Lin Mei…you’ve always loved to joke around!"

"Arron Yan, I’m not joking! Why would I?"

"Because Cal rubbed off on you and you love to pull pranks ever since?"

I had to give him that.

"True, but this isn’t a joke. They called to offer me a job! Apparently I made a good impression on some manager of Super Junior M back at the tourism event two months ago."

"Are you for real?"

"I so am!"

Yalun kept silent for a while and then asked a bit sad, "Will you take the offer and leave us?"

"Gosh, Lun, stop being such a baby!"

"No really, Lin, will you?"

"Actually, I have no idea! That’s why I’m calling you…hoped you had some advice. Really…they offered me three times as much money as I am earning right now!"

"Really? Wow, that’s great Lin!"

I thought for a minute.

"So are you telling me to go?"

I could almost see his thoughtful expression through the phone.

"Honestly Lin, I really don’t want you to go. You are like my sister and you’re a really great help for Fahrenciti…but if you want to go…and the offer is great…maybe you should go and have some more experiences!"

"Really?"

I heard a chuckle.

"Yes, just make sure to come back and tell us all their secrets…so we will become even more successful!"

I rolled my eyes.

"You are such a jackass sometimes, Lun!"

With that I hung up, still not sure what I was going to do.

After I finished my phone call to Yalun, I called my boss at HIM International.

They weren’t at all surprised by my call.

Seemingly SM checked in with my company first.

HIM actually thought I should take the opportunity.

They even told me that I would still have a job with them, if Korea wasn’t how I envisioned it.

I felt really touched.

As soon as I finished that call, my phone started to ring again.

"Lin, definitely not fair! You called Lun before the three of us?"

I had to laugh at the immediate complaining.

"Aw, poor you, Cal!"

"Wei, are you making fun of me?"

I giggled.

"Wouldn’t dare to!"

"Aiyo, Cal, give me the phone!" I heard another voice complaining.

And then "Wei, Chun, that’s my phone!"

"Doesn’t matter, you are not asking the important questions!"

"Wei, that’s just because you barely let me speak two sentences to her!"

"Not true!"

"True!"

"Not true!"

"Guys?" I managed to say between my laughter, but they seemed to be too busy fighting to hear me.

"Aiyo, you two!" I could hear a third voice talking.

Then there were some strange scuffling noises before there was finally a normal voice talking.

"Wei? Lin?"

"Thank god, Jiro, finally a normal person on the other end of the line!"

He let out a cute little laugh.

"So, Lin, Yalun told us about SM offering you a job!"

"Well, yes!"

"So, what are you going to do?"

I sighed.

"Don’t know, yet."

"What do you want to do, Mei? What is your heart telling you to do?"

I giggled.

"Jiro, you make it sound like someone proposed to me!"

"Well, someone proposed. It was a job proposal!"

"Jiro, man, just tell her, she should take the opportunity!"

That was Chun’s voice again, always the businessman.

"Wei, do you guys want to get rid of me?" I joked.

"No, of course not, Mei, we love you!" Calvin again now.

My heart stopped for a split second.

"Aw, you guys, I love you, too."

"See, I knew she loved us!" Calvin exclaimed cheekily.

"Aiyo, give me that phone right now! Wei, Lin, you know that’s a great opportunity. Who knows, you might end up managing us in the future!" Chun told me after he seemed to have conquered the phone from Jiro.

"Yeah, maybe!" I answered not really convinced.

"You know, Lin, we’ll still be friends and we’ll see you in Korea as much as we can. Besides you can fly over to Taiwan for holidays. Don’t be afraid. You know, you always should reach for something better in life!"

I felt comforted by his words.

"Thanks, Chun!"

"So, you will go?"

I thought about it for some minutes and then sighed.

"I guess so."

"Yeah!"

"Wei, Lin? Don’t forget to send us some autographs from Super Junior!"

"Calvin Chen, do you want to send me off for some signatures?"

There was some silence.

"You know, Chun, could you hit him for me?"

"Sure thing, Mei, talk to you later!"

I could hear some of Calvin’s screaming and some of Jiro’s laughing when Chun finally hung up the phone.

I shook my head and had to laugh about those adorable guys.

So that’s it, should I take SM’s offer?

Still three days to think about it.

 

***2 weeks later***

I left Taiwan after a goodbye party arranged by my friends at Fahrenciti.

It was tough saying goodbye, especially to those four idiots, Calvin, Jiro, Chun and Yalun.

Yalun was the hardest.

We hugged for what seemed like hours until he finally let go of me.

That guy insisted on bringing me to the airport.

I was a bit afraid of fans finding out and following us, but luckily there were none around.

So, Yalun accompanied me as far as he could and then hugged me before I really had to leave him behind.

"Take good care of yourself, Lin. Don’t forget about me. Give me a call once in a while, will you?"

I had to chuckle at that.

"Don’t worry, you better call once in a while, too, Mr. Busyman!"

When he let me go, he kissed my forehead, which took me by surprise.

"Lun, what if someone saw and took a photo!"

Yalun shrugged and then grinned at me.

"Doesn’t matter!"

Then he pushed me to go.

I gave him a last short hug and then left him.

 

When I finally arrived in Korea there was a guy waiting for me to bring me to my new boss at the SME building.

They gave me some files with details about each SuJu member, told me about their upcoming schedules, about my obligations and where I would be staying.

Apparently SuJu is currently working on their fourth album and seemed stressed because they have had lots of bad press in the previous year concerning some of their members.

Therefore everyone seemed to be working hard to bring back SuJu’s clean image.

I got a little shock when they told me I would be staying in the same house as them, but in my own apartment right next to one of the guys’ with the rest of them living upstairs.

Great, it was hard enough working for a group you are a big fan of, and having had a crush on some of them for two years, but living right next to them?

Just great!

I was told to basically be their babysitter, parent and best friend, helping them out as much as possible.

After the meeting, a driver brought me to the apartment complex and I settled into my new home, which was huge by the way.

It had a master bedroom, a living room, a study, a bathroom, a kitchen, a guestroom and an entertainment room.

Everything was very modernized.

The master bedroom had a huge king-sized bed and a walk-in closet.

One of the bedroom walls was built just out of windows.

It was the same with the living room and I already fell in love with the view.

It was beautiful.

Beside the window, there was a large couch, a TV, a stereo, a whole wall with CDs and DVDs and a coffee table.

The kitchen was a pretty ordinary kitchen with everything you needed.

The bathroom was just, wow!

A shower and a large bathtub that could fit in at least two people.

On one side there was a large mirror and lots of space to store things, as was a woman’s basic need in a bathroom.

The guestroom was a smaller version of the master bedroom.

It made me instantly think of inviting my family and friends over for a visit.

The entertainment room had an integrated home cinema with up to twenty comfy chairs.

I could see a Nintendo Wii and a stack of games beside it.

There was a pool table and even some sports equipment.

Gosh, what was this apartment made for?

To be SuJu’s personal playground?

I shook my head and then made my way to the study.

I loved that room.

There was a small couch, a table and a very comfy looking chair.

There was also a desk with a laptop sitting on it and an office chair behind it.

But my favourite part of that room was the huge collection of books on the shelves.

I let myself fall into the comfy chair and laid my feet on the table.

I sat there for some peaceful minutes before I remembered the files I was still holding in my arms.

I started to look through them.

There were details about each of the members’ family, friends and pre-debut life.

I came across a list with addresses and phone numbers of their contact persons.

It was really interesting.

Some of them had really long lists of friends and others had very short lists.

I thought it strange as I always thought each of them must have a lot of friends.

Apparently I was wrong.

Then there were their health reports.

I felt weird reading all that.

Somehow I felt like I was betraying them and their privacy.

I shook my head as I had to know all that stuff to really help them out.

I kept reading and there were some really interesting facts in those files.

Seemingly there were some of them having some allergies.

Yesung for example had a strawberry-allergy.

Eeteuk had an allergy concerning some kinds of grasses.

Donghae and Ryeowook tend to react to dust mites.

I almost had to laugh when I saw one of mine and my friends' most discussed theories finally being confirmed.

Eeteuk had some problems with his back, often complaining about backaches.

Poor guy.

Kyuhyun, I almost started to tear up reading his health report, lucky to still be alive after he had a major car accident in 2007, still had some problems with his hips from time to time.

He had to check in with the doctors more often than the other guys.

I made a mental note to try to accompany him to those appointments.

After I finished reading their health reports I came across some information concerning their private life.

I was shocked reading about six of the members having had secret girlfriends while being active as Super Junior.

Those six being Eeteuk, Heechul, Kangin, Sungmin, Eunhyuk and Donghae, but apparently all of those relationships were already broken off.

Last relationship to break off had been Donghae’s, who had dated a Chinese girl while staying there for Super Junior M activities.

I shook my head.

Gosh, they were good at keeping things a secret.

After I read through all the files I thought it would be time to introduce myself to my new "babies" I would have to sit in future.

I went into the master bedroom, which I declared mine, and came across a mirror.

No way I will introduce me as a new "friend" in those clothes.

I was still dressed in some formal clothes as I met up with my new boss today.

I decided to take a quick shower and then get dressed with a pair of jeans, some sneakers and a white tank top.

I tied my long blond hair up in a ponytail and chose my favourite silver necklace with a cross pendant which my grandmother once gave to me as a present.

I applied some simple make-up.

Light rouge, some mascara and a clear lip-gloss had to do.

Satisfied, I left my apartment and walked to the door across the hallway

What would await me behind this door?